To Dad

I came home from work today and my wife handed me a Father’s Day card. She told me that my son made it last night. She’s supposed to give it to me on Sunday but she can no longer wait. She also thought that it might make me feel better after 12 hours of craziness in the E.R. She was right. As soon as I read the card, all my physical exhaustion and psychological frustrations melted away. I felt so happy that my son took the time to make something for me. It was the most beautiful Happy Father’s Day card I’ve ever seen.

My son told me at the later part of the day that he had a surprise for me on Father’s Day. I asked him what it was. He told me, ” It’s a surprise, dad!” I smiled at him and replied back, ” Can’t wait for my surprise.”

On top of my Father’s Day card, my son made me these drawings. My wife  said that he made several sketches until finally he decided that this was the perfect one. I thought it was a masterpiece. I was so proud of my little boy.

My wife asked me what I want for Father’s  Day. I told her not to buy me any material thing. All I could ever want is already in front of me. Just being with them is the greatest present I could ever ask for. After all, a Holiday is all about celebrating with families and friends. It’s not about the trimmings nor the elaborate preparations. It’s about the gathering of those closest to you and sharing with them your time, love and affection. I’m okay with a simple dinner of Pizza, a bucket of KFC chicken followed by a family oriented DVD movie. My family is my most cherished  gift on this special day for dads.

Happy Father’s Day to all.What’s your best Father’s day gift? What’s the one thing you did or gave that brought a glow on your husband’s face? Sometimes it could just be as easy as saying ” I Love You” followed by a warm hug. We husbands or dads are way to easy to please.

This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, kids, Love and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to To Dad

He did a beautiful job. Love the card!! :-)
    I agree that with family we need nothing else. :-)

The greatest present all the world.! Happy father’s day.
    I can imagine happy your family. :smile:

• Thank you Cocomino,. I share this day with your family as well. I totally agree with you, Our family is our greatest present in the world. Wishing you peace , love and happiness to you and your family today and everyday.

3. Frank Bishop says:

The kind of thing that melts you with cuteness and makes you powerless. It is heart warming to say the least.

• That’s exactly what I felt when I opened the card. Kids creates magical things sprinkled with innocent joy and happiness.. They are the greatest gift any parent could ever want. Wishing you the best on this special day!Thanks for the comment.

4. Husbands and dads are easy to please… Yes! Which makes gifting men so I difficult! I would be saying, “come on, there must be something nice that you want!” Hahaha. Happy Fathers Day! You have a lovely family, may you always be blessed. Take care.

• Thanks Faith. Well , I wanted to upgrade my blog so I can post videos. Maybe I’ll ask her for that. Again, it’s meant to be shared. I’m happy to hear from you again. You’re my link to the Pearl of the Orient Seas. God bless to you and your family. Very heartwarming tribute to your grandmother.

5. barb19 says:

It’s a beautiful card, brimming over with love! Your son loves you very much. A simple thing like this can melt our hearts and fill us with such joy, we want to shout it to the world!
    Happy Father’s Day!

• Thank you Barb. Yes, a lot of times I felt like shouting to the world the joys my son gives me. Perhaps this is what all parents feel about their children. I celebrate this day with them. Nice to hear from you. Have a great day.

• Today, is still worth celebrating, not just for fathers but for all the men in the world that makes a difference in the lives of others. Have a great day my friend. I still would like to celebrate this day with awesome men like you.

6. awwwww..happy fathers day!! and lots of blessings to you and yours. the card is so sweet!!!!!
    the nicest fathers day gift we got my dad (he said yesterday) was what my family did for him yesterday. I am away from home and my family asked me to write a letter for my dad..all my siblings did a letter too which they read to him at dinner.. then I was included at dinner via the phone :) he seemed so happy and I wondered how a man who had spent his life sacrificing could be satisfied with so little. I love him so much. dads are the absolute best:) :)

• Thank you for the reply and the greeting. My dad is the same. He’s already happy with simple gestures like a letter, a phone call, a hug or a kiss. Fathers are way simple. To them what matters is that they are surrounded by the people he loves. They do what they do, including sacrifices and all because that’s how they express their love to their family. Honestly, I didn’t understand my dad as well until I became a father myself. When i look in the mirror , I’m seeing him and I’m glad that he showed me his ways by example and for that I’m always grateful. You have a great dad that loves you whether you’re far or near. You’ll always be his daughter that he loves and adores no matter what. he may not say it often but I know he feels that way everyday. Looking forward to share your journeys. Have a blessed and happy day.

• Thank you for the greeting and the reply. Your father loves you dearly just from reading the thoughts you shared today. My dad is the same, simple and easy to please. A letter, a phone call, a hug and a kiss from those they care about already makes them happy and valued. The greatest gift a father could ever want is to be in the presence of those he loves. I wasn’t as affectionate when I was younger, I wish I had. It’s harder for a guy to be that way to his dad for some reason but now that I became a father myself, I can totally dig why he is what he is. Fathers may not be outspoken about their feeling but their hearts are filled with love for their children. That’s why they sacrifice a lot of themselves for the comfort of their love ones. Your dad sounds like a great, caring, loving man. cherish him. just like my dad they’re not getting any younger. When you got to see him again, a hug and a kiss would make him the happiest dad. I haven’t seen physically my dad for 3 years except via internet and that’s the first thing I’m going to do. Have a blessed, happy day.

7. thedailydish says:

What a great card!! I especially love that the card has is very own tie. Now that’s a sign of true class!

Hope you enjoyed a wonderful Father’s Day; as long as you were with your family, I’m certain you did!

• I did had a great time. My son and I actually had the chance to meet the bugs, birds and gators at the Brazos Bend state park last Saturday. we had our very own Happy Father’s Day celebration at the great outdoors. It felt nice to be alone with, the bonding and all. I like the tie on the card too. In real life , I wear scrubs though. I can no longer remember the last time I wore one. It’s always a pleasure to hear from you. God bless to you and your family.

8. suitablefish says:

I love your son’s card! Dog, flower, butterfly, fish, umbrella. . . Wonderful.

I feel the warmth flow!! So happy!! :D

• Children have a way to fill of hearts with warmth, joy, humility and many more. I’m not really into material things and I’m easily pleased. When I got his card, I felt that I just won the best price of all- LOVE! Have a wonderful day Ristin.

10. Barbara says:

Your son’s colorful card and masterpiece drawings are treasures you will no doubt keep forever!
    A few years ago one of our kids gave my husband a t-shirt which says:
    DAD
    THE MAN
    THE MYTH
    THE LEGEND
    He wears it every Fathers Day! :)

• Your kid was really sweet and thoughtful. Happy Father’s Day to your husband. He truly deserves the title The Man, The Myth and The Legend. His love and dedication in his family shows in your work and today we honor and celebrate for being the great man that he is.

11. incessantme says:

it’s soooooooooo sweet !!! u must be a proud dad :)

12. beadedthread says:

Your son has got a good talent out there by being so creative with paper and sketches..!
    You should be proud of him and he too for having such a great father like you who can acknowledge his big work :)

• Thank you. I’m proud and happy of whatever he creates. to me his works are masterpieces that I will cherish always. I’m sure all parents feel the same way of their kids achievements, big or small.

13. HI! There is nothing like the love of a child. Your son’s card was so heart felt. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers,
    Louise

• I was so happy that day. I was from work when I got the card, all tired and all but when I read his hand -made card all the physical tiredness melted away. Thank God for bringing the adorable children in our lives. Thanks for the comment.

Wow! That must have been a truly wonderful experience more so because it was your son who gave you a card. I actually had a similar experience and I made an article about it too. Just in case you have time, read it through this link:

It may be late to greet you but I’ll do anyway. Belated Happy Father’s Day, my friend!

• Thank you. I enjoyed reading your post. It shows a lot of love for your wife and son. Just like you, one of my happiest and unforgettable memories was my son coming out of this world. No words to describe it. Belated Happy Father’s Day too.

15. Pingback: Art in The Card (What I Received on Father’s Day) | Stories of My Wandering Feet & Mind