Weekly Photo Challenge: Refreshing

The mind is a powerful thing. As I sat down under this folding chair with the water running down my head and shoulder, I closed my eyes and imagine that I was under a waterfall in the rain forest. It’s a great way to escape from a stressful situation. When I open my eyes and back to the present World, I feel invigorated once again.

This entry was posted in photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Refreshing

1. barb19 says:

Looks very inviting – wish I was there right now!

• Thanks Barb. Some community pool have an umbrella water feature, usually at the kids section and it does the same thing. I usually accompany my son and we would sit where the water goes down. takes those shoulder aches and stress away.

2. Interesting take on ‘refreshing’. Love it! Are you a part of the “Sunday Stills” challenges too? If not, you should be! Your photos are always amazing. : )

• . No I’m not part of the “Sunday Stills” challenge but what is that? Sounds interesting. I was finally able to figure out the Post A Week and Weekly photo last night. Obviously I’m not well versed with computers and I had to read the instructions so many times. Thank you . I’m glad you like it.

The mind is limitless. I’m also amazed by its ability to create wonderful images and environment in the dream during asleep! ^^

• I used to dream more when I was younger, sometimes I would dream that I’m in a different country. When I wake up it felt so real. the human brain has so many fascinating potentials.

4. GOD! this is so tempting!
    u know, right now here in Pakistan it is so damn hot n I wish for nothing other than what u posted!

• I wish the weather gets cooler soon in your country. Our temperature is around the 90’s during day time . That is hot but early mornings and late afternoons are more pleasant. The great thing about Summer is that the pools are open for swimming, I just have to avoid the the mid day because you can easily have a first degree burn if without sun block. It is good to hear from you again. Have a great Summer.

5. Love this photo. It looks so serene and I wish I was in front of a waterfall right now. I hope you had a great weekend.

• Thank you. I actually worked this weekend but I was lucky that Sat-Sun. wasn’t that busy thus I had the chance to check my blog, respond to comments as well as read the posts of the blog that I followed. With this Summers heat, it is nice to be around any form of water. I’m off today, may be I can finally visit the pool. Have a great day.

That is a very relaxing shot… Perfect for a hot summer day! Refreshing… ;-)

• Thanks. I was at a waterpark when I took it. I was staring at it for a while, admiring the whole flow of things. So, I took a picture so I can look at it whenever I feel anxious or stress out. It works.

I’ve been AWOL lately… just from exhaustion and the hectic pace of life. :-)

• Sometimes we need to pause and give ourselves time to catch up, to breath and rejuvenate. When your body and mind are able to rest, you’ll wake up with so much ideas that will touch a lot of hearts and a lot of lives. Looking forward to your uplifting posts. I posted the awards you gave me and I wish to share them with the readers so they will get inspired by you as well. Take care.

8. This looks so comfy! and so relaxing, sipping drinks as the sunsets :) Great photo!

Waterfall relaxes and cools us.It’s really nice place.:)

10. where in the world is that rock feature??? I want it!!! its so beautiful and you describing the waterfall makes me want to go on holiday right now :) soo beautiful!!!

• It’s at the waterpark at Six Flags , San Antonio, Tx. It was so much fun and refreshing! So much water everywhere. I’m glad you like it. Summer is getting hotter , almost 100F , and being drenched in cold water feels so good, almost like a relief! Have a fun Summer.

11. eva626 says:

man i wish i was there!!!

12. Artswebshow says:

There is something soothing about the sound of water.
    There are a number of rain videos on youtube that simply capture the sound of falling rain.
    So soothing to listen to

• Thanks for the additional information. Water in any form for some reason makes a vision of tranquility and added with the sound of it, magic! Some people don’t like it when it rains but it’s one of the calming, almost nostalgic events of nature.

13. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Refreshing… | Mirth and Motivation

14. didta says:

im lucky i live in the middle of indonesian rainforest

15. Tilly Bud says: