Weekly Photo Challenge: Sky

America, America! God shed his grace on thee, and crown thy good with brotherhood, from sea to shining sea!” This kept repeating over my head after the church service this morning. It’s part of the patriotic song America, The Beautiful by Katharine Lee Bates  in 1913. On my way home, I saw the American flag waving across the sky in all its glory and pride. I told myself, what can be more fitting than to honor and celebrate the flag that symbolizes our independence and freedom. As I took its picture I felt blessed to know its rich history, the heritage and its people. It is a precious gift to live in the land of the free and the brave. The land where hopes and dreams can come true. Happy 4th of July celebration to everyone.

This entry was posted in photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Sky

How wonderful to hear somebody so proud of the country that they live in!

Happy Independence Day….. with love from Bulgaria

2. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Sky | Tapestry of Life

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Sky | Inside & Out

4. itacasillas says:

Happy Independence day America,, ^^ (beautiful picture :) )

5. Connie T says:

This is a nice sky photo.

• Thank you. I can’t think of a better way to tell the World how great America is regardless of the negativity of the media. It is a land of hope, equality and freedom. It’s not perfect but that’s why we strive each day so it can be. Thanks Connie.

Wish you and your family a great day!! :) Happy 4th of July!

7. nuvofelt says:

Wishing you and your family a very blessed 4th July

Great sky.I hope the peace of all the world.:)

9. Patti Kuche says:

As an outsider in the US I promise you that most of the media negativity comes straight from that deep well of ignorance beloved of so many.

Happy Independence Day and you keep that flag flying! (Great shot btw!)

• Thanks for the honest comment. Sometimes I prefer not to read the news because a lot of the stories is about hate, crimes, death , war and all sorts of evil. No wonder some of us live in fear and losing hope. But it helps to be positive and hopeful that one day the hurts will heal and everyone can just live in peace. It’s a long shot but just may be it can happen.

10. Wonderful sky shot!

11. thirdhandart says:

Beautiful photo! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Hope you had a lovely 4th; bright and sunny and clear like your beautiful shot… :-)

• Thank you. I had several pictures of the sky but this one made an impression to me and It felt just right to honor the flag and what it symbolizes. I like your Sunday still picture. That was one true patriotic image. Have a great 4th of July.