Weekly Photo Challenge- Colorful

For some of us, ” colorful” means the vibrant play of a kaleidoscope of colors that catches our eyes and trigger a jubilant emotional response. For others, it’s how we envision the World around us. Is it bright? Is it gloomy with gray clouds hovering above our heads? Is it festive as if there are always fireworks zooming all over the sky?

I was at the beach a few days ago and I was watching my son interact with the other children. They lined up several buckets and would fill them up with sea water and sand. As they do this, they would laugh, giggle and smile at each other. They would run, jump and play with so much energy and total submission to the moment. As I look at their faces, I could see genuine happiness untainted by any influence.

The physical mixing of colors like that on an artist’s palette is one beautiful definition of what is ” colorful” but it can also be an innermost happy, optimistic and hopeful feeling that comes from within all of us. When we feel joyful and consumed with love, everything around us becomes truly colorful.

Have a colorful day to all. Remember, the magic to make colors already dwells in your heart.

This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, kids, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge- Colorful

1. barb19 says:

Love your colourful photos!

2. I love the colorful pictures! We are going to the beach right now for a few days. Your pictures got me so EXCITED!

Cheers,
    Louise

• Thank you . I hope you and your family have a great and fun time at the beach. Summer is all about making happy and lasting memories with family and friends. Have a wonderful , sunny day at the beach.

3. Gail says:

I love this post! And I especially love the photo of the colorful buckets on the beach! Your posts always leave me feeling happy. Thanks!

• Thanks Gail. Happiness needs to be shared and spread around. Wouldn’t it be a great World if everyone exudes joy and optimism? There is so much pain out there like the recent event in Norway that even if it takes forever, we all need to put color and happiness in the lives of others. I’m glad you visited today. God bless you and your family.

4. The photos definitely capture a festive mood. Perfect images! I hope many people click on these so that they can smile compliments of your pictures..

• Thanks. I hope so too. I’m happy though that I got to share and even for just a few people, made them smile and put a bit of color to their day. It feels great to hear from you everytime.

5. Absolutely gorgeous photos! Your posts always make me wish that summer was longer!

• Thanks . I wish the same. Can’t believe our community pool will close when classes starts. Bummer! I know it’s hot now but I enjoy the long day light hours compared to that in the Fall ( makes me feel depressed). Thanks for the visit. How was your last visit to the pool?

6. Hi! I love all your photos on your blog. You could have used any one of them for ‘colorful’ – they’re all great! Really enjoyed looking at them. The turquois one above is one my favorite colors.

• I’m glad you like the photos. I’m always fond of colors. Must be because I grew up in the tropics. Colors makes me feel alive and makes everything seem interesting. Thanks for the comment.

7. Patricia says:

Words of wisdom, very well said! And happy pictures with a world in them.

How beautiful color and phrase! I like them.

• Thanks. It’s always a pleasure to hear from you. Hope the kids are having a wonderful time this Summer. The post on camping was a lot of fun. The Melon game was new to me . I should try it one day. Take care,

You really do come up with some wonderful ideas and thoughts. You are right people and their lives can be dull or colourful..I am COLOURFUL….

Thank you for a really great post , as usual, Sent with colourful love to you all

• I choose to be COLORFUL too my friend! There’s already to much depressing news worldwide, we need something to inspire ourselves and others. Being optimist in the midst of difficulties brings a sense of hope that tomorrow would be a better day. Have a great, colorful day.

10. john tugano says:

I love the first picture..From the blue of the sea to the yellow of the sand and the mixes of colors of every pail..like this post.

• Thanks for the visit. I can tell from your description to the latest post you made that you’re an Artist that admires the beauty around him. You have a way with words that brings the picture into life. looking forward to discover your Blog more. Have a great weekend.

11. Pingback: More Color! Weekly Photo Challenge: Colorful | Inspiration

• Thanks. I thought is was a beautiful picture . I kept staring at it and I was drawn to how they were arrange together. spontaneous, bundled. Reminds me of the comforts when you’re around family.

12. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Colorful « Mike Hardisty Photography

13. Susan says:

Such happy, colorful, gorgeous photos. The buckets on the shore are mesmerizing, like a doorway back to childhood days playing with colorful sand buckets at the beach. I feel joyful falling into the color and story in these photos. Thanks for brightening my day.

• It feels good to read such an inspiring comment. I’m glad it brightened your day. Colors have a way to influence our moods and feelings. The brighter the color, the happier we get. thank you for the visit.

I love the colorful things you shared… So cheerful and different… Love them! :-)

• Thanks. There is so much trouble in the World that everyone needs a bit of cheering up and a dash of happy, bright colors. Last week it was all being Hot ( intense weather and all) and this week’s theme can not be more timely for a World grieving for those who didn’t make it in Norway. Our prayers and thoughts to the victims and their families. Stay blessed.

15. itacasillas says:

your summer holiday was colorful ;)

16. Pingback: IL VENTAGLIO – Weekly Photo Challenge (Colorful) « aNTibaKTeRiYeL

17. thedailydish says:

As much as I love your photos, IT (and these are stunning) I like your prose even more.

• I’m honored by the comment. It feels good to the heart. Inspiring. I love to write but I never considered myself as a writer. I’m more into painting/drawing since childhood. This is a new discovery for me this year and it’s very addicting. It’s like I can’t pass a day without it. Honestly though, it was the encouragement of people like you that motivated me to explore writing and for that I’ll always be grateful.

18. Robin says:

I love the simplicity of these. But then I am partial to beach pictures.

• Thanks. I love anything that involves the beach. From the colors, to the happy, positive outlook of the people, to the soothing view of the ocean. The buckets reminded me of my childhood. My parents would bring us to the beach on weekends and it was a happy experience every time. I miss those days.

19. thirdhandart says:

Beautiful photos and beautiful words: “the magic to make colors already dwells in your heart”!

20. sbmacinnis says:

Great post I love the colours of the buckets at the beach.

• Thank you. It’s my favorite too. The buckets symbolized a lot of things to me. Made me think and reflect when I was looking at them. It’s like looking at a piece of Art, I thought it had a story to tell all of us. Have a blessed day my friend.

21. Patti Kuche says:

Thank you for your inspiring dose of colour!

22. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Colorful… | Mirth and Motivation

23. Josette says:

Thank you for the pingback! I love the sand pails! They remind me of my youth on the beaches of Nova Scotia.

• Your welcome and thanks for the visit. I’m glad you like them. The buckets reminded me of my childhood too when my parents would bring the whole family to the beach. I miss those childhood days.

24. knot2share says:

So beautiful! I loved the buckets. What a cheerful set of photos..Thank you for sharing!

25. jhirzel88 says:

The colors in the photos are creative, especially the one with the colored sand buckets. I think the beach is the most lively place. Yet again, the colored neon lights at Las Vegas are really colorful, and I’d call that a lively place just because we have all that color. I’ve never been to Las Vegas, but as fun as it would be to visit, I couldn’t imagine it being dull.

• I went to Las Vegas 2 years ago to visit classmates in college. My son had his trick or treat there in one of the subdivisions. It was fun. the lights were amazing and enticing but after 3 days, my wife and I felt bored. It’s not a family oriented place like Orlando, Fl., or as compared to San Antonio even. It’s meant more for the young adults who enjoy the night life. I was passed that stage. We can’t bring our son to certain places either from cigarette smoke or because it was inappropriate. But I had a lot of great pics, may be I should share them in the future. I hope that you get to visit Vegas though, I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun there. Vegas has it’s unique kind of fun and you need to at least experience it once.