I’m not yet a part of the Post A Day Challenge but I saw today’s theme, ” Dream House,” and something inside of me whispered that I had to share a post about it.
5 years ago, I bought a house which me and my wife thought was our ultimate dream house. It’s a 2 story house with high ceilings, grand foyer, quartz counter tops, lots of windows and cherry wood cabinets. We have a huge backyard with so much possibilities, a subdivision with breathtaking landscapes and a friendly community that values its neighbors.
The first 2 years was the ” Honeymoon” phase. This was the time that we were so excited in decorating the house, painting the walls, buying decor, putting up window treatments, front yard landscaping and getting inspiration from the countless model homes we visited.
We decided to stick to the ” Global Inspiration” with a touch of coastal influence. We love the fusion of different cultures but more importantly we like to put a piece or two of our roots. It reminds us of home, the environment where we grew up and felt the unconditional love of family.
After the memorable DIY and home decorations, we settled in, was able to relax and just be at home. Through the years, I realized that it is not really how big your house is, or how expensive and grandiose is it that counts. What matters is how you live in it. A house is just a house but a home is where you feel safe, loved and be yourself. Looking back now, I would rather have a simple, small house but rich with my family’s affection. A house filled with sweet love, calming peace and endless happiness. This is my dream house and I’m so blessed to live in it.
- Dream House: a fellow bloggers gorgeous home (jennhearn.wordpress.com)
- What Would My Dream House Be Like? (alesbianphysician.wordpress.com)
- My Dream Home (hastenhome.wordpress.com)
- The Denarion House – Update / Part 2 (prov31dream.wordpress.com)
- The Pain We’ll Never Know (hiwaychristian.wordpress.com)
- Day 16: Dream house (jaykeem.wordpress.com)
- My Dream House topic #198 (misswhiplash.wordpress.com)
- Inspiration: Ten Things A Dream Home Must Have… (eof737.wordpress.com)