Weekly Photo Challenge: Entrance

I was at the Rain Forest Pyramid this weekend. It’s my last Summer getaway with my son before his school starts next week He told me that this is the best Summer he ever had. I believed him totally. I got lucky and found a shot that I think is perfect for this week’s theme, ” Entrance” of the Weekly Photo Challenge. It’s more of a preview of my 10th and final adventure of the Summer.

The entrance reminded me of my favorite adventure movie when I was a kid called Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Arc.  This door leads directly to the Aquarium with several carnivorous Piranhas and one huge Anaconda.

Where’s the head? It’s actually hiding at the back of this stone pillar. This particular Anaconda is big enough to swallow a whole chicken. Imagine these creatures in the wild. Looking at their enormous size alone demands respect and fear.

Another entrance from the roof of the cave-like structure. It can serve as an exit if for some unfortunate fate we get trap inside. As long as the glass won’t break and the snake stays put, it would be fun to climb it from below.

This entry was posted in Events, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Entrance

What a interesting Pyramid which is educational and meaningful.Thank you for sharing.:)

• Thank for the comment. There’s so much to do, new discoveries. The birds and animals roam free inside the pyramid. I’ve yet to post the details next time. Right it’s back to school shopping. I’m getting dizzy already. Part of parenthood fun. Best wishes to you and your family.

Hiya..Yes you are right it does look like the entrance from Raiders or Indiana Jones. Very interesting and very enticing to enter. I don’t like you Anaconda but simply because it is a snake, nothing to do with your photography.

Have a great Day my friend P

• Thanks for the comment. I also freak out silently when I see a snake. I know that some have them as a pet. I believe that they do need to be free though the way nature intended them to be, and into the lush real rain forest just like Christy of Daily Dish said in her comment. What I love about my rain forest adventures were the colorful birds that seemed so tamed that they would rest on a branch of a tree close to humans. It’s almost being close to nature. Take care and stay blessed my friend.

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Entrance « The Chaotic Mind

4. barb19 says:

That was another good place to take your son – fun and educational. Great photos!

• It was Barb. We visited the fun and educational park for 3 days. It was our mini vacation before the Summer end. We got to swim at the beach as well as ride the tubing in a artificial river. My son was so happy and excited. ” Best Summer,” he said on our way home. Thank once again for the comment.

5. Louise says:

Hi! This place looks amazing! I also loved Raiders of the Lost Ark!

Cheers,
    Louise

• Thanks Louise. It was amazing. I felt like a kid all over again. I could almost here the theme song of the movie when I ventured into the magnificent entrance. I have a big imagination.

6. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Entrance | Stories of My Wandering Feet & Mind

7. What a great inspiration for Entrance! Nicely done.

• Thanks Georgette. I was at the Moody Gardens when I saw the new challenge. Good thing I took those photos using my wife’s iPhone Camera. I was thinking of a door of some sort but I got nothing in my archives. ” Entrance” is broad though. One of the post took a photo of his wife’s eyes which was really beautiful. How’s the rest of your Summer? Best wishes to you and your family.

Beautiful photos.

9. thedailydish says:

Your final adventure of the season! I’m so glad your son has enjoyed his best summer yet.. till next year, anyway! We used to visit the Philadelphia Zoo, where they display the anaconda directly across from the python – both are enormous. I’m not a huge fan of zoos – I always feel awful for the animals – but I’m glad I’ve seen an anaconda in person. Makes me thankful they live no where near me naturally!

• I’m not a zoo fan either, I would rather see them roam free except for a giant snake or some carnivorous animal crossing my path. I don’t want to be it’s next meal.They belong to the wild, where they once lived. Philadelphia Zoo sounds like a good place for children to see and learn about animals. Our kids just need to know that God created them as majestic creatures to live in our forests and wildlife wilderness. That we need to protect them , take care of them so the next generation will have the chance to experience what they look like up close. I’m thankful too that there’s no Anacondas near my subdivision. We do have alligators in our neighborhood. Thank you for the comment. Wishing you and your family the best.

10. wow! this looks like something out of fairy tale world, seriously!

• Thanks Habiba. It does look magical particularly for a child. I didn’t have the chance to see something like this when I was a boy, now I got to experience it with my son. Life is really full of surprises. We just have to welcome them with open arms. Stay blessed. Wishing you and your family peace, love and happiness.

11. Pingback: Weekly Photos Challenge: Entrance | Inside Out Cafe

12. yi-ching lin says:

it reminds me of the first Harry Potter movie – where the snake escapes!

• I’ve yet to see the last Harry Potter but I remember the scary snake. So huge, so real. Was it talking too? Well, anything is possible in a H.Potter movie. Thanks for the visit.

13. Barbara Rodgers says:

Looks like another winner! It’s no wonder your son would think this was the best summer ever. :)

• Thanks Barbara. My family and I think that it was the best Summer so far that we spent in Texas. It wasn’t expensive either. We just needs to be open to any possibilities and adventures. Like my last Museum trip, it only cost me a gas refill for my car but the memory was priceless. We just have to enjoy life while we can and it may not even cost us much except our time and our heart to make new experiences. Best wishes to you.

14. vivacioushy says:

Breathtaking…enough said

15. suitablefish says:

Wonderful entrances. . . all captivating.

16. Those movies are definitely classics.

• They are. I used to watch Indiana Jones several times when I was a boy. It’s a different adventure as compared with the new movies now, even the remake. Thanks for the comment.

17. 2e0mca says:

Looks like a great place to take the kids :-)

18. I guess I’ve already said it before – you (both of you?) have got a beautiful site! Whenever I come over here to comment on a post, I find another one who also catches my attention…. :o The colors from the Children’s Museum one will be my next stop! Great job on the entrances! cheers, Raquel

• Thanks Raquel. Your comment sounded so good and inspiring. I too have discovered a lot of beautiful sites, some of them I’m so amazed by their stories, or the photos or simply by the positive words that they create that makes you feel good about yourself and others. I truly enjoyed your blog as well. The thoughts you shared and the remarkable photos are all wonderful to see and read. Anyone who discovers your blog will be in for a delightful treat. Best wishes to you and your family.

19. thirdhandart says:

An awesome entrance! We love the Indiana Jones’ movies. This entrance could easily be used as a set in one of them.

• Thanks. I went to Hollywood Studious last year and there’s this scene from the live Indiana Jones show of the the main lead coming down via a rope from the ceiling. It reminded me of that experience as well when I took the photos. Indiana Jones is timeless.

20. Captivating photos, island traveler. They do bring to mind the Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Arc movie. I’m glad your son got to experience his “best summer” before having to go back to school. Makes interesting playground talk for little kids – talking about big snakes. :-)
    Thank you so much for the pingback. Greatly appreciated.

• Your welcome and thank you too. My son will have a lot to share when his classes starts next week. It was a great Summer for all of us. I’m glad that I got to share those adventures with him. We need to savor the fun moments and memories . Sometimes when we let a chance pass, we may never have the opportunity to experience them again, or at least in the same way.

• It’s always a joy to discover another Blogger of similar interest. The weekly photo challenge is something that I look forward to each week. It’s a great way to view the different photo interpretation of the many talented people of Word press. Kids are in for an exciting treat whenever they visit this place. My Son can’t wait to go back soon. Thank you for the wonderful comment.

21. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Entrance « Memoirs Of A Madonna

22. TheDeeZone says:

Nice. Where is the Rain Forest Pyramid?

23. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Entrance (to the other side) | Inside Out Cafe

You have some amazing shots here… and that anaconda which I finally caught in the shot is huge. Scary! :-)

• It was huge. I’m kind of scared of snakes particularly after watching the first Anaconda movie but it was cool to see it swimming around with the piranhas. Thanks for the comment.

25. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Entrance… | Mirth and Motivation

26. jhirzel88 says:

I am terrified of snakes. I can barely look at them, especially since they eat live animals by strangling them. It has fangs with go inward to force the victim in and it’s skin can be stretched. That anaconda won’t hurt you though, because it only eats certain animals.

I can see a reflection in the window. Is that a blue car? I can still see the snake clearly even though the reflection does look distracting since it’s covering the pillar a little bit.

• Same here. I was brave enough to take a picture because it was inside a huge aquarium but you won’t see me near one if it’s in the wild. I can still remember the J. Lo Anaconda movie and even if it’s fictional, it was just scary. I think the blue reflection was a group of blue macaws. Those were the only blue subject that I could remember. Thanks for the fun comment.

27. Tilly Bud says:

I love your personal choice for this prompt.

28. john tugano says:

I love the first one..I dont know how you shot it..You made a great angle making the entrance and whats inside of it, very visible..Its exciting to see piranhas and Anaconda there..=)

• I usually just choose a scene which I thought was beautiful to look at but honestly, when I was inside that place, any angle would probably still look good. I can’t even do an absolute justice to how amazing the place was. Yep, those Piranhas with the Anaconda was a stealer. I guess they can live in harmony. Interesting. Thanks for the comment.

29. What a great place! What kid wouldn’t be inspired by this?

30. How fun! Looks like you had a great weekend. When I saw the first picture I immediately thought of Indiana Jones! What a really cool place!

I can’t believe that summer is quickly coming to an end. Not long enough… :(

31. Judith says:

What I most love about blogging is finding about all these places I would never hear of otherwise. Great place to take your son and something he will always remember and associate with you.:)

• Same here. With work, the scary economy and the piling responsibilities, there is no way for us to go to those amazing places. The blogging World in the next best thing. Plus I get to meet a lot of cool and talented people such as you. Take care and stay inspired for us.

32. Judith says:

And I just discovered why I have not been receiving your posts by email. Somehow I have been unsubscribed for a time and so have today resubscribed so that I can continue to follow you on your journey.

33. Mizz says:

I wish my Dad took me to this kind of places when I was still a lil girl :)

• Back in my time, I never had places like this to go as well. But it’s never to late to do it as soon as time permits it. Things I have not experienced as a child, I’m kind of having a second change via my son’s adventures. That’s one of the great things I enjoy being a dad. Never a dull moment. Thank you.

34. I love the originality of this photo. It fits perfectly with the “Entrance” theme. I guess it must be bittersweet for you to know that it’s already nearing the end of summer. I am sure that your son will miss all the fun, but I bet he is also excited to be starting school. Time goes so fast, but memories will last forever. By the way, I must admit that I feel a bit sorry for that huge Anaconda! He looks huge for that small area. I think it would be kind of cool to take a trip to the Amazon to see them one day (from a very safe distance). Also, I just heard today that “Google StreetView” is currently down there traveling by boat and bike collecting panoramic pictures. It should be amazing when they upload those images for the world to see. Plus, it will be a very “safe way” to see these beautiful creatures in their natural habitat. Anyway, I know that your son must love all of your adventures together! :)

• Thank you. That is one cool comment. Tomorrow is my son’s first day of school. He is all excited. He loves going to school and meeting new friends. I’m just as excited for him. We do feel sad a bit that Summer is coming to an end but it’s still hot in Texas and we still could visit the beach on weekends. I kind of feel bad for the Anaconda too since it’s confined to a small place and that it belongs to the wild. I will check out the ” Google street view” for those images. I will miss this year’s Summer . It was indeed something to remember. Wishing you and your family all the sweet blessings in life.