A few years ago, my classmates and I including our families had a reunion in Chicago. It was a beautiful experience for all of us. After we graduated in Nursing in 2004 and passed our boards, most of us went our separate ways and haven’t seen each other for more than 10 years.
We all looked pretty much the same. A few gained some weight, which to some countries can be a considered a sign of good fortune. Others were late bloomers who looked way better than before.Somehow they discovered the fountain of youth.
It was just great to see all our children playing and interacting with each other. We went around the famous tourist’s destination of the awesome Chicago. We visited the Navy Pier and went on a bay cruise, had dinner to one of the most celebrated pizza place in the city, visited the beautiful Mellinneum Park and went up the third tallest skyscraper in the World, the Sears Tower located on the 103rd floor of the building.
1,353 feet above the ground, the view up there was something to be marveled. It took years to finish it against harsh winds and weather. I read that one person fell and died during the construction of the 67th floor. Our respect and admiration for the people who built it. As me and my wife held hands to step on the glass view deck. I felt butterflies circling in my stomach as a stared at the tiny street under my feet. I quickly diverted my gaze at the breathtaking image of the city. I saw clouds drifting across the glass. We were definitely up, way up there.
The best part of the reunion was the feeling of elation and happiness that cranks up the mood and emotion. The hugs, the kisses, the reminiscing of the past and the plans of the future were priceless memories of our 2009 gathering. When it was time to go home, we all felt sad that it has to end. Looking back, I’m grateful that I had the chance to attend and be a part of it. In reality, not all of us can make it to our next reunion.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (judichow.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (fromundermanyhats.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (natsukashii55.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: UP (postadaychallenge2011.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (greenskyoutside.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (smkelly8.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (mkmercurio.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge – UP (allaboutwordswa.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (ilovemandaue.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (snapsbytwinkle.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up in the Air (privatemixture.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up II (gersongalaviz.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up! (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge…UP (nolagirlatheart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: UP! (eof737.wordpress.com)