Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces

In our lifetime, we meet so many faces. Some of them became an important part of our lives, others we forget as time passes by. Today, I share the face of the person who is everything to me. She’s been my constant companion who walked with me through my darkest hour, who gave me comfort when I felt alone, who showed me how to be selfless and give love unconditionally.

A face with a warm smile is all it takes to melt life's heart aches away...

Growing up, I was told of many legends in my town handed down from generation to generations. Some stories where about fate and romance. Of two people drawn to each other despite of living in opposite Worlds. I thought they were just stories made up by someone with great story telling abilities but I came to discover later that such legends do happen in real life. They may not be exactly the same but the similarities are undeniably close.

The Legend Of The Sea Pearls

One of such story is that of a beautiful maiden, daughter of an Island King who was so enchanting that noble men of the other Islands would travel the treacherous seas to see her and hopefully win her heart. Each one would give her the best treasure that their Island had to offer from precious stones, to gold , to even herds of cattle. The maiden at the end of the day felt sad. Her father looking troubled asked her, ” my precious daughter, why are you so sad?” She answered, ” nobody seems to see who I really am. Everyone only sees the superficial part of me. I’m afraid I have no one to give my heart to.”

Just when she was about to give up, an honest man of less nobility walked in. He was holding a rectangular object wrapped in a simple wrapper. The lad in all his humility handed his gift to the maiden. As he gave his offering he said softly, ” I may not have the riches in the World, but I promise to love you until my last breath, to cherish you , dream with you, seek life’s happiness with you, to share endless Sunsets till we are old and gray.”

The maiden was speechless. She opened her gift hurriedly. The present is a portrait painting of herself with a poem at the back. She asked him, ” who made this?” With his head bowed to the ground, he replied, ” I did.”

When she was finished reading the poem, she looked at the man who just spoken the kindest words she has ever heard. Who knew the deepest cry of her heart. She smiled at him sweetly and as she did so, tears of joy came down her eyes. Each of these tears, turned into shiny pearls that people of the past believed were the first origin of the deep sea pearls.

Finally, the maiden asked, ” how did you know the inner most longings and secrets of my soul?” The young man said, ” did you remember a boy you met by the beach so many years ago? The one you poured your thoughts, hopes and dreams? I was that boy. Right then, you had my heart which to this day only beats for you.”

Each of us wakes up each day inspired by the one “face” that make us believe that fairy tales do come true. She is that “face” for me.

Whose face inspires you to wake up each day with a bright hope in your heart? Whose face brings color to your World and let you feel that you can just do anything?

This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, Love, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

121 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces

1. Josette says:

Your story brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing your heart here. This woman has a lovely smile and through it shows that she knows how much you love her.

• Thanks Josette. Sorry if it made you cry. Although sometimes I have moments like that when I had to hold back tears because the post reminded me of someone, especially those I haven’t seen for a long time. I braved up when I made this post, otherwise I won’t be able to finish it if I get emotional during the actual writing. This is my long overdue tribute to my wife. It was meant to be a part of her Birthday gift. Stay blessed my friend. I wish you and your family all the happiness.

2. A beautiful love story…Amazing! I’m happy you have your “One in a Million You”. Your comments to my photo challenge reminded me of Larry Graham’s song and inspired me to post it there. What a blessing when that one in a million person come into our lives to help us along the way unconditionally. I pray you and your wife continue warming the world with those beautiful smiles. Great post. Thanks for sharing your story. Appreciate the pingback, my friend.

• I believe that most of us are destined to meet someone to share our life with. Despite of the billions of people in the World, it only takes a moment, when the stars are all aligned right, when we meet fate’s intended person for you and me. The rest is up to us. Each one of us have our own love story to tell, some lasted a lifetime, others for as long as it was meant to be. Not all fairy tales ends with “happily ever after”, although I wish it does. It was nice to know you and your sister from your last post. Family is a very important thing. They are our support systems in the most trying moments. God bless you and your family. Thank you for the beautiful words…

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces « Changeversations

4. john tugano says:

The smile of that woman whom you adore so much has a semblance to the local actress/Beauty queen here in the Philippines.Charlene Gonzales,yes I said it right..Is that your wife on the photo?

I love the romantic story and I can tell by that you’re a romantic man too..This post of yours made me smile.=)

• Yes it ‘s my wife. You made me smile when you said that it reminded you of Ms. Gonzales. I told my wife about it, she laughed and blushed. Now a see the resemblance of the smile. I usually look at the whole face, then I would say, ” wow, that was one beautiful face!”
      I didn’t consider my self as a romantic guy, not the ” red roses and chocolates” at least.Every now and then I would ask my wife why she chose me, passed the looks and all. She would tell me because I was just simple, and that she valued the sweet little poems and paintings for her. My heart feels like a winner each time. Partly I saw myself in that legend in the post. We can all make our love story magical, all we need is to allow that magic to take over. Bro, Thanks for the wonderful comments. Stay blessed and inspired in all that you do. I can sense you have your own love story to tell…

5. aRVee says:

Another eloquent and great post from the man that is The Island Traveler. Not to mention the beautiful smiles I am looking at while reading. Thanks for sharing :)

6. I liked your reflexion…I think I will have that in mind all day. Cheers!

Oh you old romantic you…. What a beautiful thing to say about the woman who is your wife, I think that she must be the luckiest woman alive to have a husband who will publicly state how he feels. Sush beautiful heartfelt words and a really wonderful story…

Thank you B you told a good tale there ….full marks 10/10 and my love xx

• Josette says:

I agree with MissWhiplash! What a lucky lady. You have a wondeful gift of expressing your feelings.

• Thanks. It’s easy to pour out your feelings when the person you do it for inspires you to do so. We’re not perfect but I would say we both are lucky to have each other. We kind of be each others strength. I’m not normally romantic, or so I thought but that day, It felt right to pay a tribute to the face that loved me for who I am.

• Hi, my friend. I would like to think that I’m the luckiest man around. I have my short comings and she was very patient all this time… she said she love me that much. ha, ha, ha, Seriously, she is a loving woman…and it’s contagious! You’re right though, I’m an old romantic, but that kind of happen as I get older, age has its way in opening our eyes and heart to what really is important in this world. So little time not to live it to its fullest potential, to short not to be surrounded with love and sweet kisses. Have a blessed day my friend. Thank you for being there…

8. ceceliafutch says:

Lovely story. Makes me happy that I have given you the versatile blog award! come to my site to pick it up. congratulations!! :-)

• Thank you. It’s my honor to accept it. The best award I received though is your constant visits and comments to my blog. Just want to let you know how I appreciate them . Stay blessed my friend and have a wonderful day.

A beautiful post. A beautiful love story.

• Angeline, I’m glad you like the post. Sometimes it’s nice to be reminded of how much we love our significant others. This post helped me remember things that I sometimes forget when I get busy with the demands of my work and the world. It helps to remind me what is important in my life. I think love stories help us feel. It makes us explore our human emotions. Thanks.

10. This is awesome! See another smile on face this morning. Lovely photos too btw.

11. Pingback: A Complete About Face « Spirit Lights The Way

12. nrhatch says:

Beautiful post, thoughts, and smiles! Thanks! :D

13. wolke205 says:

What a wonderful post! I have tears in my eyes now :D I truly feel what you have written, 3 years ago I found this special person & I do hope it will last for eternity <3

By the way she has a gorgeous smile, nice pics! Blessings to you and your family :)

• I hope and pray that you and this special person will share a love to last eternity. I wish you both happiness. I believe each of us are entitled to be happy, to be loved and to love back. If we don’t have them, what’s the sense of our existence. It’s love that make us look forward to a better day…sustains us in all circumstances. stay blessed my friend and thanks.

14. semprevento says:

wow…bellissima storia….
    io che sono romantica , mi commuovo…
    un carissimo saluto
    vento

15. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces « Blog Archive « Thirdhandart's Weblog

16. nuvofelt says:

Precious. Thank you for letting us into your life.

• Your welcome. I hope it makes a difference for others out there. The World needs to hear more about love instead of hate, of sharing , instead of greed and materialism, of romance instead of isolation and most of all, of happiness because everyone deserves to be happy. It’s a gift for all. Thanks and have a great day.

17. Maggie L R says:

I truly love your post. Thank you for sharing so much more than just a photo. You inspire me to take these weekly challenges to another level.

• I’m glad you feel inspired. I have a similar experience whenever I read another blog that truly shares their heart. It makes me realize that there are a lot of goodness in people, we just have to express it more. Looking forward to read your posts. Thanks.

18. Patti Kuche says:

Faces of love always tell a truth impossible to hide. Such lovely reflections of each other and here’s to a forever of blessings!

19. thirdhandart says:

Your wife has such a sweet smile. You are very lucky to have found each other. Thank you for sharing such heartfelt emotions.

• I was more than happy to share them. I think we need to know that love still exist out there. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate , or grand one. Even the most simple story becomes a beautiful tale because love inspired it to happen. I will tell her that you complimented her with her smile, she would love to hear that. Best wishes to you my friend.

20. Cheryl says:

Love the legend and if it has come true for you, then you are blessed Mr. B.

• Part of that legend was about us…I just added a few tales I heard growing up. Yes, it did came true for me. Sometimes it makes me wonder what I did right to deserve such a loving person in my life. May be somebody up there likes me and heard my prayers. ha, ha, ha…. but in all honesty, the story made me realize more how blessed I am. Sometimes making a post is almost a reflection that helps me appreciate the events and persons in my life. Thank you.

A beautiful and poignant story. What a gift to have someone to share the good times and stand with you through the challenging times.

22. Wonderful story, beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing!

23. jeanne says:

Absolutely Lovely!!! Incredibly tender! Thoughtful and sincere! It is obvious that you have found your soulmate! You are a blessed man.

Your “nut to crack” style is pretty addicting. That’s probably one the many factors why you are the most adored blogger in the blogosphere – at least in the circle we are in. Another is your ability to touch the innermost part of one’s being. I don’t need to elaborate, IT. You are well aware of what I’m trying to put across there.

Regards to your son and wife and God bless …

• ” Nut to crack.” Hmm, Is that like eating peanuts or melon seeds? I’m happy that you’d been a great friend to this blog and to my journey. I seldom encounter “dad” bloggers with similar stories in life. Thus , I highly appreciate the constant visits. And not because of any addicting peanuts. Ha, ha, ha! I can’t help but go all out on my emotions in words sometimes. There are days when you are so inspired that you wish the world to feel the same way. I know you had a lot of those moments. I read a lot of your posts and you are passionate about life, family , nature, and writing. If I don’t write them, I get a bit restless. You can’t really contain an inspiration for long. Sooner or later, it will get loose like crazy. God bless and best wishes to you and your family. Your son will have a lot of great adventures ahead.

• Sony Fugaban says:

Yeah, nut to crack! Because up to now, you manage not to expose the whole of your face/s. And that’s I think is a very clever since aside from the infecting virus of your thoughts, the “nut” I was talking about is not yet cracked.

I believe and agree that I have lots of those precious moments with my son and wife as I would really feel incomplete without them and I’m actually preparing great adventures for my son. I just introduced him to hiking a couple of weeks ago when three of us went to Legaspi City, Albay just to take a peek at the perfect cone of Mayon Volcano. The experience of seeing your son (and wife) enjoy, after almost two hours of hiking, the view atop the hill adjacent to Mayon just like me puts my soul on cloud nine. I’d be sharing the story soon. Right now, I had to attend to my commitments to the two schools I serve for this semester.

I really really love being a dad albeit the “hardships” attached to it. I work more than ten hours a day and more during MWFs and the only thing that erases my exhaustion is seeing the faces of my son and wife especially when they are still at the sala waiting for me late at night. I had two do part-time jobs to cope with the never-ending expenditures and because I had my wife stopped from working after giving birth as I believe that the children of today needs the first-hand care of parents more than ever — or at least until the formative years.

Regards to your son and wife, Bro. God bless us!

• Bro, It felt like you spoke my thoughts minus the hiking part. It is hard to sustain today’s economic and family lifestyles. I had to do overtime every now and then to give my family a comfortable life. I work 12 hours night shift which can be physically draining. Despite of that, the bills never ends. My only consolation is my wife and son, seeing them happy, to feel their hugs and kisses, to see them laugh and smile. Of course I also love it when my wife cooks something special for me after a hard day at work.
        I’ve never seen Mt. Mayon. I sometimes regret not having to see this places when I had the chance. When I go home for vacation, its just enough to visit family. A bit of Boracay may be but never outside the Panay Islands. Through you, I get a second chance to see these places. Thank you. I know that life is hard but for as long as we can do it, just do the best you can. You have your loving wife and adorable son to inspire and comfort you no matter what. In the U.S., it’s getting difficult too. Everything that we do here, we have to pay. It’s all work, work, work. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is your family.
        Regards to your wife and son too. God bless and guide you in all that you do.

• Sony Fugaban says:

Super vitamin secret? I actually don’t take vitamins actually. I never tasted any of those … I know I sound bragging here. I think I would account my healthy body to the following:
        my addiction to exercise, I take one glass of fresh milk before going to bed, pork is no longer part of my diet for almost three years now since I separated from my parents, I make sure I have fruits in every meal or whenever I can, I walk and move a LOT like crazy that’s why my body is already accustomed to motion, etc.

Here’s the link of my article that tells how I love in being motion:

• Okay, Bro, I read your secret from your post…it’s exercise and living a healthy lifestyle. I’m obviously in violation of all of those. I going to make a commitment to be healthier and exercise more. No more excuses. I admire the fact that despite of your busy schedule, you are persistent to live a healthy life, and you’re also trying to make a difference with your environment. That simply puts you on the “amazing” people list- my list. What you do takes discipline and we can all learn from you. God bless you and your family.

• Sony Fugaban says:

Super vitamin secret? I actually don’t take vitamins. I never tasted any of those … I know I sound bragging here. Nonetheless, I would account my healthy body :-) to the following:

Here’s the link of my article that tells how I love in being motion:

• Sony Fugaban says:

I mean, “managed’ NOT manage.

• That’s cool with me. I made a lot of grammar errors myself, particularly when I make comments early in the morning. That’s right, I’m like the Vamps, I’m awake at night and sleeps during the day. Seriously, I prefer to work nights and the extra differential pay helps a lot. Have a great day my friend.

• Sony Fugaban says:

Yeah, nut to crack! Because up to now, you managed not to expose the whole of your face/s. And that’s I think is very clever since aside from the infecting virus of your thoughts, the “nut” I was talking about is not yet cracked.

Regards to your son and wife, Bro. God bless us!

25. Jenny says:

You have written another wonderful and touching story. Your love shows greatly in your writing.

I wake up every morning to see the faces of all the males in my house. They motivate and inspire me to be the best that I can be every day!

Thank you for sharing.

• Hi, Jenny. Yep, you are surrounded by a lot of love of 3 boys and 1 man. Your weekly post is full of adventures, of great times with kids, of life in the farm, Of cool Arts and craft / DIY projects, of gardening and cooking. It feels great and enjoyable to witness how your days went with the family. belated 41st Birthday. The 40’s is the new 30’s, only better. I turned 40 this year and I never embraced life with more vigor and optimism until I hit the magic mark. Each day is a day to celebrate. No time to waste, just all fun and possibilities ahead. Thank you and wishing your family all the blessings.

26. jakesprinter says:

Nice blog you have and pictures too :)

27. pix & kardz says:

a wonderful post – in image and story.
    blessings to you and your wife!

28. The painting is beautiful. I love the colors and how stunning it looks. I can definitely see how it inspires you. Wonderful post

• My friend asked me the other day, ” can you copy a painting for me,” I said I’ll try. For me, I really need to be inspired to paint something like that. I made the painting in 2002. We were just GF/BF then. I was also working in a beautiful Island that simply inspired me more. I made a few more of these, usually a tribute to the women in my life ( mom, sisters, future wife). It’s been awhile since I touched the pain brush, may be it’s time to pick them up. Thanks for the appreciative comments. Have a great day.

29. ElizOF says:

This is absolutely beautiful and romantic and sweet and inspiring and …. every other word that won’t come to mind. :-) I love this post and the fact that you showed us just enough of her face… Blessings to you and your loved one my friend. The story was perfect too. :-)

• Thanks,Liz, that means a lot coming from a person I admire in the blogging world. I told her that I’m just going to show just a piece of her sweet and beautiful smile. Nothing more. She loved the effects of the photos, and the story we will always read again and again through the passing of years. All the sweet blessings to you and your love ones.

It’s really meaningful post.The faces reflect our soul and our soul reflect the faces.This is true.
    If we can live peaceful, our face will become smiling. :smile:

• ” Our face reflect our soul and our soul reflect our faces.” Just a beautiful quote my friend. What we are and feel inside will show on our face, in our eyes. We can say something different to what we feel but our face, like a transparent window won’t be able to hide them. My goal now is to find and live in peace , love and happiness. It seems hard but it’s not. First step is to let go of any material attachments and instead focus our time and talents to our families. To value quality time with them, making new and lasting memories with them. I could see that you are doing a similar walk in life. Your posts reflects your love for your family and your wish to fill their lives with love and adventures. Your spouse and kids are lucky to have you. Wishing you and your family all the blessings.

31. Beautiful smiles. Your son is so fortunate to live opposite the loving and joyful reflections of your photographs.

• Thanks Georgette. Honestly, my son has the best smile among the three of us. and his laugh, just beautiful. When I look at the pictures, I feel fortunate to have experienced them with my family. Before he slept tonight, I asked him, ” do you love mom and dad?” He said , ” very much.” I told him back, ” love you very much too.” I closed my eyes and held him for awhile before he slept. I know that kids grow so fast, I just want to enjoy this tender moment for as long as I can. stay blessed my friend. Regards to your family.

32. Exceptional write with outstanding photos
    of someone very dear to your heart.
    Just lovely,
    Isadora

33. jhirzel88 says:

In the first paragraph of your story, “The Legend Of The Sea Pearls”, you mentioned being on an island meeting the maiden of your island dream. That made me think of you as “The Island Traveler” even more than before. That story should be part of your bio, possibly.

I’ve always put thought on a girl that I used to go to prom with. I can always remember her face. She doesn’t want to talk to me anymore though, she’s gotton older and more mature. Lots of people go through that, as her dad told me on the last phone call I made, but I couldn’t have had a better friend. I wasn’t a boyfriend to her but I liked her very much to be my girlfriend.

• My friend, someday you’ll find the girl that will love you for who you are. What matters in your experience is that you were able to love. It hurts sometimes when it’s not mutual. I had maybe one or two of those but finally, destiny called me to the right direction. The rest is part of the legend, that is of the “Island Traveler.” Honestly , I was surprised to make such a story, It started with a thought and it just kept building a story on its own. Best part is, Most of it happened, I only just added a few legend stories I heard growing up. This post will always be special and meaningful for me. As they say it, ” it’s my own love story.” I won’t probably make one for a long time. I’m happy of the outcome. I can always read them back. Stay blessed. Best wishes to your family.

34. Judith says:

Great post. Thanks for sharing the legend and thanks for the question you raised. My late husband is/was that person his face still brings color to my world and lets me feel I can do anything?

• Thanks for sharing your story. Sometimes it’s not easy to say stories like this and I appreciate you for sharing. I can’t imagine waking up with another face other than my wife. I’m sad to hear when you wrote, ” late husband.” But even if he’s no longer here, you made him smile, where ever he may be by saying, ” his face brings color to your world.” Just beautiful Judith. I pray that life will bring you all the love and happiness.

35. Mezza says:

That was such a lovely story to go with those smiles! Thank you for that!

36. 2e0mca says:

Beautifully told :-) I love the way you’ve cropped the photos too!

37. Beautiful story! Simply Splendid! Loved the way you expressed♥

38. Okay I am comment 79—-WOW—-what a nice photo of your wife. Your true Love. My hearts desire is to truly love who I am, and I am still trying to figure that out. With my face condition of cystic acne and not wanting to go in public – really is a disability. I love to live on line. I am grateful for the man who loves me now and he supports me – I love your message and yes faces do make a nice photo challenge for all of us.

• “My hearts desire is to truly love who I am.” I have part of me which I think are flaws too. I’m learning to accept those that I can no longer change and worker harder for those that I can. I’m happy to hear that you found the man who loves you, and supports you in your dreams. Love is a basic and important need. It’s love that help us go by every single day. I pray that one day, you’ll be able overcome what you consider a disability, but I would like you to know that you are a beautiful person, and the best measure of beauty is what’s in a person’s heart and inner most intentions. Real beauty is from from within. stay blessed my friend .

39. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces | jeanne's blog…a nola girl at heart

40. Niki Fulton says:

That is such a wonderful story with exactly the right philosophy. I’m going to get my kids to read this post as soon as they get home from school. Reading this post has been a fantastic way to start my day, thank you.

• Thanks Niki. Your words started my day too. Comments like this makes me powered up. Kind of what coffee does at the start of my day. I’m a night person , so my day just started. I appreciate the thoughtfulness and it’s just so sweet of you to share this post with your daughter. I too let my wife read or my son look at the pictures of posts that I really like and brings about inspiration and love for family. I wish you and your family all the blessings.

41. Iñigo says:

Lovely! Thanks for sharing this story!

42. Barbara Rodgers says:

What a thoughtful, touching and tender tribute to your beloved wife. After thirty-six years, my husband is still the light of my life…

• Now that is one inspring love story…36 years of love and togetherness. That is one priceless gift to wake up each day, and still look at each other with love and passion. ” Still the light of my life,” just something I wish to say now or 36 years from today. I wish you both a life always filled with happiness.

43. A lovely post. To have that special love is a gift but, to live with that sense of gratitude is a blessing. Thanks for sharing.

44. Great post as always! I love this beautiful tribute and because of it I have awarded you with the Liebster Blog Award! Get the details here:

• Thank you my friend. I’m honored coming from a person who is multi-talented and had traveled the world. I really need to finish all the posts that I need to make as part of the award’s recipient. Stay bless and be safe in your travels.

45. What a beautiful post and your wife has a beautiful smile. My husband is my pillar and my inspiration. I remember when a friend told him that I was lucky to have him, but instead he told her that he was lucky to have me. I was really touched and my friend was also right, I was indeed lucky to have him. I’ve experienced turbulent relationships and because of that I almost gave up the hope of ever finding true love until I met him. He changed me into a better person.

• I’m happy for you. Everyone is entitled to be happy , to love and be loved. When you compliment each other, make each other grow, support each other when times get rough, when you see a forever in the eyes of the other, then love has found you or anyone of us for that matter. Stay cool and thanks.

46. thedailydish says:

I feel the very same way about my husband. True love is the most powerful thing in the world.

Thanks for another wonderfully touching post, IT. Your blog is the best!

• Sometimes I feel like a sponge, I kind of absorb all the best in what I read from posts like yours, then turn it as an inspiration and motivation for me. It feels to good be called ” the Best,” but I believe all of us are “best” in so many ways. For that I share the honor with you and the rest of my blog buddies. We are all at our best because we have each other to inspire , encourage and motivate each other. Best wishes to you and your family. Thanks for all the support.

47. This is just one beautiful tribute! If it were possible to “see” into a person’s heart through their smile then you two sure have beautiful hearts! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. As a matter of fact, I usually drop by several times to read your posts. I may only make one comment per post, but I enjoy reading your posts even more! Anyway, thanks so much for sharing your touching tribute. I too am lucky to have found my soul mate. Many blessings to you and your family. :)

• Hey IT, no reply for my comment??? Ha! Ha! That’s a first. Honestly, I’m not expecting it. I just wanted to make sure that you read it. Have a wonderful week! :)

• I don’t know what happened to me this week. Seems like I’m off my game. Even my weekly photo challenge I haven’t done yet. It’s just been busy for me. But I’m thankful and appreciative for each words that you share. God bless you my friend. You are one of the “friendship faces” I consider special in my daily blogger life.

• You could never be off your game IT! As always, many blessings to you and your family. :)

48. A lovely, eloquent post. I love the idea of taking pictures of a smile. You truly have a passion for love, which is very inspiring!

• Thank you for both the visit and the beautiful comment. A smile can brighten a day, open doors of love and friendship, heal a wounded soul. It can refresh our otherwise tired bodies after a long day at work. As they say, ” smile and the world smiles with you. Have a great day.

49. Gloverlee says:

What a wonderful post to end the week and begin the weekend!!! It’s amazing how easy it is to take for granted the “faces” that love, encourage and support us! I think I’ll go give my 4 faces kisses right now!! Thanks for sharing a wonderful story and a more wonderful tribute to your wife. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

50. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: FACES… | Mirth and Motivation

51. knot2share says:

WOW! to your post or all the comments??……They are all beautiful. Such a wonderful story behind the two smiles on the photo.

• Now you are part of those beautiful, timeless comments. For me, I really appreciate those who find the time to drop by and write something. So, I always try to do the same…it makes everything more personal, just like real friends in the real world. Stay blessed and have a great, fun weekend.

• Thank you, life though has its trials sometimes but overall it is a beautiful journey, and what makes it all worthwhile are the love ones that supports us no matter what. The sweetness of our smiles only reflects what the heart feels. Have a blessed day my friend , I hope to follow your blog’s path as well.

52. I love this post. I love how it shows your love for your wife. It is beautiful. A piece of marriage advice I received before I married was to recommit to each other everyday. Sounds like you do that well.

• Thank you for the invaluable advise, ” reconnect with each other everyday.” There was a time when both me and my wife got caught up with the crazy whirlwind hustle and bustle of the World. Too much responsibilities and pressures that we felt suffocated. We told each other, ” this is not the life we dreamed to have.” Then came this Summer. We had so much reflections on what really makes us happy, and the answer was ” love of family.” We are both willing to let go of any material trimmings, including our ridiculously priced house so we can breathe again, to smile and to just hold each without pressures as we gaze at the beautiful horizon ahead. Sometimes we forget why we got married in the first place. We got married because we love each other and that’s all you truly need to face the the many sunrise ahead till we are old and gray. Thank you for sharing your wonderful thoughts. Have a blessed day my friend.

53. wordsfallfrommyeyes says:

Island Traveller, all of these photos are beautiful, emanating such wonderful energy – and they’re all just half faces! Eyes & smile – both are the important two halves of faces :). Your stuff is just fantastic. I loved the story in the middle, it was lovely. Thank you for dropping by recently, I really appreciate it – you are very encouraging to me.

• I’m glad you like it. It was one hard post to make, a lot of emotions got digged up. But now I’m glad that I did. It felt like I set myself free and did something to make people be aware of cases like this. Sometimes we think we know certain people but we don’t until their true colors surface. But we can’t close our doors to new friendship just because of one person. Have a wonderful Weekday. Hug baby Daniel for us God bless you too.

54. Thank you for the reblog. You made me happy today.I’m honored. Best wishes to you and your family. Have a fun weekend.

I reread your story again today. It’s simply magical. All the comments make for great reading too. I like to imagine you as the guy in this legend. A love story like this is very inspiring! Thank you for writing this. And thank you for showing us your beautiful painting. Would be great if you could find some time to do more painting. Have a blessed weekend with your family!

56. You really bring out the happiness in so many people, I think I am the 119th comment to your warm story of smiles…love…romance…those of us are so lucky to know you.

57. Pingback: 2011 Salute to Subscribers Wrap-up | Renovating Rita

• Thank you for the mention in your last post. Just one inspiring act of generosity. 2011 had been a memorable blogging journey because of friends like you. Wishing you a fruitful year full of blessings.