Weekly Photo Challenge: Fall

Who’s Going To Catch Me If I Fall?

” Catch me dad, catch me,” shouted my son while he jumped from a rectangular stone falling into a shallow, bubbling water in one of the neighborhood’s water park. He was so happy, all smiling and laughing as he landed in the water with a big splash. As he was about to jump for the fifth time he looked at me with a huge smile and said, ” this is so much fun!”

There are falls that results into bruises, cuts and fractures. These are the ones that made you yell, “ouch,” and requires first aid or emergency attention. Some of which may have prompted you to call 911. One day, my son was screaming and crying. I ran hurriedly down the stairs. I tried to ask him as calmly as I could, ” what happened?” He replied with his voice trembling, ” I have a big cut on my foot.” I told him, “okay, let me take a look.” He had a little abrasion on the sole of his foot. I looked at his scared face and said, ” it’s alright, I’ll fix it and then it won’t hurt anymore.” So, I cleaned his abrasion, placed some antibacterial ointment with analgesic on it and covered it with a band-aid. I carried him back to the living room. He hugged me and said, ” thanks dad.” Before I knew it he was running around. I told myself, ” he’s back in the game!”

There are falls that made us think that whoever caught us is our own version of a Superhero. When I was around 12 years old, I had a severe attack of my asthma. It was so bad that I developed hypoxia and passed out. For some unexplainable reason, my dad who was about 2 feet shorter than I am, braced me from my fall, lifted me up and carried me to the car. It must had been his adrenaline. After the incident I told myself, ” man, my dad has super powers.” In my eyes , he had the strength, the heart and the bravery of any superhero. Best of all, he is my dad.

We all have fallen at one point in our lives. Sometimes we fell flat on our faces. Other times we landed on our backs, hands or feet. In all these falls, we were able to stand up, heal ourselves and move on. Sometimes we were lucky enough that someone was there to catch us as we fell in fear or simply held our hand as they helped us stand up and make sense of what just happened.

There are times when we are alone and one of our dreaded question is, ” who’s going to catch me when I fall?” Now, I’m no longer referring to just the physical fall. I’m more dwelling into the emotional and psychological fall. How many times our hearts got wounded? How much tears have we shed from a broken heart? How many times our feelings were hurt from all sorts of reason? How many times your soul felt like it’s just falling and falling, not knowing what’s below and when you’re going to touch ground? At one point, in any of these moments we looked around and said, ” who’s going to catch me if I fall?” I sure did and I’m no longer afraid to face such a question. I know that people I love will do it for me in a heart beat and I for them. Love creates a strong and lasting bond that assures you that you’ll never be alone ever again.

As I sadly say goodbye to the happy memories of Summer, I welcome the cozy, festive, thankful spirit of the Fall season. As I look around me, the leaves are starting its Autumn transition. A tinge of gold, red, orange, brown , purple and yellow colors are starting to dominate the once green landscape. Can’t wait to put some pumpkins on our front yard and celebrate trick or treating with my son. I wonder what costume he will wear this Halloween. A zombie? Another superhero? A zombie superhero? What ever he wants, it’s cool by me.

As long as the Season provides a constant change, there is hope in anything and everything. It promises a transformation that can renew a weary soul. Have faith that tomorrow will be better than today.

Who caught you when you fell? What were your thoughts when it happened? What do you look forward during this Fall season. Whatever those answers are, I hope it gives you good memories and a bright future to look forward to. A blessed and happy day to all.

This entry was posted in family, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

100 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Fall

1. Judith says:

And that awful, awful moment when the most important person in your life dies. Then who will catch me if I fall? Fortunately, we usually have family and friends to step into the breach.
    Thanks for this post. Well said and as always, well written.

• I’m sorry to hear that Judith. I hope you’re doing okay. It makes a huge difference to be surrounded by people who love you and will keep you company when loneliness knocks. I can’t imagine how it feels to loose you constant companion. The first time my wife left to visit her family and I was to stay home by myself in a foreign country, I cried. I don’t know what will I do if when that time comes. It’s also my fear for my parents. I saw my grandfather left my grandma and she we knew she kept all the pain to herself . Okay, I had to stop now, this is making my heart ache. My friend, let just talk of the beautiful possibilities and amazing colors of Autumn. If your close by, I’ll offer my hand to catch you. I stop counting the number of people I lifted because of my work. I guess this is my path after all. God bless you always.

• Judith says:

Thank you. I will take that hand although of course, I am many thousands of miles away from you. It is 13 years now since my love died but I have the wonderful memories to keep me company.

• Those memories help keep us smiling each day and they gives us comfort knowing we were loved and that is something no time nor death can ever take. Bless your kind heart. You can always relive the wonderful times you had together in your thoughts, heart and writings. My friend take care of yourself and stay blessed always.

2. Connie T says:

I am always falling. I hate falling when I ride a bike, that really hurts. One time I fell off a little ladder, that hurt too. My brother in law fell off a ladder last year, he was in a coma for about a month. Sometimes falls are bad. I like the season Fall.

• Sorry to hear that. For both of you and your brother. I home he is recovering now. My mom broke her ankle 2 years ago. It healed but then she started getting sick too, her health is falling apart. Right now she is in remission. God knows I pray each day to keep her safe and healthy as well as my dad. This is one reason that I wish to go home soon. They are not getting younger anymore. Money is not everything. What’s the point in having the best comforts in the world when you don’t have your entire family to share it too. Take good care of yourself and may God bless you and your family always.

• I hope your brother is doing okay now. I’m glad you were safe on those falls in the past. Yes, some falls cause physical pain. I had a fall when I was around 8 and I need to be on back rest because my back was hurting for days. I think it’s one reason I have back issues every now and then. Fall is beautiful, it could be fun too. We just have to enjoy each season as much as we can. They are to wonderful to miss. Thank you.

3. pix & kardz says:

some great interpretations of falling. reminds me of a fall i had when i tripped over the cane of a bland person who was a few steps ahead of me on an escalator, and who took a short break to make a wide sweep at the top before proceeding. the escalator continued moving without such a break, however, causing the final sweep of that cane to trip me as i was about to step off it. i was unhurt, however the one with the cane felt terrible and responsible for myfall. for me it was a learning experience that it is good to leave a few steps between yourself and someone with a cane, as this makes it safer for everyone.
    @nbsp;
    so yes, my favourite type of fall is the season. love the last image – it is eye candy.
    thanks also for your visit to my blog!

• pix & kardz says:

oops – i meant ‘blind’ person. feel free to correct my typo and delete this comment. thanks :)

• Thanks for sharing. A lot of the falls in our lives we learn a lot from. It makes us to be more cautious, more careful. They also make us into better persons. Some falls are devastating and I read 1-2 posts that talks about them. It was painful to read them because I can see myself in it. It can happen to any of us or to those we care about. We can only pray that it doesn’t. Some falls creates more bond among families. It is during this times that we know we are truly loved. Have a blessed day.

4. Cheryl says:

Fall is my favourite season of the year, then winter. I tolerate summer – the humidity and heat. And spring, well. I like spring least of the four – it smells like worms, a childhood memory growing up on a farm, 100 acres of mud. As always Mr. B. another touching journal essay!

• Thanks Cheryl. Fall is the best in terms of colors, cool weather, there’s Thanksgiving and Halloween. Summer I enjoy because of the beach and swimming, plus no class for my son which gives us more time to have mini-vacations. Weather wise I hate the insane heat! Spring, colors are great and weather just awesome but my allergies are at its worst. The first month is “nasal congestion torture.” Winter, not much excited for snow but the spirit of Christmas and gift giving makes it a season to remember. Lets all savor the sweetness of this season!

5. IsobelandCat says:

I like the last picture in particular. The colour of the leaves is so vivid.

• I was walking one day and I saw it on my path. I kept looking at it, then I thought I might as well take its picture. Now I know what’s it for. It was a part of the Fall season that fell to the ground like the rest of the leaves when Winter comes. All things, all life forms has a purpose. Makes me appreciate life and its events more. Thanks for the visit and comment.

6. What joy to jump into a pool of water clothes and all. And how fortunate your son is that his parent doesn’t chase him with the admonishment “Now, don’t get wet!” Wonderful post!

• It was after school. My wife went at the nearby store while me and him were eating a cinnamon bun. Then I saw him that he really wanted to play in the water and since he had extra dry clothes in the car, I told to go ahead and have fun. He was so happy…and more hungry afterwards. We should not let life’s joy pass us by, I know that now so I try to grab the moment when I can. Thanks for the comment my friend.

I also have asthma since 25 years ago.It is like old buddies.
    Anyway fall is fruitful season and preparation for sever winter.
    We eat much food and stock our energy. :smile:

• So right. It’s a season to be thankful for heaven’s blessings in our lives. It’s a time to celebrate the good bounties that came our way especially the love and support of our families. thanks.

Who caught me when I fell? My loving wife. I don’t have some serious moment back in the days but when I got married. I felt I was the luckiest when my wife chose to stay after seeing the worst in me. It’s there that I knew how blessed I am to have her. I’ve been falling yet I can always get up because of the girl by my side — since we’re together (college years, 2001). Had I known that life would be this beautiful with someone by your side, I would have been married earlier. Seriously! That’s the best decision I’ve made so far because falling has long been erased from my vocabulary. With my wife by my side, falling is sweet as I know she help me get up. My apologies for failing to give the details.

• That is one beautiful story. Just like you, I should have married my wife earlier and have my boy earlier too. They made me believe that I can do anything. Because of them, my life and what I do makes sense. I have fallen so many times and she helped me stand up and go on, I do the same for her. That’s what marriage is all about, being there for each other particularly during our worst moments. My friend, God bless you and your family. Thanks for such a heartfelt comment.

9. I always enjoy the brief story attacjed to your photo’s. Your photos are terriffic. Wish I could jump and fall like that but my bones may not like it … youth – so wonderful.
    Isadora

my entry:

10. thirdhandart says:

I don’t know how you go to work everyday in an ER environment and maintain such a positive outlook on life. Please don’t ever become jaded. Your posts are so affirmative and uplifting. Thank you for the hope and inspiration. And, thank you for the pingback. :-)

• Honestly, it’s working in the E.R. that makes me appreciate life. Some patients are so young to be sick. Makes you value the very life, health and time that you have. And spending quality time with my family helps also to forget the stress of work. And to be able to share about them almost feel like a theraphy. There’s a healing power in sharing and listening. Thank you for the kind and appreciative words.

11. thedailydish says:

Your posts always take my breath away. Yesterday I celebrated my 12th wedding anniversary. Falling in love is exactly that – another type of fall. One where you give yourself over completely to another person and trust that they will be there for you in the same way. I am so blessed to have found a man who loves me inside and out, and your beautiful post is yet another reminder of the strength of love. There is nothing to fear in falling when you know you will be caught.

• “The strength of love.” ” There is nothing to fear in falling when you know you will be caught.” These very words are what keeps all of us go through the most trying moments of our lives. To know that someone will catch your fall is the most assuring thing of all. Thanks for sharing those beautiful thoughts. Happy 12th wedding anniversary. I wish you and your family all love, peace and happiness….

12. suitablefish says:

beautiful post. always inspired by your heart-warming stories and positive view on life. lovely.

13. nrhatch says:

Wonderful post and pics! :D

Here’s to FREE Falling . . . with someone always ready to catch us.

14. Pingback: Weekly Photo Theme ~ Fall « Spirit Lights The Way

Love your post. Yes, goodbye to summer and those happy memories. Now it’s time to make some new memories of pumpkins and zombies :)

16. sheila4hastenhome says:

I really like your take on the subject of “fall”. The One who has always been there to catch me is God. Human arms may fail me–though He has sent many lovely people my way–but the arms of the Almighty are my refuge and my fortress, for sure. :)

• ” The One who has always been there to catch me is God. the arms of the Almighty are my refuge and my fortress.” So very true. It’s him who gave me and my wife the strength during the times we felt betrayed by someone we trusted, he helped us overcome the pain , to forgive and to move on. When things become so unbearable, he will always be there to catch and comfort us- without fail! thanks for an inspiring comment.

17. Louise says:

Hi! I love the relationship that you have with your son. It is so special. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
    Louise

• He’s my pride and joy. It’s so funny cause my friends now would say that he looks and walks like me. I guess our kids mirror us but I do believe they are unique on their own . They have their own cute little personalities. During and after our Summer adventures together, we just bonded like glue. Thank you for sharing.

18. ElizOF says:

Beautiful that you tied in faith and fall… It was grace that got your dad to catch you that day and you do same for your adorable son. I always say Lord watch over me so if I fall or fail you will carry me… It is sad too because there are people who are alone and don’t';have family round… My prayer goes out to them too… Grace catches us when we fall… Loved this post. :-)

• “I always say Lord watch over me so if I fall or fail you will carry me…” This is something that I could use everyday. During the times when I thougth the trials are just to many and to hard, I will remember these words. Thank you my friend and you’re right, ” grace catches us when we fall.” This is one of the most beautiful comments I ever had. You are always true to your Blog’s promise of inspiration. Stay blessed always.

19. midaevalmaiden says:

I see humor in some of the things we do. As your son did, thinking his wound was a most terrible debilitating ailmaint, when in fact it was just a scrape. Being surrounded by the heros who love us is a double blessing because it lets us see that all our troubles are not nessisarily as bad as we think they are. A little love is the best cure for a hearts wound.

• I kept reading this again and again, “being surrounded by the heros who love us is a double blessing because it lets us see that all our troubles are not nessisarily as bad as we think they are. A little love is the best cure for a hearts wound.” Those words are so true in every way. Love heals our brokeness. It gives us hope. It makes us face the future despite of the odds ahead. It gives us comfort knowing at the end of the day, we will be around the people who we love and love us back. thank so much for sharing those lovely thoughts.

20. jeanne says:

There was a time before my thryoid disease was diagnosed, that I fell all of the time. My condition was in an advanced state and my muscles had begun to deteriorate. I would be walking along and the next thing I knew I would be on the ground. The feeling of having zero control was unsettling and confusing. It also hurt. Not just physically but it was incredibly embarrasing. Most of the time I just had to pick myself up and keep going. All is well now, no more falling down, just falling for fall!

• First, thank you for sharing your battle with hypothyroidism. It is a crippling disease if left untreated. I’m happy to know that you’re doing better now. I used to be so sickly due to my asthma and my parents had to stop me from my schooling for 2 years. First two weeks of my class in grade 3, I was in the hospital for 2 weeks. I’m so thankful my son did not inherit the disease. My heart will break if I see him suffer the way I did. As for Fall, I’m excited for the preparation for Trick or Treating and Pumpkin decorations. Have a wonderful Autumn my friend…update us on your post. Stay blessed always.

21. jhirzel88 says:

I have fallen off my bike a couple of times in the past 2 years. The first time it happened, I fell on my knee and I had a lump for about a day. I made sure I kept an ice pack for that. The second time it happened, I fell on my chin and part of my beard was peeled off. About 5 or 6 years ago I did in fact fall off a roof and my dad caught me right there. He cared for my safety and he had a reason too. He told me how nervous he was when he saw me cleaning up the roof.

This whole falling thing reminds me of a lot of things, especially if you think of falling to get in the air a little bit. However, actually being there and falling doesn’t remind me of anything. It’s just plain scary.

• There’s a part in your comment that says,” I did in fact fall off a roof and my dad caught me right there. He cared for my safety and he had a reason too.” This shows that your dad loves you, cares for you.As a father , it is my instinct to protect my son, to catch him from anything, same as what my dad did for me through the years when I fell from all sorts of reason. This experiences helps us value and appreciate how our family love us and how far they are going to walk an extra mile for us. Thank you for sharing your story. I appreciate them a lot. Stay blessed and regards to your family.

22. My mother was always there when I fell and never judged me when I fell. The whole point is to learn to get back up and I definitely learned that from her. This was such a touching and moving post. Love it

• A mother’s love is timeless. No matter what we do, if we fall, make wrong decisions, she will always be there to nurture as back to health, accept us despite of everything and help us get back on our feet. My mom is the same, she will give up everything for me and my siblings, and I see that same trait on my wife towards our son. It is just one touching and beautiful experience for us all. Our mothers reminds me that God is good and he provided us with one of the most precious gift of all, our beloved mothers. Thank you for sharing you sweet moment with your mother. Wishing you the best.

23. MOL says:

Resilience is a great gift to have. It comes with a grounded optimism– one that sees adversary but does not say, “Don’t worry. Everything will be just fine.” grounded optimism sees adversity and says, “it’s going to be difficult but we will deal with it!”

It’s great when we have our loved ones to help us when we fall. But often times, there’s no one there but us. We get to face the challenge alone. That’s when faith in ourselves, remembering who are counting on us, knowing what’s right, fair, and ethical will guide us.

Give your son a hug for us!

• “our greatest triumph is NOT in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.” So very true. Your right in saying that often times there is no one there but us to face the challenge at hand . Our love ones and the people who rely on us becomes our number motivation to go on, to do better, to overcome the obstacle. And it helps a lot when we have our faith in a higher power to helps us go through life’es ever changing trials. I can totally relate to what you have said , me and my wife had and still has our share of battles and sometimes we feel that we are all alone on it but somehow, we gain strength on each other, on our religious faith, on our son’s unwavering trust in what we can do. Mol, thank you for a sharing a comment that is full of faith and love. I will give my son a hug from you, he would like that. God bless you and your family.

24. wordsfallfrommyeyes says:

I love the way you punctuate your story with pictures. I’m not sure how to do that, but it certainly enhances the blog – and your pictures are so clear. It’s just lovely to read of other parents and their kids, the joys possible. Sounds like fun regardless of the falls!

• Thanks for the appreciative comments, this comments just like the one’s from the other blogger friends inspires me and motivates me to be better. I try as much to capture these moments with my son and my wife. Sometimes we are only given one chance to experience them. And I don’t want to loose that chance. Life’s too short, and I just wish I can do more. Stay blessed my friend, thank you for the Versatile award , I’m honored!

A touching story. Thank you for sharing. Sometimes the emotional falls hurt far more than the physical falls. How wonderful for you to be able to have someone catch you when you fall. I’m sure it’s a very comforting feeling.

• To have somebody to lean on, to comfort you in your lowest moments , to ease the hurts of your shattered heart makes you realize how fortunate we are to be surrounded by family and friends who love and support us is the most difficult circumstances. This makes me realize how blessed I am, and then I feel a tremendous sense of gratitude and humility. Thank you for sharing, just beautiful words. Have a blessed day,

26. Patti Kuche says:

We fall in love, we stumble and fall, leaves fall from trees to spring from new buds and soon it will be time for pumpkins on the porch again but for children, who grow so quickly through the march of the seasons, to have super-heroes behind them all the way is indeed so special. As indeed it is for you and your son. Happy Halloween!

• Happy Autumn season my friend. If there is something I learned about the change of seasons is that we should always remember the good, and the beautiful memories that we had, as for friends and family, we should always treasure those that had been a significant part of a journey particularly during those times that we were just starting, or we were at our most vulnerable . These family and friends stood by us , nurture us, made us into better persons that we are now. Thank you. Wishing you and your family the best.

27. Sabina Brave says:

I like colours of autumn leaves. That’s why I like alot last photo :)

28. aRVee says:

IT, your posts are a true testament of how much proud of a father you are. You always put your son (minus the face, for security reasons, perhaps) on some of your posts including this one. You must have love him so much. Your blog is a true reflection of who you are as a person…

Stay blessed my friend and have a great day! :)

• Hi, aRVee. You are one of my blogger friends that always bring good news and words that make me smile . Yes, I love my son so much, I can’t do a day without him. I think all parents feel the same way. I see the same love that my parents gave to me. In a way I feel blessed to have the chance to love and be loved. God bless you and your family always. Keep living your dream my friend.

• aRVee says:

“You are one of my blogger friends that always bring good news and words that make me smile .” —I’m very honored to hear this one out, glad I have impacted you this way. Thank you for your constant visit to my site and for your constant prayer of well wishes. If you have stay blessed, I have my “Have a great day!” – haha…

God bless you too my friend and as I said and always will (say) – Have a great day! :)

• Thanks aRVee. I like the ” have a great day” message. We all do need to feel great each day. No feeling of blues, just all happiness and postive thinking. Yes, you’re on e of my blogger friends that I look forward to hear from as often as possible. If others have their facebook friends, I have my blogger friends. And they are all just Great- for real!!! God bless you to and your family. Times like this we all we need some bountifull blessings and good cheers. Stay cool always.

• aRVee says:

You’re welcome and you stay cool too. :)

• Thanks my friend. By the way, cool , nostalgic, dreamy photo of Manila bay’s sunset. Made me miss the island of my birth. God bless and all the sunsets you are about to experience in your life.

29. What an interesting topic to write a post about. Especially, I enjoyed how among all the talk of falling, we see pictures of your adorable little boy jumping and jumping, even after the falls. Such a great lesson! How lucky we are for those moments when we can be the superheroes for our children. I’m sure your son will remember the times you’ve carried him, just as you remember when your father carried you. Great post!

• When I see him so happy during those times of play , my heart melts. I think as parents we want our kids to have the best of everything, to make sure they have a great time and have the most wonderful memories. I saw how much he wanted to play in the water, I knew he had an extra clothes in the car, so while waiting for his mom, I told him, ” go have fun!” He jumped in with his uniform and all into the water. He was so excited. Sometimes we have to grab moments like this. Thank you for sharing. I’ve read your posts and you too share a great love and affection for your family. That is just so admirable. All blessings to you and your family.

30. IsobelandCat says:

I agree autumn’s colours are beautiful, but i prefer the new growth of spring, That’s when my spirits rise. The shorter days and promise of cold weather tinge autumn with sadness and grey days.

• True. But I would like to think of the good things of each season. For Autumn, I already requested an off for the Thanksgiving. I’m hoping to make our Autumn Adventures like what we did this Summer . As for winter, I’m looking forward for preparing the Christmas tree with my family and to see the wonderment on my son’s face when he gets his present from Santa. Yes, the shorter days, dark nights, extreme cold weather can be depressing but then comes the red and green twinkling lights, the smell of peppermint hot choco, the love of family …then I simply forget the little inconveniences. Thank you for sharing. Have a great Fall season

31. I read your post at just the right time the other day….thank you. Sometimes, even people you barely know can help you when you fall. Many blessings. Love the photos (as always)

• Thank you my fellow Texan. All blessings to you and your family too. I agree that sometimes people we barely know are willing to help us when we fall. This are the new good Samaritans or the new superheroes of our generation. A lot of them don’t expect anything except may be a sincere ” thank you.” I remember a generous friend I met in California, she was not a relative but one day she asked me, ” when you decide to buy a car, just tell me and I will co-sign for you.” I was only a few months in the country with no credit history. She offered a help that honestly no blood relative even dared to say. Until today I ask myself what made her do what she did. She has a pure heart. She was like my guardian angel. Experiences like this motivates me to extend love and goodness too. Best wishes to you and your family.

32. john tugano says:

I’m so delighted with this post bro,.so engrossed with your son’s story up to the terrible experience of yours together with your Dad as your superhero and to the coming of fall season..I love how you managed the transition of your story.Technically its very nice..

When I was a kid I have experienced a terrible fall too..I fell from the stairs when were playing and it left a mark on my forehead ,even up to now the scar is still visible but this is now a living proof that I have an active and a happy childhood…=)

• Thanks Bro. Sometimes you feel so inspired that words just flow. I was initially just planning to talk about the jump that led to the fall, a kids play where it’s more just for fun but then one thought led to another. The last picture I saw during my walks … it caught my attention. So I took it’s picture on my cellphone’s camera, not knowing it will be the conclusion of this post. Makes me realize not to take things for granted no matter how small it may be. Have a great day my friend.

33. Beautiful essay and gorgeous photos. As usual, you do an outstanding job with writing and photography. : ) Excellent work.

• Thank you Just Ramblin’ Pier. You were one of the first bloggers who inspired me with your beautiful life changing stories and your journey with the adorable friend, Stella. God bless you and your family always.

34. Thanks bro! Scars reminds us sometimes not of pain but of a fun and happy childhood. I also have a scar on my forehead. I wooden stereo fell on my head while trying to climb it. I was too small to remember. But my parents were terrified. I was like my son, too curious. But we do get hurt from our falls every now and then, what matters is we get up each time, learn from it and become better persons in the end. Also we should never loose faith that our God will rescue us in our most trying times and that he will give us all the support that we need through our family and friends. Wishing you and your family a life filled with blessings.

I’m a weak person. When I fall, I hardly could stand up firmly. @ . @

• Hi Ristin. Thanks for the honesty. When we are weak, someone will always be there to make us stronger or vice versa. I used to be sickly too but thank God I overcame those issues with my health. I had too. Sometimes our weakness can be our strength. Have a blessed day my friend. Nice to hear from you again.

36. Dounia says:

This is a beautiful post, I’m really happy I stumbled across your blog. We’re truly blessed and lucky when we have someone to catch us when we fall. Oh, and dad will always be a superhero, no matter what age we are (mom too, but with different powers). Thanks for sharing such beautiful thoughts and sentiments.

• That is one cool comment. Yes, I believe both parents have their unique superpowers. My parents raised 6 kids against all odds at certain points in their lives. That to me is a proof of their super abilities. I’m still learning mine being a father to a 5 year old but I do know that my super strength comes from the love of my son and wife. Thanks for both the visit and the wonderful comment.

• Dounia says:

That’s such a lovely and loving comment about your family. Thanks for sharing such heartfelt and genuine experiences.

• Your welcome and thank you for the wonderful comment. I believe we need to celebrate our family. Years from now, they will read our post and they will know or be reminded how much we love them and how we value their undying love for us. Ain’t life sweet? Sometimes I wake up so grateful of all the love and happiness I was lucky enough to experience that I have to write about them. It’s my way of saying, ” thank you.”

37. Val says:

Lovely post and you’re so right – there is usually someone there for us when we fall, or even when we think we are falling. Thank you.

38. Patricia says:

A true and lovely post. Thank you.
    I like Fall most of all, because of it’s colors. spices and sparkles. And then, of course, there is the occasional unexpected wind-fall in life… :-)

39. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: FALL, #1 « Changeversations

40. This is such a wonderful post of Photo’s of Fall, and the one’s on your path. How ordinary too!! I just love this time of year.

• Thanks Jackie. I love Fall too. I plan to celebrate it with much enthusiasm and festivity like I did for Summer. Life’s too short to miss this magical moments and every Season year after year though similar are not exactly the same. Stay blessed always my friend.

41. hawleywood40 says:

What a wonderful post! It made me think of those who have caught me when I’ve fallen … my parents, Lee, friends so close they sometimes feel more like brothers and sisters, even kind co-workers at times. I hope I’ve broken some of their falls along the way too. I love this change of the season – autumn is such a beautiful time!

• Thanks Hawley. Along our journey in life we did both. People helped us during our fall and we do the same for them. It is one of the most beautiful trait of mankind. We have the capacity to love and care. Yes there is evil and bad people in the world but there are also a lot of good ones. This gives us a reason to hope, to believe and to have faith in people. Stay blessed my friend and enjoy Autumn’s sweet, colorful promises.

42. Wonderful post, I love your take on fall. Your pictures are great!

• Thanks. Sometimes our falls gets easier when we share and talk about them. It also make others feel that they are not alone in those falls. We may be all scattered around the world but our walks, our journeys, the falls we made or about to make are not that different. Remember the kids song, ” It’s A Small World?” I believe the blogging world made it possible. God bless you and your family always. Those new puppies are so cute and adorable.

Half an hours drive up the escarpment we reach Bowral (that is in New South Wales, Australia). It is springtime here now and in Bowral and also in Canberra the tulips are in full bloom. In Bowral as well as in Canberra there are lots of European trees (planted by the settlers). Some of them are quite huge. They look lovely in springtime. I also love to look at them in Autumn (Fall). The leaves take on such beautiful colours! We hope to drive up to Bowral this week and take some pictures there.
    I loved all your pictures as always. It’s good to see your son being so energetic. I agree that we should enjoy life as much as possible. Can’t wait to see your son in his Halloween costume!

• Wonderful comments/sharing. Thank you. I would love to see the photos of Bowral and Canberra during Spring and Autumn. It would be great to see them on your future posts. There’s always something beautiful in nature and I bet these places has their own charms. Wishing you and your family the best.

44. Paula says:

Speaking like an honest and hopeful person. I like this post a lot!
    Can I borrow your brain for a sec Island Man? I can’t seem to find where to grab “I’m part of the post a day 2012″ widget, and how to incorporate it into my blog. I am sorry to bother you, but I am a bit lost ;)
    Thank you.