Weekly Photo Challenge: Possibility

When a child dreams, the possibilities are endless.

Possibilities In A Child’s Mind

When I look at my son, I see a child whose unwavering belief can make any dream come true. He explores each possibility with so much faith, determination and enthusiasm. I think all children do. Their hearts and minds are pure and innocent, untainted by the World’s influence. Everything they create becomes a beautiful work of Art that brings forth inspiration.

A child's creativity has so much possibilities. Each of which brings about a happy, bright and hopeful feeling.

Last Monday, my wife and I helped our son make his “Pumpkin Man.” It started as a blank piece of orange paper that gave a promising canvas of possibilities. We all gave suggestions of what it should looked like and eventually we decided to turn it into a “Pumpkin Clown.” My son proudly held it in his hands the next day as I  walked him to his classroom.

" Look dad, I'm building a city," shouted my son as he excitedly connect the Lego blocks. I answered back, "that is so cool. Great job!"

No Building Too High

To a child, anything is possible. There is no building that they can’t climb. No bridge that they can’t cross.

We were at the Galleria in Houston 2 weeks ago and my son would climb the miniature buildings at the Kid’s playground like he was Spiderman. He would jump swiftly from one bridge to the next like he has wings. In a way, he does because he made it possible.

Magical Possibilities

Remember when you were a child and you somehow believed that fairy tales were real? Remember how your mind would start to create the enchanted world as your mom or dad would read to you a ” Once Upon A Time” story book? Well, my son has a vivid adventurous imagination and long before I could finish a story, he already ventured into his magic kingdom complete with brave knights and towering giant bugs. Every now and then I get lucky and I too get to join his magical world. It sure is a lot of fun being a part of a child’s play. Reminds me how I was as a child and its wonderful possibilities.

Meet the Giant Halloween Spider.

As my son stared at the Pyramids outside our window at the Moody Gardens Hotel, he reminded me that we can travel and explore the World and the magical wonders around us if we believe that we can do so. An exciting and meaningful adventure is a possibility for all of us.

Sunrise And Its Possibilities

With each new sunrise, a promise of a better day follows. As the sun brings forth light to a world that was covered by night’s darkness, a brighter and hopeful spectrum of possibilities shines itself in all of us.

My son has been sick for a week. He’s having on and off  high-grade fever and chills because of a Strep throat infection. It pains me to see him shivering and feeling helpless whenever his fever spikes up. But just as the sunrise brings about positive possibilities, I know in my heart that he will get well soon.

I hope you enjoyed my version of  this week’s photo challenge. I wish it brings you a lot of magical possibilities.

What was that one dream you had as a child that you wished will come true?

This entry was posted in family, kids, Life, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

97 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Possibility

Come off it Mr B..are you trying to tell me that Fairy Stories are not true. You’ll be telling me next that Father Christmas is not real, and that the fairies don’t put the silver coin under my pillow when my teeth fall out

• Thanks Patrecia. I still do believe in some supernatural beings. In my country of origin, we believe in fairies of the mountains and rainforest but when I got older, I kind of forgotten about them. Too busy with work and all. My son reminded that magic still exist. God bless you my friend.

continued….the possibilities are endless.
    I loved this post and I do hope that your dear boy will soon recover

lots of love P

3. You always give the sweetest and beautiful comments. thank you. Have a blessed day my friend. Wishing you days of wonderful and happy possibilities. Take care.

4. ceceliafutch says:

A beautiful post. I’ve missed visiting my blogging friends, and will continue to be away from the blog over the coming weeks, but it is good to stop in occasionally and catch up. I am so glad I did, too. You are an inspiring blogger, and I enjoy stopping in when I can. Blessings to you and your sweet family. (Get well wishes to your son.)

Cecelia

• Same here . I miss my blogger friends as well but sometimes our family and work needs us and we have to take a day or two to focus on them. But there is no day that passes by that I don’t miss communicating with my blogger friends. Wishing you the best my friend.

5. aRVee says:

Sorry to hear about your son, I wish him well my friend. Great post as always. Stay blessed! :)

• He just got well 2 days ago. I’m happy that he’s finally back to school which he really misses a lot. It can be scary sometimes when our love ones are sick. Stay blessed my friend. Take care. Best wishes to your family.

6. This is a wonderdul way to interpret the challenge “Possibility”. I like the story you web through each photo. The innocent world of children is perfect. Their creative way of approaching life’s challenges is always promising. I enjoyed your sons artwork, it is delightful. I hope he continues to mend. It is difficult to watch thme when they are sick and helpless.
    Well done,
    Isadora
    P.S. – there are magical fairies … they are real … YES … there are. ~~~~ : – )

• “The innocent world of children is perfect. Their creative way of approaching life’s challenges is always promising.” I totally agree my friend as well as magical fairies being real. There’s a lot of things that science can’t really explain and I would like to believe that magical beings are there to bring us inspiration in life. To help us dream when things seems overwhelming. Beautiful thoughts my friend. Thank you. Have a blessed day….and take care.

7. I will keep your son in my thoughts that he gets well soon. How lucky he is to have knowledgeable and positive parents to take care of him. It was so hard when the girls were sick because it meant my husband or me had to call in sick from work. Even more stress on our days. I love ALL your photographs. The man made spider balloon is truly awesome and magical.

• Thank you Georgette. I appreciate the kind thoughts and sentiments….always! He’s well now but his doctor had to extend his antibiotics. i’m just glad his back in school and well enough to enjoy his birthday this weekend. God bless you my friend as well as your family.

• auntyuta says:

It’s so good to hear that your son’s well again and back at school. Very best wishes for his birthday this weekend! And lots of fun!

• Thank you auntyuta for the kind and caring thoughts for my son. That means a lot to me. This is one of the things I love and admire about my blogger friends, even if we don’t physically see each other, the encouraging words comes out always sincere and heartfelt. Thank you and God bless you and your family always.

I enjoyed your post.
    Children’s possibilities has no limits and we parents need to help to grow it.:)

• As fathers we believe that our children can do anything , be anything. And with our love , support and prayers, it can all happen for them. Stay blessed my friend. Wishing your family all the joys in life.

I love the pumpkin clown!!!! Absolutely the first time I’ve seen that concept and it is so cool!!!!!
    Your post is a wonderful reminder of the possibilities that are available in children’s minds….I’m afraid to say that a lot of it is drummed out at school sometimes; but I know that your son, with parents like you, will always keep it alive.

• I brought my son to school yesterday and I say his work on the hallway’s art section. I felt so happy for him. It made me and wife smile. Precious moments that makes us appreciate the beauty of being a parent. Thank you for the inspiring comments. Wishing you and your family all the wonderful blessings in life.

10. Maggie L R says:

Wonderful story full of possibilities and hope. We should all be as children when we dream and create, so that we never lose that wide-eyed adventuring spirit where everything is possible.
    I hope you son is feeling better.

• .”We should all be as children when we dream and create, so that we never lose that wide-eyed adventuring spirit where everything is possible.” Well said my friend. I agree with you whole heartedly. When we start seeing things like a child does, we will see life in a positive and happier way. I try to everyday…and it brought me so much joy and excitement. As I said before, life is too short. We don’t know what will happen tomorrow thus we need to live today as meaningful as we can. Thank you and have a wonderful day my friend.

11. Great interpretation, we should all learn to keep our ‘inner-child’ imagination. Made me look back on my own childhood, I had so much fun back then, now I carry on that fun through my two boys. Whenever we go somewhere we always manage to turn it into an adventure!!

• “Now I carry on that fun through my two boys. Whenever we go somewhere we always manage to turn it into an adventure!!” I like the way you perceive things as a father. Giving your sons a World filled with fun and adventure is something that they would value and remember as they get older. This is the time to enjoy their company as little kids. When I look at my son’s eyes, I see a child who believes in me more than I could believe with myself. Best wishes to your family. Thanks.

Another nice post! …yes…so much possibility in young children. It can be refreshing to hear their dreams.

13. Beautiful as always! I wish all fathers could see the possiblities in their children. Your son is blessed with an amazing (and talented) father.

• I try to be. My dad so is my father-law are my role models. if I can only do half of what they did and accomplish for their families, I will be one happy man. Thanks for the inspiring comment. Now I’m more motivated…. Wishing you the best in life.

14. Caroline says:

I completely agree with you. Children have endless possibilities and it’s amazing all the dreams they have. Great photos with heart!

• Thanks for the wonderful thoughts in your comment. Children are truly amazing. The way they think, dream, hope and believe, just inspiring! As adults, we all can learn from them in terms of how we should face each day. Have a great day and thank you.

15. Louise says:

I love stories about your son. I love your optimism.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
    Louise

16. Pingback: Wordpress Weekly Photochallenge – Possibility | I Choose Happy Now

Wishing your son a very speedy recovery! I’m sure he’s looking forward to the fun of Halloween and some more great pictures are going to come out of it. You remember how you were as a child and therefore can relate to what is in your son’s mind. I think this is very precious!
    Thanks for sharing all those emotions about childhood. This is a very beautiful blog again.

• Thanks my friend. It’s his 6th Birthday this weekend. He is all excited and so are we. We’re giving him a party at a kid’s arcade and he can’t wait to see his friends…and of course the toy gifts. He gives me and my wife happiness which we are always grateful for. He’s our little angel. Wishing you and your family all the sweet blessings in life.

18. Patti Kuche says:

Poor baby, I do hope he is feeling back to form very soon. All best wishes to you and your family as you explore the wonder of so many possibilities together!

• Thank my friend. Thank God he is better now. This is the longest time he ever been sick and me and my wife got so worried. I’m just glad he’s back to school and that he can enjoy his birthday this weekend. Because of him, we felt that we can face any possibilities. Have a wonderful day filled with hope and happiness.

19. Beautiful words and beautiful photos as well. As usual. : ) You have an amazing post on this week’s challenge. Hope your son feels better soon. Strep is tough.

• Thank you. This is his second strep but this time it took 8 days for his fever to go away. It scared both me and my wife . Thank God he’s better now. Thanks again for the caring words. Have a blessed day my friend. Give Stella a hug for me…..

20. thedailydish says:

Hope your son gets well very soon! It’s the worst, seeing your child ill and not being able to make it better..

As a child, I dreamed of traveling. Fortunately I was able to do much of that while younger. Now meniere’s disease has put an end to travel. But thanks to blogging, a world of friendship has opened to me. I can connect with people all over the world, and that to me is limitless possibility. :)

• “Thanks to blogging, a world of friendship has opened to me. I can connect with people all over the world, and that to me is limitless possibility. ” I share the same thoughts my friend. I never thought people that you haven’t even meet can be so supportive, caring and thoughtful just like you and my other blogger friends. It’s just amazing and inspiring at the same time. Wishing you and your family all the happiness in life. Thanks for being a wonderful friend.

21. thirdhandart says:

I hope your son is completely well very soon. Since you’re a nurse, I’m sure that your son is receiving excellent medical care. But, don’t forget to read lots of magical story books to him while he’s recovering.
    The “Pumpkin Man” is very inspiring art. Thank you for the creative inspiration.
    I didn’t have any dreams as a child, but I hope that ALL of your little boy’s dreams come true.

• Sometimes it is different when it’s you’re flesh and blood but it does help to have medical knowledge. It’s so funny because one morning after work, while my wife was feeding him with soup, I was trying to bring down his fever by using an iced shaped fish. I was so tired and anxious at the same time that the iced fish fell into the soup. My wife gave me this ” duh” look. I too get scared but I try not to show it. We dads I think try to be tough for our family. Have a blessed day my friend and God bless you and your family always. Thank you.

• thirdhandart says:

The fish shaped ice probably helped to cool down the soup a little. So glad to hear that your son is better. :-)

• That is funny…Thank you for the well wishes and thoughts of a speedy recovery for my son. I’m just glad he got well on time to enjoy his 6th Birthday. Have a blessed day my friend. Keep inspiring us with your beautiful photos…..

22. Connie T says:

I like the first picture. When my son builds with his Lego block, the possibilities of building something are endless. One day he built the words black in black blocks and white in white blocks.

• That is so cool Connie. Your son have a vast and creative imagination. It always feel great to see our children build something…they never fail to surprise us. Have a fun and happy weekend my friend.

Your son will get well soon. It is only temporary, your love to him will help him get rid of the sickness faster.

• Thanks Ristin. I too believe that he get well and he did. He’s back to school for 3 days now. He loves every moment of it. It’s his Birthday this weekend too and it’s cute how he would do his daily countdown. Have a great weekend my friend and thanks.

24. ElizOF says:

I love your choices of possibilities… Yes, children do remind us that we have many options to choose from and the possibilities are endless. I love that childlike curiosity that keeps their minds fresh… love your photos too. :-)

• Thanks Liz. You’re right, the kids childlike curiosity keeps their mind fresh and always optimistic. As much as I teach my son certain things, he too teaches me things that I used to know as a child . Makes me feel grateful of what I have….everyday! God bless you and your family my friend.

25. I thought parenting would be about giving things up; I didn’t see how much it would be about getting other, more wondrous things back a hundredfold. I love seeing the world through my son’s eyes! (A cloud, for example, is a “flying white sandbox.” ♥)

When I was younger, I wanted to be a superhero. That didn’t come true, but I do get to be a superhero in my son’s eyes. That’s much more of a blessing than fulfilling my earlier dream would have been!

• I wanted to be a superhero too as a kid….in a way we do have superpowers like a kind heart, an artistic hands, the ability to touch somebody and make a change with our words . And yes, just like you, I feel like a superhero in my son eyes. Sometimes he would tell me, ” jump dad,” or ” fly dad.” Just adorable . In a way, our children’s belief in us helps us do just about anything. Wishing you and you son all the blessings and happiness in life. Thanks…..

26. Gloverlee says:

There are no greater possibilities than those we find our childrens’ eyes!! I love the dreamy, surreal feel of your photographs. And I love that you take time to enjoy all of life’s possibilities with your son!

• After a lot of family and friends who got sick or died and what I see in the news, the more I am convince that I should not let life pass me by. We need to enjoy and celebrate what we have today with our families. We deserve to be happy now and not later. It doesn’t have to be about having money or having expensive things but rather on valuing time and giving time and attention with our love ones. Thanks for sharing and wishing you and your family the best.

27. Very nice, the world is a glorious place through the eyes of a child!

28. jhirzel88 says:

Your son is quite adventurous. I used to play “Kings and Queens” when I was around 7 years old. I started to get creative. I made Ganandorf and Pikachu the main characters. They each had a weakness. I won as Pikachu. I was given access to the royal room, and the king and queen would thank me there. I didn’t leap over anything. I am afraid of heights.

What is my dream that I wish could come true? Well…I had a lot of Pokemon dreams when I was younger. I would sometimes wish Pokemon were real.

• You and my son have one thing in common, you both like Pokemons. My son would watch Pokemon DVD’s for hours and never get tire of it. Sometimes I would watch it with him and it’s really entertaining. I’m not familiar with the “kings and queens” game but I’ll check it out. Recently my son discovered bayblade spin top and he loves it. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend my friend.

29. Cheryl says:

Thanks for the beautiful reminder, Mr. B., of the wonderful world of a child’s imagination. My sons have sons who are already dating so I’m in between them and the next batch of wonder-creatures! Hope your son recovered from strep throat quickly.

• Oh, wow Cheryl. Your have lived a fun and wonderful life seeing your son and grandsons grow and discover the wonders of growing up. I’m happy for you. You are truly blessed with a loving and supportive family. I hope to one day see my grandchildren too but for now I would like to enjoy his childhood years and the adventures we are going to have. Wishing you and your family a lifetime of wonderful blessings. Thanks for sharing.

30. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Possibility « Cheryl Andrews

Reading everything what’s on this post, IT, fueled me more to explore the borderless world. It’s what I needed to finally grab the opportunity to work abroad. I thought I didn’t get the job but I did. Thank you it for always inspiring us.

Regards to you and your family.

• Congratulations. I’m happy for you and your family. Which country are you going? I remember how excited I was to venture into another country. As long as your family is on you side, you can go anywhere and be anything your dream takes you. There would be a lot of times that you will get homesick and having your family around makes a huge difference and comfort. God bless you and your family always. Thanks Bro for all the kind words and encouragement.

32. john tugano says:

Children’s imagination is limitless.They can dream big and make every possibilities a real one.
    I hope one day your son could be the best man he aims to be.I knew he would because of you and your wife’s unwavering guidance..

I hope and pray for the fast recovery of your son…

Live life and explore its possibilities..

• “I hope one day your son could be the best man he aims to be.” Bro, I hope so too. As a parent, I try my best to teach him the right path just like my parents taught me so many years ago.
      “Live life and explore its possibilities..” I will my friend. May God bless you and your family always. A toast to living life to the fullest and its potentials!

33. hawleywood40 says:

What a lovely post. It reminds me that one of the best ways for us to think, live and be as adults – if we want to live creative and inspired lives anyway – is to try to see things through the eyes of children now and then. Thank you : ).

• “If we want to live creative and inspired lives anyway – is to try to see things through the eyes of children now and then.” So true my friend…
      Whenever my son sees anything interesting, his face would lit up as he gives this sweetest smile I’ve ever seen. It’s just a beautiful moment.
      Have a fun weekend and wishing you the best!

34. nelson RN says:

I love your pics! Reminds me of my son who’s also a climber!

• Thanks Bro. Our sons keeps up young and helps us discover things we long forgotten. They make us feel like we have super powers or something close to that. It always nice to meet another dad in the blogger world. God bless you and your family…..

35. Susan says:

What a beautiful post! You perfectly captured the beauty and wonder of being a child! I’m sorry to hear that your little boy has been ill…I hope he is on the mend and back to dreaming and creating real soon. :) God bless.

• Thanks Susan. Thank God he’s back to his usual good health for the past 3 days. he lost some weight but his appetite came back as well so hopefully that would build up his resistance. And yes , he’s back to dreaming and creating….and it’s just awesome.Our Lord is truly great . God bless you to and your wonderful family.

36. 2e0mca says:

Kids help us to keep an open mind too – great post :-)

37. Frank Bishop says:

I’m running out of new ways to tell you how good your pictures are. This, above anything, is a reflection upon your amazing photography skills and how endearing your descriptions that come along with them are. Keep up the good work, I’m almost speechless….. for once….

• Frank , my friend ….as always, your words brings forth inspiration and encouragement. And don’t worry about ” new ways to tell me” stuff. Just for you to drop by and share your thoughts is more than enough. Have a great weekend and wishing all the best and success in all that you do.

38. That spider is freaking huge.. I can’t stop looking at it. That is absolutely crazy, inventive, and interesting all at the same time lol. I love the photos and those legos :)

That spider freaked me out too. I love it!

• I try not to freak out with bugs, being a role player to my son but in Houston, we have Brown Recluse spider and it can be debilitating. It’s poison can cause gangrene. Scary but true. Thanks for the comment.

40. itacasillas says:

I like your quotes: “When a child dreams, the possibilities are endless.”
    Get well soon for your son,,greetings :)

41. munchow says:

Once again a handful of well done photographs. My favourite this time is the first one. I just love the boy looking out into the ocean, has strong stand and the way he is grounded with himself and nature. The limited colour palette fits the picture perfectly, and the earthly reddish colour of the boy’s sweater draws the eye straight to him. But then there is so much more, the rough sea, the rugged clouds and the almost chaotic beach. Very strong graphically.

42. My friend, as always, every word you wrote breathes life and poetry. You are a true artist and a talented photographer. When you describe a photo, it’s like describing a precious painting. Thank you,I felt honored and inspired with your comments. Best wishes to you and your love ones.

43. The big black spider looks like balloons. How neat. How creative. You have always inspired me and your comments always mean something to me. Thanks for being so honest. I pray for health and safety for you and your family, always. It is God’s will to heal and restore. Bless you always. Your friend, Jackie~

• Thanks Jackie. Your kind and inspiring words never fails to make my day. indeed God heals and restores. He makes all of us whole. Wishing you all the wonderful blessings in life too. Have an awesome day my friend. The world awaits to be motivated by you.

44. jakesprinter says:

Very awesome post thanks for sharing .

45. Judith says:

Oh that we could all go back to that time of innocence. I do hope that by now your son is completely recovered and back to his delightful self. :)

• Thank you for the kind and caring thoughts. He is well now and back on his feet. He’s one kid that has full of energy. When he’s well, everything is perfect! Thanks for sharing those beautiful comments.

46. pix & kardz says:

thanks for sharing your thoughts about your son.
    children are able to live each day without worrying about tomorrow.
    a good attitude!
    hope he is feeling better soon!!

• Thank you for the get-well thoughts for my son. After 8 days of fever and chills…Thank God he is finally well. He is back on his usual happy and active self. We just had his 6th Birthday and he never looked so happy and excited. Love these moments. Have a wonderful day.

47. Kids do have such a creative imagination! I just love how the family worked together on “pumpkin clown.” Now that is what I call using your imagination! Anyway, I’m so glad to hear that your son is feeling better. That must have been pretty stressful for the family. By the way, Legoland Florida has officially opened. Stay blessed my friend. :)

• My son is better now. He’s appetite and energy is back. He got well in time to enjoy his birthday. It was stressful on the latter part of his sickness because we got scared not knowing why the medication was not working. I’m glad its all over now and that God heard my prayers. I want to go back to Florida one day. We been to Orlando twice and it’s a memorable and fun vacation each time. We’ll definitely visit Legoland. Thank you for the lovely thoughts. Wishing you and your family the best.