10 Adventure Opportunities Of Summer

Weekly Photo Challenge: Opportunity

Inspired by the weekly photo challenge theme “opportunity”, I was finally able to finish my 10 Texan Summer Adventures post. Summer not only gave me a lot of sun, sand and water fun but more importantly, it gave me the opportunity to celebrate life in a more meaningful way. It gave me the opportunity to discover my self and my priorities in life at the time when I felt lost from the piling pressures and harsh realities of the real World.

Summer also created a lot of unforgettable memories for me and my family. It gave us the chance to bond and share tender moments embraced with love and support for each other. It gave me a priceless opportunity to establish a lot of ” Father and Son” experiences that I will always be grateful for. Experiences that I may have missed and never got the chance to encounter if not for Summer’s inspiring glare of sunshine.

Here are my 10 Texan Summer Adventures. I hope it gives all of us the opportunity to remember and relive the happy and exciting memories of our Summer. Memories that will bring us warmth and inner glow when Winter’s cold and gloomy days knock on our door.

1. Summer Fun Begins At Six Flags

2. Boardwalk Of Dreams At Kemah

3. In The Company Of Alligators

4. A Visit To The Barbecue Capital Of Texas

5. Looking Through A Glass Bottom Boat

6. Beyond River Tubing

7. Summer Fishing At Pier 61

8. The Sun-kissed Beach Of Galveston State Park

9. Dreams Come True At The Children’s Museum

10. Life Under The Pyramids

Summer not just gave me beautiful memories with my family but it gave me the opportunity to meet and get to know a lot of amazing blogger friends. You all were part of my Summer Adventures for 2011. Each visit and comment were like foot prints embedded in the sand just like the ones on my version of the theme “Path.” These foot prints will serve as a reminder of the inspiring and encouraging thoughts we all shared and valued then, now and the days to follow.

Thank you for being a part of a great Summer. I hope to see you all in celebrating next year’s Summer bright and awesome opportunities. Can’t wait for another set of new adventures, discoveries and happy memories.

If there is one thing that you want to relive from any of your wonderful Summer, what would it be?

This entry was posted in Events, family, Inspiration, kids, photography, Post A Week 2011, Summer Adventures, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

72 Responses to 10 Adventure Opportunities Of Summer

1. Connie T says:

Great summer memories and photos.

2. Thanks Connie. So much great memories.

You are so welcome, IT!

4. It has been a great journey for all of us….so much cool memories to remind us how beautiful life can really be. Thanks.

5. ElizOF says:

You had a fantastic summer and I knew you’d have wonderful pictures and memories to share… Kudos! These are beautiful; Stay blessed! :-) Here’s a cyber hug for you… (((((Island traveler))))

• The hug felt so comforting, more after a long day at work.Thanks Liz, the cyber hug warms the heart in the most beautiful way. Summer won’t be complete without the friends I cherish at Word Press. Wishing you life’s sweet happy moments.

Wishing you, your lovely wife and son lots more great adventures and happy memories! Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks AuntYuta for the beautiful and heartfelt comments. I hope to make more happy and memorable memories with my family for as long and as much as I can. Time flies so fast that it is easy to miss life’s fleeting events. Have a blessed day my friend. Best wishes to your family.

Wow, You wrote many amazing posts. I like Summer Fishing post because I have never tried fishing but I love to eat fishes.
    As you say, writers and readers can make and share their blog together.It’s fun. :smile:

• My son and I enjoyed the fishing trip so much I’m planning to get a yearlong fishing permit. A friend is inviting me to fish from 9pm to 6am….Seems like a fun experience. The best part of blogging is making connections and sharing thoughts and events that are some how similar from one another. Makes our world reachable. Have a great day my friend. wishing your family the best things in life.

• Sony Fugaban says:

Amen to your last statement, cocomino. I like that!

• Sony Fugaban says:

I mean, “Amen” to your last statement, cocomino. I like that!!!

IT, please edit my comment.

• Making and sharing stories makes this blogging family go round and round in the most fun, enriching and beautiful way. As for fishing, nothing can be more exciting that catching a fish with our son’s on our side. Life has a lot of amazing and exciting surprises. Bro, God bless to you and your family.

8. hawleywood40 says:

What wonderful summer memories – and it was so much fun to get to share them with you here! : ).

• It was a blast ! Never have I celebrated Summer to the fullest than this year. My son agrees as well. There are things that money can’t buy like sharing a loving , fun and memorable bond with your family. I’m so glad I decided to do all these events with my family. We can’t really tell what happens next year. We need to live life now and not later. Have a wonderful day….

9. thirdhandart says:

Love the photo of sand with “Summer 2011” written on it. So glad that your son is better! Hope you and your family have many more fun-filled opportunities to enjoy the precious moments that life offers. Take care. :-)

• I scribbled the word Summer myself. I had to hurry taking the shot because the waves kept on erasing the words. It made me realize that we need to cease the moment and simply enjoy them when we are given a chance to do so. Just like the photos you made in your blog, you too try to capture life as it comes. Tomorrow is another day and what we see now may not be there when we wake up. Thanks for the constant visits. I appreciate each one of them. God bless you and your family always….

10. Your pictures (and words) have brightened a gloomy morning. Thanks for that. :)

11. jhirzel88 says:

It’s so hard to think about the glory days of summer. I can say one thing though, I liked being at the Jersey shore. It was always so great seeing the ocean, and everything about the beach was great too.

I should visit some of those blogs entries, because I know I haven’t read them yet.

• Jersey shore looks beautiful. The ocean and the beach holds a magic that keeps our souls at peace, our hearts smiling and our minds steering with the most amazing thoughts. It is a place for inspiration and finding our purpose in life. You’ve been a great blogger friend. It is my honor to share my Summer adventures with you. Best wishes to you and your family.

12. Maggie L R says:

What a wonderful summer of great memories. It is great to blog these adventures because as time passes all our summers begin to blend together, with these memories written ddown, you and your children will be able to go down memory lane twenty years from now. Keep on adventuring and making memories. Your children are blessed to have a fun loving father.

• That is so right Maggie. That is one reason I take the time and passion to do all these. It’s so easy for our memories to blur , even escape from our thoughts. I wish I could have blogged sooner. There were so many beautiful events that I now only have fragments of…
      I will keep adventuring for as long as I can and hopefully continue to write and share them for as long as God gives me the minds , heart and hands to do them. Thank you and wishing you and your family life’s sweetest blessings.

This is a nice collection of treasured trips! Such a great opportunity. Thanks for sharing.

14. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Opportunity « Changeversations

15. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Opportunity « Changeversations

Great summarization…ha ha, pun intended. Wonderful post IT.

Beautiful pictures and warming words! :D Love the summer word written on the sand! So cool!!!!

• I thought it was cool too. It’s been a long time since I scribbled anything on the sand. I’m thankful that I have a son who reminds me each day the joys of being child-like. That there is magical world out there if we allow it to enter our lives. Thanks for the comment.

You have such a wonderful family and you showed such great pictures.

It is good that you were able to relax, recharge the batteries and take such interesting photos.

• Yes, I needed badly to relax and recharge. This Summer gave me the needed energy booster. life can be stressful and monotonous at times. We do need to go out, have fun, enjoy what the world has to offer every now and then. Life’s too short to miss any possible adventures. Have a blessed day my friend. Wishing you and your family love and happiness. Take care.

19. AAhhhh … summer a wonderfully restful time … AND … now on to the winter chaos …
    Christmas. ~~~~ : – )
    Isadora

• Same thoughts my friend. The only thing I like about Winter is Christmas and a huge drop in my energy bills. As for Summer, it may be hot but the fun and possibilities never ends….plus no class for my son so we can have vacations even of weekdays…..Have a beautiful weekday. Stay blessed always.

20. Maggie says:

Great pictures. I love the lighting effects in all the pictures.

21. “There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.”
    ~ Celia Thaxter
    Grateful to you for sharing your summer memories with us and inspiring me to keep enjoying every precious moment given to me! Each seasons has its charms…

• “There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.” Just a beautiful and meaningful message my friend. Each season does has its charms and it is up to us to enjoy and savor each one of them . It was nice to read your inspiring quotes once again. Thank you.

22. Caroline says:

Wow, those are some wonderful summer opportunities and memories that you’ll always keep. Thanks for sharing.

23. Niki Fulton says:

What a great summer and brilliant log to look back on in the future. That BBQ looks incredible! Your son is really lucky to have all these experiences with doting parents, great.

• Years from now, I have these posts to warm my heart with the beautiful events and memories I shared with my family. As for the BBQ…it was so delicious like no other. It made me say, ” I’m proud to be Texan!” Thanks for the comment.

24. You are making me miss summer already. It is freezing in CT already!

Cheers,
    Louise

• It feels like Spring weather currently in Texas. Just wonderful weather and so many Octoberfest activities. Yes, Summer will always be special to me. Take care and wishing your family all the blessings in life.

25. Your photos always inspire me to pick up a camera myself. I really enjoyed this post.. and I wish it was summertime here lol. I can’t wait to go back to Six Flags

• Six Flags is timeless….and for as long as we are open to fun and possibilities, it’s excitement will never fade away. I plan to go back soon with my family. I heard that during October, the water stuff is colored red with Halloween monsters everywhere. Isn’t that intriguing? Thanks for sharing.

26. jakesprinter says:

Great Post for this week theme thanks for sharing

27. jeanne says:

so many wonderfully familiar places…great post!

28. Patti Kuche says:

These are all such lovely shots of sunshine opportunity and Texas looks so good. Will get there one day I hope, thanks for the taster!

• Before you know it, that one day will come soon. I do hope you got to see Texas and what it has to offer. It’s true when they say, ” everything is big in Texas.” Even the people’s heart and generosity are big as well! Thank you my friend for the constant words of encouragement.

29. erlkeylala says:

love the blog.. thank u for sharing! hope to do a travel cool blog like this one day!

• One day may be coming soon. A travel Blog can happen any time. Just follow your heart in its beat for adventure and excitement. You’ll be amazed of where it leads you. Thanks for the visit and comment. Have a blessed day.

30. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Opportunity… | Mirth and Motivation

31. ahh,.. very nice,..
    thanks for the informations,..

32. john tugano says:

looking back to these experiences of yours I think what I remember the most is the The Sun-kissed Beach Of Galveston State Park.I am so carried away that my memories too about summer with my family rushed back into my mind…

it also my opportunity too meet you here in blogosphere , am so glad it happened..=)

I wish you and your family a bunch of opportunities ahead..

• Thanks Bro. The Galveston State Park beach was also unforgettable for me. My family and I had been visiting the place for 3 years now. It reminded me of the beach about 15 minutes away from home where I had my first adventure with the sea when I was just a toddler. Every time I go home, I always make it a point to visit it. I’m glad to have come to know you, a talented and great blogosphere friend as well. God bless you and your family always.

33. Venusa says:

It couldn’t be more fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing those precious photos and stories….:)

• Thank for for the appreciative comments. Yes, it was a fantastic Summer for me and my family. I wish I should have done it more the years before that. But it is never you late right? Have a wonderful day!

34. Tammy says:

Those are great. My parents live in Kemah so I knew a few of those photos pretty well.

35. Your pictures are so alive and beautiful! What camera do you use (I guess it’s expensive). Thank you for letting me share in your world Island traveler. I travel with you in your pictures and it is but an exciting trip. Thank you so much!

• I just use my phone and use the camera plus application which I bought for $1.99. Best application I bought. It allows me to do stuff with original photo before downloading it to my main computer. I’m happy you enjoyed the photos and the posts. Thank you. Have a great a day…..

36. Pingback: A Visit To The Barbecue Capital Of Texas | this man's journey