Weekly Photo Challenge: Windows

Windows That Lead To Discovery

A window of opportunity opened for me and my family this weekend. This window led us to discover fascinating creatures of the sea such as these adorable seal lions. My son was laughing and clapping his hands during the Cannery Row Caper show which featured the funny and talented detective comedy duo, Clyde and Seamore.

The story unfolds when fishes were disappearing from a local cannery and it’s up to the experienced detectives of Sea World to discover the perpetrator.

There were two surprises during the show. The first one was finding out who did the crime. The second and most fun was the unexpected huge water splash on the crowd sitting at the first half of the front middle rows. The screams mixed with shivering laughter and “I can’t believe it” facial expressions were priceless. Although most had fun getting  wet, two couple stood up for several minutes looking annoyed. They should have thought about it when they sat on the bench that says, “splash zone.” If the sea lions could talk, I’m sure they would have said, “hello people, it says splash zone in bold letters!” I wanted to stay on the “splash zone” and get my dose of excitement but my son preferred to stay on the “safe zone.” Safety vs thrill? My son won without question.

Some windows lead to a place of fun, excitement and adventure. Some makes you smile and fills your heart with warm inspiration. Other windows make you marvel how amazing God's creation is. There are so many ways a window greets a person and there are tons more when it comes to what it meant for each individual. My personal favorite is the window that makes me say, "how great is it to be alive!"

The Two Way Window

As I watched the performers, it made me realize that there are two sides to a window. There is the one where we reveal ourselves. How the world see us. Some of which we can control while others we can’t. A lot involves our total personality. Others are often just happy, funny and lovable because that is who they are. While others are unpredictable like the weather. Today they’re smiling, tomorrow they are sad and distant. A few seems to just hate almost everything around them and those very few want others to feel miserable as well. In my lifetime, I met a rare few whom I wished I never crossed path with but I can’t bargain with destiny.

The other side of the window is our vision and perception of the world around us. Is it beautiful, hopeful, full of potentials and wonders? Is it exciting and fun? Is it positive and promising? Is it chaotic, painful, sad and negative? Whatever it is, those perceptions can be change if we want to. Mind over heart or heart over mind. Whatever can control our thoughts and emotions the most.

The Window That Promised A Fun And Memorable Day

There are days that when I look outside my window, I feel like jumping out at that very instant because of a view so enticing that all I could think of is “fun, fun, fun.” These window views never fail to deliver its promises of happy and exciting memories.

To finally say goodbye to Summer, we visited Galveston Beach for the last time before Autumn takes full control of the season. On our walks towards the east side of the beach, we found a souvenir shop that would remind me and everyone who had been part of the beach the beautiful, happy and family-bonding moments of that Summer.

As I look outside this window, I was reminded why I love the beach and why it will always have a special place in my heart and memory.

The Perfect Sunrise Outside My Car Window

On my way home from my work after a long and busy graveyard shift, I was greeted by one of the most inspiring sunrise that I had ever seen. I had to stop and watch it rise for several minutes. It’s not everyday that chances like this happens. I was right because a week after, “Fall Back” time kicked in as a way to save energy for Autumn and Winter. Now, when I leave from work, the sun has fully set and a new day has already started.

What is the most memorable view you had outside your window that held you breathless?

Thank you for sharing your time reading this post. I hope it gave you a wonderful glimpse of my world looking through your side of the window. Have a blessed day my friend.

This entry was posted in Events, family, Inspiration, Life, photography, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

92 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Windows

eyes are our window to the world around us…but some of us never see..not because we are blind but because we do not pause to look…

A wonderful post dear friend and such a fantastic sunrise !

I send you my love

• “Eyes are our window to the world around us…but some of us never see..not because we are blind but because we do not pause to look…” Isn’t it sad when we miss the amazing things around us simply because we are to busy to pause and look? This week’s theme is a reminder to all of us to slow down, appreciate the things and persons around us, breathe and live life in a meaningful way.
      Thank you Patrecia. Your words always bring forth a smile to my day.

2. Two views. Once I looked out my back window and saw a black bear looking for food. And once I saw two wild horses playing with falling snow through the window of my truck. Breathtaking.

Your views are lovely.

• Thanks my friend. The views of the bear and the wild horses are just amazing. Must be an exciting moment. I too will be breathless! Thanks for sharing and for appreciating the post. Best wishes to you and your family always.

3. What wonderful views/memories of this summer past. The memories linger.

• They do linger in the most beautiful and meaningful way. Those memories make me feel grateful for life’s opportunities . They remind me I can choose happiness and adventure. Thanks and best wishes to you and your family .

4. Maggie L R says:

What a great story, It is a joy to hear of your adventures with your son. Making memories to last a lifetime. It is important to instil in him the adventure spirit. we did that with our children, going places on the spur of the moment, now they are grown they are still full of fun and adventure. Life is a huge opportunity for adventure and joy. Every morning is like a new window to look through to see what adventure the day will bring..

• “Life is a huge opportunity for adventure and joy. Every morning is like a new window to look through to see what adventure the day will bring..” So true and just beautiful to reflect upon. Thanks for sharing a part of your adventures with your children. These moments are priceless and whenever we remember them, they make us smile and sparkle. Wishing you and your family a lifetime of wonderful blessings.

5. Coming East says:

Loved your pictures and I thought it was very clever of you to take the challenge of windows and show us what you saw looking out of a window instead of just showing us the window itself. Good job!

• Thank you. I was thinking of a basic window at first but then as the day progressed, a lot of things and events unfolded and I was inspired to tell more of what’s out there, beyond the window. I think it is fascinating, even exciting to venture outside the confines of our windows. A world promising adventures awaits for all of us. A blessed day to you…

Great interpretation and story. Memories are a window to the past.

7. MOL says:

Great photos! Great memories! Thank you for sharing them. Through your photos and stories, I get a glimpse of your environs. I guess you can say that I’m living vicariously through your lens.

In my part of the world we are on daylight saving time now, that is ‘summer-time’, That gives us an extra hour of light in the evening. As we get more towards the summer season daylight comes up earlier each morning. This morning at five o’clock I could glimpse already a bit of light. I love it when it gets light early in the morning. Makes me want to get up early. The quiet early hours are very precious. At 7 o’clock I’ll be ready for my morning walk with my neighbour.

So first thing this morning I looked with your eyes through all your beautiful windows, dear IT. It really gave me a boost for the day. Thank you for another wonderful post!

• Thanks AuntYuta. It’s fascinating to know that it’s Summer in your side whereas it’s late Autumn heading towards Winter on my side. I love more daylight too. I feel more alive when there’s more sunshine. I went to work last night at 0645pm and it felt like it was already 0800 p.m…..it made me miss Summer.
      I’m glad you enjoyed the post. I wanted to show my side of the window that is happy and fun ….
      Have a wonderful day my friend and best wishes to your family…

9. 40again says:

I love this post and all your gorgeous photos. Thank you so much for sharing them :)

10. thirdhandart says:

Such an inspiring interpretation of windows. I greatly admire your positive outlook on life. Wonderful entry IT!

• I have my low moments but I would rather have good and happy days with positive effects in my life. There was a time when I would worry about my problems and all but then I realized it’s not really helping me at all. Life’s too short to be sad and negative.So, I chose to be positive and I’m glad I did. Thank you for the appreciative comments.

11. knot2share says:

Every day is a window of opportunity to live, enjoy and be thankful for what we have. A nice message that comes through your posts. Thank you for sharing. Wishing you many more such beautiful sunrises through your car window :-).

12. Very well done … I love when you add your personal touches. You photos are so crisp and clear.
    If all of us could just see through all the windows of opportunity that are right before us we would have people who were less depressed.
    Great one …
    Isadora
    P.S. I would have been clapping and laughing just like your son. I am pretty child-like when it comes to these types of places.

• Me too. The Sea lions were hilarious and the actors just know when to throw a funny punch. And the water splash is a lot of fun as well. We could have been Sea World buddies, huh? Places like these is meant for friends and families to make great memories. I’m more than happy that you enjoyed this post. Have a lovely day my friend and God bless you always.

13. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Windows.. | melonpopzdropz …

14. Connie T says:

I love Sea World. The shows are fun to watch. Sounds like you had a great time. Love the sun over the water picture.

• For the past 2 years now, my family and I go to Sea World as part of our Thanksgiving celebration as a family. The experience is beyond words. Makes me appreciate the beauty of being alive, of being around family and experiencing love for each other. Thanks…

15. jeanne says:

Great window shots…and a great opportunity to experience something new.

16. Outside my window at the moment, is rain falling that is slowly turning into snow as our temperature outside is dropping precipitously. But as you said, I cannot do anything about it, though I sure wish it is a balmy beach I’m looking at from my window. However what I can change is my attitude, and enjoy this perfect cold weather to crawl under the blanket and snuggle and sleep. Thanks for the reminder.

• Same here. It was a rainy Friday in Houston. I cuddled for an hour before waking up for work. We can not always have a perfect weather but we can make a perfect day out of it if we want to. It’s all about having positive and bright attitude and outlook on things and situations. Two years ago, it snowed in our city when normally it doesn’t. People got scared because of slippery roads but I used it as an opportunity to make a snowman and play snow balls with my son. We had a great time.Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a blessed day filled with happiness.

17. Another outstanding post and gorgeous photos. : )

I love your insights about the two sides to a window. They are absolutely profound.
    The stunning sunrise is a wonder. I think that’s beyond question the nicest photo in the series.

Thank you, bro, for perking up my morning through this post!

Regards to your son and wife.

19. CurlyLAF says:

Hi there! thanks for the pingback! :) I enjoyed reading your post! Awesome photos and story! I liked most the sunset and the one beach souvenirs and stuff! God bless!

• Both the sunset and the beach souvenir shot were special to me. The sunset I get to enjoy for myself…deep thoughts and all. And the beach window, a beautiful memory of Summer with my family. Too sentimental, huh? God bless you too. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a blessed day filled with happiness.

20. Louise says:

I love the relationship you have with your son. You can feel the love in your posts.

Have a great day!

Cheers,
    Louise

• There are times when he’s at school, I tell my wife how we both miss being with him. We miss his adorable presence, his funny disposition, even his little burst of transient tantrums. At the end of a long day at work, I can’t wait to see him. I’m sure you feel the same with your two loving sons. Best wishes to you and your family. Thank you.

Very inspirational post! I live in a dense area, never have had this beautiful scene outside my window. I used to see sunset from my bedroom window a decade ago, but now, everywhere is covering with tall buildings, blocking the view. :D Thanks for sharing your enchanting pictures here with us!

• Thanks Ristin. I stayed in the big city for awhile and although it has its charms and fun events, I enjoy the suburbs, country and nature more. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing the sun rise when everything else is sleeping and still. It’s like experiencing a glimpse of creation. It is a great experience to get out of the city and its tall buildings every now and then and just go out of town particularly when among family and friends. Hope you can have some of those soon. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a blessed day filled with happiness.

Absolutely stunning shot… I love the way you chose to interpret the challenge… What an inspiration. I love it. Stay blessed! ;-)
    Eliz

• Thanks Eliz. I take the challenge as a part of what my blog is all about. It’s now more of a personal journey and experience. Something meaningful to me. I’m just blessed that my blogger friends like them too. Ain’t life grand? God bless you and your family always and thanks for the constant inspiration through your works….

23. Cheryl says:

Good morning, Mr. B! What wonderful way to greet this day – reading your ‘Windows’ post and looking at your images. To answer your question: No matter how long I live I always feel like a little kid when the first snow falls outside my window!

• You are so lucky my friend. Snow falls outside your window is like magic happening right at your own backyard. I only experienced snow once during a strange Houston Winter 2 years ago. A unforgettable Christmas for my family. The event reminded me of the song ” White Christmas” I used to sing during Christmas carolings. Thank you for sharing and I wish you and your family a beautiful Autumn and Winter ahead. God bless you always….

24. Pingback: Weeky Photo Challenge: Windows « Cheryl Andrews

25. Wow, what an incredible view you have – no wonder you are always so inspired. I am constantly inspired by the sea too. Lovely. Enjoy the Autumn light now.

• I love nature since I was a kid. Everything about it inspires me. As for the Sea, I grew up close to it for 31 years until my big move to the U.S. I miss being close to it until one day, I discovered Galveston beach , and it felt like home once again. Thanks and wishing you a bright and joyous day too.

26. Jenny says:

I love each of your photo challenge posts, they show me your world and I feel like I know you like you are my neighbor. Happy fall and winter!

• Same here particularly that I see my son through your 3 boys in various stages of their childhood. Just an amazing event for me. Your weekly posts of your family’s fun events make me wish you are my neighbor too. It’s always been my dream to live close to nature and in a country-like atmosphere. great views , amazing people! A wonderful day to you and your love ones. Thanks for sharing.

27. Sabina Brave says:

I like the most picture of sunrise :)
    Have a wonderful rest of the day now :)

28. wolke205 says:

Lovely post :) Thanks for sharing your memories, experiences & pictures with us. You are a good writer :) Best wishes to you & your family

• It is easier to write when fate gave you a chance to experience a beautiful moment and a wonderful event. I wish to share those inspiring moments to my blogger friends too. A blessed day to you and your family too. Best wishes to you always.

29. Fox@n says:

Great pictures. Keep it up

30. Frank Bishop says:

Close enough to scuba diving. Sometimes you have to work up to the big pictures, the real money shots. Great photos as usual, man. My favorite is the castle in the window looking out over the beach.

31. Scuba diving could have been amazingly cool but as I said, I need to make sure I can swim first. ha, ha, ha! As for the castle at the wondow overlooking the beach, that shot made love the beach more. A lot of great memories of Summer. Stay cool my friend. Your posts always brings about fun and excitement.

Wow. I was impressed these photos.
    And I found that dolphin show is similar to my country’s.
    My children must enjoy them.
    Have a great weekday.

• Yes, kids love them, even parents. It was just awesome to feed and touch the dolphins. Best wishes to you and your family.

• Sony Fugaban says:

Dolphin is my favorite animal though I’ve never seen one in flesh yet. They’re smart and jolly animals!

• Bro, then your going to enjoy my next post about Dolphins. We visited the Dolphin Cove recently and we’ll be coming back during this Thanksgiving Week. The closest one I experienced and both me and my son were crazy about it. The first one I saw in the wild was in 1996 when I took my boards in Cebu. A pod of dolphins were trailing the side of the boat we were in. It was amazing. Wishing you and your family tons of blessings. Thanks….

33. eva626 says:

very cool!!! looks like so much fun!. lets switch shoes haha

34. Patti Kuche says:

So many windows, so many wonderful views and I love that their is always a glimpse of sunshine from them all. Love the shot with the lampshade, the decorations and of course the beach so nearby.

• I love sunshine. There’s something about light and brightness that somehow influence they way I feel and see the world around me. It makes me feel hopeful and optimistic. It assures me that today will be a great day and normally it does. The beach scene outside the window reminds me always that the world has some exciting thing to offer everyday. We just need to get out there and claim it. Best wishes…

35. Sea World is so much fun. I haven’t been there in such along time. I just love these photos

36. Tammy says:

Great views from your windows. Thanks for sharing these.

37. john tugano says:

Another great adventure, Bro.

When I was with my parents I always wanted to sleep on their room because the window in there has a great view of the creek at the back of our house.I can see busy people passing on their boat and when its low tide I see children playing and catching fish.That moment was priceless and that was simply a breathtaking moment…

I love your post as always..=)

38. Bro, thanks for sharing that special and beautiful memory. You are lucky that your parent’s window have a view that most of us only dream about. A creek, floating boats, kids having a great time enjoying nature, a constant flow of serene waters promising a better day. When I was a kid, we have a natural pond next to our house. Our lot used to be a swamp and I remember having so much fun and adventures because of it. Every afternoon after class, I would raise an old woven basket from the pond and would catch a fish or two. I can’t believe I still remembered that. I must had been 8-10 years old. Thank you for letting me remember. God bless you and your family always. It was nice to hear from you again. Great sharing as always.

39. pix & kardz says:

this is a delayed visit to your post on windows which is both thoughtful and delightful. i have been away from blogging lately, and that came about quite unexpectedly because i was spending much of my free time visiting in the hospital which came about because of a medical emergency at home.
    &npsp;
    one of my favourite windows? that’s tough because there are so many. i recently posted about a spectacular view of my city as seen from a window in a hospital room. that was a view i could have happily lived without, given the circumstances.
    but now that things are looking much better, and my visits to the hospital are no longer necessary, i would have to say that any view other than that is quite a wonderful one.
    &nbsp.
    have a great day. blessings to you and your family!

• pix & kardz says:

if you would like to correct my remark above & correct
      &npsp; and &nbsp. or remove them altogether, that would be much appreciated :)
      i have obviously been away from blogging far too long!

• It is nice to hear from you again. I know how hard it is when someone is sick in the family. My mom got sick last year and had another relapse this year and it is a stressful and scary moment for all of us. The only thing that kept us strong was God’s love and healing power. Everyday I’m thankful that he healed my mom. He is trully a father in heaven that cares for all of us. Wishing you and your family peace , love and happiness.

• That view was beautiful but I can relate to what you said,” that was a view i could have happily lived without, given the circumstances.” Some view no matter how spectacular reminds us of a painful and sad event. And looking at that view brings back the event we want to forget.

40. jhirzel88 says:

I can’t stand to look through the window anymore. I just prefer to stay where I am. If I go somewhere, I just go. I don’t want to hear any birds chirping or nothing. I want to be outside more often, but the reality is, I can’t, unless I am on school break or something. My priorities come first before my outdoor exploring activities start.

I’m glad you and your son had fun seeing the sea lions perform. I can’t remember if I ever saw anything like that.

• The first sea lions I saw was at the Pier in San Francisco bay. My son was only a year old. Now I can see them again and again at Sea World in San Antonio. Very fascinating and friendly creatures. Some have great sense of humor too. I hope you get to enjoy the outdoors after your indoor activities. Fresh air and sunlight can be refreshing. Stay well cool my friend. Best wishes to your family.

I always find your words inspiring, my friend! ^ . ^

42. The Hook says:

Awesome post! I applaud your decision to photograph your son from the back; you’re a vigilant father who has earned my respect and admiration.

• I blogger friend once gave me a priceless advice about protecting my son and his identity. Thank God she did. I still got to include him in my post since it’s mainly about me and the adventures I had with my family and yet keep his face hidden. Thanks.

43. Fabulous pictures!
    I’ve had many memorable views out my window but one from this past winter that I really love was watching my dogs running, leaping and chasing each other in the snow :)

• Snow and dogs having a great time is one sight to behold outside your window. Do you still have a picture of that? Would love to see those adorable dogs have a fun Winter. Thanks. Have a wonderful day.