Family Makes You Believe That Miracles Can Happen

This week’s photo challenge is focus on family. So much ideas came to my mind but what can be more real than sharing my life’s event for the past few days. So, here’s my version of Weekly Photo Challenge: Family

Family Makes You Smile In Times Of Trouble

It has been a tough week for me and my wife. We received some bad news that scared us both and it happened the morning of Thanksgiving Day. It is during this difficult moment that we found strength in each other and our 6-year-old giving us constant reason to smile and be hopeful.

My family gives me a reason to smile. A smile that brightens my world when it seems dark and grey.

It is during this troubled times that love helped us endure hardships and overcome the mountain load of trials. It is true in what they say, “you will know who your family and friends are at your lowest moments.” It is during this time of darkness that my family became the source of light and inspiration to persevere.

When I look at my son, I see a  happy face with a smile so radiant it fills my heart with comfort. When I look into his eyes, I see a promise that everything will be okay. When his laughter fills the room, it uplifts my sulking spirit and when he gives me a hug, all worries seems to melt away.

Family can bring out the best in us.

Our children’s optimism and unwavering faith inspires and motivates us to try our best to rise above any difficult situations. They give us strength when we feel worn out, courage when our hearts feel fear and certainty when we’re in doubt. They make us strive for better things and bring out the best in ourselves.

It is being around our families that makes Christmas timeless and a holiday most of us look forward to celebrate year after year.

Family And Christmas

The joys of the yuletide season is here.I see the vibrant colors of Christmas everywhere I turn. If there is one thing that makes Christmas truly merry, it’s having our families around us to celebrate this beautiful holiday.

Just like any other parent, my wish for this year is to give my family a happy and memorable Christmas. A Christmas loaded with love, peace and lasting joy.

I also wish that every family particularly in areas stricken by grief and poverty will experience a genuinely merry Christmas.

Christmas is not having the most expensive gifts or elaborate ornaments. It’s about being there for our families, to make sure they feel love and that we are there for them no matter what. Just letting them know we are there for their dreams and walking with them on each travelled path, easy or hard may all it takes for them to feel the true spirit of Christmas.

Family help us follow our dreams and achieve our wish list. "All I want for Christmas is..."

Family Makes You Believe That Miracles Can Happen

We promised our son that we will go back to Sea World to celebrate Thanksgiving but after the bad news that morning, my wife and I felt depressed and almost decided not to go. We told ourselves, “today seems not a good day to celebrate.” But a promise is a promise and so we went ahead with the original plan.

The colorful Christmas lights never looked so beautiful and the jubilant songs never sounded so sweet to our ears. We needed to see the images of Christmas after all and the festive sound it brings. Our hearts were longing to rejoice at a time when it felt sadness.

During the Shamu Miracle show, the song reworked from Patti Labelle‘s “Ready For A Miracle” haunted the emptiness and uncertainty of our hearts. It sounded so beautiful yet sad and painful for some reason.

At the beginning and in between the show, videos were shown of people, mostly children telling the audience their interpretation of what a miracle is. At that instant, I was praying quietly for a miracle that only my God knows.

When the show ended, I noticed that my wife was staring from afar and quiet. I asked her, “what’s wrong?” She said, “Nothing. The song and the video were sad that it made me teary eyed” I replied, “yes, they were sad.” I then asked her, “what part made you teary eyed?” She answered back, “the part where the man said that his miracle was meeting his wife.” At that point, words failed to come out of my mouth. I moved close to her and held her hand as we both watch our son walked happily with the rest of the crowd.

The happiest memories we had are those we shared with our families.

As we left Sea World, the lyrics of the show never felt so real and timely. In my mind, these words kept lingering, ” There can be miracles when you believe.” I believe that mine and that of my family will come soon. As long as there is breathe in me, there is a possibility that such miracle can happen. Again, all I have to do is believe and I believe because of my family’s unwavering belief in me.

In my heart I know that no matter how stormy the seas are or how treacherous the road is, I will be fine for as long as my family is there for me or me for them.

I apologize for the gloominess of my contribution in this week’s photo challenge but I’m convince that as one Blogger family, we are here for each other’s high and lows.

Every family has a story to tell. Some painful while others glittered with happiness and triumph. Whatever it is, these stories  made us who we are and so, we should never be ashamed or hide them. Somewhere in the world, another person maybe experiencing a similar struggle. Your story maybe that one reason for that person to overcome his pain and have his life turned around for the better.

This entry was posted in 31 Days Of Christmas, family, Personal, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

78 Responses to Family Makes You Believe That Miracles Can Happen

1. The Hook says:

Pretty great, like-affirming post, my friend!
    Well done!

• Thanks. It wasn’t easy to share it. It’s easier to tell a story of fun and happy events but sad and emotional ones makes me choke because it’s too raw and painful. It makes me feel vulnerable as well but it also tell others that I’m so human with imperfections, weakness, failures, problems like anyone else. That the path we take is not so different.

• wordsfallfrommyeyes says:

A raw post, Island Traveller. No, family isn’t always bright sparks & joyous smiles. I have very very minimal in the way of family, and it is all dysfunctional. I have my son but one day he’ll be off in the world.

I bet your post wasn’t easy to share, but it helps people like me to not feel alone. Your post was good. Thank you.

• Thank you. I know what you mean. I’ve seen families destroy each other because of greed and maliciousness. I’ve seen it in my dad’s family. I feel bad for him that he had to be the nice guy and the victim. Let’s pray for both of us that somehow, things will change in our generation, that atleast we have 1 or 2 family members that will stick with us no matter what. stay blessed . Wishing you and your son the best this holiday season.

Even though you must deal with sadness, there is a great amount of hope and love in your post. Thank you for writing this great story about family :)

• Sadness, hope and love seems to over lap in my life nowadays. I think it does too for most of us. Life continues to unfold it’s weave of joys and pains. It’s what spice up everything I guess. What matters is that I ‘m not alone in this. I don’t know what I’m going to do if I’m by myself. Having someone at your side makes a huge difference between overcoming the odds or breaking down in defeat. Stay blessed my friend.

3. awesome! I’m not sure what the news is – but we all have trials. You are right- there is nothing like family – esp young children – to help us focus on what matters most in times of trouble…and your whole perspective can change overnight – even with a trip to Sea World. It’s amazing – I’ve been there and I thank God for us having children in the midst of all of this. I just pray this experience gives you a powerful testimony of triumph once it’s over… even though you can’t see it – it’s in the making.

• I will hang on to those words. Thank you. Those words were like music to a weary soul.I do hope that when this is over I can stand tall to express how God made his miracle, how he picked me up and helped me go back on my feet. I do wish to make a testimony of triumph once this is all over. Best wishes and happy holidays

4. thanks for the post – I can relate!

5. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Family « Cheryl Andrews

Many blessings.

7. jakesprinter says:

Wishing you comfort in the memories you’ve gathered
    through the years. Nice post my friend :)

8. Judith says:

Love this post – yes family do make miracles occur every day in so many ways. Enjoy your family my friend. I hope that you are over the bad news or at least are becoming reconciled.

• I’m trying my best to give my wife and son a Christmas filled with joy and great memories despite of any obstacles we are facing. Love will give us the strength to overcome anything. Wishing you the best of this wonderful yuletide season my friend. Thanks…

9. mysterycoach says:

I’m sorry to hear of your bad news… :( I hope everything turns out well… and you know, I didn’t find this to be gloomy at all. I found it to be heart felt and warm. This is beautiful :)

• Thank you. I think it’s a matter of perspective how we events and life’s situations. Yes, it’s been hard lately for me and my wife but we both have a feeling that God has a greater , better plan for us. Everything happens for a reason, right ? Thank you for the warm , generous comment. Stay blessed always.

10. They say that there are circumstances that come to our lives that we have no control over them. But we ALWAYS, always have control over how we feel towards them. May the season of Christmas bring you and your family hope, joy and peace in your heart.

As a fellow Filipino, whatever it is you guys are going through, always persevere and have faith.

Be blessed!

• Words of kindness and inspiration. Thank you. You are right when you said, ” They say that there are circumstances that come to our lives that we have no control over them. But we ALWAYS, always have control over how we feel towards them.”
      I may not able to escape what had happen but I can choose to be positive and find ways to solve it…with God’s grace and blessing of course. Wishing your you and your family love, peace and happiness as well….I’m glad to meet another generous and talented Filipino.

11. thirdhandart says:

I’m so sorry about the bad news. May God hear your prayers and grant you the miracle that you desperately need. And, may you get through this sad time with the help of your family’s unwavering belief. Stay strong IT.

• Thank you my friend. Those words were so wonderful and my heart needed to hear them. So comforting, so hopeful. I do believe God will hear my prayers and make his miracle at his own time and his own ways. Each day, I see them happening around me and It can happen for me. Life can be challenging but as long as our family are with us, we can surpass any trial. I’ll try my best to be strong….

“you will know who your family and friends are at your lowest moments” is so true. Cherish those who stand by your side for they are precious.

13. Family make miracles happen. Nice post! Take care.

Great post. As you say, every family has their own story which is memorable and heartwarming. Have a great weekdays. :smile:

15. Tammy says:

I’m sorry about your news but am confident that your faith and your family will see you through. Prayers.

• Thank you. Faith and family both will help me pass this dark road. There’s always light at the end of a tunnel. With God’s blessing it can happen , even sooner than I think. Wishing you and your family love and happiness.

Wonderful post. I’m sending blessings to you and the family. Stay strong.

17. pix & kardz says:

thank you for sharing this heartwarming post.
    blessings to you and your family in the days and weeks ahead!
    – and thank you so much for the pingback!! much appreciated.

• It’s always encouraging to read thoughts like these from my blogger friends. Words are powerful. They can change how a person think and feel. It definitely did for me. Thank you and all blessings to you and your family.

18. Connie T says:

Even though you heard some bad news, you have your beautiful family to be with and your wonderufl wife by your side. I hope your bad news turns out to be OK.

• Thanks Connie. I was thinking the same for the past few days. I don’t mind losing all the material wealth for as long as my son and wife will be with me where ever I am. They give me a reason to wake up and face another day.

19. aRVee says:

Another great post from you my friend. Sorry to hear about the bad news though. Not that I dig it but hope everything’s okay now.

I agree on this one “It is true in what they say, “you will know who your family and friends are at your lowest moments.” –this is very true. Each one of us has his/her highs and lows and it is indeed at your lowest moments that you know who your real friends/family are. Just so sad to learn that the most you expected to be there to comfort you is not there when you needed him/her and surprisingly the one you considered to be the least who cared for you, is the one who’s there ever ready to console you and give you a reasurrance that everything’s going to be alright…

Whatever your circumstances always remember that it will come to pass. Stay blessed my friend and I wish and your family well. Have a great day! :)

• Thank you aRVee. You speak and share like a true friend. I appreciate the thought, the words and the kind gesture. You are right , the least you expect to help is the one who offered a hand first and those who were with you during the happy days are nowhere to be found. I already have an idea that it will happen based on passed experiences. My wife asked me one day, “perhaps they are talking about us?” I replied back, ” I don’t really care what they say. If they don’t pay my bills and help us in anyway, they don’t count. At least for me.” Real friends and family help unconditionally. They don’t judge.
      In a way, I appreciate the event’s moral lesson. It taught me and my wife to be more cautious, to think smartly, to keep family and friends that really mattered, to be there for each other and be each other’s pillar and strength…and more importantly, to pray to God and seek his help. He never fails his children.
      Best wishes to you and your love ones.

• aRVee says:

Yeah I can your true friend IT. It’s sad that nowadays trust is something that is so hard to give. No worries my friend, there will always be consequences of every action. Pity those who do bad because they’ll reap bad fruits and sad to say, it’ll be to the nth folds… Stay well! :)

• Thank you. I believe that good will prevail in the end. The evil and the bad will have their days of anguish. God is just and sees all things . Thank you. Best wishes to you and your family.

Have no fear. God is near!

Loved your post and you are so right Family life and the joys that it gives are what keeps us all going

• Thanks Patrecia. I will hang on these beautiful words, ” When things seem bad, and the tunnel looks dark and gloomy pass your problems to the Lord…Nothing is too big or too small.” I know that in his time, he will help us through and a new beginning will unfold. Fresh start, new life filled with hope of better things to come.
      God bless you always and your wonderful family.

21. Fox@n says:

Great post. Always enjoy your pics. Hope you get thru those sad times with ease.

• I hope so too. We can still be cool even when everything around us seems uncertain, right? All I have to do is to think positive, do my best and pray that everything will be alright. Thanks…

22. yen says:

Beautiful post, Island Traveler. I’ll be praying for you and your family. Your faith and hope in this post shine more brightly than the gloom brought by the bad news. God is in control no matter what it is. I pray for much grace and comfort to you and your family.

• “God is in control no matter what it is.” He was, is and will always will be. Thank you for the kind words and more importantly, the prayers. I believe in the miracle that prayers bring. I had seen them happen in the past and I do hope it will happen again in the present. A lot of times, it’s our faith that keeps us going and the love of our families. Thank you again. Best wishes and loads of blessings to you and your family.

23. Susan Shay says:

Beautiful pictures, IT. Whatever news you recieved Thanksgiving morning, God is in the midst of it. Sometimes that’s almost impossible to believe, but as Christians we know it’s true.
    Maybe the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you.

• He is in our midst. Always ready to carry us and the loads we have at the time when it becomes to much to bear. At our lowest moments, that’s when he’s the greatest. Thank you for the inspiring and uplifting words. I appreciate each generous thought.
      May the Lord bless you and your family too.

24. MOL says:

I hope that whatever it is that you and your wife are distressed about, it will be resolved and pass. To see the gifts and fortunes around you in the face of adversity is truly life-affirming!

• “To see the gifts and fortunes around you in the face of adversity is truly life-affirming!” If I look at the good things in my life, the bad seems not that important anymore. As long as my wife and son shower me with their hugs , love and kisses, I will be find, we will be fine. Thank you. They are sweet words to the heart. Stay blessed….

25. Merry Christmas dear friend.

26. Thank you for sharing your joys and tears. I hope that what you and your family is stressed out about will resolve itself God is on your side.

Cheers,
    Louise

• I hope so. I believe so. I just wish everything will work out well so my family and I will have a truly blessed and merry Christmas. A simple wish that would mean a lot to me. Take care my friend.

27. TheDeeZone says:

Beautiful photos.

28. I am sorry to hear that you and your family are going through a difficult time. This is another truly inspiring post and I admire you for handling the situation the way that you do. Sending many blessings your way.

• I try to be strong for my family. And I know my wife does the same. I know my parents had their share of trials themselves and they handled them so gracefully. I hope I can do it too. Thank you for the words of encouragement and support. I appreciate them a lot. Have a wonderful day…

29. Nicole says:

Wishing you the best , and lots of love and support by your family and friends during this challenging time . life is never easy but we all seem to manage and perservere. Stay strong!

• “life is never easy but we all seem to manage and persevere.” So true. I do know there is a better day waiting for us, may be even better that I prayed for. Whatever it is, only God knows. And to him I entrust everything . Best wishes to you and your family. Thanks.

30. eva626 says:

great post..i love the pictures. and your kid is adorable. i think i mentioned it before too lol

31. Thank you.He’s my little angel that brings me joy with or without the holidays. Thank you.

32. Frank Bishop says:

Where were those huge stockings when I was a kid? Man….
    Also it looks like the whale is about to roll out and squash all of those people.
    Great pictures as always. Hope you are having an awesome day.

• Yeah, where were those giant stockings when we were kids? As for the whale, there’s a guard rail to prevent it from squashing people like me. Although the best views were at the front where I was likely to be squashed. Thanks for the comment. have a great day too.

Thank you for sharing your own thoughts and beautiful pictures here with us. :D With love, miracle can happen. Happy weekend to you and to your family, my friend.

• “With love, miracle can happen. ” I do believe that love can move mountains and can survive any obstacles. With God’s grace, miracle can happen to anyone. Thank you for the beautiful words of encouragement.

34. hawleywood40 says:

Like others said here, I did not find this gloomy at all. Your outlook is an inspiration even in the midst of your troubles. You are right that love and family are what get us through the tough times in life. But also, our own outlook – the ability to be grateful for good things when also surrounded by bad, awareness of the love in your life and how meaningful it is, perseverence when you’re tired or overwhelmed. Your writing says you have all of the above, my friend, to guide you and your family through whatever these troubles may be. You’ll all be in my thoughts and prayers!

35. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. Part of that miracle is already happening. It would be a merry Christmas for me and my family after all. Wishing you all a Holiday. Filled with love and blessings. Thank you for sharing this part of my journey….

I’m sorry to read about your scary news and send you healing prayers and blessings… I’ve been out of commission myself so I haven’t been around to visit any blogs. I’m sorry I didn’t read this sooner but send you best wishes for a miracle too.

37. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Celebration | this man's journey

38. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge:Celebration | Thinking aloud….

39. jhirzel88 says:

The best thing to do if you are depressed is to not look back. Whenever I bike ride to work, I just keep going. There’s no turning back. Don’t even look to the past. That’s how I overcame my depression. I felt that the poverty in this world is making me care about others who are less fortunate than I am. I can’t stand the thought of it. I just forget about it and move on.

You’ll be okay. Just enjoy your Christmas and make it more memorable with lots of joy. I don’t get as many presents as I used to get, so I can never feel that I have an exciting Christmas anymore. I’l get to spend time with my dad, so I suppose that can resolve the family part of the Christmas thing.

40. Pingback: Hope That Love Will Find Us | this man's journey