Launching A Child’s Dream
My son woke me up yesterday by trying to tickle my foot. He’s been doing this for two days now. It’s an amazing alarm clock. All of the sudden all my senses goes into an automatic “awake” mode. Of course, I won’t be outdone. I would tickle him back to his heart’s delight. The sound of his laughter filled the air with a sense of infectious joy.
As we headed down the stairs so I can start my day with a hot cup of coffee, I saw a rocket ship he made out of paper complete with blasters in case the pilot encounter a hostile alien from another planet. I placed his work on the wall of our main foyer admiring its simple yet beautiful details.
As I stared at his work, I thought, “ how fascinating his imagination is and how unwavering his beliefs are.” He believes with all his heart that all his dreams will come true. Once his mind is set and his dreams are launched, there is no stopping his drive to reach them regardless of the outcome. Today, he reminded me about perseverance, courage, following my heart’s passion and pursuing happiness. It’s funny how a child can open your eyes to what is really important in this crazy world.
Launching A Lego Spaceship
Everyday without fail, my son would play with his Lego toys. He would build different kinds of aircraft that goes with his Star Wars miniature action figures.
One night while I was watching T.V., he made a fighter plane that was launched to protect the fortress of his city. I was impressed by his ingenuity. Complete with sound effects he excitedly said, “Blast off…whoosh!”
Launching Our Hopes For A Better Future
As I watched my son play with an air balloon during one of our adventure trips last December, I wondered what the future will be for him and kids of his age. If I’m to base it on the negativity of everyday’s news, the future seem clouded with uncertainties but if I base it on what I see when I look into his eyes, I could see a future that is bright and full of wonderful possibilities. When I see him smile, he gives me hope and assurance that a better future awaits.
One day after work, my son showed me a piece of paper. I read it to him and it says, “Dad, I Wif You.” Looking confused I asked him, “What is Wif?” He proudly read it again, “Dad, I Love You.”
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Launch .. (melonpops.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Launch (implicado.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge- LAUNCH (diggingher.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: Launched (jmsimpson.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Launch (sophomorejinx.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Launch (cherylandrews.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Launch (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Launch (passion2read.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Launch (thismansjourney.net)
- Anti-gravity: Weekly Photo Challenge (Launch) (suvesabun.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Launch (thirdhandart.wordpress.com)
- Wish Lanterns ( Launch: weekly photo challenge ) (lifebydmagdalene.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Launch (snapsbytwinkle.wordpress.com)