Simple Expressions Of Love

Inspired by the Weekly Photo Challenge theme: Simple and of the approaching Valentine’s Day, I decided to pay a tribute to the most profound feeling and emotion of all, “love.”

Simple “I Do’s” For The Past 41 Years

My parents spent 41 years of love and affection , withstanding the rough storms that came their way. Their endurance withstood the odds, the challenges, the trials that fate brought during their dark times of hardships, calamities and traumatic events.

I witnessed my parents love for each other for 41 years. When they look at each other, I can still see the glow that inspired them to embrace life and its challenges together.

Last year, we witnessed mom and dad sealed their shared loving years with a kiss and with held hands that bonded them together throughout the years. They showed us that love endures and that love can be “forever.” They gave us hope that everyone can live happily ever after and that we can all love despite of one another’s imperfections, failures, hurts, heartaches and conflicts. They made us see that two individuals with opposite personalities can live their “I do’s” in the most simple way everyday. Simple yet genuinely expressed and shared throughout generations.

This made me believe love can be timeless. That I can wake up when I'm grey and old with the same person, just as beautiful as the day I met her in the school's hallway.

Simple Expressions Of Love

Before we know it, it’s Valentine’s Day. Cupid will be all over town, shooting those arrows of love, painting the sky with glowing red and making our hearts beat like crazy. Yes, it’s that time when we have to find the perfect romantic Valentine card, get the object of our affection a dozen red or pink roses and make them sugary high with those heart shape chocolates. This is the time to renew vows of love and promises tested by the sands of time.

Somehow in the middle of the trying to get that perfect gift we forgot the essence of this event. Valentine’s Day is all about showing our love and appreciation to the people whom we shared our lives with. People who stood by us in moments of struggles. People who inspired us to do things we didn’t thought possible. People who helped us believe in ourselves and reach  for our dreams. People who touched our heart, helped it beat, feel and come alive once again.

Everyday, love is expressed in the most simple yet pure way. My son has his ways of showing me and my wife that he loves us from helping carry the groceries to the warm hugs he gives us everyday.

Yesterday, my 6 year-old son  reminded me that expressions of love doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, it can be simplified in so many ways hardly costing anything except our time and a bit of imagination.

After school, my son asked me to buy him several small balls. I asked him why. He said with all eagerness, “I’m going to make planets, dad.” I said, “That sounds like fun but can we do it tomorrow? I have to go to work later.” He replied, “Okay.” Then he added quickly, “Work again?” I just smiled back as we finished the last Peach ice cream.

The little boy that made each day start with fireworks.

Love is everywhere. Love lights up the planet and the entire Solar System.

As I was preparing for work, my wife pulled me excitedly and whispered, “I need to show you something.” She then showed me a card my son made for her. I asked her, “What’s it for” She said, “Well, he made it after I reprimanded him for being unreasonably upset.” I asked her curiously, “Why? What happened?” She explained to me that he taught him the 8 planets of the Solar system. My son then drew the planets but ended up with 11 planets. When my wife tried to correct him, he got upset and acted all mad. My wife firmly reprimanded him. She explained to him that his actions were unacceptable. She also told him that she needs to correct his actions because she wants him to be a “good boy” and that she cares for him a lot. He went to his room followed by silence. An hour later, he came out and handed my wife a card which he made from scratch. When my wife opened the card, she felt a tug in her heart. He drew a heart and wrote, “I love mom.” It was his way of saying that he was sorry and that he cares for his mom too. We were both touched by his simple, yet pure gesture of love.

This Valentine's Day, do something simple, something creative, something personal, something that reflects the depth of your heart.

Love is getting out of our way to make someone feel special. It may be cooking for your spouse his/her favorite meal, or learning with your child the solar system and the wonders of the world, or it can be a homemade card or love letter filled with warm thoughts and affection. Everyday can be a Valentine’s Day. Again, it only takes a bit of your time, a wide imagination and a generous outpouring of affection.

What’s your unforgettable Valentine’s story? What loving gesture you made or someone did for you that warmed your heart with so much love?

Wishing everyone tons of genuine love on Valentine’s day and everyday.

This entry was posted in Life, Love, parenting, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

142 Responses to Simple Expressions Of Love

Such a lovely story about your family. Love can be expressed so simply and I was touched by the kiss and hand-holding between your parents, and the card your son made.

• Thank you. When I was re-reading the post and looking at the pictures, I can’t help but be grateful for the love that was given to me in the past and today. I may not be materially rich but I’m rich with love and inspiration. In the end , I think that’s all we need, right?

Love can be simple if we allow it to be.

3. mj monaghan says:

Fantastic moment with your wife and son. The fact that he made the card is so cool. Great story!

Simple love is all we need :)

5. dadirri7 says:

an inspiring story that gives us hope for the future of our world! thanks island traveler for sharing your family love with all of us :D

• It was an honor to be a testament to my parent’s love and dedication to each other. They are the source of inspiration for me and my other married siblings. They make us believe in ourselves that love can endure any test of time, that at the end of our journey, we’ll be holding the same hands that held us when we were young and met cupid for the first time. Thank you for sharing.

6. MikeP says:

Yes… the expression of love is always present… a card, note, hug. It is a daily reminder to forget what happened yesterday and deal with the present. My …job… teacher… and believe it or not ’1st grade’. The smiles , the tears, the never ending notes and especially the hugs at the end of the day from the worst offenders…. :-)

• Wow, you probably have an exciting day pretty much all the time. I’m guessing you’re getting a lot of cards and notes this Valentine’s Day. I’m always a fan of teachers, without you guys, we won’t be who we are now. The knowledge and wisdom you shared are invaluable and priceless. Thanks…

7. barb19 says:

Love is simple – it doesn’t have to be complicated; children demonstrate this to us every day because they keep it simple – like your son did with the card for his mom.
    Your parents were a fine example that love can and does, last forever.

• Thanks Barb. I was touched by my son’s homemade card. He even cut a heart shape paper, colored it red and paste on the card. It made feel like the luckiest parent in the World. As for my parents, they will always inspire me to be pursue love…and make sure it last forever.

Great post as always.The simple word and attitude is best way to love other people. :)

• Thank you. So right. Simple words and attitude are the best way to express our love to those we care about. It’s in simplicity that sincerity and genuiness becomes more real and transparent.

9. semprevento says:

love…..
    love is a wonderful thing … but you know perfectly!
    … I am touched. is wonderful to know that there are people who love each other so much! and are happy
    Bacio kiss
    vento

• When it boils down to the barest essentials, love is the only thing that matters. From personal experience, when I’m at my lowest moments, when trials comes in succession, it’s love that pulls me through. Thanks for the sweet comments. Wishing days of joys and abundant love….

10. Isabella Lo says:

Thank you for sharing. Have your son seen this video?

Enjoy.

• This is so cool. I will show it to him. i didn’t even know that Pluto is no longer part of our Solar system . I was told it was taken from the list 3 years ago. I asked myself, “where was I when this all happened.” Oh, well better late than never. Thank you.

11. Gilly Gee says:

You’re hopelessly romantic and its wonderful!

12. Beatiful photos…thank you for visit my blog

13. Pingback: Simple Expressions Of Love | this man's journey

14. jakesprinter says:

Very romantic post my friend i love it :)

15. cobbies69 says:

Nice selection of simply love says it all..;)

16. yen says:

This is such a sweet post, Sir! I’m blessed to read about your parents’ love and marriage. Your son is such an adorable boy.

17. Thank you. I wish we can celebrate our parents wedding anniversaries as often as we want too. It simply brings everyone close to each other and giving everyone a chance to express their gratitude and love for one another. My sisters are thinking of another celebration 5 years from now. can’t wait. Have a blessed day….best wishes to your family.

18. Cheryl says:

Oh Mr. B. I’ve been waiting and watching for your interpretation of this week’s challenge. Your wonderful post and images made my eyes wet … so much love in your life, but unlike so many others out here, you are completely tuned into, aware of and deeply appreciative of all that love. You give as much as you get!!! Astounding.

• Now you made me teary eyed my friend with such a heartfelt comment. Whether I admit it or not, it was love that sustained me all this years, from my parents and siblings, to my wife and son, to my in-laws (Yes, the are awesome too.So lucky, right?), to my friends…and that includes the kindness from the blogroll friends that journeyed with me since day one. Thank you. I truly appreciate comments like this . Stay blessed and best wishes to your family.

19. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge : Simple « Cheryl Andrews

20. Elyse says:

Lovely story of your lovely family. Thanks for sharing it with me on a cold winter’s morning. :)

21. Sabina Brave says:

I also believe, that true love can be timeless. I didn’t find it till now, but I believe, that it’ll come some day. :)
    Wonderful Sunday to you and your lovely family :)

• Thanks my friend. Yes, I do believe too that love will come your way soon. It’s something that comes as destiny planned for us (don’t we all wish it comes sooner, right?). It will surprise you when you least expect it. You have a generous heart that’s hard to resist. Wishing you the best and a life filled with abundant love and joy!

22. Did you know a 40th anniversary is a Ruby anniversary? What an elegant picture of your parents on their 41st just like at a wedding.

• Yes, it was their Ruby anniversary. Perfect color that symbolize love and passion. My mom cried when each of us gave a short message of gratitude and affection. It was a touching event. Thanks for sharing .

23. winsomebella says:

You have such a knack for telling stories that tug at the heart…..lovely.

24. wolke205 says:

“..Love can be timeless..” I m a romantic woman and I do hope the love between me & my hubby to be will last forever..through all the up’s & down’s…

Valentines Day can be nice, but I think it s better to show the ones you love that you do every day, not only on one ;) But for sure no one would say no to a lovely candle-light-dinner or some beautiful flowers that day :)

“..Love is everywhere..” Yes it is & we all “wif” your posts!

Best regards, hugs.

• You made me smile with this thoughts, “..Love is everywhere..” Yes it is & we all “wif” your posts!” I “wif” your post too and the inspiration it brings everyday. Thanks for sharing. Always comes from a generous heart. Wishing you a wonderful day.

25. Frank Bishop says:

Congrats to them on their 41, that is no easy feat.

Sweet pictures as always.

Poor pluto.

• I know, poor Pluto. We adored this planets for decades and now its no longer part of the Solar system . Makes me feel sad that it’s be outcast. Thanks and cool post on the “puppets.”

26. judithhb says:

Lovely lovely post. I spent 41 years with my soul mate before he died and know that my two children had out love and friendship as reference when they went out into the world to choose their own life partners.

• I’m sorry to hear that. You have their wonderful memories to warm your heart when loneliness creeps. We are here, you blogger friends to share your days , your thoughts and heart’s longings. Made me think of my parents. I know that they yearn for us kids to go back, may be live close by someday….I wish and pray for the same too. In the end , what is important is the quality time we spend with our love ones. That we were able to love, give and made them happy. Thanks for the heartfelt thoughts my friend. I wish all the love, joy and peace….

27. What a beautiful post – my parents have had (and continue to have) a long and loving marriage (49 years this year) and I am inspired by them. Love doesn´t need to be diamonds and fireworks, hand made cards and loving words and gestures are far more meaningful.

28. Kate Kresse says:

lovely love-filled post. wonderful, wonderful glimpse into yet another joyous day in your family. hugs to all of you

• Thank you. Because of my family I appreciate , live and value “love” everyday…sometimes its that one thing that sustains me. Wishing you and your family life’s blessings of love and happiness.

29. pix & kardz says:

such touching stories. my favourite is the one about your son writing the card for his mom. good on him – and at the same time, how rewarding it must be that he recognized the gift of love he was receiving even while being corrected and disciplined. that speaks of a wisdom beyond his years.
    this has been simply a heart-warming post! thank you for sharing.
    blessings to you for the week ahead.

30. jeanne says:

The photograph of your parents is especailly lovely…My husband and I were married on Valentines Day…we will celebrate 23rd anniversary this year.

31. Pingback: Parents: Have You Told Your Kids? « Positive Parental Participation

32. Arindam says:

“Valentine’s Day is all about showing our love and appreciation to the people whom we shared our lives with. People who stood by us in moments of struggles. People who inspired us to do things we didn’t thought possible. People who helped us believe in ourselves and reach for our dreams. People who touched our heart, helped it beat, feel and come alive once again.”- this part says it all.
    This post is as beautifully as people believe love is. The post is a simple and beautiful way to express what is love all about. It feels great when I come across people like your parent. Yes Love stays forever…. and I am going to completely agree with this statement. As always beautifully written post. Give my respect to your parents. As always best wishes to you and your family bro. May you people always stay connected through this thread of love.

• Thanks Bro. It’s always enriching to hear from you. It keeps me motivated. My parents and my in-laws inspires me to work harder in the love alive . In my generation, it is harder to keep that passion burning.There are more stress, more pressures, it’s a different world. If we don’t keep track of ourselves, it’s easy to get lost and be numb to materialism of the 20th century.I’m glad the we have our blogs to keep us constantly in check of our hearts and mind. It helps us reflect and prioritize. It makes us think and feel more than ever. I wish you and your family all the best intentions and blessings.

33. Lovely. These cards & notes that children write us are the worlds most wonderful things. Absolute treasure.

34. Nandini says:

Beautiful post. A definite smile-bringer. Love is the essence. :)

35. thirdhandart says:

Congratulations to your parents on 41 years of happiness! Such long lasting love is truly inspirational.

• Thank you. My sister told me that we should celebrate our parents wedding anniversary 5 years from now. I don’t know what they call it then. The last time it was “Ruby” Anniversary. Regardless of what’s it called I believe we all need to celebrate as often as we can our parents special events, more as they get older. We need to celebrate each loving moment with them as as often as we can, as long as we can. Life is not infinite. It’s unpredicable. The “now” we have with them should always be memorable. Thank you for sharing . Best wishes to you and your family.

36. thedailydish says:

This simple “Love” post is putting me in the mood for the holiday. I love Valentine’s Day, but being able to shower my family in kindness and affection is what keeps me going daily.

• I share your wonderful and loving thoughts when your wrote, “being able to shower my family in kindness and affection is what keeps me going daily.” Just words flowing from a beautiful and generous heart. Thank you. Wishing you and your family love, peace and lots of happiness.

37. thirdeyemom says:

Endless love is a treasure indeed and a rare find.

• There was a time when I was younger that I equate love with romance but as I get older, I realized and discovered that there is a much a greater love that exist among people, between a husband and wife, a parent and her/his child, between siblings, between friends and between the God that love us first…All this inspires me to wake up each day and face what life has to offer. Thanks for sharing and best wishes to you and your love ones.

38. Patti Kuche says:

That little boy of yours is such a sweetie, even if he does get the grumps now and then. Which happens to us all – love is indeed a soft and special landing place. Congratulations to your parents and how lovely to see the pride you and your family take in their togetherness!

• I’m going home this year. Yipee!!! Finally I get to hug them in person after not physically seeing them for more than 3 years. I miss them like crazy. I spent 31 beautiful and loving years with them before I migrated to another country. I can no longer get back the lost years but I can sure make the most of every minute of what’s left. Yes, I’m proud and fortunate that they are my parents…they are God’s precious gift to me. Thank you for such heartfelt and generous comment. I truly appreciate that. Wishing you and your family all the love in the world…

39. Your words always inspire and your posts are such a journey. Thank you so much for sharing your world with us.

• It’s a pleasure and an honor to share my journey to all the wonderful and talented bloggers who to this day shared their time and heart not just to me but also to the other bloggers out there. It’s a humbling experience. Teaches me to be generous each day. Thanks for sharing and wishing you all the best.

40. Amar Naik says:

beautiful post

• Thanks. I’ve been trying to find your wordpress site…what is it? If you don’t mind. I try my best to go back and look into the blog of those who shared their thoughts and time with my blog. It’s a great way to show thoughtfulness and gratitude.

41. Cris says:

I tried Liking you, but it wouldn’t let me, so, consider yourself Liked.

Feel free to visit me at f-stop fantasy:
    ( https://fstopfantasy.wordpress.com/ )

42. Pingback: Understanding the Hard Road | Matthewscottwallace's Blog

• Sometimes, there are things that Science can’t explain. Yes, they probably would say, “love” is just a bunch of body chemicals in hyperdrive bringing us a sense of elation and joy but once those chemicals and hormones are back to their normal zone, undeniably, their is still that strong , lingering feeling that we care, and that people in our lives matters. Thanks for sharing.

I came here earlier and loved your story here and got distracted before I could leave you a message!
    So, I’m back! Your story is a fine example about the importance of parenting by example. Your parents, by their good examples in expressing love, filtered down to you, and now the waterfall of goodness flows down to your son. AWESOME!
    Thank you!

• This is beautiful, “Your parents, by their good examples in expressing love, filtered down to you, and now the waterfall of goodness flows down to your son.” I think in a way all of us( our parents included and the parents before their generation), tried our best in expressing love and goodness to our children not only because that is what our heart is telling us but also because we hope that our children will do the same in their generation. Thank you for the generous and expressive thoughts. Have a blessed day.

I don’t actually prepare “a lot” for Valentines Day for the reason that giving my time for my family on that very day is what matters most. Since we got married, we always stay in the house, cook tons of Bicol and Ibanag dishes, and hug and kiss all day. The ordinary things just become extraordinary when I’m with my son and wife. Like you, I am such a busy person too so TIME — enveloped with love — is what I give my family. I go out for adventure in the arms of nature from time to time but I also make sure that the most important persons in my life are not neglected but nurtured. My wife has always been supportive of me and we have stood for each other in unimaginable hard times. I just can’t quantify how much I heart them SIMPLY because they complete me. We only go outdoors for some nature tripping during our anniversary. My wife and I believe that staying at home to celebrate that special day by doing the stuff I stated earlier makes the day most unforgettable. Seeing how truly happy she (and my little boy, of course) is with being in my arms all these years despite the odds is what boils my heart in a positive way.

Bro, it’s only you who could bring out the Wandering Feet’s soft side. You’re just SIMPLY one inspirational father/blogger who can make someone speak from his heart. You made me confident at sharing the beautiful things about love, which is now comforting for me. Thank you for that!

God bless your family.

PS

I’d like you to know that I’d be expecting another angel/baby by June this year. Thanks to the Aura up there for giving me another trophy. YEHEY!!!

• First, congratulations for God’s gift of new life to you and your wife. Nothing compares to having a baby in this world. I so happy for you. What can be more lucky this year that having a adorable baby in your arms. keep me posted. I wish you’re close by so we can throw a surprise baby shower for your wife. As for expressing love for family, I used to be shy about it before…when I was younger, but now, I just let it be. Life’s too short not to live in love and expressing that love. I thought before it make’s a man more vulnerable but now I realized that it’s his strength and it’s the one thing that will pull him through life’s challenges. This stuck with me, “The ordinary things just become extraordinary when I’m with my son and wife. ” You are so right. 2012 all about our families and the loving, happy memories we share with the. God bless you and your family too. Thanks for all the encouragement and generous thoughts…

45. Madman says:

Simple excellence! You got it all right, love :-)

46. MrTheKidd says:

Lovely photos, very moving and colourful. Thanks for the pingback!

47. My daughters up to now believed that there are still 9 planets out there, and not 8.
    Even at different ages, your son and my daughters have a different way of looking at the universe…:o)

• Isn’t that amazing how kids of similar ages can look and believe differently? But it’s these individual uniqueness that makes them so adorable and beautiful in their own way. Honestly, I forgot some of the planet names. That’s the problem of being an adult, we get engrossed with our responsibilities, we forgot the simple joys and fascinations in life. Thank God we have our kids helps us go back to the basics of everything. Thanks. Have a blessed day.

48. Caroline says:

Oh that’s a simply wonderful message. I even got a little chocked up reading this. It’s not the expensive gifts and huge flower displays that show love. It’s the simple moments and gestures to show someone we care.

• Making this post made me realize a lot of things. Things I already know but has forgotten from all the pressures of being an adult, having to deal with the world’s demands everyday. This post opened my heart, eyes and mind to what is really important in my life. It made me value more the people who stood by me and love me without limits throughout the years. People who reminded me that love do exist and that I can live in love everyday no matter what. Sometimes it takes a reflection, a post, a reading , of someone saying a loving gesture or two for us to remember…and for that I’m always grateful. Thanks…Best wishes.

49. Barb says:

A wonderful message and tender tribute to love and its endurance. How wonderful that your son was able to see this modeled and lived out.

50. nelson RN says:

Such a wonderful post! I was a bit teary-eyed reading your story, especially on the part when your son handed over the card. That’s really touchy coz I also have a small boy who is as sweet, but I don’t get to appreciate his sweetness much. Thank you for sharing your story. Great pictures too.

51. Pingback: More Awards ☀ ღ ✌ ђคթթץ « MindBlur

52. Connie Wayne says:

Congratulations on your recent nomination for the Hope Unites Globally HUG Award. To accept the award, please visit and follow the HUG Award Guidelines at http://ahopefortoday.com/2012/01/14/hope-unites-globally-hug-award-guidelines/. Please continue to let me know the names of persons and/or sites you nominate for this award by posting a comment on the HUG Award Guidelines page at http://ahopefortoday.com. May you be blessed as you continue the positive work you do for the good of all humanity.
    Blessings, Connie

• Thanks Connie.I’m honored but more importantly, I’m happy that you shared such an award. The world does need hope. It also needs all the love and healing it can get. And all these, we need as much people as possible. I will check out the award’s details. Stay blessed and best wishes…

53. Island Traveler,
    Thank you visiting my blog and for always leaving your very gracious comments. You are very thoughtful. I can see by this story why you are. You have been raised by very loving parents who showed you by example the ways to love someone that has captured your heart. Your wife and family are truly blessed because you learned what you needed in order to give them what they needed.
    Your story is about love a subject that may be complicated for many but you have shown that it can be very “Simple” if you just show another your heart without conditions.
    A wonderful entry for the challenge. Well done …
    Blessings,
    Isadora

• Thanks Isadora. Beautiful comments as always. This touch me the most, “it can be very “Simple” if you just show another your heart without conditions.” Love knows no bounds, it’s going beyond for those we care about. It’s selfless. Nowadays, we tend to forget what “love” means because of the world’s pressures and with the jaded commercialism attached to Valentine’s Day and the other holidays.Good thing we have chances like these to reflect and remember.

54. I absolutely love this post my friend. From the beautiful flowers to all the reds that pop up in this post. Red can truly be an amazing color and I really enjoyed this post :)

• Red will always remind of Love and all the wonderful feelings and memories that goes with it. Thank you. Advance Valentine’s Day….I bet you got something beautiful for us on your posts about it….

55. Jo Bryant says:

a great story and such a terrific selection of photos

56. 2e0mca says:

Love is the simplest of emotions – it only becomes complicated when we try to understand it! Nice post – love the 11 planet story ;-)

• So right my friend. We should not try to understand it. What we need is to submit to its spell and enjoy it to our hearts delight. Love is a gift and we should do our best to nurture and treasure it. It’s a blessing worth fighting and even dying for…okay had to stop now…I’m getting into my sensitive side…Thanks for sharing.

57. Barbara Rodgers says:

What a touching card your son made for his mom! It warms my heart, as I know it did hers…

Little ones can be so sweet and direct. One day many years ago my small son found me crying because I had just learned that a roll of film of our vacation pictures was lost in the mail. (This was back before the wonders of digital cameras.) I explained to him why I was upset and then went downstairs to do some laundry. When I came back upstairs he had drawn a picture of us all on the train climbing Mount Washington. He gave it to me and said now I would have a vacation picture to keep forever. Then I really started crying, but this time with joy over his loving gesture.

• I would get teary eyed too if my son would lovingly draw me a family vacation picture symbolizing the happy times we had as a family….that is just one priceless, full of love family story. Thank you. Stories like this reminds me that love can manifest in the most simple yet meaningful way. Wishing your family the best.

This is a heartwarming post and as always, you are a master at pulling our heart strings. Love this! By the way, I left a comment during that glitch time… ;-)

59. Cafe23 says:

Aww, this is so sweet. So many sweet stories I’m reading on WordPress today :)
    That card woulda made me cry! Beautiful :)

• Thank you. Love is a beautiful emotion, feeling , even as a state of mind…it makes us feel truly human…it inspires us to do things that we once thought impossible. Thank you. Love stories…always makes me smile. It gives me hope that I can be happy regardless of the challenges I face everyday.

60. deeceecres says:

Reblogged this on Self-Declaration and commented: <3
    Indeed, love is timeless.

61. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Oh, Island Traveller, you are so on the money here. (exchange ‘money’ for ‘love’) :)

It is so shining brilliant your folks have been together 41 years. That’s so, so precious. I’m not sure how long a marriage “these days” would really last… Personally, if I ever married again – it wouldn’t be some dreamy notion or the like, it would be a down to earth true and sincere heartfelt oneness that wants to grow old with.

Your post is beautiful, just beautiful.

N

• I would like to believe that love can be forever. My parents showed me that, so did my in-laws. Life is is hard, marriage is no joke…it’s an everyday roller coaster ride but at the end of the day it’s our love that renews our body and mind. Apart from it, I don’t think I can make it…. God bless you my friend. My thoughts and prayers with you and your son….

62. deeceecres says:

Now, I see. Why complicate love if there’s a simpler way?
    :,) two thumbs up!!

63. jhirzel88 says:

I hate Valantines Day! I wrote myself a hate letter about it which I never posted. Well, it all started last year. I tried calling my friend on the phone, whom I hang out with and went to dances with. She never responded, and she only answered her phone once, then she never talked to me again. It’s just terrible, but it’s been years since we last spoke. I called her on Valantines Day and she hung up on me. I called her back a day later and her dad picked up, then he told me the bad news. I could barely sleep that night. I wasn’t like…sad or anything, but I couldn’t help but wonder why she didn’t like me anymore? Was it something I said the first time I called her? I got no idea.

• Love can cause us heartaches. I know the feeling of rejection because when in high school, I was in a similar scenario. It hurts. But we should not give up on finding love. If I did, I would have not met my wife. I wish that you’ll find your inspiration and possible love soon…destiny has its way of bringing people together.

64. Thank you for making me see love from different perspectives. Have a great Valentine’s Day!

65. The Real Life Adventures of a College Student says:

Amazing Post! definitely made my heart warm!

66. I really enjoyed reading your heartwarming post of your family’s true love for one another. You all are simply blessed in every way.Thank you for using your light to brighten up the world. Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours! I would like to say Congratulations and Best Wishes to your parents for many more years of married bliss. Take care and be blessed.

• Thank you. Those words sounded so warm and wonderful. Happy Valentine’s Day too. I wish you and your family all the love and happiness on this occasion and everyday.My parents keeps my feet grounded and my heart always inspired by the love they shown me through the years….Take care and all blessings to you always.

67. This is one sweet post IT! You have a generous heart, and it shows in each post that you write. I’m touched by your heartfelt words. And your son’s card is just precious. He is a true blessing! Nonetheless, your parent’s love for each other is a beautiful example of how love endures no matter what the challenges. Love does conquer all. After all, it’s not about how much we have, but how much we love. :)

• My friend, your words will always inspire me, ” Love does conquer all. After all, it’s not about how much we have, but how much we love. ” I agree, its how much we gave and shared that in “love” that matters in the end. This is what our love ones will remember and cherish. Happy Valentine’s Day…wishing you life’s wonderful blessings.

68. I felt that in my heart.. no words are necessary. Granny Gee

69. 7theaven says:

I was touched with this post.

Yes, Love lasts forever, and it happens many times, but the Long lasting one, that’s only once.

I guess it’s called “true love” or something :)

Do something simple on V-day, it will go a loooong long way

• I agree….to me simple means spending quality time with my wife and son…perhaps a dinner…a movie or both…..may be a visit to his favorite playground where my son enjoys running around. It’s how we spend that time that makes them feel special. Thank you. Have V-day too and best wishes to your family.

70. Judy says:

This is a LOVE~LY post. From your parents’ long term loving marriage (congrats to them, BTW!), to your loving family, caring for your son and his feelings, this is the perfect Valentine~
    Thanks for sharing some delightful insights…

Thank you very, very much for another truely uplifting post. Valentine’s day is getting pretty close now. I’m sure you and your family are going to make it a special day no matter what. Best wishes to you all! You really are an inspiration to many.

72. Thank you. This Saturday my son got sick with a stomach virus…he got well that afternoon, as I promised him, we went to buy his “Beyblade” top spinner. He was so happy. My Valentine’s Day is when I’m with him and his mom. As long as we’re together, it’s a special occasion. Wishing you and your family all the blessings in life…Happy Valentine’s Day my friend.