Hope That Love Will Find Us

Pounding straight from Weekly Photo Challenge is another moving theme called “Hope.” In a world that needed so much healing, compassion and love this theme came at a perfect time.

Hope That Love Will Find Us

Most of us at one point in our lives hoped that our one true love will find us. For some it came swiftly with fireworks and all. For others it took years, perhaps starting as friendship ending with a vow that will seal a love enduring all odds in life.

When you find that one person you want to share your life with, to share each setting of the sun, to dream and grow old...then you know love has found you.

Everyone has a love story to tell. Each one is unique and beautiful in their own way. However our story goes, one thing we have in common, it is the happiest moment of our lives. That feeling of floating on air, face all glowing and a heart bursting with joy will never be forgotten. It’s that very feeling that will inspire us to go above and beyond so we will hopefully spend the rest of our lives with that one person who swept us off our feet.

Hope That Love Will Endure Despite Of Imperfections

To gaze towards the sea, holding the hand of that one person that completes you is an absolute bliss.

After the romance, reality begins. First comes the pressures of parenthood, then a house with a ridiculously priced mortgage, then a car upgrade to fit the growing family, then the pursue to get a better paying job requiring more stress, then more bills and responsibilities that never seems to end. On certain moments they can drive you to a transient crazy spin but in the end, something powerful brings back your sanity.  These are just a few test of true love. Oh, yeah! There are more. Call it the twisted witch curse that a lot of fairy tales are inflicted with. How we face these obstacles with our other half will decide if we’ll make it through the storm and madness. In all these, the hope that love will endure despite of imperfections inspires us to give every inch of what we got. After all, true love is worth shedding every ounce of our strength. To fight for it till our last breath. Insane? Not to the one who believes in love without question.

Hope gives you a reason to celebrate each sunset...

Hope That Love Passes On With The Future Generations

I try not to watch too much news because mostly what I see are the effects of anger, pride, deceit, greed and hate. So instead, I try to concentrate on the hopeful side of things. And for that, I don’t even have to go far to find a source of inspiration. Everyday, my son’s bright and optimistic view on things gives me hope that for as long as there are children like him out there, this world will never ran out of love and reasons to fall in love. For every child that smiles, laughs and melts your heart, a hope that love passes on with the future generation is born.

Meet my newborn niece. Full of hope and possibilities. With every birth comes a new hope for a better life. For every being born today, a new generation with more heart to love generously, embrace peace and share happiness to those around them is created. They give us hope that they will have the chance to correct the wrongs we made during our time.

Hope That Love Will Be Genuinely Pure And Real

One day while checking my son’s school bag, I saw a note. It was a simple sweet letter  from my son’s favorite “girl” friend. She drew a boy and named it after my son and drew a girl with a red heart and named it after her. Then she wrote below it, “For my friend Adrian.” I smiled. It was a beautiful expression of innocent love and affection among children. The next day, not to be outdone, he too drew himself and his friend complete with armies to protect her from the bad people and zombies. He then made a simple note, “To my friend Bea…”

After a week of car pooling of my son and his friend, I decided to bring him to school myself. I was in fact so exited to walk him to his classroom. Then when we were about to leave the house he asked, “Where’s Bea?” I told him that her mom already brought her to school and that I would be driving him myself. He looked at me with the saddest eyes and  started to cry. He sobbed so hard I had to get out of my sit and hug him. I told him, “It’s alright. Stop crying now. We’ll tell Bea’s mom tomorrow that she will pick you up so you can be together.” Like words of magic, he stopped crying, wiped his tears and smiled shyly. I didn’t say anything anymore. At that point I kind of knew what he felt and I simply smiled back as I headed to the driver’s seat. As we head towards his school, I told myself, “I was once like him.” I knew right there and then that the cycle of life and love has started its course.

Children love purely. It's non-pretentious, real, unrestricted, freely given, in total surrender. When they hug you after a days work, their love renews you in the most wonderful way.

What gives you hope? What do you hope for? Has love found you yet? If not, don’t give up. It will. At times it comes in the most surprising way and when it does fireworks will light up the sky…

Summer Sky At Galveston Bay...

This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, Love, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

139 Responses to Hope That Love Will Find Us

1. That was beautiful and so insightful…..very, very special…thank you…. : ) kathy

2. Sabina Brave says:

It’s beautiful :)

3. Connie T says:

I like your hope photos. It is nice that you have such love in your life.

Lovely thoughts and photos!

5. Thank you for including my blog in this post! I am full of hope for the future and meeting people like you only strengthens my resolve to live in love every day!

6. cobbies69 says:

Great collection….;)

7. Arindam says:

“I was once just like your son. Then life started its course. It was one of the most beautiful, sweet and honest post I ever read. I really do not have words to describe how good is this post of yours. Neither I will try, I just thank you for this one.
    “Everyone has a love story to tell. Each one is unique and beautiful in their own way. “- it was a statement I always say to my friends. :) It’s so true. Bro now onward I will try to see hopeful things rather then spending my free time with news channel.

8. Gilly Gee says:

absolutely lovely!

9. Congratulations to the the new cousin, uncle and aunt! How exciting…so much hope for a wonderful future.

I Hope you keep writing for a long time. Your stories are wonderful and so special :)

• Thank you. Writing keeps me going…like an outlet for all the love , heart aches, joys and pain…it’s one place I can be myself other than when I’m at home. It’s a place I find kind words of encouragement such as this one. So, I’m hoping to write for as long as I’m blessed with a clear mind, an able hands and a heart that feels all sorts of emotions.

11. tmso says:

The newborn is truly a symbol of hope. Great pictures.

12. Pingback: Don’t Hope, Friend…Decide! | Elena's Inspirations

13. Jo Bryant says:

these are great – congrats on the new niece…

14. Elyse says:

Beautiful, as always, IT. And congratulations on the new niece, she clearly belongs in your beautiful family.

• Thank you. Children makes our world truly merry and hopeful. When I look at my niece’s face…I see a future filled with laughter, happiness, of hope for peace and serenity…of better things for all…

15. aRVee says:

Great post my friend, as always…

…then there’s your son, the ever pure and real heart that child has, now I remember 2 things, the “No shoes” and the “WIF’ word, haha…

On picture number 1: such a beautiful couple… :)

By the way, a warm welcome to your niece and congrats!

• Thanks aRVee. Always a joy to read your comment. Yes, the “No Shoes and WIF” will always be special to me…how will I ever forget? One day, when I’m old…this events will bring a smile , perhaps even a tear of how beautiful life was…God bless you my friend and your wonderful family.

16. Maggie L R says:

Beautifully written post. Hope is such a positive feeling, I “hope” That we all keep on hoping for more love, more friends, more time with family .

• I hope too “That we all keep on hoping for more love, more friends, more time with family.” Just inspiring words that makes me appreciate all the more the people who are dear to me. Thank you.

17. Frank Bishop says:

Yeah, news is the damn devil.
    The fact that people like my writing gives me hope, or seeing my fiancee’s face light up when I come home. That makes me warm and tingly inside.

Good post.

• The simple pleasures in life, the ones that makes us feel warm, tingly, happy,loved, even at peace with ourselves are the ones that are most valuable. At the end of the day, these are the ones that keeps us going. Wishing you all the love and success….Thank you.

18. Kate Kresse says:

what a delightful, lovely post. Your son loves so completely and purely. What gives me hope? God, my husband and son, other loving relatives and friends, blogs and bloggers that have their values and priorities exactly as they should…like you…thanks for being joyously you.

• Thanks for sharing generously. Yes, like you, it’s God, wife and son, parents and siblings, my in-laws and their family ,relatives, friends, the people who inspires me like the other bloggers and even the people I meet each day who that makes me feel hopeful. These are the people who inspire me to face each day with optimism.

19. Steve says:

Some really beautiful thoughts here, thank you for that. I’m very hopeful that the path I’m on continues, because I’m very happy. So much of what you said is comforting even though I don’t need it.

What a lovely story. I may find my hope among my family. :)

21. Everyone has a love story to tell – at least I hope so?

22. mysterycoach says:

aawwww…. this is soooo beautiful. Oooh… little fella has his first well, crush? That’s so cute. That is so precious. It describes perfectly, in a very unperfect world, how many people don’t grasp this whole … thing about love.

(p.s. I don’t read the headlines or watch the news either. Makes me feel bad. I know bad things are going on in the world, I don’t need it all shoved up my nose on a daily basis. Hurts my heart really.)

• Same here. I don’t want to live in a negative way just because there are so many negativity around the world as the news portrays. I still believe that there are still good, honest, decent and loving people out there. I met a few friends who are truly real, of family members who cares and help without expecting anything in return, of strangers who would help selflessly.Of course there are the bad elements too….I’m sure you meet them in your work more than once but I refuse to have that pull me down. Life’s too short to dwell on the negativity of the past. So much awaits today and tomorrow…Stay cool always.

23. You have such a wonderful way with words………..

• Thank you. Sometimes I wake up so inspired I just need to write them…life is good no matter how much trials we face each day….seeing my son and wife alone is more than enough to celebrate life and to live in love. Stay blessed always.

24. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge : Hope « Cheryl Andrews

25. Wonderful take on Hope, beautiful thoughtful words and great photos. Thank you. Also congratulations on the HUG award. :-)

• Thank you. I may not have listed everyone, but my heart wish to share the “HUG” award to all who visited my blog and has been a part of my blogging journey. All the wonderful blessings to you and your family.

26. amira says:

the best depiction of hope is with children … :)

• I agree 100%. Children believe with all their heart. They believe without fail that their dreams will come true. Their faith is unwavering. Their love is pure and in total trust. All these…just an inspiration of hope for all of us. Thank you.

27. wolke205 says:

How beautiful…your posts always touch my heart, thank you for my friend…

• Your welcome and thank you for the beautiful words of appreciation. Writing this post made me realize that despite of the woes in life…I have love to sustain me through it all. And honestly, that’s pretty much all I need. Material things can come and go but love of family will last forever.

28. thedailydish says:

The hope for love.. You always write the most perfect posts and this is no exception.

29. Caroline says:

I loved the sweet story with your son and his “girl” friend. Children are so honest and (normally) pure when they are young. Lovely words to inspire hope.

30. Freedomborn says:

Hi island traveler when you share from your heart it touches mine thank you , Love, Hope, Joy , Peace, like the fruit of the Spirit they are one.

People have asked me … if God offers Hope.. .then why is it a 100% conviction in ‘Him’? …I ask then if they have ever been passionate about something … I mean really passionate or have they known others who are ? besides me of course in response to my Awesome God. I mean someone really on fire for what they believe or cherish, perhaps Conservation, World Peace, Sport, Elvis, Grandchildren a Woman or Man in love… out comes the photos or brag book, eyes are bright, smiles exuberance, excitement, nothing is better and if it’s a loved one, they can do no wrong, perhaps they do but they don’t care they love them. They think about what or who they are passionate about most of the time, they talk about it or them, they defend them or it, they fight for them, they want to be with them or participate and be involved in what they hold as extremely important, they never weary of listening to them or hearing about it, there loyalty never wavers, they are 100% committed and they are absolutely in no way luke -warm.

Why does God ask for this 100% of us in regard to Him ( see below ) is it because He is egotistical….Passion is one of the faces of True Love, God’s Love reflects it’s intensity but there is so much more…so why does God ask us to seek Him with all our heart, because we need to and in doing so we will find true contentment and fulfilment, we need to Love fully, we need to give all, any less will leave us wanting, we were Created to Love 100% and God’s Love is Sacrificial, Constant, Faithful, Committed, Loyal and never ending, it is not at all Saccharine sweet, that leaves a bitter after taste or is it watered down, cold or luke -warm. When we Love God 100% we will Love ourselves and others and be at Peace, but we can’t have God’s Love without God, because we ask Him for it and He gives it to us and then as we walk in it and it overflows and cleanses and heals us.

Jeremiah 29:12-14 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the LORD:

Matthew 22 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great Commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt Love thy Neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Christian Love Anne.

• God is love…I knew it then , still know it now. I just wish I can find that path again where I love God 100%….I’m trying, one day at a time. So much has happened in my life for the past 5 years. Things that are too painful to talk about. A lot of people think I live a “life made in heaven,” not knowing I have my own cross that I carry. There was a time when I trust people without question, particularly people I considered as family but the real world is full of people who can hurt you, who’ll take advantage of your goodness. For awhile I asked God why me, why my family…but he has his own reasons for allowing things to happen, and eventually with prayers and faith, I started to let go and forgive…the wounds are still there but as the years goes by, the pain gets less and less. Loving God is not just a feeling, its a commitment that no matter what, we will stand by him, to follow him without question,to accept his will without looking back, to forgive even if our heart seems to be bleeding from the hurts of bad experiences.Everyday I pray that God will give me the grace to love him with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my mind. I know that I still have a long way to go but there is hope for as long as I try….Thank you for sharing God’s love today. It’s like a blessing from heaven.God bless you and your family always.

• Freedomborn says:

Dear island traveler as I read your reply my heart felt your hurt and yes I understand what you say about being hurt by those you Trust, but let me assure you it was never God’s intention that you were hurt, He did not allow it willingly or cause it to happen, the Scripture below is how He feels about you. I have a hidden Blog that is very priviate you are welcome to share your hurt with me, God tells us to carry each others burdens and to even cry with each other, You are my dear Brother in The Lord, we are family I’m here for you if you need someone who cares to listen.

Lamentations 3: 33 For He doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

Isaiah 43:1-3 – Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of
        Israel, your Saviour.”

Jeremiah 29 :11-12 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Christian Love Anne.

• Thank you Anne for sharing God’s love and promises today. I’m sure that I am not the only who will appreciate this loving and inspiring words. Sometimes we are all too busy trying to survive everyday that we forget why we are on Earth in the first place. Thank you for the gift of faith, of hope and of a Christian love that motivates. When I was in college, I sang the song, “As An Eagles Wings.” Part of it says, ” As an eagles wings, I will make you soar…” I do believe God has the best intentions for me and that he is with me in both the highs and lows of my life…he does for all of us..whether we are aware of it or not. Best wishes to you my friend.

I shuddered in delight when I saw the first pic. :-) Yiiih … I don’t know how’s that supposed to sound.

Anyway, my aside from seeing the sun rising in the morning, shining at noon, and setting at dusk, the beautiful places in the Philippines … my family! They me courage to be strong in this game called LIFE.

• Bro, your are so right, our family gives us the courage in “Life” particularly during the hardest times when our faith is tested, our heart is broken and our body seems to be giving up. It’s our family and the God who loves us all that will help us through anything. Thanks for sharing and I wish you and your family all the love, peace and joy in life…

32. munchow says:

This is a post full of so much warmth – and yes, love. It was so sweet to read about your son’s and his “girlfriend”‘s love story. It was a heart breaker. And as always your photos are excellent. In particular I like the two kids holding hands, but also the beach scene with the two chairs. The graphic is just amazing. It has such a crispness that you can almost feel it. How do you do that?

• Thanks for the super cool comments. Inspires me every time. I love capturing family moments and it’s during this events that it’s easy to capture times of joy, love, of having pain, even those moments of solitude and closeness with my family. I guess it’s kind of like having to have my way of life on camera. Some are happy, some are sad…but whatever it is, it’s being real and passionate about it that makes a big difference. The beach scene with the empty chairs reminded me of all the couples who love each other all their lives , then one day,one of them has to leave our world, then the other follows, soon,there’s just the empty chairs and their memories .I saw it happened to my grandparents. It was sad but then one day, I too will be part of that story.

• munchow says:

The thought of the beach chairs representing the separations of couples who once loved each other, is beautiful, and, yes, sad. But I have reconciled myself with the idea that nothing physical last forever, so we have to be thankful for each moment we get to love and be loved. And even though nothing physical last forever, I still think that if we leave this life with lots of love and compassion behind for to those we cared for, that in itself will live on, and make the world a better place to be. Aggregate love so to speak.

• island traveler says:

“I have reconciled myself with the idea that nothing physical last forever, so we have to be thankful for each moment we get to love and be loved. And even though nothing physical last forever, I still think that if we leave this life with lots of love and compassion behind for to those we cared for, that in itself will live on, and make the world a better place to be.” These said it all my friend why we keep loving and living…even hoping despite of our loss and our hurts. Beautiful , just like the man who captures the world with his beautiful images. Thank you, Munchow and God bless you and your family…

33. eva626 says:

wonderful pictures! your niece looks so adorable! congrats. great post as usuall! !!!

Hope is such a precious word and covers a lot of what we live for; especially love. You did a beautiful job with this challenge as usual. Kudos! ;-)

• Thank you. It came at a time when my family and I are going through an event that is full of hope and at a time when God’s love and that of my family is the only thing that gives me strength. It emboldens my heart to persevere, to go on and just do my best. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way at one point in their lives and so something inside me said, “You do need to let others feel they are not alone too.That is what hope is for. It’s for everyone.”

• eof737 says:

Thinking of you and your family today and sending you prayers and blessings… May God’s light guide, protect and uplift you… Just felt it in my spirit to reach out to you… Be blessed!

• island traveler says:

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. I did need to hear them. This would linger in my heart, “May God’s light guide, protect and uplift you…” God bless you and your love ones always. Wishing you all the love and joy…

So thoughtful. Hope is beautiful. Without it, life will become lifeless. :D

• Ristin my friend…you made my day bright and ready to start in full gear with this words,”Hope is beautiful. Without it, life will become lifeless.” Poetic, moving, emotionally driven…Thank you. Hope keeps our world going, giving light where its dark and where we feel lost…its our lamp in the path we take each day…

Hope is what makes us look forward to a new day. It sets us apart from other living things. It’s part of our humanity. At the sane time, it is a gift bestowed upon us as a people, as a species perhaps.

Thank you for sharing.

• Thank you my friend…love this when you said, “Hope is what makes us look forward to a new day. It sets us apart from other living things. It’s part of our humanity.It is a gift bestowed upon us as a people.” Makes me reflect that despite of the things we all go through everyday, God is still there, ready to lift us up when we fall, a shoulder to cry on when we’re in despair….he keeps our hopes floating…

So good to read your posts. Thank you for sharing. Thank you very much!

• Your welcome. Sharing all these, helps me realize that I am not alone in my journey, that someone , somewhere in the other side of the globe shares a similar struggle, and listen without judgement, who shares their thoughts and kindness without limits…Thank you….God bless you and your family.

38. Simply marvellous post Island Traveller!!! What a fitting theme for the week!!!! Keeping hope, hugs & spirits high!!! :) **

39. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

This is just so, so lovely – and it gives hope. I looked at your newborn niece for a long moment (hope you don’t mind!) because she just seems to be shining. She’s out for the count, completely away you can see by her face, but she’s shining.

This was so lovely. Alas. I have not found “my true love” – do you really think there’s someone for everyone? I just don’t know… Let’s hope I didn’t pass up the one genuine offer.

You do really worthwhile posts. :) N’n.

• island traveler says:

Yes, I thought she was and still is glowing. There’s something beautiful about new borns and infants. So much innocence and goodness. Like they’re angels sent from heaven to give us all hope and happiness. Yes, I do believe that your true love will come. Not maybe now, but God is good and he hears our thoughts and prayers. For now, you have your son, whose love will help you get through life’s challenges. Wishing you and your precious boy all the love, hope, joy, peace in this world…

40. Pingback: Photo Challenge for the week {Hope} « lifebydmagdalene

41. jhirzel88 says:

Yes, true love. That is exactly what I need. I just need someone to conquer my fears of the world, my hate, and my depression. I feel that I should hate something to enjoy life. I hate those birds. I hope to just take away their berries so they can starve to death. I couldn’t possibly do that, nor would I be able to, but that is just an example of how I can hate something to solve things.

I just need someone to talk to all the time, and someone to share comfort with. She would always be there for me. One of these days I’ll find such a woman.

• island traveler says:

One day my friend, that person who will be there for you , who would love you for who you are will come. Having to talk to someone, bring you comfort, be there for you always , in all situations is a beautiful, priceless gift. I hope and pray that such person will come your way one day. Of course, they too need to be love as well. Stay cool always.

42. Isn’t it insightful that love and hope never outdo each other? They make our life better.
    Thanks for the awesome post!

• island traveler says:

They do. Love and hope are like coffee and cream for the heart and soul. They keep us going, glowing and grooving. Stay blessed always .Thank you.

43. Cafe23 says:

Awwwww!! Omg this is so sweet!! Thank you for sharing these beautiful words, stories and photos with us. There is so much hope and love to be found :)

• island traveler says:

Yes, love and hope are everywhere. We just need to open our hearts for it.Yes, we may have our share of heartaches but we should never give up the thought that one day it will come and that happiness can be lived everyday. Have a wonderful day and Thank you.

44. Wonderful thoughts and images, Island Traveler! Your blog is like a breath of fresh air :)

• island traveler says:

Thank you. Reading your comments and all the thoughts of my blogger friends are too like a “breath of fresh” for me everyday. It’s like seeing sunrise and feeling the warmth of its rays. Thank you and God bless you always.

45. suitablefish says:

beautifully done. makes me think of the last line of James Dickey’s poem “The Strength of Fields”

• island traveler says:

I need to find and read this poem. Whenever I read a poem, not only I see someones life but I feel that I’m not alone and not so much different than others. We all felt love, had love, felt hope and lived in hope. Thoughts like these keeps us going. Wishing you all the love and joy. Thank you.

The ultimate hope: We leave a legacy of love to carry on the work in building the kingdom of Heaven as you are currently doing. Thanks my friend!

• island traveler says:

I couldn’t agree more when you said, “The ultimate hope: We leave a legacy of love to carry on the work in building the kingdom of Heaven as you are currently doing.” So true. Thank you for sharing a piece of your heart for us to feel inspiration and hope everyday. God bless you and your family always.

47. nelson RN says:

Such a lovely post, with beautiful photographs. Your posts never cease to inspire me.

• island traveler says:

Thank you. Same here. There is always something new to learn from all the blogger friends me meet each day. Makes life bright, joyful, positive and full of amazing hope. Wishing you and your family all the wonderful blessings.

48. Beautiful words on the theme this weeks “Hope”. There is hope in so many things.
    I agree with you that we have to have hope to continue on lifes’ journeys. Baby always
    show us how simply we begin. BTW – your nice is over-the-top-precious —- see how babies can take our cares away. ~~~~ : – ) Let me just say – this is on target in every way.
    Inspirational words ….
    Isadora

• island traveler says:

The first time I held my son in my arms and stared at his face, all my aches and pains melted away. He renewed my hope for love, life and all the wonderful possibilities of the future. My wife shares the same thoughts when she held him close to her after several hours of labor. What a sweet life , right? Gives me a reason to smile everyday. God Bless you always my friend.

49. Very touching post IT! I love the heartwarming story about your son and his “girl” friend. That was very sweet I must say. Nonetheless, that is a beautiful picture of your niece. Congratulations to you and your family! Last but not least, that is a lovely picture of you and your wife. I hope that each day is filled with much love and happiness for you and your family. Stay blessed my friend. :)

• island traveler says:

Thank you my friend. I hope too that love, peace , hope and all the simple yet wonderful blessings in life fill your heart and your home. My niece is a joy to look at. So much hope, so much inspiration to give to us grown-ups. As for my son and his special friend…my heart smiles every time I see them together….I used to see situations like this in the movies, I didn’t realize they could be real….God bless you always.

50. thirdhandart says:

Another beautiful post IT. Congratulations on the new family member! Your niece is beautiful. It melts my heart that your son has found a “girl” friend. Hope is alive and well in your family. Don’t let the bills and responsibilities get you down.

• island traveler says:

Yes, seeing him and his inspiration together melts my heart too. Enough reasons for me to set aside life’s worries. Thank you for the wonderful thoughts. Wishing you all the blessings in life.

51. jakesprinter says:

What a great entry my friend…..you did it again
    what can i say …..Excellent Post :)

• island traveler says:

Thank you . I checked out the “Year of the Dragon Challenge,” just brilliant….very cool graphics.

52. yen says:

Awww this is such a beautiful post that tugged at my heartstrings, sir:)

53. Patti Kuche says:

So much lovely, quiet hope in that beautiful first shot, all the way through to the fireworks leading to bright hopes of another day to come. Congratulations and welcome to your gorgeous niece with all the love and comforts to be enjoyed as much as your son enjoys his!

• island traveler says:

Thanks Patti. Wonderful words filled with warm, loving thoughts. I appreciate that a lot. My niece, my son and all the children never fails to make me smile and brighten my day with their happy way, thoughts and disposition. They are God’s gift from heaven.

54. Like you, it’s my son that brings me the most hope. Actually, it’s not even just my son, but the whole next generation of our family, including the tiny cousins he got to meet back in Oregon last month. My mom was estranged from her family (largely), but with this generation, I have so much hope that we’ll have a continuation of the love we built between ourselves.

Love that picture of your son, and the army of zombies anecdote!

55. To everyone who poured out their thoughts and heart …Thank you. I apologize for the delay in response although I promise to answer each one of them.I’m just going through a tough, rough wave in life which I will share soon. How tough? Tough enough to squeeze my heart and cause painful back spasms. Thank you for each inspiring word , each thought, each prayer. They all mean a lot to me and it helps me get through my days. You guys are like the hope that I see with each Sunrise. Wishing everyone all the joyful blessings in life…and yes, lots of abundant love!!!

• mysterycoach says:

I hope everything is okay! XO

• island traveler says:

Thank you for your thoughtfulness. We are doing better. It’s not easy but we go by because I have my wife and son in all life’s situations. They give me strength and so is God and his loving promises.

• Sorry to hear the news IT. Just know that you have many friends who are here to help you weather the storm. May God give you strength to carry you through your “rough wave.” Just remember this is temporary. It will come to pass my friend. :)

• island traveler says:

As always, you give the most comforting words. Thank you so much. My days lately feels like a secluded hurricane , constantly stirring my mind and heart. But my wife and I made a promise that we will weather this storm together and that no matter what we will make it through hand in hand. As I said before, Love will help us endure anything. I will give up all material things for as long as I have my family with me. Happiness is knowing you are loved and that you are capable of loving. God bless you always.

• yen says:

Oh, Sir, My prayers are with you and your family in these challenging times. I know you can overcome all things through Christ who strengthens you (Philippians 4:13). Much grace and strength!

• island traveler says:

Thank you. Somehow I know that God will never abandon me and my family. That he has better plans for us. I used to sulk with a heavy heart but that came to pass . Now I can smile with joy knowing that when people think I have hardly anything, I actually have everything…everything that God provided…and that’s all I need. God bless you my friend.

• eof737 says:

Be Blessed. You are in my thoughts and prayers…

56. How beautiful. It´s a shame we can´t keep the innocence of children all our lives.

• island traveler says:

I know…I wish we could all have the pure innocence of a child…Perhaps we could try, one day at a time. Thank you and wishing you a beautiful day.

57. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Hope For The Birds… | Mirth and Motivation

58. viviene says:

Aww.. Bea and Adrian are the sweetest! =)

59. sarsm says:

Children are inspirational, aren’t they?

Yes, in answer to your question. I have found love.

• island traveler says:

I am happy for you. All of us deserve to find that one person who would love us, may it be a partner in life, a family, a friend, and above all our God who loves us generously. Thank you and I wish you all life’s wonderful blessings.

60. jakesprinter says:

I invite you here my friend for lauching

61. Barbara Rodgers says:

You have expressed your thoughts so deeply with meaningful words and lovely pictures. I hope we keep evolving as humans in a direction that leads to more compassion and unity. In spite of what goes on in the world, as generations come and go, I think in the end the light will win!

• island traveler says:

I believe it too. In the end, light will prevail and good will come from each person in this world. There are so much goodness in others and that gives me hope. We will pray for that as one…God bless you always my friend.

62. Tammy says:

Nice thoughts and your new niece is lovely.

63. Wow! I first hit the “Like” button after seeing the photos then I went back to your long post (Hehe!) to read every word in it because of its theme and your son’s name who’s my namesake. And I was tempted to hit “Like” twice (Haha!).

You have a way with words. I love every bit of this post. Keep on inspiring people, Sir! :-)

• Thank you. If I have a “like” button for comments…I definitely would click this one more that once….ha, ha, ha. That really sound nice…just got back from a weekend in east Texas with friends and as soon as I opened the comment section…your words jumped into life. Have a wonderful day….