Weekly Photo Challenge: Random

I asked myself today while browsing a blogger friend’s post, “Did I miss something this week or last week? I can’t remember seeing the theme called Random.” Then I came another post that explained why. I made a sigh of relief and told myself, “I’m glad that I wasn’t having a brief memory loss or worse, a transient visual hallucination.”

So here’s a few random photos that I think best describe what I went through this month.

The First Sunrise After Life’s Turmoil

As long as there's breath in all of us, there's hope for better things. For each setting of the Sun, a promise of a new sunrise follows.

I opened the window blinds to see the first sunrise after a trying moment in my life. My wife and I told each other that no matter what for us long as we are together, we will face the challenges with love and faith. We chose to move on and leave the hurts, the pain and the things that stressed us out. We chose to embrace the dream for a better life, to be happy, to have a chance to pursue the things that we really wanted for ourselves and for our son. We stopped caring about what other people will say and we started listening to what our hearts were trying to cry for such a long time. It was beautiful day of new beginnings. So calm, so real, so full of hope. We’re both happier now despite of the problems we had. We both know that there are more storms to battle but with love on our side and a God who hears the prayers of his children, soon enough, this hardship will pass. Just like it did in the not so distant past.

The Reason To Smile, Even Laugh

I can't imagine a life without my son's cheerful and happy laughter.

My wife and I were kind of tired, worried, even scared that day. On our way home, I  noticed from the front mirror that faced the backseat that my son was playing Hide and Seek behind the lush tropical plants.  He had this mischievous, funny expression that made me start to laugh. My wife asked me why I’m giggling. I whispered to her softly, ” just look at the front mirror”. She too saw my son’s repetitive Peek-A-Boo head movements and started to laugh as well. We had to bite our lips and act cool when my son shouted with a crooked grin, “What’s up guys? What’s so funny?” Then he gave us this look that seemed to say, “You silly heads,” which he used to say when he thinks we’re being goofy.

Moments like this gives my heart a reason to smile, even to laugh. For some reason, perhaps like a 6th sense, my son knows when his parents are sad or worried. Everyday he does something beautiful that makes us forget our problems. Everyday he uplifts our spirit. For that I will always be grateful. His presence makes me believe that God did send an angel for each one of us. He is that angel for me.

The Blog Comments That Gives Us Inspiration

Each day, I would check my comment section with an enthusiasm and excitement of a child. It’s like my morning coffee only better. Reading them makes me smile and feel hopeful of things. So much outpouring that gives comfort and inspiration. Words that flow from a generous and caring heart. Some people may not realize it but words are powerful. They’re like food for the soul that longs for encouragement and support.

To all who shared their thoughts and prayers generously, thank you so much. I wish for you all, in faith all the wonderful and joyful blessings in life. Blessings that would give you love, hope, peace, good health and happiness. Blessings that would bring you a brand new sunrise after life’s challenging times. A sunrise that we no longer have to face alone.

Related articles

This entry was posted in family, Life, Love, photography, Post A Week, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Random

There is a wonderful family within this WordPress group.
    Peace.

Great photos as always. Yes, there is a community in the WordPress world!

• It’s one “amazing , supportive, optimistic” WordPress family at that. Where else can you find a group of talented people that gives inspiration so freely? Such a blessing to us all!

3. Gilly Gee says:

This is wonderful! and I really like your plants. At first I thought you meant that your car is a garden but I suppose you were just carrying them home :-) :-) :-)

• That is so sweet. Well, for 15 minutes, the car felt like a tropical garden…I can almost hear the birds chirping and the water falls cascading down a clear pool of water. Just my imagination running wild. Thank you.

4. Sonel says:

Oh wow, what beautiful photo’s and what a lovely post. You and your wife have a great reason to smile and your love for each other and your family is so obvious. Enjoy that love. Life is short…we should make the most of it. :)

• Thank you. I agree whole heartedly, ” Life is short…we should make the most of it.” Everyday is a reason to smile, to love for as much as we can, for as long as we can.

5. Sometimes in the midst of some serious situations, I find it’s the silly things that leave you smiling!!!! :D Making you realise that all will turn out well… I hope you and your family are at a better place now… & I wish you all the love and care in world!!! :) As you’ve said many times… it’s the people close to you that makes everything worth it!!! :D Great post Island Traveller (or Islandbliss101… when/why did you change it?? or am I only realising it now??) ;) Keep well… :) **

6. mysterycoach says:

Beautiful as always :) I put a picture up for you of the color of the paint LOL :)

7. viviene says:

You have a beautiful family – a supportive wife and a funky kiddo! =)

I do love checking comments too =p Who doesn’t?!?!

8. siggiofmaine says:

Here’s my submission for photo prompt “Ready”

: http://siggiofmaine.wordpress.com/2012/02/08/word-press-pho…e-prompt-ready/

Peace,
    Siggi of Downeast Maine

Great beautiful photo series. Nice. :)

10. It’s like my morning coffee only better.
    Hear, hear! I can’t have the other kind of coffee, but this is the kind I not only can have, but relish.

Wishing you strength and love in the days to come.

11. I always look forward to reading your articles and viewing your pictures which are so clear and beautiful by the way. What camera do you use?
    I wish you and yours the very best, happier times to come, beautiful days filled with sunshine and a hope that keeps you alive when the going seems so very rough. Have a great one Island traveler. Wish you the best!

12. “You silly heads” said with all the mischief children love to muster. haha Today I will think about that line your son said, when something even slightly irritates me and smile. :)

Thank you for your wonderful words and beautiful photos.

14. wolke205 says:

Wonderful – I love your photos & family stories! All my best wishes to you & your sweethearts :)

15. Kate Kresse says:

I especially loved when you so eloquently wrote thie: “Blessings that would bring you a brand new sunrise after life’s challenging times. A sunrise that we no longer have to face alone.” That is so true. When we are facing immense difficulties it is lovely to know that our families still love us and a community of bloggers has welcomed us with open arms.

16. jhirzel88 says:

If only I felt that I belong in this world. I just can’t stand not being like everyone else. I try to accomplish everything that I do so that it can benefit me in the long run. I can never realize the possibilities, because I just don’t foresee them.

17. Great post and photos – especially your son in the car!

18. Patti Kuche says:

And a big thank you to you for being the sugar in my coffee!

19. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Random | melonpopzdropz …

20. Maggie L R says:

Beautiful sunrise to greet you as you move forward with God on your side. I love the way you love your son. It is clear that he is your life and love and joy.
    great post. I appreciate your honesty.

Blessings to you and yours too. ;-)

22. judithhb says:

Another truly inspiring post. Thank you as always, for sharing with us. Although we live on opposite sides of the world, I really think we could all be friends. :P

23. This is a beautiful post. I bleieve the closer you are to nature the closer you are to God…

It’s Thursday evening in Australia and while I’ve just been reading your beautiful post and enjoyed the pictures that go with it, I’m listening to a great big downpour. The big rains have reached us here after after constant comparatively moderate rains since the beginning of the year. I tell you, just now it’s pouring cats and dogs, as Australians say. Parts of Queensland and Northern New South Wales are already flooded, but the rains have eased there now. Where we live great amounts of water just get flushed out into the ocean. So I don’t think we’re going to get flooded; even with heavy downpours we should be o.k.

25. Cafe23 says:

Heya, I hope everything is okay (not sure if I missed something in a previous post?). It sounds like you and your family are staying strong though and you have enough love to endure anything. Take care for now :)

26. Connie T says:

I like your random pictures and the words that go with it.

27. Those are beautiful random photos :)

28. jhirzel88 says:

I noticed that you changed your username as soon as you made this post. What caused you to do that?

29. Just beautiful my friend! I love the photos and your words. That’s such a cute photo of your son riding in the car. Just curious, is that a banana tree in the photo? Nonetheless, your posts are always inspiring. Regardless of the challenges we may face, it’s a blessing to know that we can “overcome” the negative with love and faith. Thanks so much for sharing. I wish you and your family endless blessings my friend. :)

• Sony Fugaban says:

It’s really not “penetrating” … I mean my comment. Bro, my comments on Donna’s don’t seem to appear or get through … I wonder why. ?????

• Sorry Bro. I finally found the comments in the spam archives. I’m really grateful for the thoughtfulness. They are now in my comment section to bring me inspiration as it always did. God bless you my friend.

• Sony Fugaban says:

There’s no need for you to say that, Bro. I was just in the middle of figuring out what’s happening with my comments so I should be the one to say sorry for acting infantile. :-)

• I actually appreciate the gesture. If it was me, I would be freaking out knowing I’m not much of a computer wizard. Thanks bro.

30. munchow says:

This was a very touching and honestly naked post. Full of hope, love and inspiration. Thanks for sharing yourself so completely, my friend. We have so much to learn from you. Yes, all relationships encounters hardships. It’s how you deal with those challenges that makes your wiser and more understanding. As always the pictures that follow the writing are lovely.

31. jakesprinter says:

Great entry again from my friend :)

Maybe, my comments were directed to your spam. I appreciate if you will confirm that, Bro. Thanks in advance!

33. nelson RN says:

Inspiring post!
    It seems that your family is in a difficult moment, but i can also see that you are facing your struggles with strong hearts. My prayers are with you that you overcome whatever obstacles you are having. Stay strong and I’m an email away if I can be of help. I wish you all the best and happiness always!

34. Hope Varnes says:

This is really lovely and inspiring. I enjoyed reading your blog. I’m glad you came to visit mine, it led me to yours. Cheers.

35. It’s the laughter that brings us back for more, more life, more love, more wonder. Blessings to your lovely family as you face the ups and downs of living with grace and compassion. Children are a gift. I love the picture of your son behind the leaves!

36. Great post as always, Your son is adorable.

37. Sabina Brave says:

Thank you, and I wish you also all the wonderful and joyful blessings in life. For you, and your loved ones :)