Weekly Photo Challenge: Down

Down Heading Up

The only direction from a down situation is going up. From a situation of despair comes hope that we will rise up from where we had fallen and stand up victorious. That with each failure comes success, with each pain comes relief, with each cry a laughter that will be an end to our agony and a beginning to a life of happiness.

Just like the hot-air balloons we saw a few months ago, we will all soar one day from all forms of heartaches and trials.

Being down gives me the opportunity to embrace humility. It also gives me the chance to reevaluate my priority and what's important in my life. Last Summer, going down these stairs with my wife and son, I never felt more happier. I looked at them and I said to myself, "They're my greatest treasure. With them, I could laugh in all abandonment and just be happy. They're all I need in this transient world. I feel blessed because I have them in my life."

Several weeks ago, I felt down and low. I realized the hard way that not all my dreams end with a happy ending and that not all friends will be there when you needed them the most. In a way, I’m glad that it happened. It was a reality check of some sort. My wife and I were finally able to let go of a great burden we both carried for a while. We were also able to move on and pick up a fresh start. We are now happier and more at peace. Deep down inside, we know that everything will be alright as God promised, and that things will be better than ever. All we have to do to is believe in faith and love.

like the water that falls down a waterfall , life is a continuous cycle . When we're down, soon enough we be up again, better than ever.

What kept you down lately? Who helped you stand on your feet and start all over again? Whatever the answers may be, just remember, nothing is permanent in this world, that change will happen no matter what and that light will eventually overcome any form of darkness that you and I are facing.

This entry was posted in Inspiration, Life, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

84 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Down

1. Lovely waterfall :)

Thank you for your encourageing words. I firmly believe in waiting on the Lord because He gives us the desires of our heart. The times of adversity only offers us opportunities to grow and mature in our walk with the Lord. He only wants us to have complete depentance on Him.

• Thank you for the words of faith and inspiration. This were truly beautiful, “I firmly believe in waiting on the Lord because He gives us the desires of our heart. The times of adversity only offers us opportunities to grow and mature in our walk with the Lord…” God bless you and your family always.

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: {Down} « lifebydmagdalene

• That was one touching post on children with Down Syndrome and their families. I can’t imagine how hard it must be for their families and we should give all the love and suppport that we could give. To me their God’s precious angels. Their innocence, kindness, happy and loving disposition I will always admire . Thanks you .

4. My wise and very intelligent College best friend once told me that when you had hit rock bottom, there’s no way to go but up…
    “Our greatest glory is not failing, but in rising every time we fail.”
    Have a great weekend with your love ones…!
    @))–>>——-

5. Mira Jay says:

The sprinkles between sun & shade; so evocative

Lovely interpretation of the challenge, and great shots! Thank you for the kind pingback!

7. Faith & Hope…. ;) **

8. rommel says:

Always the most inspirational entries….

• Thank you. I almost thought of skipping it. I already knew what will come out of my thoughts the moment I saw the word, “Down.” I’m glad you guys were able to relate to it. To me , the best images are the one’s that is personal to you and that reflects the realities of life…my realities of life.

I like the water fall and the cycle of the water.

10. Colline says:

When I am down I try to focus on the love that my family has for me – it is their love that helps me to see the light at the end of my dark tunnel. That and the belief that God will find a way to answer my prayers.

• Beautiful words my friend. This thought will help anyone of us sustain life’s challenges, “it is their love that helps me to see the light at the end of my dark tunnel. That and the belief that God will find a way to answer my prayers.” I share your thought in heart and prayers. Stay blessed always….

11. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Down « Cheryl Andrews

12. Elyse says:

Beautiful, as always. My favorite is the balloons!

13. dadirri7 says:

so beautiful in every way … you are always inspiring! encouragement from christine http://wp.me/p296YA-2D

14. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Down | this man's journey

Down then up somehow reminded me of the film, “The Pianist,” the true story of a Polish Jewish pianist in the middle of the 2nd world war. It was sublime.

• I’ve seen the “The Pianist” not so long ago. I thought is was emotionally moving. Life is too beautiful to stay down and depressed. Sooner or later we need to get up and move on….life should be joyful, meaningful, amazing. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful day…

16. ccassello says:

Your message was very uplifting. It was good to be reminded that we don’t have to stay down.

17. nelson RN says:

Inspiring post, IT! “…nothing is permanent in this world, that change will happen no matter what…” So true! I am glad you have overcome your trials. My prayers are with you.
    Lovely pictures! I always love your father-son pics.

• Thank you for the generous thoughts and prayers. I think we all need that. I too admire father’s who does everything to show their son how beautiful the world is, of father’s who teach their son what love, respect, faith and generosity means. The world needs fathers who show their sons goodness through the lives they live. God bless you and your family.

Great post. I also believe in faith and love. They always help us from falling down.

19. sonsothunder says:

Amen…loved this stream of cooling wind here: “Just like the hot-air balloons we saw a few months ago, we will all soar one day from all forms of heartaches and trials”.

20. semprevento says:

Thanks for your comment.
    the girl you see is my daughter and that is the rose of Sab valentine that her boyfriend gave him.
    My daughter is always a source of inspiration for me.
    I love her to death and you know what I mean.
    It ‘a pleasure to have you met her.
    kisses to you and your family.
    wonderful pictures … express such serenity, always.
    vento

• Yes, my friend, I too celebrate the joys that our family brings. I’m happy to have seen your wonderful daughter through you post. This made me smile, “My daughter is always a source of inspiration for me.
      I love her to death and you know what I mean.” Yep, I too love my son like crazy…they make us leap with happiness beyond words. Take care. God bless you and your beautiful family.

21. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Down « Thirdhandart's Weblog

22. Yours is the first post I’ve seen that interpreted ‘down’ as a feeling. That surprises me since we have all been there. Thank you for a very nice, thoughtful post. All the best to you :-)

• I can’t help but feel things for some reason. It seems that as I get older, I get more sensitive and nostalgic. I think it’s beautiful and it helps me appreciate the events and people in my life. Thanks for sharing. wishing you a blessed day my friend.

23. Sabina Brave says:

Beautiful post IT :) And very inspiring. Thank you :)

24. Barbara Rodgers says:

So glad to hear that things are looking bright again for you and your wife – the more we go through life the more we learn to roll with the punches. Even so, when our son and daughter-in-law moved a thousand miles away in November it did get me down – I miss them terribly! But my husband and I are helping each other to go through this and are growing new strengths. Change, whether welcome or unwelcome, has a way of helping us do that. :)

• I felt to know that your son and his wife had to move. It’s always a hard, difficult event when people close to us have to relocate somewhere else. Luckily we have our spouses to help us go through life . I wish you and your family all the best. I pray for your joy my friend.

Great interpretation! It’s good you were able to let something go. It’s not always easy to do. Sometimes letting go occurs when you hear the right words, being at the right time, being at the right place, having a specific memory, etc. It’s different for everyone, but for me, it has to be that internal feeling/voice that genuinely says, “yes, it really is ok to let go; you will be ok.”

• I like this a lot when you said, “but for me, it has to be that internal feeling/voice that genuinely says, “yes, it really is ok to let go; you will be ok.” I do want to hear that inner voice, “you’ll be ok.everything will turn out right.” I think we all need and deserve to feel okay. Thank you for sharing a beautiful comment.

26. jeanne says:

I am so glad you were able to find the rainbow after the storm…God promises to walk with us throught the valley and know he does. Be Blessed!

27. susan2009 says:

Very inspirational post: good marriage of words and photos.

What picks me up? Family, friends, accurately reflecting on what God has done in my life, the Bible, a nap, doing something creative.

• Thanks for sharing. Family, friends and God’s words and promises helps me go through like trials as well. They make me feel grateful despite of the hardships that came my way. I wish you all life’s blessings.

28. Tammy says:

Looks like you handled the challenge really well!

• Thank you. To me it’s more than just a challenge, it’s a part of who I am and what I do in real life. I’m glad people relates to it. I think in a way, all of us are connected through our experiences and the hope that we all feel in our hearts. Have a beautiful day.

29. pix & kardz says:

The hot air balloons are a wonderful click!

What helps me when I am down? A wise man once wrote it as a prayer in a psalm: ‘When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I!’

Thanks for sharing!

30. Arindam says:

Bro thank you for your encouraging words. I do not know why or how, everything through which i am going or I went, is some how similar to yours. Is it a coincidence, I really do not know. I just hope I can be a wonderful human being like you. Just like you, I got that reality check in my life very early. Now I only try to hold on those relationships, which worth my belief. As always thank you for such a nice and inspiring post. Best wishes to you and your wonderful family pro. May God bless you all.

• Bro, thank you for such an inspiring comment. That means a lot to me. Yes, we do share a similar faith in life. The pain, the struggles, the heartaches, the triumph, the hope , the ability to rise above it. I think each one of us have a similar trials in life and how we respond to that may be what differs. What thing good though is that we can all learn from each other and hopefully we can avoid future mistakes and suffering. God bless you and your family. I wish you all the best.

31. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

Every single time
    without fail
    that I visit your page
    I am renewed of faith in men.

32. Your words and photos are so inspirational. Thank your for sharing your gifts. Be blessed!!

Gorgeous! :-)

34. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Down | Stories of My Wandering Feet (& Mind)

35. Patti Kuche says:

I am so happy for you and your wife that you have that gorgeous little boy of yours to look down to, to see his eyes looking up at you in awe! Best wishes and happy times to you all!

• I was watching my little boy sleep this morning. So peaceful. So hopeful. I felt so blessed. God has a way to bring joy in our lives. He brought us our son to help me and my wife go through life’s trials with ease and inspiration. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes to you too and your family.

36. john tugano says:

I am inspired by this post bro, I have been out from blogging because I also feel that way.I’m down and cant find an inspiration to write again.There are so many problems that come my way these past few months even up to now but I agree with what you have said the only way of down people is the way up…I miss your posts bro, I’m slowly getting back…Lets be happy..

I wish you to climb that way up..cheers..=)

• I’m sorry to hear that. I was down for a few months. Life can be tough, it even hurts but I can’t afford to be depressed knowing my wife and son find inspiration in me as well. One day I just said, “The heck with it. I will still wake up with my problems. My family and I deserve to be happy.” So, I chose happiness. Life’s too short….we need to make each minute counts. Bro, we can do this…from this point…we’re all heading up!

• Let’s be happy and celebrate life the way we should live it. I too had my down moments…sometimes it gets to much that I just want to shout, “enough!” but somehow with our family to back us up, we do bounce back. Bro, I hope and pray your problems will drift away soon. We all deserve to be happy…

37. jhirzel88 says:

I can barely stand it! I hate that I have to keep looking at downfalls in others’ lives.

I killed the warblers. I just had to do it. I mixed laundry detergent, dishwasher soap, and wood cleaner in the cupcake crumbs. I’m really going to need to explain myself.

• Hmmm….I feel bad for the warblers. They are wonderful creatures. They are part of nature and God gift to us. I felt sad to know about this…

• jhirzel88 says:

Yes, I do realize that I did a terrible thing! That is why I am NEVER going back. I’m going to stay with my grandparents’. I don’t want to know if any warblers died, or if the poisoned cupcakes were eaten. I don’t care at this point. I’m just going to forget about it. I had a YouTube user explain to me that they will forget the taste of those cupcakes. Also, he told me that they will survive no matter what. Animals don’t eat for pleasure. Only we eat for pleasure. I felt a lot better after that.

38. munchow says:

From rock bottom there is only one way to continue. I am glad you were able to move on my friends. Sometimes a reality check is needed, even though it might hurt to the bone. Those close to you are those who will give their hearts to you and help you move out of the valley and up into the sun again. I know that myself, from my kids, my love, my closest friends. And that is always a comforting knowledge to carry with me, even when things look the darkest.

• Spoken from a mind filled with wisdom and a heart that is generous.This is so true, “Those close to you are those who will give their hearts to you and help you move out of the valley and up into the sun again.” I met so may pessimist, opportunist, people who would pull you down because they are bitter, angry or simply takes advantage of your goodness. Real or cyberspace, the world has lots of them. It’s a sad truth but I can only pray that one day they would have a change of heart. If not, there is a God that watched over us. I’ve been receiving tweets from friends that someone in cyberspace is posting negatively about my blog.That is so sad that someone who doesn’t have a clue of who you are find joy in creating bad stories and negative lies. Whoever this person is, I hope one day his/her eyes will open and light will find the darkness of his/her heart. Did I check it out? Not worth my time really. I have so much to do and so much people to help.I believe WordPress and the other blog community have a way of dealing with people like that. Thank you for the constant motivation…I appreciate every bit of it. Stay blessed my friend.

39. Waterfalls – peaceful and tranquil.
    Nice images ..