Unusual To Some, Common To Others

Unusual To Some, A Common Reality For Others

King of the road…

What is unusual to some is an everyday reality for others. Growing up in small town where poverty is just as common as the air I breath, images of everyday life is anything but unusual. Today, I share with you the main vehicle of transportation called  the “tricycle.” I used to call them and their drivers, “King of the road.” Our city streets are too small and too close to each other that bigger vehicles like the local jeep and buses are impractical if not impossible to use.

Tricycle: A Vehicle Of All Trades

If you’re brave enough, the best seat for a breathtaking view in on the tricycle’s roof top. This woman looked so calm. She was fixing her hair while enjoying the beautiful landscape. My mouth was wide open in disbelief as I took this photo.

Not everyone is lucky enough to ride a car. A lot of children in the countryside ride vehicles like this to go to school or walked for a few miles.I felt bad that comforts are only for the few and kids have to go through hardships they did not choose to be born with. This boy is just a bit older than my son.

View from the back…

The tricycle has multiple functions. Despite of its small and frail appearance, it is a heavy-duty, all terrain vehicle that can put a 4 wheel drive car to shame. It can accommodate 8-10 people depending on how brave the passenger is. Each space counts including the roof of the vehicle. Unusual? Crazy? Suicidal? Not for these countrymen of mine. I too rode them myself but I still want to live longer so I preferred riding the inside  of the tricycle or sit at the back of the driver. If you want to experience the thrill or want to know what it feels like to join “Fear Factor,” try riding the tricycle during a heavy traffic where no stop lights exist and no rules are followed for most of the times. Everything is based on common road courtesy, instincts and courage. The bravest gets to go first unless a road officer is standing nearby to ease the flow of traffic.

Furniture delivery? No problem!

How many can fit in one tricycle? 8-12…that’s no joke!

How all these coconuts fitted inside the tricycle? I can only scratch my head in wonder.

Raw materials like bamboo, rattan and other forms of building materials gets delivered this way. I don’t think a Honda CRV or Pilot can do that. Ford trucks? May be.

Other Unusual Vehicles That May Interest You

The famous, dependable public jeep. In some cities, their drivers are the “King of the road.” It’s fun to ride them. It’s a great way to air dry your hair too.

What can run without using gas? That would be the “Trisikad.”

Trisikad And What It Means…

“Tri” means three wheels and “sikad” is a local dialect that briefly translates to paddling the wheel with your legs, knees and feet. I usually feel guilty riding them since I don’t like people to be used as the main man power or energy source for transportation. It looks and feels wrong. But it’s an honest way to earn money where job is not easy to find. For a lot of Filipinos, this is their way of bringing food to the table. When you ride one, you are helping another human being feed their family. Again, unusual to some but a way to survive life for others.

I hope you find my interpretation for this week’s photo challenge called “Unusual,” interesting. Being unusual makes us uniquely beautiful. It makes us stand out among the rest. It describes a part of us that we can claim just our own. It is who we are regardless of where destiny will take us.

What unusual subject caught your eye today? What unusual part of you that made you the wonderful person you are? Whatever it is, I bet it makes you shine everyday like a precious gem.

This entry was posted in Culture, Island Summer Of 2012, Life, people, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

149 Responses to Unusual To Some, Common To Others

Thanks, bro for refreshing my mind about tricycle. I’d like you to know that my father is a tricycle driver ever since I can remember. We owed our tricycle a LOT. You gave me another bright idea: to feature what help us reach our dreams. That is, Tatay’s tricycle.

I love the other forms or means of transport too. They all add to our more fun way of life. :-)

• I have such high admiration for people who work so hard to bring their kids a better future. Your “tatay” is a hero. A father to look up to. My father is also a hard worker, until now, at a retirement age, he still works. I think they are just born with a heart and will of a lion. God bless our fathers. Thanks Bro, you always give an awesome comment.

• Sony Fugaban says:

I mean, what helped …

You are always, always welcome, Bro! Thank you for giving us a portion of your time amidst your busy schedule. Rest assured it is always appreciated.

oh my giddy aunt! that looks so dangerous… I have seen things like that in Sri Lanka and in China where the buses have passengers clinging to the sides…..

Thank you for the great pics, and for sharing them with us..

Bless you my friend …love you

• We have buses here where people ride on the side too plus the roof. I’ll have a heart attack if I have to ride the roof if not fall first. Nice ti hear from you again. have a beautiful day my friend.

3. agogo22 says:

Reblogged this on msamba.

4. cobbies69 says:

An insight into another way of travel…4th class!! great post and an eye opener…;)

• Sometimes it takes for us to get out of our world to discover and realize that there’s another world out there that we can all learn from. I’m lucky enough to have lived in both countries with contrasting socioeconomic status. It makes me more appreciative of the blessings in my life. Thanks for sharing.

5. nelson RN says:

Great post for this week’s theme, bro! My father-in-law is the president of TODA in our place in Bulacan. I also admire these hard-working drivers.
    Great shots! I especially like that one taken behind an aquarium! Artistic!

6. I absolutely loved reading this… I also, got to see what I didn’t know existed… the motorized tricycles! Amazing! I was so happy to get to ‘see there’ another way of life. Interesting, for-real… unusual. I, also, love the photo taken looking through the aquarium… seeing life two different ways at once…. fish swimming, traffic outside on the street. Granny Gee :)))

• Thanks Granny Dee. There’s so much interesting things around us. This is the beauty about blogging, we get to see things in a more profound and meaningful way. Have a lovely day…

• You are so right… we learn so much through others’ eyes/blogs… you’ve been where I haven’t been, vice-versa. I loved seeing through your eyes for a short time! Have a wonderful day, too!

7. jakesprinter says:

Great entry my friend

8. Fascinating! Thanks! And I just gave you The Good Apple Award! Have fun!

9. ceceliafutch says:

What a wonderful post! Very interesting and enlightening…what may be unusual to me is quite the norm for someone else! I especially liked the photo of the tricycle with the fish! A fun photograph. :-)

• There’s a lot of things I find fascinating, fishes and tricycles. Having a rare moment to photograph them together was absolutely a delight.I’m glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks.

10. I was gonna do a post on tricycle, a video post. You beat me to it :) But you know me, slow woman, taking forever to edit my video. But the pictures especially with the mountains as backdrop is just awesome. I wish I’d wake up to that view each morning. Happy to hear from you. Be blessed!

• Thank you my friend. We were on our way to a beach my father brought me and my sisters way back when we were still in high school. Nothing has changed from rugged road, to the friendly people , to the beach untouched by the modern , material world. It was a beautiful day. Take care.

11. Wonderful pictures and stories again. I am amazed that one motorcycle could pull that much weight. Loved the picture through the aquarium.

• I was amazed too. I used to see 6 people riding it but now, with the hard times, it can fit as much as it can carry. In America, people have the luxury to drive cars and other means of transportation like buses and cabs. In this side of the world, average Filipinos make do of what they have from tricycles, jeeps, buses, even the man powered “trisikads.” It opened my eyes more , I hope it did the same for those who read the post. Thanks.

12. The tricycle and trisikad both look like they are very practical, and I think the exercise the trisikad drivers get will probably keep them healthy and strong! I loved the tricycle piled high with furniture! The mountains in the background are lovely…

• Thanks Barbara. To some, tricycles is a way to delivery furniture and raw building materials. Yesterday, I saw it delivered melons, door to door. It’s amazing. Yes, it is practical and definitely burns calories. If only more people are willing to give up the comforts of air-conditioned cars…oh, well, we can wish for it , right? Take care my friend.

13. gelaikuting says:

wew! nice post! love the pictures!

14. Awesome photos, I love the one with the fish! Nicely done!

Oh my! What a dangerous way to travel! I wonder what the stats are for accidents, injuries, even mortality rates for riding one of these. Do the tricycles travel at high speeds? I would think with the high load they would only be traveling 15-25 miles/ hour. And ony for short distances. fair to say that the motorcycle-drawn tricycle has become the beast of burden in modern day Iloilo.

I suppose one can say the tricycle (trisikad and the ones using just bikes) is a green way to travel, huh?

However, I would hate to witness any entanglements with Any full size vehicles! Must be difficult to be the ER or trauma MD in these towns.

• You’ll be surprised that there’s more accidents with cars than with this fragile-looking machine. I saw more care accidents in the U.S. on freeways than in the Philippines. And even in cars, we are not that keen with seat belts. Crazy right? Life never fails to bring in some surprises in this side of the world. In small towns, no trauma doctor’s too. usually it’s one doctor for the entire town. Bigger cities are luckier. Thanks for sharing . Have a beautiful day.

16. Sonel says:

Great entry and beautiful photo’s. :)

17. Pingback: Born This Way: Weekly Photo Challenge (Unusual) « aNTibaKTeRiYeL

18. tmso says:

Great entry, Island Traveler. I live in the United States and ride my bike to work almost every day. I would LOVE to have me one of those tricycles! Do you know of anyone who imports them? My favorite line from this post: “It can accommodate 8-10 people depending on how brave the passenger is.” – Classic.

• I’m not really sure if they import these. I guess it has to pass the transportation regulations in the U.S. I did see a similar “trisikad” for carrying babies and small kids, although it’s mainly built so parents can enjoy biking while taking their kids with them. Yes, it takes a brave heart to ride a tricycle that carries a 10 people load. If we can ride a roller coaster, this one is a breeze.Thanks.

Great post. My favorite is the furniture delivery.

• The more you go around the rural, country side areas, you see more tricycles carrying bamboo and wood furniture, a task that average cars won’t do. Thanks for sharing. have a great day.

20. Your photos are just amazing.. the one with the fish–wow. I was in Bali once, and I marveled that they could get six people on a moped–I guess you do what you have to do!
    Have a great day,
    Suzanne

• Thanks Suzanne. You’re right , people in this countries have to do what they need to do to function and survive. Ingenuity and resourcefulness are two key ingredients to make it. Have a wonderful day.

Unusual for me because I have not seen some of those vehicles. Isn’t it interesting how “unusual” is relative. Great post and thanks for sharing!

• The first time I’d been to America fresh from a small town in the Philippines, I had a culture shock. What was common was unusual for me. Now, I have the rare opportunity to live in both worlds. It makes me more appreciative of what I have. It makes me see things that others may take for granted. Makes me more thankful everyday. Thanks.

22. This is such an informative post. I have seen these types of vehicles in movies. It is hard to imagine the need to do this in order to go from place to place. I can see that the people have a lot of faith in God that they will arrive to their destination despite the danger their lives will be in until they arrive. This is a look at anothers cultural difference from mine here in the U.S. Thank you for taking me on my little trip. Your photos depict a very different lifestyle.
    Blessings,
    Isadora

• Thank Isadora. Yes, people here to have a lot of faith. Sometimes, that may be the only thing they have to survive the hardships they meet everyday. Fear is not an option for some. I’ve seen people cross rivers on a thin bamboo. If it’s me, I’ll pass out first. take care my friend.

23. These are unusual vehicles for the, unusually, brave.

24. Cee Neuner says:

Excellent entry for this weeks theme!!

• Thank you Cee. I wasn’t sure how people will react. I just wanted to let others see that there’s another reality out there. A reality that others have to live, day after day.

25. Jo Bryant says:

you have to have a braveheart to ride in some of those what with so many people on board…amazing what you can fit in

• Guess what? My son got to ride it too and he enjoyed the thrill of it. There were only 5 of us though with our bags on our recent trip to a resort island. Thanks for sharing.

26. Patti Kuche says:

Fantastic! Why go to Disneyland when you can go to the Philippines with all the wonderful sites and colours – I bet you can’t wait! Your little boy is going to have a ball and thank you so much for these vibrant shots. All best!

• Thank you. My little boy is having a blast. I never saw him this happy and excited. Yes, not even our Disney trip can match the joy on his face. I’m glad he embraced the different life in the Philippines as compared to the one he was born to. He now get to experience the fun and real part of his heritage. Makes me proud of him.

27. Colline says:

Definitely unusual for me! Never seen vehicles like these. So interesting. Thank you for sharing them.

Love the series of photos. You learn something everyday on your blog.

29. Frank Bishop says:

That looks awesome.

Lets see some pictures of the food. I want to travel the world and see all the cultures I can….. but mostly I want to try a bunch of different food. Blog post idea plus helping me out, win-win.

• That I can do my friend. Food…that seems to be the main high light of my vacation. I just went to the seafood market yesterday braving rain, dirt and slime…but I enjoyed every moment of it…the came the delicious cooked food by my mom…..Mmmmm. Thank you and wishing you the best.

30. Thank you all for the generous, uplifting, optimistic comment. I apologize for the delayed responses but I promise to get back on it as soon as my schedule slows down. Your posts and comments are like sunshine to a beautiful, perfect day. Have a wonderful , blessed day my blogger friends. Life is good. Let’s celebrate them with full joy everyday….best wishes to your families and love ones. I’ll be on my way to another Island for 2 days of bliss…hopefully! Take care…

31. I meant comments….my head is already spinning….ha, ha, ha!

Excellent, excellent photos. I love those tricycles and would risk riding one. TY! :-)

33. Gail says:

I found this very interesting. Thanks for taking us all along on your trip back home! I couldn’t help but wonder about the photo with the dogs on the street. As a veterinarian, I’m curious as to whether there are many dogs roaming the streets in the Philippines? And what about Rabies there? I enjoyed all these pictures!!

• I bet they have not seen a veterinarian. Best survival advice, even to me…stay away from stray dogs. But this is how it is since I remembered. Domesticated ones do get vaccinated though. Rabies is a possibility and it helps to be careful. Thanks for sharing. God bless…

Wonderful post. So glad you’re keeping us updated on your travels!

35. dadirri7 says:

wonderful entry , it is so good to learn how others live, and you give us a true insider’s view!

• Thank you. I miss riding this tricycles and all that I was once familiar with . We should never forget our past and where we came from. Knowing my heritage and sharing it to my son keeps me grounded. It assures me not to loose sight of the dreams I used to make.

36. 2e0mca says:

Excellent selection of vehicles there. There’s an old phrase… “When needs must” Clearly an example of making something that is not ideal do the job :-)

• “When needs must,” sounds about right. People have to do what they must to survive the harsh realities of life. To a lot of them, comfort is a luxury that often they can’t afford. With that in mind, I appreciate more the blessings I have. I hope others will too. Thanks.

37. Connie T says:

Wow, the first picture of the two guys standing on the back of that big bus, that is unusual. I can’t believe people stand on a little ledge in traffic. If you fell off, you would be ran over. Nice pictures. They do put a lot of stuff on those.

• Not only people stand at the back of the jeep, they even ride the roof tops. Yes, I’m just as baffled but somehow they are glued to the roof. Scary but they also ride the back on a Hi-way speed. It’s all about survival. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

38. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual « Cheryl Andrews

39. jhirzel88 says:

I’ve never seen vehicles like that before. If the tricycle is the most common vehicle in the Phillipines, then essentially, it’s the same as a bicycle but with three wheels and a motor. The third wheel has a carrier, which would seat 6 more people. The motor bike itself only carries 2. I think I’m right on this.

You’ve outbeaten me on my list of unusual things. Mine would have to be watching some sort of an extreme gymnastic.

• Thanks for sharing. I have more unusual stuff to share from my visit to the beautiful Philippines. I just been so busy. Hopefully I get to share it soon. Best wishes to you my friend.

40. frizztext says:

great happy photo gallery!

41. suitablefish says:

great gallery of photos. fun. we could use more ‘carpooling’ like that in this country!

42. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

These photos were excellent excellent excellent – most especially the fish swimming & the photographer viewing the world outside. I love your words in between too. You’re so right what is common to some is new to others – & that’s exactly why I enjoy WordPress; the getting a view of other lives, moments, back yards, views from a hill and so on. You’re so full of life, it’s just wonderful.

• I agree too that WordPress gives me a glimpse of a world . of a life, of a story that I may never experience myself. Each post, each blog, each writer is an inspiration. You’ve been a symbol of courage for me. Thank you. I wish you and our son all happiness , love and peace.

43. Incredible photos and you´re so right – what is unusual for some of us is commonplace for many others. A good thought to ponder for a while.

• Thanks Chica. It took me 4 years to visit home but it only took me a day to appreciate what I left behind. Both worlds have their positive blessings. I hope people see how lucky they are each day. All it takes is an open eyes and a accepting heart.

44. viviene says:

Hhaha.. Goodness I missed Trics and Jeepneys! When I was chatting with Hubby on Skype, we were both laughing when he heard the sound of Trics at the background. We missed it so much but he’ll be back soon and we’ll both ride the tric together. Transpo is more fun in the Philippines!!

BTW, I just tagged you.. =D check out my blog and find out about it.

• I’m excited to check out your blog. Yes, there’s no comparison to the fun, real, exciting Tricycles and the Jeepneys. As they say, it’s fun in the Philippines! Thank you.

45. thirdeyemom says:

This is a fantastic post! I have never seen a ride like this before in all my travels. I like how you wrote it and showed the poverty of your country versus the US where everyone drives huge cars. Thanks so much for sharing! I see that you have quite a following too! So many likes! Keep up the excellent work!

• Thank you. I feel blessed not just to have a family that loves me, but of a generous, supportive blogger friends who believes in me. They inspire me to face life’s adventure’s with renewed enthusiasm. Take care.

46. Ron says:

Letting you know Island Traveller that I have nominated you for three Awards no rules, to thank you and encourage you. Will be back to morrow and check out your post looks good.

Blessings
    Ron

• Thank you , Ron. We all need humor in our life. To laugh, to smile, to be kidding around and be loose. Life is meant to be joyful. To celebrate everyday of God’s blessings. Thank you my friend. I’m honored. God bless you and your family always. Awards are like treasures to me.

47. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual « Flickr Comments by FrizzText

48. Sabina Brave says:

Those vehicles look interesting, and some, those with so many passengers, look amazing… but really lucky we, who have cars.
    We all are unique, and special. There are not two identical people. Even between tweens. We should try to find the best in us, and share it with others. To make this world a better place. :)

• Thanks Sabina. I totally agree, ” We should try to find the best in us, and share it with others. To make this world a better place.” Everything has a role and value in this world. We just need to see their potentials, to give it or them a chance to shine.

49. Barb says:

This does look dangerous. Thank you so much for sharing about your tatay. It is important to hold up that light and look for the best in any situation. thanks for the positive share.

• Thanks Barb. When I look at the tricycle drivers and their passenger, I see people who everyday faces life with courage, perseverance and with hope for better things. I see a people who like me, will do everything, will overcome all odds to give their families a better future. My parents did it for me, now it’s my turn to give my son and wife, a brighter future. The cycle of life continues…

50. Arindam says:

Wonderful post bro. Your hometown is quite similar to mine. But these tricycles are little bit different than ours. You captured the simplicity, happy faces & no fear what so ever that to be in lady’s face so beautifully. I hope this theme was perfect for you, to show us glimpse of your hometown. And the most important thing is that, your son must be very happy seeing this different lifestyle. Did he enjoy the ride on a tricycle or not?
    Best wishes to you bro. :)

• Thanks bro. My love the tricycle ride. He found it exciting and fun. I enjoy watching him discover the simple yet wonderful gems of the Philippines. I’m trying to let him discover that you can be happy with less. It’s all about being creative, exploring nature and valuing your family. Have a blessed day my friend.

• Arindam says:

“I’m trying to let my son discover that you can be happy with less.”, – It just show, how much lucky your son is to have father like you and how much lucky we all are to have a bro like you. Thanks for sharing something really important with each of your post, comment or reply. Best wishes to you bro. :)

• Thanks Arindam. When I was younger, I thought success is defined by having more as the material world wants me to believe. I learned the hard way that it’s not. Happiness is knowing you have people who love you and that you love back. Happiness is being at peace with yourself and finding joy in what God gave us. It’s a humbling experience that promises a life of contentment. Everyday, I remind myself to be grateful. Be blessed my friend.

51. LivE says:

love the shot of the tricycle from behind the aquarium glass! :D

52. aRVee says:

Wow, my friend, this is so home to me, haha… I totally agree this might seem unusual to some but very usual to others… I love the Philippines and everyone should love his/her country…

Thanks for sharing this my friend, this kind of an echo to my Distorted entry… Take care and stay blessed! :)

53. Great shots! Like them!
    Here’s a award for your blog:

Have a great day! :)

54. mj monaghan says:

Absolutely fascinating, my friend!

How does the motor of the tricycle support the weight of 8-12 people?? I like it.

• My dad told me that once, he saw on t.v. a tricycle carrying 20 people as its maximum occupants. I said, “What?” with disbelief. In a place where poverty is overwhelming, people have to make the best of what’s avaliable. I admire this ingenuity and resourcefulness of my countrymen. Makes me proud of them. thank you.

55. jenkakio says:

Very unusual, indeed! I’m planning on going to Thailand next year and I’m kinda nervous riding around in those Tuk Tuks. Have you been to Thailand?

• I haven’t been to Thailand but I heard it’s a beautiful, exotic place with amazing beaches and delicious Thai food. Perhaps next time, when I have the chance, I will visit it next. Thank you. I bet you’re going to have a great time. Take lots of pictures!!!

56. omel07 says:

Brilliant! I can’t elieve I haven’t seen our blog before. Followed you the moment I read your rendition of Unusual. Looking forward to more blogs from you. Keep up the good work, man. :)

57. omel07 says:

Sorry for the typos. I did it on my iPod. :D Thanks for following. :)

58. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: THROUGH « The Great Escape

59. I hope you don’t mind but linked this page from my Weekly Photo Challenge entry. It just fits in so nice to my photo.

• Thank you. I appreciate that. I read your about page and your story inspired me the more that I should follow my heart and seek happiness the way it should have been in the beginning. I wish you and your husband all the best. Our journey should be all about following what our heart tells us. Be safe and best wishes.

60. Madman says:

Absolutely amazing… wow! I wouldn’t dare climbing aboard one of these tricycles!

61. pix & kardz says:

how amazing is this. most unusual!
    thanks for sharing.

62. orples says:

Those trisikads are pretty cool. It looks like the ticket for a family with kids, that would like to enjoy an outing together.

A wonderful collection of unusual for some but common for other modes of transportation. Your photos are always so well done! In some ways, having less is good for the soul. Thank you for the reminder to seek a path of simplicity and gratitude for all the ‘creature comforts’ some of us are overly blessed with. :)

64. pegbur7 says:

I found this not only unusual but fascinating. Thanks for giving us an education on something most of us rarely get to experience and making me realize once again how blessed I am!

• Your welcome. Visiting the Philippines also made realize how blessed I am materially but then it also made me realize what I am missing. I felt I owe it to my countrymen to at least get to share their story. Thanks.

65. I enjoyed this. Your photos, along with your engaging dialogue, made me feel as if I were there. Thank you.

Thank you, also, for visiting Focus on the Artist and subscribing.

66. What a fun and informative post!!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and “liking” so many of mine. :)
    I think people in the US could learn a lot from these pictures…use less gas (so expensive now) and emit less pollution and take up less space. Great for around the city or on country roads…perhaps not the highways. :)

67. Lynne Ayers says:

You are right of course, what is unusual to one may not be the same to another – learning about other cultures is so important, that we don’t judge. I found your comment about feeling uncomfortable riding in a people-powered vehicle; I’m pretty sure I would too, but, your are right again – it is somebody’s livelhood and food on someone’s table. When in Rome …

• That is so right Lynne. I appreciate that you try to be sensitive to other’s daily life and culture. When in Rome…just so fitting. Other than my iPhone camera to take pics, I would walk around in the market and places some people may thing is filthy with my slippers, shorts and sleeveless shirt all excited and happy. It’s a humbling experience and it makes me see things that I would otherwise miss if I was in a rich country. Poverty and suffering is real. It’s painful to see them in person but it’s a must to get out of our comfort zone to appreciate what we have, no matter how little they may seem to be. It is also a great to open our hearts to share, to try our best to contribute something for those who are less materially blessed. Thanks for sharing.

• Lynne Ayers says:

My first lesson in tolerance was a trip around Europe many years ago where I saw women doing their laundry on the rocks down by the river, and the men in the fields behind plows pulled by oxen. Ours is one way, not necessarily the better or right way.

68. andy1076 says:

Love the photos! thank you for sharing and coming to my blog :)

69. “Great way to air dry your hair too” had me rolling. What a great post and great pictures!!! Thank you for sharing and reminding us that not everyone is as fortunate as others may be.

• The funny part my story is that despite of the poverty I saw, these people still smiled and laughed generously. Despite of less, they were genuinely happy and appreciative of whatever little material blessings they get. It serves as an eye opener for me and what priorities I should make…Thanks for sharing. I’m glad you enjoyed the post.

• I think we ALL think that having stuff will make us happier. :) I love your story, hair drying aside, shows that the simple things can be enough. We just don’t always know it. :)

• I agree my friend, “simple things can be enough.” Happiness is finding peace in your heart and feeling a love that never ends. Thank you and have a blessed day.