Through My Son’s Eyes

Through My Son’s Eyes

My son watching the fishes swim at the side of the boat.

Through my son, I get to see the world in a brighter, happier perspective. He helps me remember some of my wonderful childhood memories that I long forgotten. Through his eyes, I see everything around me as a place of wonder. A place where exciting and fun adventures can happen anytime. A place where beautiful stories are likely to happen.

As beautiful as the white-sand beaches that we’d been to are the memories that I will carry and cherish always. I can’t forget the sound of my son’s laughter and the pure happiness on his face as he played in the crystal blue waters. The moment warmed my heart like it did when we watched the breathtaking sunset together. My son does make me feel, like the famous words from the movie Titanic. I do feel like, “I’m the king of the world,” and my eager little prince standing next to me.

On our way home from Boracay , as we rode the boat that will take us to the mainland, my son and I watched the Island that brought us a lot of unforgettable memories. We both knew that one day, we will be back to experience new adventures, perhaps this time he’s old enough to learn how to surf and try the big boy stuff.

I have so much exciting stories to tell. This is just but a glimpse of my Island visit. I hope you enjoyed my interpretation of this Week’s Photo Challenge called “Through.”

What makes you feel like you can go through any obstacles? What makes you shout at the top of your lungs, “I’m the King/Queen of the world,” with overwhelming joy in your heart? Whatever it is, I bet it makes you believe that you can soar and fly.

This entry was posted in family, Island Summer Of 2012, Love, photography, Post A Week, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

71 Responses to Through My Son’s Eyes

1. Island Traveller!!! Sounds (&looks) like you guys are having an unforgettable time!!! Must be special to share this adventure with your son & family at your side!!! Have a blast!!! Looking forward to the stories you bring back!!! :) **

2. Looks like so much fun. I hope to have such adventures with my boys as they grow up.

• You will my friend. Each year, the adventure just gets more exciting. I wish I embraced this way of life long time ago but I’m glad I didn’t wait that long. You and your boys will have a great time discovering the world…Thanks for the comment.

3. rutheh says:

What an exciting story. Thanks for the ping back. Maybe you and your son and family would consider hosting Flat Ruthie for an adventure.
    Best,
    Ruth in Pittsburgh

4. yen says:

Gorgeous photos!:) I’m sure you guys had a great time with your family here in the Philippines! Love the “Titanic” pic of you and your son!:)

• We did Yen. As they say back there, “it’s fun in the Philippines!” The “Titanic” pic was a favorite of mine too. Family and friends makes us feel that we are at the top of the world. Thanks.

It’s really great place. You must be king of the ocean. :)

6. Arindam says:

You are having lots of fun in home town. It was beautiful to see your beautiful world, through your sons eye. I am waiting to hear those exciting stories of your this trip to your home town. Thank you for this beautiful post bro. :) Enjoy your weekend.

7. So special when you see through the eyes of your son….

8. You have a ton of great story to tells. Your son must be happy with you, I’m pretty sure. And i love all the pictures, what a happy family.

• Thank you. We have our moments but pretty much he lights up our world. Having a kid around makes you remember how it feels to be a child. To be free, to be happy, to be adventurous.

9. You picked the perfect way to present “through” to the photo challenge… and as always accompanied by thoughtful and thought provoking words. Gorgeous pictures! So glad you’ve had such a great family time.

• I cant’ fully describe how happy I was to be around my family whom I haven’t seen for 4 years. Just an overflowing of care and affection. Through them, I get to see the world as a place of light, love and hope. Thanks Brooke. Have a lovely day.

The white unbelievably baby powder-fine never-gets-hot barefoot-walking-friendly sand of Boracay!

Childhood is full of wonder and amazement that encourages curiosity and exploration. That’s why it’s hard when childhood is robbed from children by poverty, war, sickness, etc. they really miss out on a valuable life stage.

Looks like fun!

11. Gail says:

That clear greenish blue water is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pictures with us! Hope to see it in person one day!

• I hope you will have the chance to see it one day. It’s a beautiful place although there are a lot of beaches in the Philippines that is comparable yet less affected by consumerism. God bless you and your family.

How wonderful to have experiences through your son’s eyes! Lovely!

13. Sonel says:

Such a beatiful post and entry. Thanks for sharing. :)

14. wolke205 says:

Awwwww :) Wonderful post, sounds like an awesome time :) Take care my friend.

I really like the first photo. Looking forward to more of your stories.

• I had to watch my son closely on the first photo. He was close to the edge of the boat as he stared at the fishes. It was an exiting adventure for all of us. Thanks.

16. barb19 says:

Seeing things through a child’s eye is always so very special, especially when it’s your own child. Great pics!

• Our children make us see things in a different perspective. Everything becomes brighter, better, more happier. There world is all about learning, discovering and exploring. Their optimism and unwavering belief are infectious. Thanks. Have a wonderful day.

17. rommel says:

Uy! You in the Philippines. I can’t wait for my visit there as well. You guys have fun over there. Will look forward to your vacation entries.

• As the new DOT slogan says, “It’s Fun In The Philippines.” Indeed it is. We just need to open ourselves for adventures. The weather still warm and traffic in the big cities just as crazy but it’s nothing compared to the fun that awaits when you visit the beaches and other natural wonders. And the hospitality and generous welcome by friends and family are like no other. I hope you get to visit the country soon. Thanks.

I remember the second photo, Bro. It’s really heartwarming to be able to go back to places that made a great part in your life like that very place in the photo. More so with a love one. Through this places will forever echo a sense of history that’s precious to you and your son. I’m filled with joy as I see you and your son (and the woman of your life whose just right behind the beautiful photo/s) enjoying every second of your vacation here.

I see the better world through you and your family, Bro. Keep us inspired with your optimism.

What makes me shout at the top of my lungs are people like your son and my son who radiates, at this point, hope (for a better future) and fun (for brighter world). They remind me of how beautiful life is.

• Bro, “salamat.” The island holds a special meaning for me. Having to work there for a year, I was able to heal emotionally and spiritually. At one point I felt lost as to what to do with my life. Pretty much, the hours of walking, silence and staring at the sea allowed me to listen to what God really intended for me. And so every time I go home, I will always visit this island. People go there for many reason, I go there to find myself all over again. And this time it’s even more significant since I get to share them now with my wife and son. I wish you and your family the best my friend.

19. Elyse says:

Lovely and heart-felt. Beautiful, IT.

20. dadirri7 says:

a beautiful place, fit for the king of the world and his prince!!!

Wow! What a great post! It’s wonderful to see how good this has been for you and your son.

• There was a time when my son would tip toe when walking on the sand since he find it weird but during this trip, he just adored the water and the soft find sand. He even volunteered to be covered with sand except his face. His laugh sounded so happy. Thanks.

22. Glad you and your family are enjoying this wonderful vacation! It’ll be difficult to ‘go back’ after this..but these photos will remind you to return here soon.

@))–>>—–

• It was hard to go back. Part of me wanted to stay but it’s not time yet. I pray that one day my family and I will stay on a longer basis. My son kept saying, ” I want to live in the Philippines.” I haven’t heard him say that before in any of our trips. My heart sunk after hearing him. Thanks for sharing. God bless you my friend.

23. cobbies69 says:

brill’ post and great pictures for theme.. well done ;)

24. omel07 says:

Reminds me of the time when I was in Boracay with my family. Wonderful take on the challenge. And your photos are stunning. Love the “Titanic” pic. It sure is fun going on adventures with one’s family. Well done, man!

25. Its funny how as adults we take so many things for granted. It’s great that your son is able to remind you how to see wonder and beauty in the simplest things. Cherish these moments! ~Sophia

26. Boracay looks like an enchanting place – how wonderful it must have been growing up there in surroundings like a paradise! Your family will be talking about your visit for years to come and before you know it, you will all be returning for another lovely visit. Thanks for sharing your happiness through your gorgeous photography!

• I told my wife, I wish to grow old one day close to the sea where it’s peaceful, with so much time to appreciate everything around me like nature, people and events. A place where I can listen to my soul and not be bothered by the material world. I still believe it will happen one day…thanks.

Beautiful post! Experiencing things from a child’s perspective is indeed joyful!

28. nelson RN says:

You’ve been to Boracay Island?!!!!!! Wooooow! That’s one of the most beautiful places I’ve been! I can’t wait for your pictures and stories about Boracay! I’m sure you’ve got loads!
    Excellent post on “Through”! I like your perspective! Great pictures too! That “Titanic” pose on the boat is cuuuuute!

• Thanks Nelson. I noticed too that a lot of your wonderful, happy photos with your family where taken in Boracay. My dream? May be live there one day. It’s free to dream right? The “Titanic” pic was a favorite of mine too. Family make us feel like we can do anything. God bless you an your family.

29. 2e0mca says:

I love the way you have used the words to make these excellent photos a great entry for the Challenge :-) Seeing things through our children’s eyes certainly gives a different and often more joyful perspective.

• Thanks my friend. My son makes me see things I long forgotten. He makes me laugh like I am 6 years old again. The problem when we become adults is that we forget that we can be happy, that we can have fun even with most basic, simple of things. We don’t need the latest fancy gadgets to feel excited. All we need is an open heart and a wide imagination.

30. pix & kardz says:

thank you for sharing this wonderful interpretation of ‘through’. Both you and your son are kings of the world :)

Fantastic share! I love the way you presented it; through the eyes of your son. :-)

32. jhirzel88 says:

Your son is definitely one of those people that have a time of their lives sometimes.

Haha, you said that I bet that I could soar my wings and fly! I haven’t had any moments like that. I have actually had imaginations of things where I see Ganandorf living and riding, I guess you could say.that I had some imaginations based on……some things…haha, I’m too embarrassed to say it. It has nothing to do with birds, honest! I was being sarcastic right there, hint hint.

I don’t imagine myself as a parrot, but I imagine others, especially Ganandorf, as one. They are all imaginary, and they can’t use their magic powers on me unless I joined the company. I made a YouTube video about this, but I closed it down. I’ll just blog about it, and I’ll embed the video.

• Thanks my friend. That is one wonderful sharing. Imagination keeps us inspired, excited, motivated. They color our world and brighten our day. It helps us face each day with hope and enthusiasm. It keeps us young. It keeps us happy. And we all deserve to be happy.

33. Hi Mr. B (LOL)….congratulation…

I knew you have already nominated for this award. Then I’ll make it double versatile :)
    Word Press “Versatile Blogger” Award Nomination
    This is an official announcement that I’ve nominating you for the “Versatile Blogger” award.
    As a recent recipient of the award, one of the award rules I must comply with is to:

“Versatile Blogger” Award Rules:

Post a picture of the award – above
    Share 7 random facts about yourself – below
    Nominate 15 other bloggers about this and tell them by leaving comments on their blog – below

What is this Word Press award? “It is a way to introduce bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that the awardees and their readers might not be discovered otherwise.”
    You can read more about the award and my responses to the three required rules at my website: http://abualbanie.wordpress.com/2012/03/31/word-press-versatile-blogger-award-nomination/

From father to father…I’d say …thank you for the inspiration you have given ^_^

~ Hendra Taruna ~

• Thank you my friend. I’m honored that you shared your blessing with me. Awards gives me inspiration and motivation to be better, to create something that hopefully will make a difference in others. Keep up the good work. Your an inspiration to many.

34. Paula says:

A very nice post about sharing and taking part in joint experience :).

35. Pingback: Tropical Island Sun | this man's journey