Light To My Heart

Sunday Post: Light

There’s the physical light that brightens the world and there’s the emotional light that only a human love can fill. Having to see my family after 4 years of yearning, there are no words to describe the happiness that I felt having to spend wonderful time with them day after day. To me, family and their unconditional love gives light to my life. They lit up every corner of my heart and guide me through every dark path.

My son met his cousins for the first time. I saw the light twinkle in his eyes when he started playing with them. He gets to discover the joy of having a big family. From jumping into a pool, to catching fish guppies, to running around with the pet rabbit in our garden, my son had the best of times that only sharing a moment with family and friends can fill. In a way, he too felt the love and how it can light up his world.

What lights up you heart and brightens your day? Whatever it is, I’m sure it makes your eyes twinkle every time. Thank you for sharing your day with me.

This entry was posted in family, Island Summer Of 2012, Love, photography, Weekly Sunday Post and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

77 Responses to Light To My Heart

1. ceceliafutch says:

What a wonderful post! Nothing lights up my world like my children or grandchildren, and it’s even better when shared with siblings or cousins! Thanks for sharing.

A light has been turned on for your son that he will never forget. Having a big family with lots of cousins is so wonderful! How great that he’s had this chance to meet them.

• It was the first time I saw him so happy among relatives of his age. He even did a sleepover in their room the night he met them. Made me feel bad that he has to go back to the U.S. and be by himself again. There’s no substitute to having your extended family around you. Thanks Angeline.

3. Outstanding photos — especially the one of the children jumping into the pool. I can feel the rush of their excitement! And I’m so happy for you and your family, to have this chance to reconnect. You are right — it adds light to life. Beautiful.

• When I saw my son for the first, so happy and excited around his cousins, I felt a bit of sadness that in the next few weeks, we all need to go back to Texas and back to just being a family of three instead of the family of 20 or more. Being around family is very important…It’s something I knew for awhile but became so clear when I saw him laugh and smile with a truly joyful heart. Thanks.

4. jenkakio says:

*sigh* I remember those days where I could spend all day at the pool, just jumping in and out of the pool. Now it’s all about tanning, cardio, or trying to make sure all my fat are covered up. LOL To be young again!

• It’s like reading my thoughts when you said, “When I was younger, my relationship with my cousins was very special. My cousins were like my best friends and siblings all rolled up into one.” They were. Adulthood changed everything. Now,it’s been years since I saw anyone of them. Why does a happy childhood have to end? Can’t it be like that even when we’re older? I hope and pray that I can give my son a similar magical moment with his cousins. I’m crossing my fingers. Thanks for a beautiful sharing…

5. There’s nothing like having a family here, right? My cousins in the US visit us once every 5 years and every time that happens, we can’t get enough of each other! We hardly even sleep, LOL.
    …and every parting brings buckets and buckets of tears for everyone.
    I’m so glad your son had experienced the wonder of having a big Filipino family!

@))–>>—-

• I’m so glad too that my son experienced the wonder and joy of having a big Filipino family. No amount of Disney adventures or Universal Studio rides can match the pure joy of being around a huge, happy family. Everyday is like party and adventure time. So, I’m hoping to go back soon…Thanks for sharing a wonderful comment. Stay blessed…

6. jakesprinter says:

Great entry my friend :)

Your light of happiness shines brightly my friend! Enjoyed my visit with you and your loved ones today. With love, sunshine :)

8. Pingback: deLIGHTed!! « Simply Charming

9. imexcited says:

Lovely post and photos! BTW, thanks for the pingback :)

10. Arindam says:

What ever you said in this post is so true. Nothing makes me more happier than to be with my family; nothing makes me feel more stronger than to be the blessings of the elder ones and nothing means to me more than love of my family members. I am glad to know a person, who see the world, just as I always do. As always your post spoke to me lots of good things about life. Thank you bro. :)

• Thanks Bro. To me, just like you, family is everything. They are my ultimate treasure. The sunshine that lights up my day and bring a smile to my soul. No material wealth can match that. Stay blessed always.

11. Connie T says:

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.

12. omel07 says:

I remember when I was a kid playing with my own cousins and swimming in one of the resorts here. Fun times. Just like what you and your family is experiencing. Love the “catching guppies” picture. :)

• We have a big backyard that now has lots of ponds from guppies to mollies to red freshwater shrimps. All my siblings were nature lover and we even at one point have a fish shop. Now the next generation share the same joy and passion of being close to nature. I miss all that now that I’m back in America…Thanks for sharing.

13. I know the feeling of anticipation and finally seeing your family. You are blessed! Stay happy and celebrate life everyday, my friend!

14. Nothing like lots of cousins. And for your son to discover them and meet them at his age. He will never forget this trip and will be looking forward to the next one. It won’t be long before he asks you, at the same time you ask yourself, “When can we go back?”

• Thanks Georgette. He told his cousins without being asked several times, “I want to live in the Philippines,” as they were playing. I felt my heart being squeezed when I heard what he said.

15. Cheryl says:

How wonderful that you and your wife made this happen for your son!

• It was my son’s wish to visit his grandparents. To see the beautiful country they talked about. He waited for almost 2 years. I am so proud of him. He was full of enthusiasm and excitement. The heat nor traffic didn’t bother him. Everything was a chance for adventure for him…he’s like my mini me! Thanks Cheryl.

16. Oh what fun! I’d love a chance to play with that adorable pet rabbit! :)

• Yes, the rabbit was a lot of fun…may be when we go back next year or the year after that, there are now lots of baby rabbits running all over our garden. That would be fun. Thanks Barbara. Have a beautiful day!

Neat pictures! We used to collect tadpoles as kids….can’t imagine doing that now, Ugh!

• I did that too including local pond fishes. We would drain the drying ponds every Summer and catch the fishes with much joy and excitement. My gosh, I still remembered them! I hope my son can experience stuff like this one day. We all are kids once and it does only happen once. We should not let chances of adventures pass us by…Thanks Madhu.

18. Great photos! My best childhood memories were playing with my cousins. How wonderful that you’ve blessed your son with such treasured family moments that no money can buy :)

• I thought, he deserves to have this priceless treasure. A treasure of being around cousins of his age. He never looked so happy. From sleepovers to playing zombie games, his laughter can be heard in our house. Thanks for a wonderful sharing. Have a lovely day!

After reading the comments, I realize that you also give light to so many readers by bringing back the fun childhood memories. Nice post.

• Comments are important to me. It makes me feel connected to the other bloggers who gives light and joy through their posts and constant sharing of response. To me, this is what blogging is all about. That is what being a blogger friend is all about. Thank you. Wishing you an awesome day!

20. Madman says:

Open your heart and soften your skin! Thank you for the share :-)

• Hmmm, soften my skin? That’s why I use lotion and moisturizers during the cold months…ha, ha, ha! Yes, opening our hearts is the key to feel that we are truly human. That we can laugh, cry, feel and give love, to dream , to share someones dream….
      Thanks for sharing Bro…

21. wolke205 says:

*Sigh* is the only thing I can add to this wonderful post. Take care, big hugs.

• Sigh may be all that I need . Thank you. You’d been a very generous blogger friend. Your thoughts and visions are a breath of fresh air that inspires every time…Thanks.

22. Having a large family myself, my children have cousins, cousins and more cousins. They have so much fun when they get together. Somehow the word “cousin” turns complete strangers into best friends. I’m glad that you are able to share those memories with your children.

• Seeing him around his cousins made me realized how blessed I am as a child growing up around a huge family. Everyday is like adventure day when I was about his age. I wish I can give him the same childhood experience not just for a month of vacation but for a longer time, perhaps even years until he outgrows his childhood. Every child deserves a fun and happy childhood among kids of his/her age. To build memories and “best friend” relationships. Thank you for a beautiful sharing….

I’m pretty sure he’ll have a hard time leaving the more fun hometown, Bro. I know!

• Your were right. He is to young to express the sadness and homesickness of being away from the people you just had a beautiful memory with. He would wake up early morning for the past 2 weeks looking for ham that he would eat in his grandparents house every breakfast. He would also mimic the voice of his older cousins, even until today. I felt sad in a way cause I can’t give those wonderful connections with cousins on a regular basis. That is the price that a lot of us migrants have to pay in pursuing a dream. In the end, to me, there’s still no place like home…your original home….Thanks Bro.

Cute cute bunny! :D
    Besides the cute bunny photo, I have to tell you that the first picture is super awesome, as well! You’ve just captured the moment!

25. nelson RN says:

There’s nothing like being with your loved ones. Are you still in the country? I hope you are having the best of time! Enjoy!
    Great post, as always!

• I’m back now in Texas. Back to reality! The happy memories would warm those days of longings. I’m still thankful that God gave me the chance to go home. Perhaps he will grant my next wish…Thanks Bro.

26. Cherished and special memories for you all! I love that photo of the children all jumping into the pool…it really captures that moment when your heart leaps and you hold your breath in anticipation of hitting the water. Fabulous :)

• I wish everyday, we will have moments like this, “…it really captures that moment when your heart leaps and you hold your breath in anticipation of hitting the water…”
      Life can be exciting, fun and full of glorious adventures if we choose it to be. Now that it’s Summer soon…I bet we will all be doing a lot of jumping, leaping in the water or off the water. Whatever it is, lets all celebrate them as often as we can. Thank you Chica. Have a wonderful day!

27. zannyro says:

Wonderful post! Love the swimming pool and the energy and happy emotion it captures..so glad I found you!

28. Pingback: Kreativ Blogger « Writing Life in Words & Photos

29. */-)ndr¡X* says:

I just loved what you wrote, specially the images transmit all emotions without words, they are really wonderful.
    This is for you! :)

Have a great week! :D

30. frizztext says:

I like your term EMOTIONAL LIGHT!

31. Cathy G says:

Thank-you for stopping by my blog! Glad I found your site – nice post!

32. Tammy says:

What a great story of your kids meeting their cousins! That is truly a wonderful light.

33. Judy says:

I’m so glad the trip finally came! yay! And the photos are beautiful! I love the images of the children….what great memories made in the light of love. Great post!

• The hardest part was leaving. We really wanted to stay including my 6 year old. How can you say good bye to something that brought you so much happiness? Can’t really , right? Thanks for sharing Judy.

Welcome back! I was so happy for you that you took this journey home with your family… What a wonderful blessing! TY for sharing your pictures. ;-)

• It was a journey I’d been hoping and dreaming for a long time. And now that it did happen, it was magical, just as I imagined. I felt blessed. Life is about making happy memories as many as we can. Thanks for being a generous blogger friend. Take care…

Thnaks for sharing these precious memories. These photos are really special. TY

• The were special and will always be. It’s a reminder for me that happy things can happen again and again if we allow it too. Take care my dear friend AuntYuta. Wishing you and your family life’s wonderful blessings.

36. munchow says:

What a delight it must be to see your family after all these years. And for us readers of your blog it’s been very touching to follow you and your family back to your old country. I have followed you even if I haven’t had much time to write any comments. For me the picture of the kids jumping in the pool says it all. And what a background for the pool! Thanks for sharing these wonderful moments.

• Thanks Munchow. I always look forward to your posts and comments. Full of inspiring insights. I agree when you wrote, “For me the picture of the kids jumping in the pool says it all.” It did. Wouldn’t it be awesome if our days are filled with moments like this?

37. jhirzel88 says:

I can see that it must be warm there, since they have opposite seasons on that side of the world.

Is the rabbit in the last picture real? When you said that it was a pet rabbit, I was thinking that it was just decoration to make the garden look better. Do you have fencing to contain it?

38. Pingback: Sunshine Award!! « Writing Life in Words & Photos

39. It was a real rabbit. We let is play in our garden for a while. Our house is gated so it won’t go anywhere. The tricky part was catching it in the thick garden plants when it’s time to place it back in its house. It’s not safe for them to be outdoors at night. Predators of the night abounds…
    I’m happy for you when your said, “I suppose that seeing my mom sell out of cupcakes early brightens my day. Going home early is what I always look forward to.” Family is the best gift that we could ever receive. One day, you may have to go somewhere far due to work or travel, you’ll realized how much you’ll miss every moment with them…including the nagging moments, ha, ha, ha….been there my friend….best wishes to you and your family.