Tropical Island Sun

A Perfect Sunny Day

The Sun gives a different glow just after the morning Sunrise. It's glow inspires your heart to dream, to celebrate freedom, to find happiness, to explore and seek adventures, to truly "live" your life and enjoy every moment of it. To experience one is a blessing.

Everyone has their definition of a perfect day. To me, it involves being close to the beach with lot’s of playful Sun and being around the people I care about.

My Island Summer gave me a lot of reasons to smile. From the family visits to the almost daily feast of seafood my town is noted for. In all these adventures, the tropical Sun gave a lot of unforgettable visuals. The sky became an exciting canvas of radiant colors from the glorious  golden sunrise promising a beautiful, fun-filled day to the romantic, dreamy sunset that no heart can’t resist.

The sunset in Boracay Island never fails to take my breath away.

The morning that we left the Island, I asked my wife to sit close to me as we stare at the sea for one last time. I felt the Sun’s warmth, giving me a sense of comfort and assurance that soon enough, the tides will bring me and my family back to this place that gave us so much happy memories. I closed my eyes for a moment and imagined that my wish has already come true.

How does the “Sun” inspire you? What is a perfect day for you? I hope you enjoyed my post for this week’s photo challenge called Sun. May it bring a fun-filled sunshine to your day.

This entry was posted in Island Summer Of 2012, photography, Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

89 Responses to Tropical Island Sun

• I will…now you made me long for it more. ha, ha, ha. I do believe that one day it will happen. Me and my wife are trying to make a plan so we can go home soon. Take care and God bless you my friend.

1. Freedomborn says:

Beautiful Memories stay in the heart and we will always remember your friendship and wonderful Photography but the evil W.P Hacker has made it too hard to comment on your Blog, we wish you and your family much Love and Joy.

Christian Love from us both Ron and Anne.

• Sorry about the hacker issue. I hope WordPress will find the culprit and fix the whole problem. I appreciate all the inspiring comments you and Ron gave me. Like the Sun’s rays, they warmed my heart. God bless you both.

We have way too much sun at home and I usually shun it :-) The plate of seafood sounds tempting though!

• I grew with the Sun literally smiling at me. And though the tropics can be scorching hot … and humid, the Sun and all the fun stuff under it, I will always remember and celebrate. I guess it’s just who I am. thanks for sharing.

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Sun #3 «

4. nelson RN says:

I loooove Boracay island too! I also have a shot of that small islet :)
    Boracay sunsets are so stunning!
    That last shot is priceless!

• I agree with all you said. My dream is to one day live there…to walk every morning by the beach as I greet the Sun when it wakes up …wouldn’t that be beautiful? Thanks Bro. Wishing you and your family lots of amazing sunsets and sunrise…

5. jakesprinter says:

Great post my friend , more exciting pleasure under the sun, I love your entry Excellent work :)

6. Sonel says:

Oh wow! That is so beautiful IT! I would never have been able to go away from that island..really! I would love to live on an island like that. What an amazing time you had and you’re right..the tides will take you back. Stunning shots and great entry my friend. :)
    *hugs*

• Perhaps one day, when I’ll be blessed with the chance to live there, I will invite my blogger friends. Wouldn’t that be awesome? It’s not impossible right? Thanks Sonel for the wonderful comments. Take care…

7. omel07 says:

You’re definition of a perfect day is not so far from mine. :D You made nice memories. Always cherish them in your heart. :)

8. wow…amazing island ….I wish I could be there…..^_^

How precious time that you spend. The beach is so beautiful and clean. :)

10. ponky says:

sunny or rainy as long as I got good photos, its perfect :-) beautiful photos!

11. I’m a morning person, but that sunset picture is just amazing. I live on the coast and sun on the water is one of the most incredible things on the planet.

• You are so lucky that you live on the coast. That is one of my dream places to relocate. If I ventured into traveling Nursing before, I would probably request being assigned anywhere close to the sea. Yep, I will always be in love with the sun, the sea and the beaches around it. Thank you for sharing a beautiful comment.

12. The sun and the beach and all is well with the world! Thanks for sharing.

• I agree that the beach, the sun and all that is around it are beautiful anywhere in the World. It is up to us to open our eyes and heart to appreciate them. Thanks for sharing.

13. Cheryl says:

Definitely breathtaking … there is something extraordinarily blessed about the rising sun.

14. Your little island picture, the next to the last one, makes a magical silhouette.

• It is magical. It’s actually a shrine of the Blessed Virgin Mary. A lot of the Islanders are Catholics and faith is a huge part of their lives. Most tourists though see it as a perfect subject of a “Kodak” moment. Thank you Georgette. Have a blessed weekend.

15. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge : Sun « Cheryl Andrews

16. thirdeyemom says:

As always such an incredibly beautiful and touching post. Thank you so much for sharing!

17. Arindam says:

Great post bro. As always beautiful pictures with some beautiful & thought provoking words. It must have been a great feeling to stare at the sea before living your beautiful island. All my best wishes to you & your family bro. :)

• Thanks Arindam. Honestly, I didn’t want to leave but reality can be a total “kill joy” at times. I had to go back to Texas and do my commitments. My dream though is that one day, I could save enough for my family and that all of us will return home for good. Life is too short not to follow our dreams and the things that makes us happy.

Iknew just by looking at the photos that you were in Boracay even without reading the captions. The characteristically fine sand gave it all away! Glad to see you got some R&R. What a place to have it too! Good for the body and the soul. Good for the family and relationships. How fun!

• Thank you my friend. I know, the fine sand was a giveaway clue! I still have two just as fun beaches to share that is unknown to many but just as spellbinding. I hope I can share it soon.

Your island sunset is one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen :) Judy

• Thanks Judy. Those Sunsets are unforgettable. They are one of the reasons why I will always long for the Islands. No material glitter can replace that. I really didn’t realize what I miss until I left the Islands about 10 years ago. Now all that I ever think about is when will I return and see it once again.

20. Patti Kuche says:

You are “Sunshine Superman” with your stunning pictures and thoughtful words. The glassy water sitting under those most amazing clouds of your island sunset is such a beautiful and complimentary contrast. Enjoy your week-end!

• Thank you Patti. For as long as I can remember, I love the Sun and all the fun times it brings. I remember after school that me and friends would head for the beach still in our uniforms and would take a swim wearing jeans…yes, those jeans where heavy when wet!

What a breathtaking photo that last one is of Boracay. What a place! My perfect day too needs sunshine with the possibility of that perfect sunset.

• The Sun and it’s ever inspiring sunset and sunrise is priceless gift from heaven. Everyday it creates a different magic that captures everyones heart. Thanks for sharing. Have great day.

22. Sabina Brave says:

I like your definition of the perfect day :) 3rd picture takes breath away. Amazing view.
    Have a nice rest of the weekend.

• The third picture made me stop while walking by the beach. I just sat on the sand and stared at it until the Sun was almost gone. I looked at the sky , the sea, the happy and excited tourists having a great time at the beach. It was beautiful. It helped me rediscover how wonderful life can be if we want it to be so. I felt peace and gratitude at that very moment. Thanks Sabina.

I love your selection for the sun challenge… Terrific! :-)

• Thank you. One of my happiest moments which I hope to recreate as often as possible involves the beach, with lots of sunshine and among family and friends that fills you heart with love and laughter. That’ll be a dream come true if I can that everyday. Perhaps one day.

Boracay island… very beautiful.
    The sun inspires not only warm love but if you add a beach to a lovely sunny day . . . ahhh, heaven!

25. Gorgeous views. Makes me wish I was there, catching either the sunrise or the sunset. Seeing either one on your island would be breath-taking. Thanks for sharing this beautiful post. :-)

• Your welcome and thank you for sharing. I believe every sunset or sunrise would just be as beautiful anywhere in the world if we take the time to just stop whatever we are doing, be still and just be blown away by it’s beauty. There are times when I would bring my son to school just as the Sun is rising, and it’s just a pure image of inspiration.

26. Ayin C. says:

Always wanted to see the sun in Boracay. I bet it has a warmer feeling there. Lol. I only came as far as Batangas.

• Thanks Ayin C. One day you will. Boracay’s ever fascinating Sun is beautiful but the beaches in Batangas and anywhere in the Philippine coastline, is just as beautiful with a unique spell of its own. I remember seeing the Sunset of Manila Bay while in a friends wedding in Roxas Boulevard…I was just stunned for a moment because it was just amazing.

• Ayin C. says:

Well, you have a point about the sun.. But I will stick to the fact that Boracay sunset will be epic as much. Manila Bay sunset indeed is relieving.

27. I always found that the constant dreariness of Eugene made it hard to get energized. Moving down to SoCal, I found that the sunshine inspired me to get out and do things. That’s what the sun means to me, even on the most humdrum sun days. :)

• Thanks Deborah. The Sun, even during it’s hottest days, somehow brings its joyful brightness to my days. It inspires me to get out there and make new memories and adventures. Best wishes to you and your family.

28. Boracay is beautiful. Sun, sand and sea in the company of loved ones and friends – the perfect day :)

• It was a perfect day and the best part of it is that we can all recreate a similar moment anytime, anywhere for as long as we have the elements of that day. Thank you for sharing.

29. Thank you to all your comments and your visits. They create a glow to my day, just like the wonderful brilliance of the Sun’s powerful ray. I wish you all an amazing day full of inspiration.

30. Colline says:

I enjoy that you have taken the weekly photo challenge and linked it to your own life. Looks like you enjoy the sun in your life – and a beautiful beach. Looks like an island paradise to me :)

• It is. My blog is all about my hopes and dreams . It’s about the world I see and live in. Good and bad. Laughter and tears. Joy and sadness. Thus, it’s easy to be carried away when the emotions gets a bit overflowing. Thanks Colline for a wonderful comment.

31. I look forward each week to read your interpretation of the theme. They are so personal and heartfelt.

32. The sunset is incredibly beautiful… I can’t get over all the different breathtaking shades of color in the water and in the sky…

I loved all your photos of the sun, especially the sunset.

34. pix & kardz says:

hi island traveller. i seem to be having a challenge leaving a comment again, but i will persevere. this is now my third attempt, and so far so good :)
    thanks for sharing these beautiful moments. that sunset shot is incredible!

• Thank you for your persistence. I actually have the same problem sometimes like my screen would freeze. Supposedly the WordPress staff are trying to correct them. I hope it can be fixed soon. For now, I wish to thank everyone for their patience and constant blogger friendship. Take care.

I love the third photo. Makes me want to be there … too bad I’m a starving writer so I’ll have to make it through with your awesome travel photos :)

36. Words We Women Write says:

Island traveler ~ I’m transported! That’s one playful sun :)

37. Madman says:

Your sunset picture is a real invitation to relax, open your mind, soften your skin and become aware of how delightful life can be. Take care :-)

38. aRVee says:

I miss your blog my friend. You must have enjoyed your stay in this beautiful paradise, Boracay. Have a great day! :)

• Every day it was an exciting adventure for me from the amazing company of family and friends, to the delicious food to the beautiful beaches on the towns I visited. Yes, it felt like paradise and that’s why it was so hard to live. Thanks Bro.

• aRVee says:

You’re welcome bai, glad you enjoyed every moment of it, must be very fulfilling considering how much you missed the Philippines. Stay blessed! :)

Beautiful post! Love the last photo of handholding.

40. Pingback: I Love Summer Because… | this man's journey