Together We Can Make A Difference

Something beautiful happens when people join hands together. Even more magical when more than one heart share a dream.

Together we can make a difference.

As the Boracay dragon boat rowers cut through the crystal clear waters, their  powerful chant sounded like, “You can do it. Together we can win it!” The words echoed for a while. It was an inspiring moment.

When we join forces and work with one mind and heart, we can conquer any obstacle. Nothing seems impossible. If we do fail, we know that someone will be there to help us pick up the pieces and start all over again. We find comfort knowing we will never be alone.

Together we can make amazing adventures and discoveries.

“This is the best trip ever,” yelled the twins to their mom as they jumped into the soothing waters of Basiao, a coastal village 45 minutes from my hometown. Time seemed to have frozen itself in this peaceful village. The beach is just as quiet and beautiful from the last time I remembered it. The road, still an exciting roller coaster bumpy ride from years of broken promises by the politicians. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise that progress and commercialism haven’t ravaged the purity of the place. More than 20 years after my first discovery of the beach, it still looked and felt like paradise.

Together, magic happens.

If you do catch one, cherish them always in your heart. It will bring light into your world. Brighter and better than you ever imagined.

Together we can make our dreams come true.

Every person has a dream. When we work together, we are one step closer to those dreams.

Together we can build a home

Everyone hopes to have a home. A home that is happy, peaceful, filled with love that never ends. A lot of times, we realize it’s not always like that, but somehow our love persevere and we make it through. Yes, it may not be perfect but it’s our home and we all pitch in to make it as perfect as possible.

Finishing the roof of somebody’s dream house. To become a home, that’s where the real work begins…

Together we can make a new memory that we will treasure and share for years to come.

If there’s one thing that I’m happiest the most, that would be being around my family. But if I’m to get a wish as to where I would like for all of us to be, then that would be the place where I had the fondest and happiest childhood memories.

It was an amazing feeling to walk the sands of the beach where I used to play as a boy. More amazing is that I get to walk on it with the little boy who gives me a reason to smile everyday. I’m not only reliving an old beautiful memory but more importantly, I’m making a brand new one, this time with my 6-year old son. Together with his mom, we will rule the world. Our own little world.

I hope you enjoyed my version of the Weekly Photo Challenge theme called “Together.” I hope it brought you wonderful memories, or inspired you to make new ones. Life has so many stars to offer, all we need is to pick the right one and let it shine the way it is meant to be.

This entry was posted in Culture, family, Inspiration, Island Summer Of 2012, Life, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

117 Responses to Together We Can Make A Difference

1. This was really sweet, and really true. The photos and your words are perfect for this challenge.

2. Kongo says:

Great togatherness photos!

Great entry! I love that first photo…it shows “together”. And how wonderful to start memories with your son in the place you grew up!

• The first photo is a favorite of mine too. Every time I see the group paddling the still waters, never fails to fascinate me.As for me and my son and the adventures we had in the Islands, a unforgettable moment for me. Thanks Angeline. Have a wonderful day.

4. Basiao sounds amazing. I think it really is a blessing that it is still the paradise you remember. I worry about what will happen to Palawan.

• I hope the people of Palawan will really take good care of all it’s beautiful gifts of nature. A lot of the coral reefs, forests, rivers, beaches had been damaged in the Philippines because of greed and lack of concern for nature for so many years. It’s sad if we still don’t learn from the past. Palawan as the last hardly touched natural beauty of my country. I hope we get to preserve it. Thanks for sharing…

5. wolke205 says:

Perfect photos, true words :) I love the sea stars, never seen one “live” tho. Have a good time & take care, hugs.

• Thank you. The sea stars were an exciting discovery. The children piled it up on the sand, my sisters and I returned it back to the sea, thus the flying star effect. It was beautiful.

• There were star fish every where. Mostly grey ones. I’ve seen in other islands colored red or blue. So cool. Thanks for sharing my friend…

6. shoes says:

This is beautiful in both words and photos.

7. HoaiPhai says:

Very touching, and great images. By the way, thanks for the pingback!

8. You picked my favorite spot … the beach. You have quite a few images here that are all saying one thing …. nature is paradise and working together is easier.
    Very nice ….

9. ebethknits says:

I never knew that starfish fly or “fly”!? I have to look that up. Thanks for sparking my curiousity. :)

• Well, I kind of had a wild imagination. I wanted to think that they flew.My sisters, nephews and I were actually returning them to the sea, where their home is. It was an exciting experience. For a moment, we felt like kids. Thanks for sharing.

Another beautiful entry!

I am so impressed, encouraged and inspired by your beautiful heartfelt words and pictures that brought to life your memories past and present. Your message on togetherness are well taken. Thanks for sharing yourself and your world with us.

• Thank you Francine. I felt blessed to have the chance to share amazing memories and adventures with my family. I will always be grateful for that.

12. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Together « Inside the Mind of Isadora

13. I feel like a broken record, but I am so taken by the photos–and that I can travel to an island for a few minutes that I might never get to see for real. Keep em coming! Suzanne

• Thanks Suzanne. Every time I look at the pictures or read the blog’s thoughts, my mind drifts to that one unforgettable place. A place where I had an amazing time. A place where beauty in the most simplest of things abounds.

I am sooooooooo jealous! You and your family must have had an awesome vacation!

• We did. We had so much fun that we didn’t want to leave. Why does great things have to end? Perhaps next year, I may get lucky and get to go home once again. Thanks for sharing.

15. thirdeyemom says:

Simply beautiful!

16. I enjoyed your version – a lot. Beautiful words, beautiful photos. Thanks for the togetherness. :-)

17. Blink says:

hey.. you actually proved what unity literally mean.
    trust me anything can be done when everyone cooperates with one another :)
    i am loving the beautiful beach pictures..creative man!

stay blessed

• Thank you. There’s this innate virtue in every Filipino called “bayanihan” spirit. During the old age, whenever another family needs to transfer their native hut, people of the village would help literally lift the house and place it where it needs to relocate. The wives would then cook food for the men who helped out without expecting any monetary reward. This first two photos reminded me of such generous spirit.

Totally enjoyed your ‘together’ entry and all the memories and dreams you shared. *smiling*

I love your photos and words. The beach is one of my favorites places. It seems anything is possible when you can share your dreams.

• The beach is one of my favorite places too and what makes it more fun and memorable is when I get to share it with people I care about. Thanks for sharing…have a great weekend.

20. jeanne says:

Two together are always better than one…

21. An absolutely beautiful essay. The photos were perfect — so wonderfully captured and they fit right into what you were saying. This line was truly great, “The road, still an exciting roller coaster bumpy ride from years of broken promises by the politicians.” So much — with so few words!

• It was a fun bumpy road experience for me. My dad didn’t think it was that fun though. We had to stop several times because he taught we were lost. To him it felt like a forever 45 minutes. I knew it was the right one from the beginning of our trip. I didn’t care if my butt hurt a bit…it was worth it all after seeing the beach….Thanks.

22. thirdhandart says:

Amazing captures! I share your belief, “When we join forces and work with one mind and heart, we can conquer any obstacle.” Wonderful entry!

• Thank you. I do believe in the power of numbers. I work in an environment where team work is critical. It is vital in life and death situations in an emergency setting.

23. Sonel says:

What a stunning and inspirational entry my friend! Absolutely awesome! Love the photo’s! :)
    *hugs*

24. Tilly Bud says:

A lovely interpretation of the prompt.

What is on that little island?

• There’s a small sandy beach on the small island with lots of rocks and corals around it. We saw a lot of small crabs and star fish. I tried snorkeling but the water was somewhat cloudy that day. Thanks Tilly Bud.

25. Excellent way to meet the photo challenge…

26. Ron says:

Thank you Island Traveler for the continuing of your yourney with your boy ,delightful to see the shots and to see the delight and peace you have there together. You will have many memories to savor .

blessings
    Ron

• Thanks Ron. This journey with my family inspires me to face each day with renewed optimism. To embrace life and all that it has to offer with joy, hope and acceptance. It inspires me to be more adventurous. To try new things. It gives me a sense of meaning…

27. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Together « The Life And Times Of A Dreamer

What a great challenge for this week. I enjoyed your beautiful shots and sentences. Have a great day. :)

29. Loved the starfish in the sky. Now, that’s magical.

• It felt amazing when we all tossed it back to the water. It seemed to freeze itself in the sky, just long enough for us to enjoy the brief magical moment . Thanks Georgette.

30. smirkpretty says:

This is such a good contradiction to the isolation and loneliness. There is such simple, bold hope in reaching out and connecting. Thank you.

• Thank you. Through connections with the people that I care about and the people I meet each day, life and its adventures has been more meaningful and more fulfilling. It felt almost like a gift that comes at my doorsteps everyday.

Together we can make a difference. I believe this is so true.

32. dearrosie says:

I don’t know how others do it, but I just can’t keep up with all the blogs I like to read and yours is one I haven’t visited for a while. I apologize for my absence, but I’m so glad I came over today. This post with your beautiful photos and heartfelt essay warms my heart.

• Thank you Dearrosie. I feel blessed that I have blogger friends like you that inspires me every time. I appreciate each visit. Have a great weekend.

33. Jackie Paulson says:

wow, the starfish in the sky is amazing. I try to keep up and I am sorry I was working security 14 hrs a day from Jan to Now and I got a raise and promotion…so I will be on more often now… I am in a better position: command center 8 hrs a day now start on monday May 8th YIPPIE

• Congratulations with the raise and promotion. You deserve it my friend. You’re a very talented , hard working person.I’m happy for you. God bless you always.

Beautiful post and I love the starfish. ;-)

Finally catching up again.Thanks for your patience! :-)

36. omel07 says:

Basiao is lucky to be kept the same over the course of 20 years considering the expansions and commercialism nowadays. All the more reason to keep coming back to it. And creating more memories. :)

• I will my friend. Hopefully, I get to go back next year, and every thereafter. If there’s one thing I learned as I get older, we can’t miss life’s opportunities for happiness, love, fun and adventures. So much to explore and experience with so little time. Thanks for sharing.

37. justjulia says:

Great entry :) The pictures and the story, both!

38. babso2you says:

Very nice blog! Thank you for signing up to follow my blog! I hope that you will find it entertaining! Barb

39. amira says:

those stars flying across the sky … are they for real??? :D
    nice post

• The were live star fish that we found on the sand. my sister and the kids tossed them back to the sea, I took their picture while being suspended on air…the rest, were part of my huge imagination. But wouldn’t it be cool if they do fly? It’s free to dream…Thanks Amira.

40. Arindam says:

Bro as always a beautiful & heartfelt post. Love it. Your pictures & words are perfect for these theme. I specially like your thoughts on” together we can build a home”. This one is so true. A building becomes home only when we stay there together with those people whom we love and care. Great post bro.

• Thanks Bro. The home part was a favorite of mine. It means a lot to me. Brought me a lot of wonderful and nostalgic memories. Memories that led me back to a home that brought me great joy.

41. Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. Beautiful photos you have here! twinkly

42. Rhianna says:

Some of these photos remind of beautiful Bali. Thanks for sharing.

• Thank you. I never been to Bali but the photos I’ve seen about it are always filled with beauty, calmness, even exotic fun and excitement. Where ever we are, we can always find a place similar to Bali. All we need is to open our eyes and heart for it.

43. Although I absolutely agree with your (as always) wonderful post, it reminded me of when my love said to me “if two people are looking the same direction, they can accomplish anything”.

I have nominated you for two awards. Please pick up here: http://wp.me/p23TG1-EN

45. Beautiful photos and beautiful words!!! Really enjoyed reading your post! Have a wonderful weekend! ~Sophia

46. cuhome says:

Absolute amazing photos! I especially liked “There is a place where magic happens. A place where you see stars flying across a perfectly blue sky in broad daylight. Every now and then you get lucky and get to catch a few.” This is just beautiful!

47. Thank you. It’s easy to find magic on places and people who brought us much inspiration.

48. Oh my! That would be a trip of a lifetime for me! So beautiful and so inspiring that you were able to go back home and create new memories with your son! Love the post and beautiful photography!

49. These pictures are amazing! You are so good a capturing LIFE on film.

Great photos – and beautiful sea stars. “Together” is such an important word.

51. thequincycollective says:

Much greater things are achieved through collaboration over competition.

52. SAJ says:

very inspiring. thank you for sharing!

53. jhirzel88 says:

You had another good day at the beach. Good luck with the construction of that roof that you will have all worked very hard on.

54. Pingback: I Love Summer Because… | this man's journey