Up, Up And Away!

There are vehicles that gives us excitement and fun. Of freedom that’s totally exhilarating. Of a moment where your heart pounds strongly with joy.

My brother-in-law woke us up early all excited for our parasailing adventure. We rode a tricycle that took us to the beach where a boat awaits.

I decided to back out as soon as we reached the floating bamboo platform. I slipped and fell 3 days ago and hurt my back. I was pain-free that day but I got scared that I may have back spasm while on air.

I could hear the laughter of my wife’s sister as the parasail wing lifted off. Soon enough, she and her brother were like tiny birds hovering the cloudy island sky. I could hear my brain saying, “Up, up and away!”

During their descent, the boat captain teased them a bit as their feet bounced on the dark blue waters. We were all paranoid of sharks. The boat captain assured us there were none. At least none that they saw recently.

I asked my brother-in-law, “How was it?” He said, “It was a lot of fun. I felt totally free as if nothing else matters. “

In a way, I wanted to experience it myself but my fear of my back overshadowed my sense of adventure. I felt bad for a moment. On our way back to the beach, the boat captain let me drive the speed boat.It was fun. Not the “Oh, my gosh” kind of fun but more of a “That’s so cool” kind of fun.

Thank you for joining me in this week’s Sunday post called “vehicle.” Just remember that it’s not just how we ride the tides that creates unforgettable events but whom we share it with.

Whatever opportunities life gives us, always try to make the most of it. Always try to have fun and make new exciting memories. I did and I can’t wait for my next adventure.

This entry was posted in Island Summer Of 2012, photography, Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Sunday Post and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

76 Responses to Up, Up And Away!

I am so sorry to hear that you have hurt your back. It is so easy to do, and takes so long to recover so you were wise not to go parasailing. It looks as though it is fun and maybe you can do it next time….love P God Bless you all

• For sure, I will try it next time. I had worse back injury that I didn’t want to cause more harm. I’m not getting younger anymore. I still had a great time though. Thanks Patrecia. I’m excited to hear from you again.

2. jakesprinter says:

A very exciting Experience thanks for sharing my friend :)

3. imexcited says:

Great entry for this week’s prompt – vehicle! Sorry about your back injury but glad to know you had a “that’s so cool” kind of fun…Btw, thanks for the ping back!

4. Great post for vehicle. No destination, just a “cool” and memorable experience.

• Thanks Georgette. As my wife would say, “Let’s not make any schedule. Let’s see where the day’s adventure will take us.” She’s right. A lot of the fun and memorable experiences we had came as a fun and exciting surprise.

5. aRVee says:

Great experience you had there and that “so cool” kind of fun was great, I must say… You should had tried (it’s as if I tried it, lol) the parasail, I’m sure your wife and your brother-in-law had a blast up up and away… :)

First praying for your back to heal. Second, take me up, up, and away. This looks so exciting and full of fun. Love your pictures. Those dark clouds, to me, just adds drama to the adventure. Fun selection for the challenge. Thanks for sharing.

• Thank you my friend. The power of prayers has no limits. Thanks again. It is a joy to take all my blogger friends on a “Up, up and away,” visual journey. When we use our imagination, we can go anywhere in the World without having to leave our room.

7. How wise we get in our middle age! Baby that back! Thanks for the ride and love the photos!
    Suzanne

8. Connie T says:

That looks like it would be really fun to do. Great pictures.

9. I always wanted to try parasailing but something keeps telling me no. I might have to create one of those bucket lists that people talk about. Then I’ll be forced to shrug off my fears. :-) Your words and photos are inspirational, as usual. You’ll get another chance, I’m sure. Be well…

10. HoaiPhai says:

Parasailing… I’ve wanted to do that for a long while. It’s on my Stuff James Bond Has Done Bucket List!

11. Tammy says:

I love parasailing! Just wish I lived closer to the water. Get well.

• Thank you Tammy. My back is okay now. I just have to be conscious in not making wrong body mechanics. Summer is here and not far behind, trips to the beach or any body of water. Have a lovely weekend.

12. munchow says:

What a pity not to be able to try out parasailing. It looks really fun. But of course there is a time for doing and there is a time for not doing, and hopefully next time the change comes up, your body will be ready. May you back still be good!

• That’s right my friend. We do need to listen to what our body say. My mind was up for it but my back wasn’t. Oh well, a second chance awaits. Thanks for sharing.

All’s well that ends well- you created a wonderful post.

14. rommel says:

Nice captures. Good story. Encouraging adventure choice. And a great great ending. You post so well IT.

‘Whatever opportunities life gives us, always try to make the most of it.’
    This is such good advice! Sorry you had back problems. The pictures
    are great again. Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks Auntyuta. We should make the most of life’s opportunities. We would like to look back one day and say, “I had a fun, adventurous and happy life. I can’t ask for more.” Take care.

Awesome! Looks like one of those “1001 thing to do before you die” type of experience! Way to go! 1000 to go!

• It does huh? I believe as we get older, we need to venture more into the world that brings fun and excitement. We need to try new things while we can…physically and mentally! Thanks.

17. Wow looks like a great day… what memories!
    I have enjoyed your blog and I am passing along the Kreativ Blogger Award to you. To find out all the details check out my blog here:

Enjoy!

18. Gilly Gee says:

Sounds like a wise decision it would be dreadful to make it worse and there will be other opportunities.

19. omel07 says:

Wow! I’ve always wanted to go parasailing. :D Too bad you couldn’t go. Maybe next time. :)

20. amira says:

That’s one adventure I sure want to try … :)
    cool …

21. Colline says:

What an exciting adventure for your children. And steering the powerboat is exhilarating too!
    Hope your back feels better soon.

• Thanks Colline. My back is better now. I just need to be aware of the triggers like sudden sneezing or wrong bending. As they say, “once you get a backpain, there’s always a chance it will reoccur.” I’m not getting younger either.

22. Sabina Brave says:

It looks exciting. I have fear of hight, and i can’t swim, but I think, that I could try it somewhen ;)
    Have a great Sunday IT :)

• I think you could. It’s suppose to be safe. And as my brother-in-law said, “It’s just amazing up there.” Lets add it on our bucket list. Thanks Sabina.

23. yen says:

Oh wow! What a truly unforgettable day! Your post totally captured the apprehension and the thrill – at the same time – of the moment.

• When I was younger I would have dared despite of my back but now that I turned 41, I had to think lots of times before jumping into something. I almost did it until the last minute. It was probably my guardian angel who stopped me from hurting myself. Thanks Yen.

24. dearrosie says:

Sorry to hear you hurt your back but I think you were wise not to go on the parasail just in case…
    You still got some marvelous shots of the adventure.
    As for the comment “there aren’t any sharks. Well none that they’ve seen recently”. That’ too is life.

25. Russ C. says:

wow. you should have tried parasailing. but, considering your back… :D there’s something that we call “next time.” :DD incredible story :”>

26. Oh, man! This looks like such an amazing adventure. I’d like to try it myself, some day.

27. Ron says:

Yes its disappointing not to be able to do something you`v e wanted to do , but having the joy of sharing with family makes up for it, just to be on the boat would have been wonderful.
    thanks for the journey island traveller.

blessings
    Ron

• It was Ron. It was a happy day simply because I spent a memorable event with my family. In the end, to me that’s all that matters. Thank you. I wish you all the best.

28. barb19 says:

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Loved the photos – they said it all!
    Hope your back gets better soon.

29. Arindam says:

Bro, parasailing is something I have not experienced yet; but I would love to experience it one day. And you are absolutely right, we all need to grab all the opportunity life gives us and to make most out of it. Life does not offer these kind of opportunity too often to convert them in to memory.

• Thanks Bro. I wish I tried it but something held me back. But I do know, another chance will come. So, if we do get a rare opportunity to embrace life’s blessings, we need to grab them, makes the most of it and convert them into a unforgettable memory.

30. I’m sure you’ll have other opportunities to have that adventure. I drove our
    friends speed boat one time. It was exhilarating. It seems too free you. I like the
    way you chose to showcase the challenge with an experience. Well thought out.
    Blessings,
    Isadora

• Thanks Isadora. It was exhilarating. Its like freedom , excitement and fun all rolled into one. We need to experience more events like this. Have a blessed day my friend.

31. I’m afraid its ages since I said hi to you and your inspiring posts. I havent even thanked you for the HUG award so a BIG thank you for that, you are really kind (Im afraid I didnt really know what I was meant to do but I have looked at the requirements now, thank you).
    This looks like a great day out and you said it perfectly that its who you are with that matters rather than what you actually did on the day out. And besides, it was great to see the photos from the boat which you couldnt have done if you were up flying. I look forward to the next inspiring day :)

• Thanks Niki. It is a joy to hear from you. The “HUG” award is simply meant to be shared, to make known to the other blogger how much he/she inspires others. You may or may not make a post of it. What matters is that we get to spread our blessings and friendship.
      You’re right, if I had flown and did my “Up, up and away” gig, I wouldn’t have taken this photos. In a way, looking at the images, I felt like I flew via the parasail myself. Have a great day!

32. Gail says:

Looks like so much fun. But I’m afraid even the possibility of sharks would have kept me from that little adventure! LOL Enjoyed seeing your pictures. Hoping your back is much better now!

• I’m also afraid of sharks since I saw the “Jaws” movies but my drive for adventure and curiosity rises above my fear. Would you believe I did ocean Kayak by myself when I was younger. Now I tell myself, “what were you thinking.” I didn’t realize the dangers. Thanks Gail. Have a blessed day. Best wishes …

Your adventures are always so well put together with your words and the photos…thanks for the enjoyable sea adventure! ~Here is some *cyber-healing energy* for your back and maybe you’ll be able to get massage therapy for it too! :)

34. The cyber therapy worked like magic. Thank you. I’m pain free now. I just need to be conscious of the usual triggers. And yes, I need to watch my steps. I actually saw the slippery moss and still stepped on it. I thought I can slide my way through it. Turned out my butt liked the floor. ha, ha, ha. Thanks Sunshine.

35. Barb says:

I hurt my back last week,too….while exercising. Can you believe it? Here’s the thing about a back injury: it’s almost impossible to do anything. Can’t do a lot of sitting ( writing, reading,sewing) walking, can’t even bend to get the clothes out of the dryer.

So I think you’re a hero by simply getting onto a boat to watch the para sailing fun. The photos are beautiful and you were stoically involved.

Looks like it was a ton of fun.. Good for you. love the excitement in the photos. ;-)