American Idol 2012 Winner

This year’s American Idol brought 3 amazing voices on their final 3, each with a voice, unique and just as incredible as the other. But like any other competition, only one will take home the trophy and be declared the winner.

Tonight, I watched the finale with my wife. Our other friends were also doing the same. Updating each other via texting. We were voting for Jessica Sanchez, a 16 year old with a powerful and soulful voice. We supported her till the end not only because we believed in her amazing talent but also because in a lot of ways, she reminded us of the great “American Dream.” But last Wednesday after seeing Phillip Phillips sing the moving  song “Home,” I knew he already won. Everything about the performance was perfect. The voice with so much heart, the melody, the lyrics, the accompanying back-up singers, drummers and instruments flowed and fused as one unforgettable song.

The final show is one of the best and most memorable finale in American Idol history. All the performers were amazing from the top 12 finalists to the unbelievable Chaka Khan. Jennifer Lopez and Rihanna drove everyone crazy with their exciting numbers, so did the awesome Steven Tyler and the Aerosmith.  Neil Diamond‘s voice swooned the audience and have everyone singing, “Sweet Caroline.” A touching rendition of the Bee Gees songs in memory of Robin Gibb made everyone realize that they just lost one of the music industry’s legend.

The excitement reached its peak. The Winner was announced by Ryan Seacrest. As Phillip sang his winning song, he cried close to the song’s ending. He didn’t finish the song but instead he went to hug his family who inspired him. It was a moving moment. Indeed he is a winner. A passionate, humble winner. That night, his star shone brightly into the hearts of the 132 million voters. And it was spectacular!

This entry was posted in Inspiration, people and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to American Idol 2012 Winner

1. beautifully wrote!

Congratulations to the finalists and the winner. I haven’t watched the show this season but I’m happy for the hopefuls and the finalists. TY!

• Thanks Georgette. Honestly, I stopped watching American Idol for some time until this year when Jessica Sanchez, a 16 year old with a big voice and a big dream caught my attention. For awhile I thought the final winner became so predictable that it wasn’t even exciting anymore. I’m happy for the winner. He did a cool job with his last song but then after the whole finale’s celebration it dawned on me that once again, American Idol became just as predictable as the other years. I wish all the finalist the success. May they always fight for their dreams. Would I watch next year? Now that is something that is unpredictable. We’ll see!

3. Sabina Brave says:

They both are great :)

We also enjoy watching these talent shows and in the very end it is a shame that not everyone can win because they are all so talented. Having said that I have noticed that it is those who did not win that go on to be famous and make money whilst the winner is tied to a record company and has to do as they are told….so maybe winning is not the be all and end all of the show…However this year on Britain’s Got Talent..it was a dog that one it and he was super duper , a class of his own.

• A super dog? That is so cool. I should watch it in YouTube. I agree. A lot of the non-winners made more success in the music industry, even the movies than the winners. I do hope “everyone” gets to celebrate their dream for many years to come. Thanks Patrecia.

wrong …I meant won not one

6. Loved reading about what captures your heart. Congratulations to all who got to that level. What an accomplishment!

• I can’t help but smile at the amazing talents of the contestants. So young yet full of over flowing gifts. I just hope and pray that they would use it for the good. Thanks Georgette.Success and fame can change the person in so many ways. It can bring out the worst in people as much as it can bring out the best in them.

7. aRVee says:

Congrats to both for making it to the finale. I like both of them, so I wasn’t sad at all when I learned that Phillip Phillips won, even if I have to vote for Jessica Sanchez if I was there, for obvious reasons.

Both are very talented and have a great voice, so, am pretty sure they’ll make it big outside AI…

TO JESSICA: You made your parents proud, and also us! All the best!
    TO PHILLIP: You made your parents proud and I admire your humility. Stay the same! All the best!

TO IT: All the best! :)

• To aRVee, I wish you all the best too. Don’t ever change.You are a generous man with so much to give and share. You bring inspiration to others. As for the winners, may you all succeed. Just remember the people who stood by you through good times and bad. Never ever forget where you all started. Stay humble, work harder, pursue you passion, listen to the inner whispers of your heart. And yes, choose the right songs…please!!!

• aRVee says:

Thanks for the compliment bro, yeah I won’t change, if I have to then it would be for the better. Have a great day ahead and stay blessed! :)

8. Arindam says:

Bro I love the way you describe your experience of that night. I also enjoy seeing people getting close to their dreams with these reality shows.

9. kakaakin says:

I didn’t watch the show. But I believe the winner will gain worldwide popularity with the quality that he has.

10. carolisle says:

I miss Joshua, coming in 3rd was perfect for him. He’s a souls sing and I didn’t want him turned into a pop star.Yes I knew Phillip had it when that drum like marched out. I’ll buy song Home.

• Joshua was also on eof my favorite . Unfortunately American Idol is more than jus about having a great voice. In the end, it seems to be who’s the most popular depending on what is the majority of the voters are . And we know what the statistics shows. I wish them all the best though . I think they were all talented and deserves a chance to get their dreams. Thanks.

11. Music is the doorway to the heart.

12. Colline says:

I was pleased when Philip Philips won – I had been rooting for him for a long time. Love his voice and his music – and I look forward to hearing what he puts together for his first album.

• Thanks Colline. I would like to hear the selections he makes in his first album. I hope he would maintain the same passion and energy. I think all the winners deserves a good music break. Hopefully they get to select the right songs that would once again win the hearts of their fans.

13. omel07 says:

As much as I wanted Jessica to win, I have to admit, Phillip’s voice is amazing. I wonder who will be more famous when they start releasing singles. We’ll just have to see. :D

• I like Phillips style too. Cool, contemporary, unique. While Jessica was soul and passionate. I think all of them should stick to what won the hearts of fans from the beginning and add a bit of catchy, meaningful beats and lyrics to it. Thanks.

I followed this all season. It was one of the best seasons they had. The talent was amazing. Jessica and Phillip are the new rising stars with a bright future. They are both winners. The ten are coming to Pittsburgh in July. Hopefully I’ll see them.

15. Lapiskamay says:

awe very nice! I missed blogging about this year’s finale because i traveled. I’m so envy with this post. haha. during the top 12 i knew Jessica would go really deep into the season, but my bets blonged to the singers who have stablished their style and identity: Joshua and Colton. I did not took Philip seriously because he’s so silent but he really makes a good AI winner, very talented, very down to eart. We need that type of artists.
    anyways here’s my last years. http://lapiskamay.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/american-idol-x/

16. Thanks Bro. I read your post for last year’s finale. You totally nailed it down to the last exciting recap. I think the top 3 are winners in their own right. With the right song, anyone of them could have won. The voice is already there but the lyrics, the melody, the beating, the right instruments of the song they sing determines if the fans like it. My tip for them, get a very good songwriter that creates amazing, winning music, sing with their heart, listen to what the fans want and always stay humble.

17. jhirzel88 says:

Oh man, it’s such a shame that I never watched the show this season. I missed out on the fact that there was another season. I choose not to watch the finale, and I feel bad since it was the most amazing episode in American Idol history. I could judge that easily. It’s a shame I didn’t see Rianna perform “Where Have You Been”, because that’s such a good song, and I can see that there were some other memorable icons there too.

I missed the show so I thank you for the information! :)

19. This year was absolutely superb! The top 10 were so deserving of their places, with some amazing voices, and people. The top three this year were incredible, and hard to choose from. Personally, I love Phillip Phillips and was rooting for him. But any of the top three would have made me happy. I shall certainly buy their CD’s, in fact I can’t wait!!!