This year’s American Idol brought 3 amazing voices on their final 3, each with a voice, unique and just as incredible as the other. But like any other competition, only one will take home the trophy and be declared the winner.
Tonight, I watched the finale with my wife. Our other friends were also doing the same. Updating each other via texting. We were voting for Jessica Sanchez, a 16 year old with a powerful and soulful voice. We supported her till the end not only because we believed in her amazing talent but also because in a lot of ways, she reminded us of the great “American Dream.” But last Wednesday after seeing Phillip Phillips sing the moving song “Home,” I knew he already won. Everything about the performance was perfect. The voice with so much heart, the melody, the lyrics, the accompanying back-up singers, drummers and instruments flowed and fused as one unforgettable song.
The final show is one of the best and most memorable finale in American Idol history. All the performers were amazing from the top 12 finalists to the unbelievable Chaka Khan. Jennifer Lopez and Rihanna drove everyone crazy with their exciting numbers, so did the awesome Steven Tyler and the Aerosmith. Neil Diamond‘s voice swooned the audience and have everyone singing, “Sweet Caroline.” A touching rendition of the Bee Gees songs in memory of Robin Gibb made everyone realize that they just lost one of the music industry’s legend.
The excitement reached its peak. The Winner was announced by Ryan Seacrest. As Phillip sang his winning song, he cried close to the song’s ending. He didn’t finish the song but instead he went to hug his family who inspired him. It was a moving moment. Indeed he is a winner. A passionate, humble winner. That night, his star shone brightly into the hearts of the 132 million voters. And it was spectacular!
- Jessica Sanchez promises ‘change’ on ‘American Idol’ finale – Newsday (newsday.com)
- American Idol Winner 2012 – A Prayer for Jessica (sisterrose.wordpress.com)
- American Idol 2012 Finale Recap: Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez (VIDEOS) (current.com)
- Hey Phillip Phillips: Bland white boys win American Idol (markwebermusic.wordpress.com)
- ‘American Idol’ finals: Jessica Sanchez versus Phillip Phillips (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- ‘American Idol': Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips face off (photos.mercurynews.com)
- American Idol Recap: Who Was Better, Phillip or Jessica? (eonline.com)
- American Idol finale: show mentor Iovine weighs in (canada.com)
- Will ‘American Idol’s’ Jessica Sanchez Prove The Odds-Makers Wrong? (deadline.com)
- American Idol Final – – Phillip Phillips: Home (tarpon.wordpress.com)