Beautiful Sunrise

Sunday Post: Sunrise

There was a time I took for granted nature’s magical gifts like sunrise and sunsets. I was too busy pursuing my dreams that I forgot enjoying the simple joys of life and the healing abilities of mother nature. Just a few years ago, after going through a rough patch, I realized that I was pursuing the wrong dreams and missing what is really important in my life. Like a miraculous wake up call, I discovered the simple , pure happiness that family, friends, faith and nature can give. I saw for the first time the real gift and beauty of a sunrise and a sunset. Even if took me that long to realize, I felt blessed knowing it wasn’t too late.

Everyday’s Sunrise

As I walked to school with my son and wife, a beautiful sunrise was unfolding. It was nature’s way of saying, “Your going to have a wonderful, inspiring day.” And I did.

Everyday, we have a chance to experience a beautiful sunrise. Some we forget in time while others we keep in our hearts forever. Last year, I had a rare chance to experience a sunrise by the beach with my son. It was our first shared sunrise. It was a treasured moment I will cherish and keep for always.

Thank you for sharing your day with me. May today’s sunrise bring you the priceless gift of joy, love, peace and inner glow that comes from a calm, contented heart. Have a blessed day.

This entry was posted in Inspiration, Life, Love, photography, Post A Week, Weekly Sunday Post and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

61 Responses to Beautiful Sunrise

1. Oh thank you so much for including me in your related links :D
    Alex

I knew you would have something wonderful to share. I wasn’t wrong. Not only did you share these beautiful sunrise photos but the sunrise of your understanding of life.

3. dadirri7 says:

thank you island traveler for your beautiful sunrises and your wise words :)

4. Tammy says:

Thanks for your gorgeous photos and your words too.

So happy that you had your “wakeup call” and are out there in the world sharing all this beauty with us. It’s an honour and a privilege to be among your virtual friends.

6. Lisa at fLVE says:

Beautiful words and photos. Have a wonderful day also. :)

7. Beautiful post :) Sunrise is hope to me ^^

It’s awesome when we have these discoveries. Good post and as always GREAT pictures!

9. you wrote<>

Thank the dear Lord in Heaven for the rough patches!! If not for these we’d never know our resiliency, and what’s important!!

• It is my friend. I never knew that I can survive such a storm until I experienced it myself. And in all these, God was ever faithful. He showed me and my wife that he is all powerful and that he love us no matter what. For that I will always be thankful.Thank you for a wonderful comment.

10. camgal says:

Beautiful. I nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award http://www.camgal.wordpress.com/camgals-1st-award/ :)- Camgal

11. jakesprinter says:

Beautiful post you have here my friend I really love your Sunrise photograph ,
    Thanks for sharing :)

12. cobbies69 says:

Fabulous photo’s, I love these types of sun/sky pictures. ;)

13. Cheryl says:

Ahhh Mr. B. Such beauty and tranquility, nature waking to a new day. I love to sit on the end of our dock in the dark waiting for the first signs of sunrise to peek over the treeline.

• Thanks Cheryl. I did catch the sunrise one time from the jetti while it was still dark but I do hope to experience one day, sitting on a dock, with a warm blanket sipping a hot choco or coffee with my wife at my side as we wait for the sunrise. You are blessed to have experienced such a beautiful moment.

Your words and photos remind us that there is always hope in family, friends, faith, and nature.

• Thank you my friend. It took me to go through a storm to also fully realize and appreciate the importance of having a family, my faith , nature and all. Not only they give me hope but they inspired me to rise above the pain and the daily struggles of life. They helped me forget the past heartaches and move on.

15. Jo Bryant says:

This is such a beatuiful post. But I have to ask…the sun was rising as you walked to school. What time was that ?

16. Cathy G says:

Beautiful pictures and a great reminder to have a beautiful day. Thanks!

Beautiful images of a sunrise! May you have a beautiful day!

18. You are right! Sunrise is the start of another day and sunset reminds us to be thankful of the day we just lived! It is funny how Mother nature inspires us in her never-ending, simple ways — we only need to slow down once and awhile and observe her.

• Thanks Fransces. Love these words, “Sunrise is the start of another day and sunset reminds us to be thankful of the day we just lived!” The Sun’s constant cycle reminds us that there is hope in everything. It’s God way of saying, “I’ll always be here for you!”

19. Very beautiful photos, Island Traveler. Thank you for this post and for sharing my blog in the links. It is an honor. :)

20. Sabina Brave says:

Beautiful pictures.
    You kow, that I like saying, that everything happens for some reason… :)

21. angrygaijin says:

Nature is very healing. We must protect it~ :)

22. Colline says:

Some stunning sunrises you have seen!

23. yadibarus says:

It’s beautiful. Thanks for. Share

24. The morning is my favorite time of the day — and sunrises do have that special way of getting into your soul, and as you said, letting you know it’s going to be a great day. You are so wise to appreciate them! I haven’t shared a sunrise with my children yet (though of course since they’ve been born, we’ve been up at all hours of the day and night), but I think this summer it’s time. It would be wonderful to get them up early and drive to the beach and see the sunrise. You’ve inspired me. Of course, then they’ll want to stay at the beach, so I guess I’d better pack the night before!

25. Ron says:

Thank you Island Traveller for reminding me of sunrises. That is when the day is freshest and in summer the coolest and nicest time.By this time I havent had time to mess anything up,generally.The pleasure that costs nothing and lasts a lifetime ,will be remembered by your son.

blessings
    Ron

26. Pingback: Blog of the Week & Post of the Week-5 « Being Arindam..

27. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    I clicked over from Arindam blog, and I can see why he put this post in as post of the week. congrats. :)
    Just fantastic photos, and truly beautiful words.

28. Angelia Sims says:

You have captured the magic of the sunrise. It’s something one cannot forget when witnessed with purpose.

29. Shalvika P says:

This is a beautiful post! I’m so glad that I founf your blog. Your writing is beautiful and inspiring. I look forward to reading more of your stuff.

30. Arindam says:

Bro, it’s a really beautifully presented post. Both your words and pictures are touching. I always believe that, the effort we give in our work from sunrise to sun set is to make the time we have between sunset to the next sun rise beautiful. Because that’s the time we spent with the people who means a lot to us. Have a great week bro. :)

31. Freedomborn says:

Thank you again Island Traveler for sharing again the beauty of God’s creation and your heart both uplift and inspire me , God’s Majesty and greatness and your gentleness and humbleness which is a reflection of His.

God bless you greatly Love from both of us – Anne

You are a blessing and are blessed. ;-)

33. What amazing pictures. Your children are blessed to be having this childhood you make possible.

34. The unfolding of a new day with each sunrise. A very precious
    time of day. The bright new day will bring new memories of our
    precious loved ones and a day filled with adventure. Beautiful
    post!!! Have a bleaased new day – everyday.
    Isadora

35. J.A. Vas says:

thank you for sharing! :-)

I love everything about the sun…hehe, but sunrises are definitely a sweet gift from above. :)