Life And Images
Life has so many images that inspires us everyday. Images that make us laugh, cry, heal, believe, dream, hope, love, seek peace and solitude. Images that make us feel that we are alive and truly happy. It can be a smile and an embrace of a love one or the soothing call of the sea. It can be a travel to a place you always dreamed about or a celebration of an event that touched you deeply. Perhaps it is the rise and setting of the Sun, constantly reminding you that there is goodness and beauty in this world and that tomorrow is another chance of better things to come. So many images. So many inspiration. So many reminders that our life and everything around us is beautiful. These are the images we will celebrate day after day, week after week. Images that is meaningful and significant to you and me. Images that connects us all.
Weekly Image Of Life
Whether you recently discovered the amazing blogging world or had done it for years, you are warmly welcome to take part in a photo challenge that celebrates life. A life you and me share within ourselves and with others. It is a great way to take part in Post A Day and Post A Week Challenge or simply inspire you to make more posts to meet your blogging goals. Whether you are into writing, poetry, photography, cooking, Arts and crafts, graphics and designs or a mixture of everything, the Weekly Image Of Life is all about expressing your thoughts, passion, heart, visions and creativity. There are no limits. Only possibilities.
How It Works
1. Each week, a theme will be provided. This theme will guide you as to what image to take or share from your previous photo archives. You may simply post the image that inspired you or write thoughts that is personal and special to you. It could be an event in relation to the image or a past experience or story you wish to share. Whatever it is, we are all here to share your blogging path and journey.
2. To make it easy for others to spot your entry, title you blog post “Weekly Image Of Life.” Make sure to use relevant “Tags” like Weekly Image Of Life, Post A Day, Post A Week, Photo Challenge, Photography, Life, Journey and Inspiration. If you are also part of the other photo challenges like Weekly Photo Challenge, A-Z Archive-X-Challenge, Sunday Post and Travel Theme. You can also include them in your “Tags.” Our purpose is to make known your work to as many people as possible. People who share a similar interest. People who have the potential to be a part of your blogging world and friendship.
3. What happens if I missed it and a new theme is already out? There is no time limit. It’s your post, it’s your call. We are just here waiting excitedly to what you are about to share.
4. Subscribe to This Man’s Journey so you get to receive the weekly theme on time. Sign up via email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS. You can also just click the “Follow” option on you upper left toolbar.
5. Provide a “link” that would allow others to go back to this blog site and check out the rules of the challenge. This is not a competition. The more bloggers out there, the more people to share your work.
6. Please attached a “link” when you leave a comment in the week’s theme comment section that would lead back to your entry. It’s a quick way for me and others to check your post. Again, it’s about you being discovered by the blogging world.
7. Lastly, have fun, fun and more fun. Do what is comfortable to you and what comes naturally. What matters is that you are happy in what you do.
Oops! And yes, copy and paste the “widget” Weekly Image Of Life and place it where others can see that you are part of the image challenge.
Added Bonus: At every succeeding week, we will get to know several bloggers and celebrate their entry. Please make it a point to visit their blog. You’ll be surprised how generous a blogger friend they can be. Again, these are life’s images that we all share as one blogger family.
To start of, this week’s theme is called “Happiness.” Everyone hopes to have a piece of happiness. To smile generously and experience an inner joy that lasts for a very long time. Every person has their definition of happiness or what makes them happy. It could be a trip to the beach or to places of excitement. It could be being around our friends and family. It could be indulging with our favorite food like chocolate and coffee. It could be a life changing event where we found ourselves and our faith. It could be our favorite pet. It could just be about anything.
Seeing my son smile and laugh. What makes him happy, makes me happy. Even if it may look and sound silly or childish, I will embrace it will total surrender. Today, we made a Lego ship and a space docking station from scratch. My wife wondered what took me so long in my son’s play room. Brimming with joy and pride I told her, “We made a cool Lego ship.” My son standing next to me added, “Yes, mom we made a Star Wars Super Ship with blasters and troopers.” My wife shook her head and said, “You, boys…”
Being close to the ocean, the sea or anything with water with my two best friends. Two weeks ago, I was blessed to see the beautiful sunset at Galveston’s Seawall as we head for Pleasure Pier. As I walked towards the Pier’s entry, I silently told myself, “What more can I ask for?” Happiness is where they are. The rest are just added bonus in life.
The rides at Pleasure Pier were a lot of fun. I could hear my son’s laughter from a mile away. Looking how happy he was I didn’t tell him that I was getting dizzy from the spinning motion. The Rock N’ Rollin did rolled the cerebellum in my head. As we head to the next ride, I took a deep breath and hoped that I won’t puke.
How time flies. Just yesterday, we were into the all time favorite Carousel ride. Now, it’s thrill rides including the small roller coaster and log water rides. We really have to enjoy and cherish each of these happy moments with our children. They grow up so fast and years becomes days if not hours.
At the end part of the Pier were Games that you can actually win a prize. My son and wife played “Whac -A- Mole.” My wife won but my son got to choose the prize. It was a groovy Stuffed Monkey. He placed it on his side when he went to sleep that night.
By 09:00 P.M., we were all hungry. We had a delicious dinner at Bubba Gump. I forgot that they ask you “Forest Gump” the movie trivia questions. I felt like I was being given a quiz. It’s been forever since I saw the movie. No, I didn’t run like Forest although I was tempted.
As Forest Gump’s famous quote in the movie, ” Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.” Indeed we can’t but we can choose. I chose the “happiness” chocolate covered with sweet “hope” and “peace.”
Alas, it was time to go home. It was almost midnight. We had so much fun that time drifted like a breeze and I didn’t feel tired or sleepy. As we left the Pier, I looked back for the last time at Galveston’s Seawall. It was still beautiful even at night. I felt a sense of gratitude knowing I had another happy memory with my family. Memories I’ll cherish and keep for always.
All images taken from an iPhone 4 camera using Camera + App. My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories you make in this lifetime.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Through (createabeautifullife.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (travellersoul76.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (basangsisiw.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (lydiastreet.com)
- Life is Great (ladylovelyblogger.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Together (craftcrazygran.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Friendship (ronmayhewphotography.wordpress.com)
- SUNDAY POST : Water H2O (jakesprinters.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Post: Sunrise (scrapydo.wordpress.com)
- Mothers: Weekly Photography Challenge (digital-photography-school.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Friday Photography Inspiration #61 (machoarts.com)
- Movement: Weekly Photography Challenge (digital-photography-school.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unfocused (craftcrazygran.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Today (thismansjourney.net)
- Weekly Image of Life: Happiness (ilovemandaue.wordpress.com)
- How To Start Your Blog With A Bang (abeautifulmess.typepad.com)
- Weekly Image of Life: Happiness (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Image of Life: Happiness (jayjaysfavorites.wordpress.com)
- Images Of Friendship (thismansjourney.net)