Breathtaking Images

Beautiful And Breathtaking

There are images in life that stop us from our tracks and takes our breath away. It can be a beautiful landscape, a calm blue sea, a love one who inspires us everyday or  it can be a wonderful event that captivates our hearts and forever engrave in our memories.

Everyday, we see images like these. Perhaps this morning, you saw a breathtaking sunrise as you head  for work or a sunset on your way home. Perhaps you caught yourself smiling as you looked at you family all happy, laughing , sharing the exciting events of the day over a delicious, festive dinner.

There are so many inspirations that takes our breath away and today, we have the chance to celebrate them again and again for as long as we want to. One day, we get to look back on the past through our posts. As we read them, we will remember the reasons for our spark, our smile and our drive for living.

Images That Took My Breath Away

1. My Family.

Sometimes I wake just feeling grateful for having them in my life. I am imperfect. I have many shortcomings but despite of that, God gave me the most precious of all treasures, my family. In everything, they stood by me. They followed me pursue my dreams. They help me pick up the pieces when those dreams shatter and breaks. They shared with me so many unforgettable adventures. They help me realize that life is beautiful no matter how tough times can be. They help me smile and find joy with a heart that is calm and at peace.

When you find that person who will share your dreams even if it takes you both to the ends of the Earth, you know you found that “one” person to share your life with forever. That too will take your breath away.

2. Nature And All Its Wonders.

10 years ago, I helped my mom landscape her garden. These exotic flower came from Bacolod City. Last March, when I went home, a lot of the tropical flowers were in bloom. I guess they heard I was coming to town. So, they gave their best show of the year.

From a picture perfect landscape to a serene sea, mother nature creates the most inspiring sceneries that takes our breath away. It can be our pets or the wild animals in their natural habitat, or the colorful flowers blooming in all its splendor on a sunny Summer day. All these images work in perfect harmony, creating  spectacular visions and reasons to rejoice everyday.

As we head to Houston yesterday to pick up my son’s much awaited Star Wars Lego Advent Calendar of 2011 which we got 50% off its original price, we saw this amazing Sunset. My son got one of his Lego dreams while I got my inspiring “nature” moment. My wife got me, my son and the iPhone camera. With a smile she said, “I’m happy when guys are happy, ” as she took this picture.

Meet Santa Yoda. The first box my son opened was day 25 which is Christmas Day. Yes, we can have Christmas in June or any month for as long as we have the spirit of giving and loving within us.

3. Events That Made Me Happy.

I turned 40 last year, then obviously 41 this year. I think I’m too old for cakes and Birthday parties but somehow my wife and son made it so magical I can’t say “no.” On my 40th Birthday, my wife bought a Mango Cake and made some chocolate brownies. My son blew the candles with me, then he blew  several more times until it was almost melted to the base. On my 41st Birthday, my friends and their families celebrated the day with me with pizza, pasta and lots of “loud and hilarious” laughter. Yes, this too took my breath away particularly when I blew the candle and made my wish.

4. Reuniting With Family I Have Not Seen For Years.

Every day, we get special sweet treats from my sister’s bakeshop. She’ll make me a brewed coffee with Sans Rival and Mango Cheese Cake for dessert. I felt like a king. My son discovered that it’s more fun to eat with a big family.

On my last weekend, my sisters prepared a mouth-watering Mongolian Buffet. I didn’t want that weekend to end. Saying goodbye, definitely took my breath away.

There is something powerful and moving when you get to see and hug in person the family you grew up with. The very family who shared their life with me for 31 years until I decided to leave and pursue my dreams. It’s been 4 years since I saw anyone of them. This year, I was blessed to go home with my wife and son, and that too, took my breath away the moment I saw them all waiting for me at my parent’s house. It felt like I never left and I can never describe the joy I felt. Even my son looked so happy seeing how many cousins he has. For the first time, he felt the amazing world of having a big family.

How can I forget memories like this?

There are so many images where time stood still. Images so beautiful that they took our breathe away and have us lost for words. This week’s Image of Life is anything that is “breathtaking.”

Thank you once again for sharing your day with me. May this post inspire you to embrace and see the beautiful images around you. May you capture these images not only with your camera but with your heart.

This Week’s Three Amazing Bloggers Are:

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget. Have a great time making wonderful memories.

All images taken from an iPhone 4 camera using Camera + App. My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories you make in this lifetime.

Related Post That Will Have You Breathless:

This entry was posted in photography, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

107 Responses to Breathtaking Images

1. Just this morning,the sight of a cup of coffee on my bedside table had taken my breath away.

• My friend, it does. Coffee is the first thing the wakes me up each day and smelling its aroma, savoring the taste, opening every senses are all part of the breathtaking event. Thanks.

2. Akanksha says:

wow…full of Life! truly an image of Life! good one :)

3. bulldogsturf says:

How nice it is to hear such a share, and I agree with you whole heartedly, my wife and I have been through thinks together, her cancer for the last 18 years and my ups and downs in business, yet we’ve laughed together through it all, and after 38 years still enjoy what we have together….
    May the sun continue to shine over you forever…. an inspiring share thank you….

• Oh, wow. You and your wife are blessed with a love and strength for each other. What you both went through is hard and not for the weak of faith. You gave each other strength in the most trying moments and your love for each other became the pillar of all the storms in your life. You and your wife serves as an inspiration to us all. I wish you both great health, joy, peace and love for always.

Another great post, full of inspiration. Love the theme for this week. Thanks for sharing.

• Your welcome and thank you. Everyday, we see things that inspires us and takes our breath away. It helps us see life as beautiful. Have a great day my friend…

• Your thoughts and images , particularly of the sun flowed sweetly like music to the depths of our hearts. And they are soothing and beautiful. “Life has so many opportunities to enjoy what our Creator has given us. I find it breathtaking to see the sun shinning through the trees to its’ setting at night.” They are breathtaking and more

5. Colline says:

Reading about your family brought tears to my eyes – that is exactly the way I feel about my husband and children. And then when you speak of going to your home town after being away for 4 years, it was like you were describing another part of me. Beautiful.
    (And thank you for choosing my post this week, I am honoured).

6. starlight says:

another wonderful post (as always), i really love your storytelling.. i could feel every word in your writing..

• Thank you. Writing is an expression of what our heart feels and what our mind wish to convey. It is about freedom. Freedom to be ourselves. Freedom to share without fear of judgement. It is also about discovery. Discovery of what we go through . Discovery that we are not alone having a similar struggles and triumphs in life. I thank all for being generous and accepting.

7. omel07 says:

I really felt your emotions while reading this. It is very strong and passionate. You are very gifted, and express your gratitude wholeheartedly. The pictures were a feast for the eyes; truly breathtaking. I have to note one thing though, one can never be too old for cake. :D

• Thank you my friend. Such generous , heart-felt comments. Your thoughts made me smile today. As for cakes, I agree with your now that “one can never be too old for cakes.” It is after all a form of celebration. Celebration of another year of life and all that it has to offer.

8. aRVee says:

Thanks for choosing my post for this week bro… looks like you did have a great time when you went home for that much awaited vacation. how priceless could that be, bonding with your sisters indeed took your breath away and theirs,as well!

I must say, the Mongolian Buffet is enticing and how special you, your wife and your son were when your sis cooked them for you…. Must be a great time. I love the bond! You must have missed them much!

Need I say, I love the brewed coffee and the Sans Rival (I like that delicacy, a lot, just tasted it once, poor me, haha!). …

Slowly I have seen the beautiful faces behind those photographs… Have a great day my friend! :)

• Thanks Bro. Yes, I do miss them a lot…so are the Sans Rival, the brewed coffee and the many gatherings we shared. I am thankful though that God gave me a chance to reunite with them…and yes, it was breathtaking! Have a blessed day. Best wishes to you and your love ones.

9. Freedomborn says:

Hi island traveler, your Photography is beautiful, God’s awesome Creation spotlighted for all to enjoy… thank you for sharing your gift from Him with us.

Happy Birthday for your 41, just as well we never to old to celebrate the day God blessed our parents by us being Born, my Birthday is the day after Christmas day and Ron gave me my first real Birthday cake when I was 30 and my only Birthday Party when I was 50 and it was wonderful, a real blessing that gave me great joy, and still does when I think about it.

It is True what you shared island traveler, we can’t be perfect like the World thinks perfection is, but we can be perfected in Love as the Bible tells us we will be as God’s heart Children. .. How good is that!

Christian Love from both of us – Anne

• Once again my friend, you words are filled with faith and love. So inspiring in so many ways.” We can’t be perfect like the World thinks perfection is, but we can be perfected in Love as the Bible tells us we will be as God’s heart Children.” Thanks for sharing your happy and memorable Birthday celebrations through the years. Yes, every year, we have a reason to celebrate the life we were given, a life we should live, love and share to the fullest. God bless you and Ron.

10. Pingback: Islas de Gigantes, Iloilo « aRVee

All images are very beautiful and impressive. I can understand what you think. Great post.

12. Pit says:

A very thoughtful and inspiring post: thanks for sharing!

13. Patricia says:

Beautiful images – especially the yellow cake and flowers. I enjoyed this post and writing.

14. Such beautiful photos, and so is the story they tell.

Happy images of life :-)

16. What a pretty moment to have the exotic flower from Bacolod City bud! And again usually pictures with people’s back’s don’t tend to be interesting, but yours always tell a story. And how lucky you are to have found someone to share your life and it’s tribulations and joys with! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the shot of the food with the two pots in the background! I will never forget that moment!

• The food with the two pots were delicious. I remember that every weekend and holidays, my sisters and my mom would prepare a food buffet in our balcony which starts from lunch to late afternoon. We had a lot of great times. I do miss moments like that. As for the flower from Bacolod City, My sister and I would get different varieties of birds of paradise and other exotic , beautiful flower bearing plants.and through the years we were able to get a few varities that thrived pretty well. Thank you for sharing.

17. wolke205 says:

An excellent & inspiring post! I love the third photo! Have a great time & take care my friend :)

• The third photo was a happy event last Summer of 2011. We went fishing for the first time at it was a lot of fun. Thanks. Wishing you and your hubby all the best.

• That is breathtaking. The pond is so serene and blue. It’s beautiful how it captured the reflection of the bridge. Looks like an inspiring place to gather one’s thoughts. One day, I wish to visit Alabama. I heard a lot of exciting stories about the beaches and the surrounding waters. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes to you and your family. Thanks for a post that inspires us all.

18. Pingback: WEEKLY IMAGE OF LIFE: BREATHTAKING « Francine In Retirement

Here is my entry:

• fgassette says:

I love all that your blog symbolize. Love of God, life and family and friends. Your devotion to all of them is an example to all. You have the wonderful gift of compassion and the writing creativity to express it. Thank you for hosting this sight.

• Thanks Francine. It’s a joy to share the blessings that we have in our lives. I feel that I owe it to those who touched my life and was there for me when times were rough. People who made me smile and be happy all over again. God bless you and your family always…they are what makes everything “breathtaking.”

20. Sabina Brave says:

We are never to late for celebrating birthday. Every occasion is good for joy in company of people dear to us. You are really lucky guy IT having so many people, who love you :) But knowing you, I know, that you deserve all the best in life. :)
    God bless you IT, and your loved ones.

21. I enjoyed this one and limited the images to one pristine beach in Costa Rica. http://playamart.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/weekly-image-of-life-breathtaking
    Now what do I do about the rest of the breathtaking images that are wondering why they didn’t make the cut?!!! Thanks, this was a rewarding journey through my files! Z

• Oh my gosh! This is one dream event I want to experience one day. Seeing the turtle hatchlings go back to the ocean, having to see an ocean tutle lay eggs, to see a dawn where time seems to freeze in a beach so beautiful. Yes, everything took my breath away. Thanks for sharing your treasured and fun memories. Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend.

• Thank you so much! I’m honored that you found this post worthy!
        Although there are volunteers who work each year with turtle organizations to patrol the beaches, they area always happy to have ‘walk-up’ volunteers to share the nightly patrols. The turtles nest in the rainy season, so many nights the vigil is quite soggy!
        When walking the beaches without the aid of lights, one’s eyes adjust, and one could almost believe that he’s stepped back in time.
        Here’s a story from my other blog: http://zeebradesigns.wordpress.com/2012/03/31/the-red-light-district/
        if you ever decide to do this, i will be glad to help with details. i would recommend november, at the end of the rainy season when you reap the benefit of lots of tortugitas/hatchlings! I am sure that your dreams will one cay come true! Z

• Thanks for giving me hope in this dream. I felt like I’m one step closer. There’s one place in Texas that has a similar event in North Padre Island but supposedly it’s also at a certain month of the year and only for a few days. A lot of the happiest and amazing experiences in life goes back to a moment where time is based on the rhythm of nature and everything around it. I appreciate all the information you shared with me. You are blessed to have witnessed all of these. I wish you a safe and wonderful journey each time.

So tired and just about to close my laptop when I came upon your breathtaking images. Now I can go to sleep in peace and calm.

23. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    Truly magnificent photos, and you are so right about looking back and remembering, photos are our memories of a point in time never to be forgotten. :)

24. and here’s one more, por favor?

what a great subject you gave us! thanks! i promise to stop with this one! Z

• Love it my friend. Truly “breathtaking” and more…

• Whoah! Every image captured an exciting, surprising moment. The baby monkey on the back of his mom, is a thrilling moment. I was at Moody Garden’s Rainforest pyramid and a monkey crossed my path. My heart stopped for a second surprised and excited much like today watching the amazing variety of animals. Nature is one fascinating spectacle of life . Thanks for sharing your world with us. Have a blessed day.

25. Cathy G says:

Great topic – and a great series to get us all thinking! Thanks!

• Thanks Cathy. Love your post on “Create.” You have a gift to create something wonderful with your hands. The scarves, hat and prayer shawl were all beautiful. Have a great weekend. Best wishes to your family.

26. Pingback: Happiness Is… | Creativity Aroused

Beautiful, breathtaking photos, and inspiring post! Lovely interpretation of breathtaking.
    Here is mine – a sunset over the Great Salt Lake:

• Your journey to the top of the trail, with the amazing sunset and a view so beautiful sums up a “breathtaking” moment that all of us felt thru your words and this amazing image. Thank you for letting us feel what it is to be at the top of the world. If I close my eyes, I can feel the wind with my heart racing! Wishing you and your family lots of blessings.

28. Lisa at fLVE says:

These pictures are breath taking and inspiring. :)

29. Judy says:

Love your images! As always! Here’s my breathtaking photo for this week, IT.

• “The sheer beauty of the vast, deep canyon took my breath away.” It did took mine as well for a moment as I imagined myself staring at this amazing, beautiful Grand Canyon. It’s like going to a spiritual journey, and this is the entrace to heaven’s door. Nature creates the most stunning landscape that takes our breathaway, making us realized how lucky we are to be alive with the opportunity to discover treasured places like these. Thanks Judy for sharing a wonderful adventure. Best wishes to you and your family.

30. Thanks for the beautiful and inspiring post, it’s really going help me appreciate the simple things this morning!

• Thank you. A lot of times, just going through the posts of other bloggers brings me to amazing places that inspires me to face my day. Everyone sees the world in a different angle. Same sunsets but beautiful and unique with each version.

These were so great! You have an awesome natural talent for photography. It’s great. There are so many. It took me a while to narrow down my favorites. But I gotta say the sailboat, the one of your son and wife walking along the wooden bridge, and the one of you and your son playing on the shore were great! :)

• Thanks my friend. You chose the two most happiest moments that me and my family visited Galveston’s Seawall. The first was fishing at the Pier, the other one, just having a simple, peaceful and happy family time while watching the sunset. Happiness and amazing memories doesn’t have to cost much, we just have to be creative and give our quality time.

What an awesome and inspiring post. Your family is beautiful. ;)

33. As always, I love your pictures and the words you match to them. As for what takes my breath away? Watching my son sleeping always does it for me. Sometimes I wonder how I can see one thing so many times and still be moved by it, but I hope it will be that way forever. I believe it will be, for a beautiful thing does not somehow become less beautiful for how often it is beheld!

• Thank you Deborah. I can relate to what you are saying. Seeing my son sleep so soundly, watching him laugh with happiness, hearing his voice, the amazing feeling when he holds my hand as he shows me his magical world, when he says, “I love you dad, ” these are the reasons that makes me go on each day. And so true, “Sometimes I wonder how I can see one thing so many times and still be moved by it, but I hope it will be that way forever.” It will be forever in our hearts. Everyday is a day to celebrate because of them. Wishing you and your family all life’s wonderful blessings.

34. eva626 says:

the water, nature, food..omg you make the perfect posts for my eyes!

35. rommel says:

KEEP THE COUNTDOWNS COUNTING! Love that concept.

36. Judy says:

Thank you for the ping, my friend. All the images are breathtaking. And I love your last one. What a beautiful meal your family prepared for you. It not only looks delicious, it also looks beautiful and it’s infused with love…..perfectly breathtaking. Thanks for sharing your always wonderful images.

• Honestly, on that day, I didn’t know if I should eat or cry first or both. I decided to eat, be merry and not show that I already missed them even if I have a few more days before going back to the U.S. Thanks Judy.

37. dearrosie says:

I thank you for the beautiful photos and heart warming story. I know what it’s like to be far from one’s relatives.

• Thank you my friend. The best part of blogging is that we can make connections and meet blogger friends that give us support and share a similar journey in life. It makes all life’s trials easier to bear. Best wishes to you and your family.

You take the best pictures… I love your water shot… always crisp and fresh. ;-)

‘There are images in life that stop us from our tracks and takes our breath away.’
    You have a wonderful talent in showing us wonderful images. Thank you so much!

• Thank you auntyuta. The posts I made helps me realize each day how fortunate I am to have all these in my life. It’s never easy to face the challenges ahead but it makes it easier knowing we have family, friends and a God to back us up no matter what. A lot of times, I feel that I don’t deserve all these but blessings comes everyday and I will always be “Thankful.” Take care and best wishes…

40. MikeP says:

Beautiful pics and great back story.

• Thanks Mike. There so many beautiful things, people and events that comes in our lives everyday. I wish I could capture each one but that would be impossible. We can only capture as much as our minds, heart and camera lens can take…there’s another day to capture more.

41. Paula says:

The first image in this post is truly breathtaking :). Now I see why Madhu said my fleeting moment post could have worked for breathtaking… How many challenges are there anyway? .D

• Thanks Paula. I agree with Madhu as well. Everything that is beautiful, anything that gives us joy is “breathtaking.” As for the challenges, as much as our heart is inspired to make.

42. indiGo says:

You’ve a nice story and nice photos to share sir.
    Just a glimpse of what I have for this week.

• Wow! Such mesmerizing display of lights and all. I would love to see Songs Of The Sea in person one day. The images and their description takes me to a place of fun, excitement, wonder, of music that touches the heart, inspiring it in so many way. Sentosa Island is breathtaking and more. Thanks for sharing with us a glimpse of something amazing. Have a blessed day my friend. Till next adventure…

• Thanks for sharing a beautiful and “breathtaking” post. What an amazing adventure in the Island of lights, music and everything about under the sea.

43. Breathtaking pictures for us, and meaningful for you… love it!

44. Thank you TWICE, Island Traveler! I’m honored that you thought both posts worthy! I look forward to your next challenge! Z

45. Pingback: WEEKLY IMAGE OF LIFE – BREATHTAKING « Dear Bliary

• A post that is fun, thrilling and “breathtaking!” The last time I rode the Ferris Wheel, I was breathless every time it stops just like when you wrote, “Sometimes a little ride on a ferris wheel can take your breath away, especially if there’s a stop at the top .” Then my son would be moving back and forth which I swear made my heart bound from nervousness. Then last month, we went to Pleasure Pier and we rode the Rock N’ Rollin. Oh, wow, I got nauseaus and dizzy. But I would ride them again for my son. He really loves these rides and what makes him happy , makes me happy. Thanks for sharing a truly “breathtaking” post. Best wishes to you and your family.

46. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Of Dreams And Freedom | this man's journey

47. Pingback: 7 SUPER SHOTS « Francine In Retirement

48. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Colors | this man's journey

49. All of these are so lovely! A real pleasure to look through your blog today :)

50. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Love And Family | this man's journey

51. The moment you reunited with your family is so moving. I liked it very much. I want to invite you to take part in our photo game http://blog.booked.net/2012/08/14/join-our-blogger-promotion-capture-the-seasons/