Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting Moment

Everyday, we experience countless fleeting moments that made us smile and feel genuinely happy. Fleeting moments that created a spark in our life, perhaps made it colorful enough to give us that much-needed inspiration. How we celebrate those fleeting moments makes a huge difference. Years from now, we will all remember those “Happy fleeting moments,” and truly say, ” I lived a beautiful life.”

Here’s a few fleeting moments that I will always celebrate with my family.

Exploring life’s adventures in the most unforgettable way.

Night time boat ride at San Antonio’s Riverwalk.

Fishing at Galveston’s Seawall.

Sunsets and dreams at Kemah Boardwalk.

River Tubing at San Marcos River.

A walk to the past and discovering the glass bottom boats of Aquarena Springs.

Excitement and play times at Kid’s park and other childhood wonderland.

At Dolphin Cove…

Summertime fun by the beach and much, much more.

Running happy and free at Galveston’s State Park.

A tropical Summer we won’t forget. It’s true when they say, ” It’s fun in the Philippines.”

Romance, love , peace and solitude with the people that shares my life everyday.

When turmoil comes and my heart gets shaken, there’s one person who can hold my hand tight and won’t let go till everything feels better.

Just tonight, I had to time out my son for misbehaving and for inappropriate tantrums. After explaining to him why I had to do it and that we love him so much that we want to make sure he grows up into a “good boy.” He said sorry to his mom then he asked me to carry him. He hugged me tightly and cried. I held him in my arms until he stopped crying. Afterwards, he was smiling again and we went to his room to play with his Lego’s.

Reuniting with family. They say, ” Sometimes, you’ll never fully know how much a person means to you until you lose them or distance sets you apart.” When loneliness strikes, I get to be reminded of what that means.

Family is family. Where ever fate will take us, that won’t ever change.

Related articles

This entry was posted in family, Island Summer Of 2012, Life, photography, Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Image Of Life, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting Moment

1. rutheh says:

You are so right- they are ALL fleeting moments. A nice series.

2. bulldogsturf says:

Wonderful post sure looks beautiful there….

3. Always love your great family photos.

4. Freedomborn says:

We will also remember the Fleeting Moments island traveler that you have shared and the beauty of your home and give thanks for them.

Christian Love from us both- Anne

5. Dear Island Traveler, thanks for sharing some of the lovely and fleeting moments from your life. I am glad you can gently teach your son what he needs to know to get by in life.

• Thanks Naomi. Guess what happened later? He was so loving and respectful after the event. Like a little angel he’s always been. It is very important to teach our kids the right values. Just watching the news, the crimes, how a lot of kids and teenagers treat their parents scares me. I wish every parent will find sometime to really give their kids the quality time and the right “life” changing lessons. We owe it to our kids to give them a better future, perhaps better than ours.

6. Paula says:

Another beautiful post by IT :) especially the shot of your kid climbing the blue spiral thing… :D

7. Lisa at fLVE says:

Beautiful post and I think you caught some very memorable fleeting moments there. Absolute delight to read.

Beautiful moments that will last a lifetime. Thanks for sharing your.

9. magsx2 says:

Hi,
    A very nice collection of photos, a lot of fun times as well. :)

10. Nice….Collecting those moments makes life a collage!!!!

Great post and pictures… Love your choices and the joyfulness in them. :-)

• Thank you. They gave me so much joy and every time I remember them, I realize how lucky I am and that life is beautiful even if we have our rough moments every now and then.

12. Colline says:

You have captured some beautiful moments. And even though the experience is over, these photographs are a pleasant reminder.

• Thanks Colline. Indeed, fleeting moments will remain special for as long as we remember them and we have these photos to bring us back in time. Have a great weekend.

13. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting Moment « aRVee' s blog

14. Mona says:

I like all … but really the couple sitting in the chairs … and ESPECIALLY the image and caption of you with your son in time out. Perfect!

15. aRVee says:

love the shots and I love the one with your son on the spiral stairs, he must have enjoyed that experience a lot, what a fulfillment it was then when he reached the top.

I love the bond and that picture with you and wife is so reassuring that everything’s going to be alright…

“Family is family” – truly is, despite some disagreements/misunderstandings, family is family :)

• I’ve seen this so many times. Lived it, loved it, cried a bit but still beautiful each time. ““Family is family” – truly is, despite some disagreements/misunderstandings, family is family .” Thanks Bro. Best wishes to you and your family.

16. jakesprinter says:

Excellent post my friend for the challenge .

17. Thank you Bro. Very inspiring theme.

It’s the small everyday things that make the memories so much sweeter! You have memorialized them in your blog. They can now live there forever!

• I tell my wife, “One day, when our son becomes a grown man, he has a way to go back and remember his childhood.” I have a few childhood pictures but other than what I can remember , there’s no other way to refresh my aging memory. Thus, blogging is a great way to preserve our family’s memories. Thanks.

19. Nice. I kinda like the one on dolphin :) Well captured!

• Thanks. That was a lot of fun. I had to hold his shirt so he won’t fall into the water. One of our dreams is to swim with dolphins one day. It’s free to dream right?

20. Patti Kuche says:

You have captured so many beautiful fleeting moments which add up to a wonderful set of memories and feelings. That gorgeous little boy of yours, you will see him forever in the man he becomes, however fleeting the passage of time. Best wishes to you all!

• Thanks Patti. I hope to one day relive all our adventures together when he is all grown up. I bet he will have a blast visiting the past. Life is short. We need to make as much happy memories as we can.

21. Bams Triwoko says:

Great post… I like.. :)

I really enjoyed these fleeting moment pics. ;)

23. Amar Naik says:

priceless moments nicely captured

24. Jo Bryant says:

As always you put a series of images that not only matches the moment but are beautiful to see

• Thanks Jo. Every moment can be just as beautiful as the other if we want to. Beauty and happiness are two possibilities we can achieve, all we need is open our hands and embrace them.

25. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Fleeting Moment… | Mirth and Motivation

26. A gentle, fleeting time out. Sometimes we have to show are love in a different way. Wonderful gallery of photos, as always. Nice work, IT.

27. dadirri7 says:

life is made of these special moments, the only time we have, each moment! so enjoyable to share yours!

• Thank you my friend. Special moments needs to be remembered and celebrated every now and then. It’s a way for us to realize how we are so lucky to experience these moments.

Such precious and memorable fleeting moments! They are treasured gifts.

29. Magnificent moments in this array of fleeting moment photo’s, Island Traveler. Children are a but a fleeting moment all the times. They are ever changing before our eyes in an instant. You have managed to capture all of the innocence in all of the playful child-like photo’s.
    Nice entries …!!!!
    Blesssings,
    Isadora

• Thanks Isadora. Children and their world are just full of fun and happy surprises. They are fleeting and it’s up for us to catch each one and find ways to keep it forever. Have a beautiful day!!!

30. I love the Texas tour. It reminds me about how much I want to take our kids to all those places. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics. :)

• Your welcome. Texas is my second home now and it has so many beautiful places to visit. I wish more people that lives here realize how lucky they are. I hope you get to bring your family in these places. They’re gonna love it. Thanks.

31. Cheryl says:

A wonderful array of photos, Mr. B. I found I was holding my breath when you son was at the top of the blue climber in the children’s park … he is fearless!

• That makes the two of us Cheryl. I kept telling him as calmly as I could, “okay son, that’s high enough, you can go down now.” Deep inside, my heart was bounding as I ran towards him , ready to catch his fall. But guess what? He does know how to go down. Kids are amazing and so flexible.

32. Pingback: WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge : Fleeting Moment « Cheryl Andrews

Sorry to tell this bro but … you made me miss home all the more. Sigh … On the flip side, I am happy for you and your beautiful family.

• I now how it feels to be away from home. The loneliness can be be so bad sometimes. Your family’s love and faith in God will keep you strong. And yes, blogging and making new adventures helps take away your mind off things. Be safe and God bless.

“Years from now, we will all remember those “Happy fleeting moments,” and truly say, ” I lived a beautiful life.”
    You captured these fleeting moments with wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing. Wishing you and your family all the best!

• Thanks Auntyuta. That is my hope, that one day when I’m old and could hardly remember, these posts and images will transport me back in time. Memories are priceless!

Once again. Great pics. This never fails you always have pics with such feeling. I love the first one, and of your son baiting the hook. Very cool. Incidentally I wanted to congratulate you for your Versatile Blogger Award. I wanted to nominate you as soon as I got it, but then I realized that we were on the same list. Another Day in Paradise had nominated us both. Just wanted to say that you really deserve it. You’ve become one of my favorite blogs. Great pics.

36. A great, colorful gallery!

37. suitablefish says:

love the fishing moment. remember many with my dad. wonderful gallery, thanks for sharing.

• Your welcome. I hope to make more fishing adventures with my son. I just need to update my fishing skills 101. Thanks for sharing your happy memories…they’re beautiful!