Sunday Post: Silence

Sometimes, no words are needed to see how beautiful the scene and the moment is. In the silence of our hearts we know it’s “magical.” Silence is a gift. May we all accept it with an open mind and a generous heart.

In silence, we can hear the deepest longings of our soul. Sometimes we may be scared to find out what it is so we try to keep ourselves busy with work and countless activities. We try to avoid silence with everything loud around us but sooner or later, we will get tired and during these unguarded moments, silence will find us and we will realize that it is not so scary after all. In contrast, it is the most beautiful and rejuvenating experience there is. It is a way for our soul to seek goodness and healing.

This entry was posted in Inspiration, Life, photography, Post A Week, Weekly Sunday Post and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

70 Responses to Sunday Post: Silence

1. I so agree with you about silence – though at times thoughts can haunt you.

You’re so right. In our busy world, silence, when we find it, is a real blessing. Great photos to accompany your thoughts on the theme,

3. Silence is very important to me; I love to retreat to the silence of the woods, the jungle, where nature wraps its arms around me. As you stated, silence is a gift, and there’s too little of it in the cosmopolitan world.

I’m tardy this week on the photo challenges; today’s a day off from the museum, so I look forward to catching up!

I loved the image of the bamboo beach chairs, and I thought, ‘Hmmm, I wonder if I can make that?’ Ah, Life is great, isn’t it?!

Great post, as always!
    Z

Yes, we do run away from silence, don’t we, with our constant busyness? Especially the young, who are never without earphones, it seems. I’m definitely that little hooded person on the beach in your first photo. Beautiful, and once again, my thanks for the mention.

• Your welcome and thank you. The world is all about technology nowadays with everything loud and blaring that it’s easy to miss the ones that we should be paying attention too. Silence is something we all need so we can listen to what is important in our lives.

Very insightful words on how we run away from silence and acknowledging the deepest longings of our soul due to fear. Thank you for the pingback and listing my blog.

6. Vanessa T. says:

This is a really beautiful post! I could find a little peace in me after looking at the pictures. Silence is indeed haunting, but it instils the sense of tranquillity that is much needed in the world today. :)

• Thank you Vanessa. There is so much noise and activities around us that it is hard to find a quiet place to find ourselves all over again. Silence is a gift that we all should cherish. It’s the key to find our inner peace.

Such good thoughts on silence. In today’s world it seems people are so afraid of silence; I seem to see more and more people with earphones on connected to their iPod or iPhone, TV always on, or radio. I think there is a fear of what thoughts might bubble up to the surface if we are in silence.

• I agree Angeline. A lot of people are so engrossed with their own world that they forget that we need others to communicate. I see a lot of couples, sitting in a restaurant each so engrossed with their iPhone or iPad, worse some of them with headphones. What’s happening to our world? Times have changed. People seem more disconnected which is ironic considering these devices were made to improve communication. Hmm…

8. Looks so peaceful… and the sound of the waves just soothes the soul…. ahhh can hear it now.

9. Shalvika P says:

This is a beautiful post! “In silence, we can hear the deepest longings of our soul.” Just love this!

• Thank you Shalvika. I believe that they are true. Like the most meaningful and deepest prayers are made in silence, so are the meditation that takes our mind off the things that disturbed us causing undue grief and stress.

Love your post. Thanks for listing my blog :)

11. cuhome says:

Beautiful– both the photos and the silence!

12. Gilly Gee says:

There is a magical atmosphere in the first photo!

13. Beautiful post! I especially like the first photo, how the person is dark, shadowy against the beautiful blue and green of the water and sky!

• I was walking by the beach and I saw her just staring at the sea. She seemed to be in deep thoughts. I thought, ” I hope she found the calmness she was looking for.” Don’t we all have these moments every now and then? Thank you for sharing.

14. Beautifully showcased silence.

15. dadirri7 says:

silence is precious, and so rare in our busy noisy world …. thank you for all your kind comments recently island traveler, you have such a generous heart :)

I love the picture of the woman on the beach. Great interpretation. :)

17. Judy says:

In our busy world, with electronic gadgets galore, noisy streets and boom box speakers in cars, tv on and no one watching…..”Silence Is a Gift.” I love your words. Thanks for those four words, IT. You are so right. Great images….superb interpretation of the theme! Thanks for the ping, too!

• Thank Judy. I wish I can have more days of silence. The more I get old, the more I appreciate moments of silence. Once for a year, I was in an island that gave me so many days of silence, joy and peace. Life was simpler then.

18. Really nice pictures my friend!!
    I just love them, what a wonderful place ;) thanks for sharing.
    Hope you have a great day! :)

19. Pingback: Sunday Post – Silence | imexcited

Insightful as always! beautiful photos too ;-)

21. Ron says:

The pictures speak of silence that looks so enticing , sometimes just sitting in silence looking at the water can reveal God to us in a special way; thanks I /T

blessings
    Ron

22. Sabina Brave says:

I like silence. That beach looks so peaceful.

Silence speaks volumes. Sometimes we need the silence so we can hear our soul speaking to us. Thanks, IT!

• That is right my friend. The world is full of loud noices, a lot not even helpful to our physical well being. We need to consciously shut off the distractions and just find that pure bliss of silence. Thank you.

24. You know you are comfortable with your partner when you can just sit in silence together and not be uncomfortable =)

• I agree Frances. And we don’t even have to say the words with our partness. Somehow we know what they are feeling and thinking. That’s what love can do, huh? Thanks.

25. Hi! Silence can be a wonderful thing if your mind is in the right space. Sometimes being able to sit in quiet is absolute bliss. Yet other times when the mind is unsettled I would have to keep busy.

I have just started a new photo-blog, I’d like to share the link to the 1st Sunday Post ‘Silence’…

It would be really great if you could pop by :-) Immie :-)

• Thanks Immie. Silence can be both comfortable and uncomfortable depending on our state of mind. Yes, I know what you meant. There are occasions that silence can be deafening and a little sounds breaks the ice.

26. Arindam says:

Beautiful pictures bro. I always love silence. Ans these pictures describe what is silence all about. :)

• Thanks Bro. There was a time, I was like the person in the first photo. Just being one with nature, finding answers, listening to what my heart really wants. We do need moments like this every now and then.

Very beautiful, peaceful and serene, especially the first photo. Looks very meditative!

28. Silence is precious. Thank you . Great photos.

29. sutira says:

Beautiful post. Beautiful silence.

Silence is a gift and sometimes we forget to accept it.
    Thanks. :)

It is and then some… ;-)

32. cuhome says:

Silence around us, and silence of mind-chatter. Beautiful things!

33. Pingback: Silence « Haiga 365

34. Pingback: SUNDAY POST: Silence | "Shutter flirt"!…..photo thAt!

35. Pingback: The Silence Of A Heart « Poems That Dance

Few words there yet this is probably the most profound post. I so agree with your commentary there about silence.