Life Is One Big Adventure

Someone told me once that, “Life is an adventure. I was too young then to understand what it means. Then for the past few years, as my son started to discover the amazing world around him, I started to see for myself what those four letter words truly means.

I asked my son while parking the car at Moody Gardens, “What would you like to do first?” He replied excitedly, “Dad, I would like to ride the boat.” The Colonel boat ride is about an hour-long trip at Galveston Bay. Kind of long on a hot, humid mid-Summer day. I want to make sure that he really wanted it, so I asked him again, “Son, what would you like to do first?” With a confident tone, he replied, “I would like to ride the boat, dad.” I answered back, “Okay, boat ride it is!” Our adventure started at the boat that day, unfolding  beautifully, page by page like an exciting journey in a story book.

Everyday, I wake up realizing that every event in my life is in itself an adventure. From the trip to the mall in the middle of a heavy, pouring rain, to my son’s swimming lessons to our recent trip to Moody Gardens in Galveston Island, adventure is everywhere around me. Adventure is happening before our very eyes.

At the Rainforest Pyramid we saw birds on the tree tops, butterflies eating grapes and a monkey crossed our path that made my heart jumped for a second.

Can you find the monkey in this picture?

A lot of us may think, “Oh, but it’s just the usual daily stuff, nothing extraordinary like climbing Mt. Everest or having a tour around the world.” My friends, adventure is anything that excites you, made you smile, made you feel happy and alive. Adventure is about exploring, discovering and learning something new. It could be about meeting new friends, venturing into a new diet or exercise regimen. It could be about finding a shopping mall that carries your favorite brand of clothes, bags or shoes. It could be about discovering a new restaurant that makes dishes that delights your taste buds. It could be about having a fun and unforgettable time outdoors enjoying nature, a visit to a theme park, an awesome time fishing with friends and family or simply a relaxing time at the beach. Adventure is anything that makes us want to get up at the start of the day bursting with energy and enthusiasm.

My son saw my wife scribbled something on the sand. He told us, “I want to draw something too.” He found a stick nearby and started drawing. It turned out to be a Star. I stared at it and made a wish.

How many adventures can we make everyday? As many as the sand beneath our feet.

Guess who entertained us with an amazing dance?

There are so many possibilities for adventures around us. All we need to do is grab the ones that we want. We don’t have to look far either, they are closer than you think.

Thank you once again for sharing your day with me. May this post inspire you to embrace and see the beautiful images around you.

Today, get to know several bloggers who shared a beautiful post on the theme “Of Dreams And Freedom.”

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget. Have a great time making wonderful adventures.

All images taken from an iPhone 4 camera using Camera + App. My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories you make in this lifetime.

This entry was posted in Life, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

112 Responses to Life Is One Big Adventure

1. Spiritual World Traveler says:

Great message! Children are truly amazing that way…

2. thanks for taking us on your adventure

3. SimplySage says:

Children keep us young and filled with wonder. I think nature and children are our best teachers and when you put them together it is a taste of heaven. If I didn’t have my own I would find a place to be near them. Babysit for a friend, work in a nursery, or just be with the neighbor kids. They keep me filled with wonder and treasuring each moment.
    Nice post and sweet pics.
    Alexandria

• Thanks Alexandria. Sometimes my wife would ask me, “what would be our life if we never had a kid?” I would tell her, ” Probably not as exciting as the one we have now.” Kids brings light to our world. They make us smile, laugh and appreciate the simple pleasures in life.

I’d have gone for the boat ride first, too. It looks a fine nature park. Thanks for sharing.

5. IsobelandCat says:

This is such a lovely post. Thanks. :)

6. Laurie says:

I like the star in the sand.

7. cobbies69 says:

I and my daughter just steam boats / paddle steamers lovely post and pictures….;)

8. I can totally identify with this as my daughter is the same. :) I wish I’d know you were coming to Galveston so we could have met! I was born and raised there (BOI) and live in Houston now.

• Wow. What a small world it is. Every now and then, because of my son and the kids he gets to know while playing at the beach or at the park, I also get to meet their cool parents. It is truly exciting when you meet parents who shares a similar passion as well as the shares a similar joy called “parenthood.” Perhaps one day. It has been raining recently in Houston thus I had to limit our Galveston trip. Hopefully we’ll go back soon. Best wishes to you and your family.

• OK so you’re in Houston? We are too! Yes, raining now for what… 6 days in a row? I’ll take it though. :)

• Till Monday my friend. Today, Sunday looks promising. I went to the gym at 7 a.m. and the Sun was out and shining. Totally in contrast of yesterday when I was drenched wet when I had to run to the car after waiting for 2 hours for the rain to stop. It was fun though. In Houston, when it rains, it pours…a lot!

You and your family always seem to have wonderful adventures! And so true, they are all around us.

• Thanks Angeline.I try to make the most of my days off. Making as much happy memories as I can. Recently, weather has been bad in Texas. It has been raining for days. Although it is a blessing knowing there was a bad drought last Summer.

How wonderful it is to see the world afresh through the eyes of our children and grandchildren. Love your posts. Every day, we can make beautiful memories. ;)

• Thanks David. Mt. St. Helen’s is stunning and beautiful. Truly a remarkable work of nature. Spectacular and full of fun adventures. Thanks for sharing a post that excites our imagination. Have a great weekend.

11. Gilly Gee says:

Life is an adventure if we see with child like eyes!

• Thanks Gilly. It is and more. I just wish that all of us kept that child-like enthusiasm and belief that all things are possible and that adventures happens everyday. I know that it is never too late to embrace that fun , happy child-like spirit in all of us.

12. Sabina Brave says:

Childhood should be like that – happy. :) And we should keep our inner child as long as it’s possible.

13. Great photos and looks like you all had quite the adventure!

14. MikeP says:

Many of us feel that the more expensive the vacation or adventure the better. I know I remember the special times when we would just ride our bikes down to the bogs in search of frogs. Or maybe to catch fireflies and then let them go at the same time. Those are the adventures that mean the most. New week …new adventures ahead!!!

• I agree Mike, “those adventures from catching fireflies to searching for the frogs are the ones that means the most.” Adventure is there at our very own backyard when we open our hearts for it. A toast to life’s simple yet breathtaking adventures!

15. Beautiful post and great new theme! I look forward to this! (Adventure … Me?!!!) Z

16. Great post and great new theme! Z

• Thank you. Can’t wait for your version. The last one on the lanterns as part of a festive Independence celebration was just spectacular!

• You travels and images of the people and places just inspires me every time. What ever is in that hard drive, I bet they are spectacular. You are truly blessed my friend.

• Thank you! It’s been over a year since I’ve had access, though i had emailed myself a lot of my favorites, so they were in backup.
        Thank you so much for your tireless support for all of us who follow your blog! Not everyone is a natural coach, and you do it well!
        z

17. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Adventure « heartfelt images

18. dadirri7 says:

lovely post, life is truly an adventure :) here is mine http://wp.me/p296YA-bU

• Thank you for sharing a post that celebrates adventure in its pure and happiest form. Adventure can happen at our very backyard. All we need is a bit of creativity, a happy disposition and a time all devoted to an adventurous moment. Looks like the campfire was a huge, fun hit with lots of smiles and joyful memories to cherish for years to come. You inspired me today to venture on a similar adventure this Summer. Have a great weekend!

19. eva626 says:

great post!!! love the sand pic and the dock..the birds flying is always exciting!!!

20. Pingback: WEEKLY IMAGE OF LIFE: ADVENTURE « Francine In Retirement

I very much enjoy your post today and your Weekly Image Of Life series. Here is my entry for the Adventure challenge. Kentuck Knob one of Frank Lloyd Wright;s homes.

• Thanks Francine for sharing with us a beautiful adventure at Kentuck Knob. From the grand entrance, to the exciting sky window, to the relaxing waterfall to the amazing mountains and its landscape. Truly an adventure we won’t forget. Have a fun weekend.

That’s true. Life is adventure. We find great things every day.

23. thirdeyemom says:

Beautiful as always! I agree fully with your view that anything in life can be an adventure. It is how you view life and make it exciting. Thanks for sharing and I’m working on my entry now!

• Thanks Nicole. Your blog is a model and a celebration of what adventure truly means. Your adventures with your dad was so touching . A post of love, joy and an unforgettable journey. And the adventures with your family, particularly with your kids reminds all of us of what truly makes us happy on a day to day basis. Wishing you all the best!

24. Cheryl says:

Fabulous post, Mr. B. The key to daily adventure(s) is recognizing that they are all around us, all the time, every day!

• Thanks Cheryl. Your are right my friend. The key is recognizing that adventure is all around us. All we need is a bit of time, creativity and a heart ready for anything new and exciting.

25. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Adventure | thirdeyemom

• Thanks Nicole. Your posts always holds me breatheless my friend. Your blog is a celebration of life and adventure. The journey you made with your father, your daily adventures with your family, the travels you made, the passion that is in your heart all reflects a person who embraced the adventurous spirit in her. This I won’t forget while I stared at the image, “It was one of the most exhilarating things I’ve ever done. To fly and be free like a bird.” These sums up why we wake up each day all eager to face the day’s surprises. Thank you. Wishing you and your family all the best…and lots of amazing adventures ahead!

Hello Island T.! I loved reading about your adventure Moody Gardens… thanks and here is another face of Adventure: A simple approach in climbing out from…: http://wp.me/p1RzUf-1eE :)

• Thanks Sunshine. I can so totally relate. I came to America without a debt but now I’m trying to stay afloat from debt and other consequences of commercialism. I learned the hard way and as you mentioned in your steps, my goal is to be debt free. Consolidation helps a lot, getting rid of credit cards a must, must goal and living within your means is one priceless lifestyle that we all should make. “If you want to get the most out of life, also experience great adventures, you have to be living life outside the Debt-Hole.” Truth hurts but it’s better to hurt than to drown and live a miserable life. It’s never too late to be out of darkness and hardship. All we need is faith and a heart determined to change. Thanks for sharing all these. A must read for all!

27. Arindam says:

As always true words f wisdom from you bro. That’s the reason we all love your blog. You always make life look simple and beautiful just like your post. I love the way you describe the term adventure. I too believe it is nothing other than experiencing something new, challenging ourselves and to come out as a winner in our own eyes . Thank you for this beautiful post.

• Thanks Bro. I try best to make life as fun and adventurous as possible. I’m tired of facing stress and then daily troubles of life. I know that they will always be there and how we face them make all the difference. Today, it was adventure at the Mall with my wife and son. Next adventure is a swim at the pool and may be some delicious dinner afterwards. We all need to see life as an opportunity for adventure, happiness, love, forgiveness, and much , much more. Oh, my son made another Lego Star Wars ship after a series of emotional crying every time it breaks. That’s part of a parent’s adventure. Love it!

28. deepa219 says:

So true and wonderful to find adventure in simple things from everyday life!

Lovely! Life is a constant adventure for both kids and adults. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

30. Where else in TX but Moody Gardens for a monkey to cross your path! Love every detail IT.

• Thanks Georgette. That’s right, where else but at Moody Gardens where you can feel like a kid all over again. Honestly, my heart skipped when it passed my way. I wasn’t expecting it and I was off guard. Whew!!!

31. Patti Kuche says:

Lovely shots as always IT, so full of life’s adventures! I am enjoying the adventure of looking for the monkey!

32. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Adventure | indiGo

33. indiGo says:

Yes, adventure is finding the happiest moments in our lives.
    Thank you so much sir for choosing my article. You just brought a smile on my face today. :)
    Here’s what I realized about luxury being an adventure.

• ” I realized that life can offer so many things in the world, but the happiest and the simplest are the best.” A wisdom that comes from a heart that is pure, humble and true. I only went to Baguio once and if only I knew about this beautiful place, I would for sure check it out. My favorite photo? Of your family having an absolute joy and fun time. This is what makes all adventures worth celebrating everyday. Beautiful images. Thank you my friend. Have an awesome weekend.

34. Judy says:

Hello IT….I’m late this week. On a trip.
    Your photos are delightful, as always!
    I totally agree with your text about what an adventure is.
    As I said in my post, you can find adventures in your own town. You don’t have to go far away!
    I said “grocery shopping doesn’t count!” to be funny. But as I thought about it….you could be adventurous in the store by looking for foods or items you’ve never eaten before and trying them! ;)
    Here’s my link: http://jayjaysfavorites.wordpress.com/2012/07/13/weekly-image-of-life-adventure

• Thank you Judy. The image and description of St. Mary’s Lake simply blew my mind. I will put it on the top of my bucket wish list. Just a perfect place to dream, to find refuge, to embrace new adventures. I agree , “Adventures don’t have to take you far from home. They should expand and enlighten your mind and give you an experience you’ll remember. You can find adventures in your own town!” Adventure is everywhere. All we need is a heart excited and passionate about discovering new things and places. Beautiful post my friend. It took me to an amazing journey. Have a great weekend.

35. jakesprinter says:

Great work my friend i love it thanbks for sharing :)

36. john tugano says:

I agree with you bro,Life itself is an adventure.
    I bet raising your chilld is also one great adventure of yours.
    How’s life Going on?

• Thanks Bro. Yes, life with him is a great adventure. Guess where we’re heading soon? Lego Land in Florda. It’s my son’s B-day wish. Off to another adventure. Wishing you all the best.

37. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge x3: Food, Adventure & Dreaming « Canadiantravelbugs's Blog

38. Dear IT thank you so much for the mention as one of your top 5… I am truely honoured and flattered. Who knew my humble ramblings would ever be noticed… in the last few months the blog has really taken off and I am overwhelmed at the support and ‘love’ from the blogging community. Again I thank you for making my day!
    I tried to link all three posts this week following your lead and attempt to challenge myself also. I hope you enjoy it. CTB :D

• I love your 3 versions rolled into one. Brilliant and a great way to express an adventurous spirit. What can be more perfect than this? Just a beautiful example of pursuing our dreams and facing a life of adventures. A delicious food, being close to the beach, having a great time with family and friends, these are what having a “great life” is all about. And I love Pho-my and spring rolls. delicious to the last bite or sip! Thank you. Have a fun weekend!

• Yes the perfect ingredients of an adventerous and fun life :) A life without adventure is like reliving the same day over and over without exploring or taking a chance to try something new. Have a great weekend.

• Thanks once a again. A life without adventure is not having a “life” at all. Have a beautiful day my friend.

39. Life is an adventure indeed! Sometimes there is so much drama that I wonder whether I’m in a novel…
    Beautiful pictures!

• Thank you. Life an adventure and it’s full of drama too. Sometimes I feel like my entire family with relatives and all is one drama series like the ones on t.v.

40. Bams Triwoko says:

Great post… Two thumbs up… :)

41. dearrosie says:

Beautiful. Your son is so lucky that his parents allow him to chose the boat ride even though it was a hot day blah blah.. and though you live in the 3rd largest city in America every day of his childhood is filled with such adventures like boat rides and monkeys running across the path.

• Thank you my friend. Texas has so much to offer. All it takes is time to enjoy what it has to offer. Moody Garden’s is just 45 minutes away from our place and it’s our quick escape from the city.

42. nelsonRN says:

Thanks for taking us in your adventure! Great post with wonderful photographs!

Beautiful sand sculpture made by your son! :D

44. Freedomborn says:

Thank you Island Traveler, as always your photos bring to life your thoughts and I loved your thoughts on Adventure, they got me to pondering and I realised what excites me most is sharing God’s Truth. I think because of having such a messed up life before I knew Jesus Christ I know the difference He has made in my life and I passionately want to share His Hope, Love and Joy with others.

Thank you again – Christian Love from both of us – Anne.

• Thank you Anne. The walk with God and our faith is one amazing adventure. I’m guilty in a way when you said that you have a sort of a messed up life before knowing God. Everyday, I struggle to follow the right path. Every now and then , I stumble and mess up things. Life is a constant battle of good vs evil. I hope and pray that in the end, the goodness and light in all of us wins.

• Just finished reading your post about “Checking In” and it was just filled with inspiration. I wish to share it here, ““I just came again to tell You, Lord,
      how happy I’ve been,
      since we found each other’s Friendship
      and You took away my sin.
      don’t know much of how to pray,
      but I think about you everyday.
      so, Jesus, this is me
      checking in today.” What a beautiful way to pray. Simple yet comes from a heart full of faith and love. Thank you Anne. God bless you and Ron.

45. Vanessa T. says:

Loved the mini adventure! Thank youu~~ :D

46. Pingback: ADVENTURE « Zeebra Designs & Destinations

47. This turned into a, “This is me; take it or leave it’-post!
    Thanks, this was fun! Z

• Thank you for sharing an adventure of a life time. I’m lost for words when I read your post. I thought, “Oh, wow, she did all!” Indeed, you celebrated life with “full throttle” that most of us only dream about. Excitement down to last image in this post. Your parents shared with you a world that is all open to adventures. Truly admirable. May you never stop facing life and the world around you with a generous adventurous spirit. Through your eyes and experiences, we all get to see and feel life’s thrill. And they are awesome. As for walking close to a jaguar, I may passed out from fear. Don’t they bite? Have a beautiful day!

48. MythRider says:

You have a great attitude about life. It is so easy to forget. It’s nice to reminded every once in awhile.

49. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming | this man's journey

50. Barb says:

We won’t be getting a vacation this year, so thanks for taking me virtually on yours. Of course, it’s even more wonderful to travel with such nice people like you and your family. Thanks

Life is an adventure and you captured it well in this post. ;-)

Life is an adventure! Sometimes the simplest thing in life is the most precious moment of life.

53. cuhome says:

Great post! And, sometimes, an adventure is just waking from a sleep, realizing we’re still breathing, with unlimited things available to us to notice, that we’ve never noticed before! Like, how the bottom of my feet feel when I slide my slippers on . . .

54. Penny says:

Love the photo of the shoes floating in the pool. :)) Speaks of childhood and innocence.

55. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Summertime Blast | this man's journey