Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming

Dreaming is something I find myself doing everyday. I dream of happiness, peace, of a life less stressful and chaotic. I dream of a world that is positive, filled with hope, kindness and love. I dream of freedom that is “true” for all. I dream of a place where children are safe and able to experience a happy, magical childhood. I dream of a cure for all diseases, of a world free from pain, tears, fear and natural disasters. I dream of a world where people puts value on faith and believes that good can overcome evil. I even dream of a “debt” free life not just for myself but for all. Perhaps it may not all come true. Perhaps it may take years if not forever. Perhaps I’m dreaming too much, asking too much but they are my dreams and dreams are one of the beautiful gifts in life that is absolutely free.

Dreams can take any forms. Today, I share some dreams me and my son made last weekend. There mostly dreams in a child’s mind but I think they are more fun than the ones I hope for in my adult world. So, putting myself  in my 6-year old son’s shoes, I dreamt that I could…

Fly.

Breathe under water and find sunken treasures. I might get lucky and discover Atlantis.

Explore and travel the world with my family in a futuristic, super fast, super cool, high tech “Flip Flops and Crocs.”

Meet “Domo” and all the kid’s characters in person. Who’s Domo? I asked the same thing until yesterday when my son explained to me who he was after asking me if I can buy him a Domo hat. Domo is a creäture in Japan that lives in an underground cave. He has a wide, large saw-toothed mouth with an expression of  cheerfulness and wonderment.

Ride A Star Wars Lego Naboo Starfighter. My son created this model over the weekend. After three tries and a few crying moments, he finally did it. He looked so proud and happy when he showed me the finished model.

To see and enjoy as many sunsets as I can coupled with wonderful stories that celebrates a life well lived.

Thank you for sharing my dreams in this week’s photo challenge called “Dreaming”. I hope it inspired you to dream or make more dreams for yourself and your family. What are your dreams? Whatever they are, always try your best to get them.

A husband, a father, a simple man hoping to make a positive difference in the lives of his family, friends and the big world around him the best he knows how.
This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, Life, Personal, photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming

1. love your son’s dreams – he is very creative

Dreams are free and I enjoyed reading about yours. Thanks for sharing and the pingback.

3. So many wonderful creams. I hope, if not all, some will come true. Peace. :-)

4. Ugh. Dreams! ( darn those typos!)

5. semprevento says:

wonderful time… :-) vento

What a great dream. There are nothing more than playing in the water and toys, even if we are adults. :)

7. Cheryl says:

I love your son’s dreams … they take me back to some of my own childhood imaginings. I did travel. I did marry and have a family. I am an R.O.B. who believes in life well lived. Thank you Mr. B for sharing your boy’s dreams.

Love the Domo hat. It would make anyone smile. ;) Well done to your son on the model build. Such beautiful photos and dreams.

9. suellen1234 says:

What better way to see the world than through the eyes of a child!

10. Indira says:

I dream same as you and your son, may your dreams become reality.

Playing in the water is fun for all ages. I hope your dreams come true :)

12. Dream on. I hope they come true.

13. Gilly Gee says:

He’s become quite the Lego expert isn’t he? he would love Legoland here in the Uk!

14. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.”
    ~ Anatole France

May you and your son never stop dreaming and creating the kind of world you wish for!

15. Connie T says:

I like your pictures on dreaming. When I saw that challenge, I could not think of any pictures I could use for it, other than going to a lake and taking a picture of a boat, racing across the glassy water. That would be my dream, being in that boat. I like your shoes floating on the water picture and the one of your son under the water. Great post.

16. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming of pushing Boundaries « What's (in) the picture?

Hope all your dreams – at least the real life ones – come true :-)

I love your first image of your son, flying!
    May all his dreams (and yours too) come to light … thank you.:)

19. Those look like wonderful dreams to have. Great shots!!

20. cuhome says:

These dreams are absolutely awesome! I wish each of them for you and your son!!!

21. rommel says:

You, two, are better off just sleeping. These imaginations are wild! Bwahahaha

22. john tugano says:

I hope all of your dreams may come true,bro.
    I love your son’s photo..

23. Patti Kuche says:

I adore the first shot of your sun flying through the air, a dream in black and white while colourful moments happen in the every day collection of dreams being realised.

I love all the shots but that first one is so fly… Love it. :-)

Those are great dreams! Hope they come true!
    It’s fun exploring the amazing dreams children have.

26. Imelda says:

love the crocs and flipflops. :-)

27. Paula says:

:) Just beautiful … the first photo is something to be proud of IT :) and dreams are to be pursued.. Keep on dreaming and reaching for them!

28. Dreams… they can take so many forms! Beautiful pictures :) I’d love to discover Atlantis too!

29. Pingback: weekly photo challenge: “dreaming” « Just another wake-up call

You can’t believe that! I have got the same pair of shoes, the orange crocs!! XD

31. MikeP says:

Ahhh … dreams, yes they are free but can take us to places of such a serene nature. Your pic sure do take us to that place.

• Thanks Mike. Pictures helps me remember the fun and happy times I had with my parents and siblings.And it is the simple pleasures of being aorund them that makes me smile the most.

32. Beautiful series of shots, especially the first one!

33. You will have to take your son to Legoland here in Orlando, Florida. lolol