Weekly Image Of Life: A Lifetime Of Memories

A Lifetime Of Memories

Everyday we make new memories. A lot of these are happy memories. Memories we shared among family and friends through the years. Memories that made us appreciate life and all its blessings. Memories that are beautiful and magical.

I apologize if I’d been off the blogging world for the past week. I went to Florida to fulfill my son’s dream to visit Legoland. It was truly an amazing adventure for all of us. It was a perfect place to create fun and exciting memories. Memories that we will celebrate again and again in this lifetime.

Legoland And A Child’s Magical Dreams

At the entrance was a pathway with red, yellow , green and blue tiled floor which reminded me of the movie Wizard of Oz. In the movie, Dorothy walked the magical yellow brick road that led her home. Along the way, she met the Tin Man who wanted a heart, a Lion who wished for a heart of courage and a scarecrow who hoped to have a brain. On our first day in Legoland, my son excitedly walked the multi-colored brick road that led him to meet the most fascinating Lego creations.

We met three cheerful dinosaurs and a couple of kids playing along a Lego rainbow. We looked around hoping to find a pot of gold at the rainbow’s end. We didn’t see any gold but we sure did get a lot of treasured memories that day.

Then we met these two eager tourists on our way to the Big Lego Store. I bet the guy took a lot of cool pictures.

As soon as we arrived at the hotel that night, my very excited 6-year old built this Star Wars Lego spaceship. He was so happy that he has 4 new mini-figures.

“Dad, can I have this?” asked my son as he showed me a Lego Star Wars box. He added, “I don’t have this one yet in my mini-figure collection.” I told him, “Just get the small box. The bigger ones are more expensive.” He replied, “Okay,” and headed to grab a smaller box. On our way home that day, we created a rap song that goes like this, “Commander Cody, Commander Rex, Commander uh-uh, uh-uh, uh.” After each song, we would laugh so hard because we all sounded silly.” The commanders were part of his clone troopers.

After the thrilling ride my son looked at me and said, “That was fun dad. Can we ride again?”

We then rode a jeep that took us around the Safari Land. We had to dock as the elephant squirted water towards us. We saw some awesome looking ostriches, giraffes, zebras and the majestic lions. It was hot and humid but we had so many reasons to smile that day.

One of the best rides were the Lego Technic Coaster and the Aquazone Wave Racers at the Lego Technic Land. We zoomed, soared, splashed and shouted at the top of our lungs as the coaster plummeted down to an almost 90 degrees drop. Whew! Such an amazing experience that will always stick in my memory.

Cycling our way up into the sky.

Some riders had to overcome and escape the giant red octopus near the Technic’s entrance or was it the exit? Hmm…I’m not really sure. After going around in circles, between rain and intense heat, I felt my head spinning.

On our way to the Lego Water Park, we heard an explosive loud “boom” sound. We didn’t realize we were at the Pirate’s territory. We were wowed by several daredevil water ski stunts. The pirates gave a spectacular show.

There is a section of the park where we felt like we were giants touring around the major U.S. attractions like Las Vegas, New York and San Francisco. The details of how each tiny piece of Lego brick formed into a part of one magnificent whole was truly admirable. It is a wonderland for any Lego fan. It was unbelievable!

A replica of the many architectural wonders of Las Vegas.

A quick river tubing ride was a refreshing activity. The temperature was in the high 90′s and everyone around me looks drained out. I saw a few adults getting mad and throwing temper tantrums. Two ladies fought for a chair in a crowded food court. Hmm.

We made some Lego blocks while drifting into the cool waters of the river. It was a bit cramped and we were not allowed to leave our tubes. After a few spins we went to the water slides which was more fun with fewer strict rules.

Before heading home we craved for some sweets and brewed coffee but we didn’t know where to get one. Good thing we stumbled on Mr. and Mrs. Fox. They told us to head to the The Coffee Shopnear the exit of the park. Such an adorable family.

Pizza to go with your coffee?

So muchmemories delighted our hearts that day. This post is just a fragment of those memories that unfolded in the most wonderful way. Everyday, we create memories from our kids celebrating their birthdays, to the unforgettable times we had enjoying our dream vacations, to having a great time-sharing a delicious dinner with friends and family, to our trip to the beach during the peak of Summer’s fun. This week’s theme is all about the memories that made you glow in happiness. Memories you wish to keep forever. Memories that will serve to inspire us in this lifetime.

Every beautiful dream vacation doesn’t have to end. We can always relive them in our memories. I will sure relive this one as part of my “magical” lifetime memories.

Thank you once again for sharing your day with me. May this post inspire you to embrace and see the beautiful images around you. May you capture these images not only with your camera but with your heart.

This challenge is all about the memories we all share as one blogger family. What memory do you wish to celebrate today?

Let us get to know and celebrate the following blogger friends:

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget. Have a great time making wonderful memories.

All images taken from an iPhone 4 camera using Camera + App.  My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories you make in this lifetime.

This entry was posted in Events, family, kids, photography, Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

116 Responses to Weekly Image Of Life: A Lifetime Of Memories

1. cobbies69 says:

Absolutely brill”:)

2. Wondered where you were, but knew you’d be back. Looks like I need to put this place on my list of places to visit! Great presentation and thanks for the pingback. Be back with some memories.

What a treat for you and your son! Those rides sound quite breathtaking. Love your photos. ;)

4. gelaikuting says:

WOW! I so love the coastersaurus, sounds fun! We do have like that here in the Philippines. It’s in Subic, the Zoobic Safari :)

What a beautiful park and what a special treat for you all! Great share and great to see you back. :)

• Your words comes from a heart full of love, faith and honesty. So moving my friend. This words struck me a lot, “Papa, I love you. Thank you for every life memory, happy, sad, tough and good times, imprinted on my heart. I may have forgotten many of the spiritual ones, but the ones I do remember, I want to hold on to them tightly because I do not ever want to forget…You.” You have a beautiful lifetime of memories. Well shared and celebrated with the people you love and a God who shares your hopes and dreams everyday. Thanks and best wishes to you and your family.

6. I am going to show these pics to my youngest son – and he is 21 -you can never be too old for Lego

7. shoes says:

Wow that looked like a lot of fun! What great memories you made.

8. Valentina says:

I know your kids were thrilled to be there. The animals looked so real. Thanks for sharing your memory.

9. Gilly Gee says:

Fabulous and with his skill he could get a job there one day!

• Oh, he did tell us he wants to work there one day when he’s older on our second day visit. Me and his mom smiled and just told him to follow his dreams. Thanks Gilly.

10. janna hill says:

Thank you for the micro-mini visual trip to LEGOLAND.

11. Looks like you had a lot of fun! :) Thanks for taking us big kids along too… ;)

12. Indira says:

Wonderful photos you shared with us thanks. Nice to know you all enjoyed very much.

• Thanks Indira. Yes, we really had a great time. I’m mostly my son’s buddy with the big rides. He loves the roller coasters. I’m the one that was scared in some of them although I tried to keep it to myself. He kept on saying, “that was fun. let’s ride again.”

13. rommel says:

Ahihihihi … Love the father and son conversations. Your kid is amusingly smart and adventurous. I can tell where he got it from. hmmm…
    Having seen this post and from your perspective I think Lego Land beats Universal Studios by a large scale. IMHO. A family fun to remember, indeed.
    IT, bond away with your kid. Don’t worry about us, your followers, we’re willing to wait for awesome posts afterwards. :D

• Thanks Bro. I think you’re right. For a smaller kids, the rides at Legoland were more ideal for their age. Just enough thrill yet safe…even for the scared parents like me. It feels good to just enjoy a week of no worries. I wish life has more of that in the real world. Your travels reminds me that I should enjoy life more and experienced more adventures.

14. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: A Lifetime Of Memories « बंजारा

Missed you! Glad it was in a good cause. We were there about 12years ago and much of it is still the same, so thank you for the memories.

• Thank you my friend. It felt weird to be off the blogging world. It has been a part of me that I felt something was missing in my usual routines. I do take my blogger friends seriously and their constant supportive words are part of my daily inspiration. Best wishes to you and your family.

16. scrapydo says:

This is amazing, my son was also a lego fanatic when he was young. Thanks for the trip

17. Cafe says:

Brings back memories of my childhood! Except now, I think the Legos have gotten way fancier :)

• Thanks. Yes, it is more fancier now and so many themes to choose from. I guess it simply wants to catch up with the changes in our current time. Everything seems to be high tech nowadays.

• Cafe says:

Everything is so high-tech now. It’s interesting how the next generation will only know about high-tech gadgets, whereas we’ve seen the change from old school to that. I don’t know if it’s just me getting old, but I don’t want the old school to completely disappear.

18. ooo…I did a scrapbook page of my grandson’s visit to Legoland, CA! I didn’t know there was one in FL.

• Thanks Georgette. I was told the Florida one is new. Much as I enjoyed Disney World, Legoland gives us more room to breathe. It is less crowded and less time spent on lining up for the rides. I bet the scrapbook you made for your grandson has so many happy memories. Memories are a way for us to go back and relive a fun event.

19. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: A Lifetime Of Memories « Traveler's Lounge

20. sutira says:

You and your family seemed to enjoy yourselves and had lots of fond memories at Legoland.
    Here’s my entry:

• We have our low moments but we try our best to make us much fun, happy memories as we can. We only live once and I think we should live it to the fullest. And yes, childhood also comes once and I wish to celebrate my son’s childhood years for as much and as long as I can. Thanks Sutira. Inspiring entry.

• sutira says:

Family life has its highs and lows. But we all know that it’s totally more than worth it. Cherish the happy memories :)

21. jakesprinter says:

You never disappoint us in every picture you choose to put in your blog ,
    Thanks for sharing Bro. :)

22. Pingback: WEEKLY IMAGE OF LIFE: A LIFETIME OF MEMORIES « Francine In Retirement

You have given us a beautiful memory I am sure your son will never forget. Your photos are beautifully taken and a source of inspiration. Here is my entry. http://wp.me/p23TG1-17X

• Thanks Francine. Your post always brings about a positive value that we all can learn from. I wish I came across this amazing show growing up. Looks like it has so much to offer that would prepare a young optimistic mind when he/she grows up. This lesson is priceless, “One of the greatest gifts you can give anybody is the gift of your honest self.” We all need lots of honesty and integrity in todays world. Mr. Rogers and his work will always live through the people he inspired and continues to inspire.

24. indiGo says:

Spending quality time with the family–the happiest moments ever! I’m happy for you sir. Saying “yes” to a simple request, seeing them happy bring joy to our hearts and I know you’re feeling it now after your Legoland Adventure. Be back with my entry. :)
    Blessed day, sir!

• That was one amazing entry my friend. You are blessed to travel these places with the people that is important to you.These are priceless blessings in life we should always celebrate and remember. Thank you for sharing a wonderful journey.

What a fantastic experience together! I’m amazed by what can be made out of Legos!! I especially like the animal creations, but I’m also wowed by the replicas of Las Vegas.

• I was amazed too of how they glued all together the different Lego characters. The Las Vegas and other U.S. tourist spots replicas were just impressive. So detailed. It was like being in a Lego museum, just vibrant and active. Thanks.

26. Indira says:

Hi friend, you have given wonderful photos, I loved them, especially, animal creations, thanks for sharing. Here is my entry- http://amaltaas.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/weekly-image-of-life-a-lifetime-of-memories-2/

27. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: A Lifetime Of Memories « बंजारा

Thanks for sharing your memories of this beautiful park, dear IT.
    I and my family and my daughter Gaby’s friends celebrate at this time the memories of Gaby’s life. She passed away very suddenly. But we all have beautiful memories of her. On the 28th of August she would have turned 55.

• Sorry to hear about Gaby. Your love for her as well as your family will keep her memory alive for always. Memories of our love ones keeps us going and making us realize how beautiful life has been. Thanks Aunt Yuta.

29. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: A Lifetime Of Memories–On God | Simply Charming

Hey, Island T. just a small writing piece on a lifetime of memories-on God…http://wp.me/p1RzUf-1ki
    Happy you are back, safe and sound! :)

• Thanks for sharing a post that inspires us to bring back a radiant sunshine to our faith. Beautiful memories are a gift from God who bless us generously everyday. God bless you and your family.

31. dadirri7 says:

what a fantastic place, so much fun, my sons would have loved it since they were great lego fans! here is my entry http://wp.me/p296YA-cV

• I am speechless my friend. This post is filled with love and endearing thoughts, of tender, happy and inspiring moments with family through the years. You and your family’s lifetime of beautiful on going journey reminded me of how it was growing up around 5 siblings. We had similar group photos, treasured and cherished for always. Everyone is married now except one. I just wished I didn’t have to move that far so I can be with them every now and them. The last time I saw them was March of this year after being away for 4 years. Memories and photos, two things we will carry with us no matter where destiny will take us. Thank you for sharing a loving post. best wishes to your family.

32. deepa says:

Hi IT, I did notice your absence.. it does seem like a memorable trip. I wold love to take my boys there.. Here’s my entry..

• I bet your boys would have a great time. It is the Disney World equivalent for a Lego fan. Thanks for sharing and for creating a wonderful post on memories.

What a great fun. Have a happy summer.

34. I can tell you that memories I’d like to make involve the Legoland near us. I felt kind of ambivalent about it until I saw your pictures; now, I’d like to sign up for that pronto! I want my son to think mostly of of such times with me when I’m no longer here to create new times with him.

• My friend, indeed it is the perfect time to create happy and magical times with your son. There are no words to describe a beautiful, joyful moment shared among family, may it be in Legoland or a fun day at the park. And yes, take lots of pictures. My son can’t pretty much remember our trips to Disney when he was 3 and 4 years old but through the photos, he get to go back and realize how much fun he had. Thanks Deborah.

35. What a great post! Thank you for the time it took to sort, organize and share this beautiful slice of your vacation! I never knew there was such a place, so you broadened my world a bit more today! Thanks, also, for including my blog in your post! Lisa

• Thanks Lisa. We broaden a bit each others world with every post shared day after day, week after week. There are places you’d been to that I can only dream about but through your posts, it felt like your readers were also there with you with each adventure.

• And as I just stated to one of your comments on my site, you are making such a positive and great example to lots of people all over the world. Thank you for sharing so much of your personal life and allowing us to follow as you nurture your family and light the way for others. Your posts always reflect a profound love for your family and for this planet.
        Z

• Thank you Z. When I watch the t.v., read the news, even look at the experiences I had in my life, so much pain, suffering, stress. Our lives and the world around us needs all the positivity, love and healing it can get. We can choose to be happy, even if we still have our problems if we want to. It’s just setting the right mind and heart for it. My wife sometimes ask me, “why do you blog?” I blog cause enjoy doing it. I discover parts of myself that I don’t know, I meet amazing people with amazing creativity, mind and heart, I can be myself and make a difference. Take care.

36. harpersfarm says:

What a wonderful post! It looks like you had a great time together. Excellent photos.

• Thank you. We did. Our first day didn’t start out right when our ticket was given to another passenger by the Air Tran crew for being late for 2 minutes at the Hobby Airport in Houston. It was a horrible experience but the next day in Florida, sunshine came like a joyful suprise and the rest was magic.

37. Fantastic post and photos!!

38. Sartenada says:

I have never been in Legoland, not even in Demark, although it is quite near to me. There was a small coincidence with Your post and with mine. We both are presenting amusement parks.

• Thanks for sharing. I love amusement parks. I get to be a kid all over again and forget the usual stress in life. Plus I get to create amazing memories with my family.

39. What a fantastic (LEGO)world. I didn’t know the existing of it.

40. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: A Lifetime of Memories « Life of a Minister Mom

41. lifeofministermom says:

This is such a great post. I’m glad you had fun!! Here’s my entry: http://lifeofministermom.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/weekly-image-of-life-a-lifetime-of-memories/
    It’s also about a very special family outing :)

• That was one beautiful and fun post. I felt like I was also there watching the game, cheering and simply being one with the moment. You are creating happy, fun and exciting memories with your family that will last a lifetime and beyond. God bless you and your love ones.

You have lots of wonderful memories with your son and your family… Very special record to create. :-)
    Eliz

43. Sabina Brave says:

Childhood should be like that – happy :)

44. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: A Lifetime of Memories « Comments from Cathy

45. Cathy G says:

Hello! Thanks for another wonderful theme! Here’s my entry:

• Yes, my friend, their memories and their presence remains alive in your heart. Looking through the photos, I am too reminded by the family I shared my life with who are no longer in this lifetime but I still remember they way they smiled, laugh, the warmth of their hug, the stories they tell. I felt a mixture of joy and sadness. Joy that they will always be with me in thoughts and prayers and sadness knowing I will never physically see and touch them. Thanks Cathy for sharing these, “The memories of eight lifetimes are heartfelt.

The memories of eight lifetimes are enduring.

I’m grateful that I was able to take the time to remember them.” Beautiful post .

• Cathy G says:

Thank-you, island traveler. You gave us a beautiful theme. I really enjoy this series and look forward to joining whenever I can!

46. dearrosie says:

Hi IT,
    I love the way you share a few of the conversations and photos of you and your son :-)
    Laughed at the women arguing over the chairs.

My son also loved playing with Lego and I know how he would’ve loved going to a place like this.

• Perhaps one day he will. Destiny does bring a lot of surprises. The two ladies finally mellowed down. And before we left the food court we gave our seats to each of them since they both have other family members still standing and sitting on the floor. I thought I saw a hint of a smile when I gave them the chair. Heat, rain and long waits can get the best of us. Thanks.

47. Freedomborn says:

That was fun Island Traveler, great shots, I created a Power point for Children on Disney land using Topiary animals with a friendship theme, your photos reminded me of it, what wonderful memories you are creating for you and your family, can I come next time?

Thank you for the Pingback, I just found it in spam, frustrating to say the least, anyway I’m pleased you had such a great time away but it’s good to have you back, Ron missed you too, your words of encouragement are a blessing to both of us.

Christian Love – Anne.

48. Thanks Anne. You and Ron are a constant source of words of faith and inspiration. I do appreciate each visit and comment everytime. That is nice of you to create a power point for children on Disney land. I bet it was magical. God bless you both always. Have a beautiful Summer.

• Freedomborn says:

I have now posted this Power Point Island Traveler for your son, the links below, I hope you can open it and that he enjoys it. Thank you so much for your friendship.

Blog Post – http://freedomborn.wordpress.com/2012/08/05/disney-and-our-topiary-friends/

Christian Love from both of us – Anne.

• Anne, my friend, this power point images of Topiary friends are just beautiful with words that comes from a person who first of all, knows what it is to be a loving and generous friend. I’d been to Disney twice and marvelled also how they came up with these amazing topiary. What gave life to the images are your words filled with love, hope, faith and encouragment. Yes, the best ship is “friendship!” God bless you and Ron.

49. Pingback: A Lifetime of Memories – Bonding through Paint « Zeebra Designs & Destinations

50. you amaze me with how prolific you are with quality of posts and in feedback to others! here’s my take on this week’s lifetime of memories. thanks, z

• Your words made me feel that I was there myself, watching the painting evolve into something amazing. As I stare at the beautiful painting, I could picture each of the faces in these pictures. Friends and family giving a piece of their mind , heart , memory and talent. I bet they too are transported back into this unforgettable time where everyone worked in unison everytime they look at the painting and the photos. These words inspired me today, ” Embedded in that art are the memories of a group of beautiful souls working in harmony with each other. ” I hope and pray too that the rest of world may be inspired to to the same. A brilliant entry my friend. Best wishes to you and your family.

• Thank you Z. Your post took me to a place where people work together with one heart and vision. Beautiful!

51. Ron says:

Memories in photo print your son IT will look back on a great dad who took time out to make memories.

Blessings
    Ron

• Thank you Ron. I can’t believe how much he has grown and how much his looks has changed. That is I why I thought of sharing his baby/toddler pictures. He still has the same beautiful eyes and the generous smiles but he lost the curls and the baby cheeks. My little baby is growing and evolving into an amazing person God intended him to be.

52. Pingback: Friendship Flower Blessings | Project 365 Challenge in 2012

53. Thanks for the pingback.

54. I wish they’d had Legoland when my son was little. He absolutely LOVED legos and had two giant tubs full of them. When he joined the Air Force and left home, he told my daughter she could play with them. She does sometimes when she misses him.

Maybe someday he’ll have a son of his own to take to Legoland. :)

55. sued51 says:

I can see why kids love that place! Amazing creations with legos and SO colorful and cheery!

56. cuhullen says:

We just discussed memories on my blog. :) I always enjoy traveling with you through these posts.

57. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Love And Family | this man's journey

58. Iamrcc says:

Thanks for looking in and liking my post Leaf Starts.