Purple Sunset

Weekly Photo Challenge: Purple

There are moments in our lives that we find magic in an unforgettable event involving the people who touched our lives and the nature around us that took our breath away. One of such magical moments for me was finding my way to the road that led to the beautiful coastal city of Clearwater Florida.

Thanks to my iPhone’s camera plus, I was able to create this purple haze effect. The rest as they say, “was pure magic.”

On our fourth day at the amazing sunshine state, we decided to go to the beach. After the long walks and crazy rides at Legoland, it was time to relax, have fun swimming and rest our achy feet. The day before, we ventured to Cocoa Beach as recommend by one of the staff of the hotel that we stayed at. It was a nice beach but the waves were a bit rough as it was meant more for surfing and the water cold, being a part of the waters of the Atlantic ocean. Then we met this woman who told us about Clearwater Florida. She said the sand was fine white with the waters warm and crystal clear.

A walk to remember for both me and my son.

After two hours of drive from Orlando, we finally reach Clearwater. As we entered the town, we could see endless shades of blue and green waters with a long strip of bright white sand glistening in Summer’s day noon time Sun. We all got excited. We first stopped at the Clearwater State Park for several hours of swimming and resting under our blue umbrella then went to Pier 60 to watch the sunset.

Pier 60 was bursting with beach life and fun. Two hours before and after the sunset, Arts and craft exhibit were being shown and sold at the entire stretch of the pier with activities ranging from street dance, bungee jumping and slides to name a few all happening at the same time. My son ventured into the bungee jumping for the first time. He had so much fun that he did it twice. He felt like a superhero for 15 minutes.

So, what about the purple sunset? Well, the sunset was the same sunset that you and I see everyday but that day, at least for me everything around me seemed to appear magical. From the beautiful beach, the warm and romantic sunset, the happiness on my child’s face as he zoomed up into the air, the sweet smile of my wife, the joy of the moment, all these created a magical moment. Thus, in a way I did see a purple sunset and I even felt in my heart. A purple sunset I will always remember.

Thanks for sharing your day with me. Have you ever seen and felt a purple sunset before? I bet you had a few or more. Let your memory take you to those magical moments of purple sunsets and more.

This entry was posted in Events, family, photography, Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

84 Responses to Purple Sunset

1. Bella Grace says:

I love this post. Purple is my favorite color. It means royalty as well as it is the color for Domestic Violence Awareness. Amazing how the photos came out so vivid with the color change. Thank you, it made me smile some more!

Be encouraged. Be inspired. Be who He created you to be.

Love,
    Bella Grace

2. While the third photograph is particularly captivating with the sun’s ability to split through the image, the fourth image seems to have a stronger narrative. It has a chorus of viewers watching a child who is having the time of his life. The focus is clearly on the child and his experience, but the contrasts are enlivened by that light of the sun. Great shot, Sally

Stunningly beautiful images. Love your bungee jumping champion. ;)

The fourth photo is also my favorite. It looks very magical :)

5. wolke205 says:

What a pleasure to look at this photos, I loveee purple :) Happy Weekend my friend, take care :)

6. cobbies69 says:

fabulous pictures and great memory to go…;)

7. Gilly Gee says:

Wow your boy’s bungee is awesome, I bet he loves the photo!

8. sutira says:

I love the purple sand and the purple sky. They look magical.

Wonderful photos.

Thanks for sharing these magic moments, dear Island Traveler. The pictures look wonderful. Your son looks a great little hero!

11. Imelda says:

The shots are all ,magical with a purple hue. What a lovely time you had. :-)

12. Lisaman says:

I love that purple background…I once had an orange filter years ago which left a similar effect in orange!!

13. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Purple « Marcia Clarke–La Chica Writes

14. What an effective effect, perfect for the theme. Beautiful shots…well done! :)

15. tchistorygal says:

Nice article. Sounds like you had a time to remember for a lifetime. Thanks for sharing it. Thanks also for sharing my post.

16. gelaikuting says:

WOW! I so love the purple sunset :) Great shots… I wanna try bungee jumping :)

17. jeanne says:

We love visiting Florida. We will be visiting Key West later this year.

• Thanks Jeanne. Love your new Avatar. I’ve sat there twice, watching the sunrise. So peaceful. I am not able to enter you blog though. Something is wrong with the link I think. I also want to see Key West, maybe next year. Wishing you a fun Summer…

I remember Clearwater Beach as scintillating and bright- sun shine all the way. Beautiful images. Thanks for sharing.

• It was beautiful. I didn’t even know such place exist until the woman told us about it. A lot of my friends would drive from Houston to Destin which they see is simply amazing. I guess fate led us there. Thanks.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Love these pictures. Love them. I especially like the one of your son zooming up in the purple sky. Great shot.

20. That is a purple sky!

21. lulu says:

Sunsets on Florida’s west coast are a wonder.

Excellent photos and I love the shades of purple in them. :-)
    Eliz

23. melanietoulouse says:

Hi & greetings from Toulouse, France! Thanx for dropping by our blog:
    Your pix are really awesome, congrats! :-)
    – – –
    Last May, we spent 4 days in Houston, TX(NASA-area) where we used to live for 5 years and then we flew to Orlando, Florida. We visited lots of wonderful spots, from St-Augustine down to Key West. If you’re interested and if you have some spare time, you’ll find my pix if you search Florida and go! :-)

Have a great weekend and good luck in all your endeavours!

• Thank you. Looks like you’d been to a lot of beautiful places. Would you believe that I have not been to NASA yet? It’s on list though. Hopefully soon. Wishing you and your family all the best.

• melanietoulouse says:

Yes, we’ve been to many places around the world: we have lots of vacation & days-off in France… :-) I do believe you for NASA! We used to live in Paris(France, not Texas! :-) ) for 8 years, and the first time we went up the Eiffel Tower was with our parents, relatives or friends visiting us! :-)

During our 5 years in the US, we visited almost all the big cities and the wonderful, unique national parks, Yellowstone has remained our favourite one. We spent 2 weeks in Hawaii, too: Oahu & Big Island, both absolute must-see spots… Have you ever been to “old Europe”?… :-) All our US friends who got here once, have always come back, even though they’ve been Americans for several generations, their roots started here… :-)

My very best from rainy Toulouse, France, “old Europe”… :-)

• I’m envious my friend. You are blessed to visit these amazing places. I’d been 9 years in the U.S. and barely a quarter to where you’d been. You inspired me today to be more adventurous. Time to build up my vacation hours. Thanks.

• Thank you for sharing. I will check these images. I always want to go to Key West. I heard it’s beautiful. Wishing you and your family all the best.

24. Sabina Brave says:

It’s really purple. :)
    Have a wonderful weekend IT. :)

25. Wow the sand was already making my eyes widen but… this sunset is absolutely amazing! Great photos :)

26. Cathy G says:

Thanks for sharing your day. It looks like you had a fantastic time! ;)

• I did Cathy. It felt great to break away from work and the daily stresses of life and just be lost in a place of serenity, fun and happiness. I wish it’s vacation-like everyday. Thanks.

27. Tammy says:

I love the bungee photos of your son!

28. Oh, my gosh. Looking at those last couple of pictures just . . . I would love to be there. I am there, a little, through these pictures. So wonderful.

• Thanks Deborah. This is the beauty of blogging, through the eyes and experiences of others, we get to see and feel what it’s like be in another place without being their physically. I’m glad you like the post. Best wishes.

29. Arindam says:

Bro it will be hard to forget the purple sunset the way you presented in this post. I love the last two pictures. Extraordinary work. :) Have a great weekend.

30. dearrosie says:

Love the photos. Very clever sunsets! And the bungee jumping oh my…
    Its unfortunate that I’m not able to access my computer all day at work so don’t have much time for blogging because I’d love to take part in your photo challenges.

• Thanks my friend. The bungee jumping was a blast . The smile on my son’s face was priceless. Oh, I was also off the computer for a week….thus , I’m just catching up.

31. Pingback: Photo of the Day – Summer Sunset « Jack T. Scully

Wow, very beautiful. It’s a great sky. :)

I’m having fun with Camera+ too. My daughter told me about it. Perhaps I’ll play some more with it. Do more “radical” effects, huh!

34. AAAhhh … Florida – my home sweet home. Clearwater can have magnificent
    sunsets. They are always changing their colors with the intense heat. Great
    photos.
    Blessings,
    Isadora

35. In tomorrow’s post I will nominate you for the Inspiring Blog Award. Congratulations.

36. Barb says:

What a quinky dink that the hues came out purple. Lovely, but I especially admire your son’s bravado to jump right in and bungee jump. Perhaps purple is the color of a proud papa?

Your purple adventure to Clearwater, Fl has me thinking, it is a bucket list item…cha-ching! Checked, for a future must visit trip…thanks!

38. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Beautiful | this man's journey

I love the purple sunsets! They are dreamy, soothing and magical. Great post and photos!

40. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Summertime Blast | this man's journey

41. A perfect purple post!