Weekly Image Of Life: Beautiful

Life Is Beautiful, We Are Beautiful

There are so many beautiful inspirations around us. A breathtaking landscape, a golden sunset, the faces and smiles of the people we love, a festive and colorful event, gifts of Nature, of moments of peace and calmness, of experiencing a happy and fun-filled dream vacation, of celebrations, of seeing your baby for the first time, of unforgettable travels to places of wonder and discovery, of holding your family close to you as you spend a precious memory close to the ocean .

A beautiful and peaceful moment underneath the walkway at Pier 60.

Everyday, we see something beautiful. Some are a feast for the eyes, while others move and stirs our heart’s emotions. Some can even touch the very depths of our soul.

As I wait for the sunrise to appear, I just stared at the waves. Every time the water goes back to the ocean, I imagined that all my heartaches goes with it and all that’s left is heart that is calm and at peace.

Today, we get to share something that is beautiful to you. Something that inspired you. Something that made you feel so alive. Something that made you say, “Indeed, life is beautiful.” Something that says, “We are all beautiful,” because what is deep within us is a beautiful, talented, caring and loving person that is always ready to make a difference for others and the world around them.

One Beautiful Summer Day

As we entered the Sand Key Park, we all saw a seemingly endless stretch of white sand and blue-green water. We were all so excited that we can’t wait to get out of the car and jump into its waters. My son kept yelling, “Let me see, let me see!” I parked the car close to the entrance so he can see the beach while we prepare our stuff.

We rented a blue umbrella and two cushioned chairs. It felt good to rest and feel the ocean breeze after 2 hours of driving. My son kept asking me, “Let’s swim, let’s swim,” as he pulled my hand.

While swimming, my son was jumping up and down looking so happy and excited. Swimming with the waves, he would shout, “Look dad, I’m a big boy. I can swim.” When he gets tired, he would place his arms around my shoulder and we would ride with the waves together.

About an hour after, it was time to each our lunch. We took refuge under our umbrella and ate hurriedly our hotdog sandwich which not only because we were so hungry but because the seagulls were hovering above us, ready to dive in. There was one young woman who was screaming as she ran into the water chased by the seagulls. They only stopped when she let go of her sandwich. I was a bit stunned. Most of the time, the seagulls were friendly, just flying graceful above us. I guess they were just hungry. They reminded me of myself when I’m starving. Ha, ha, ha.

Beautiful Sunset At Pier 60

The beach at Pier 60 was exploding with fun and relaxing activities. There were so many choices to make. One of them was a pirate costumed balloon maker who made sword balloon for my son.

As we walked along the pier’s entrance, vendors were fixing their tables, getting ready for the Arts and Craft exhibition. My son was acting Mr. curious and kept browsing on the items. He showed his mom a bracelet and said, “Mom, this would look good on you.” His mom smiled back sweetly and replied, “Oh, thank you.”

At the pier’s end we saw several people fishing. My son kept going towards the pier’s volunteer every time he caught a fish. Sensing his enthusiasm, the volunteer called him and let his hold the fish while I took his picture. The volunteer then fed the fish to the pier’s live mascot, Mr. Pelican. He would stand close to us waiting for the next free meal.

The sun was slowly setting, I called my wife and held her close to me as we watched the ocean and the sunset. My son took our picture and did an awesome job.

Before heading to Crabby Bills for dinner, my son had a thrilling bungee jumping and played at the park to his heart’s content. His face was glowing with happiness. While watching him finish his bungee jumping, I started talking to this woman next to us. She then asked us, “Have you met Winter yet?” I asked, “Who is Winter.” She told me, “Winter is the adorable dolphin in the movie Dolphin Tale. Clearwater is her home.” I said, “Oh, wow. I didn’t know.” I felt sad a bit since we were supposed to go back to Orlando that night.

Isn’t it beautiful to just wake up every morning without worries and be greeted by an ocean view overlooking your window? Dreams are free and today, I will dream of one when I go to bed.

After dinner, I told my wife, “Just let me finish this coffee so I can drive all fired up on our way back to Orlando.” She smiled at me and said, “You don’t have to drive. We’ll find a hotel so you can get some rest and for us to see Winter tomorrow.”  I was surprised. She added, “I saw how happy you both looked earlier while swimming at the beach. It’s my gift to you boys.” Now I’m the one glowing.

Beautiful Sunrise, Beautiful New Day

I woke up early to catch the sunrise. The beach was empty. It was so quiet and serene. All I could hear were the waves, the birds and my footsteps. As I stared at the ocean at the pier’s deck area, I saw a dorsal fin rise above the water. I though at first, “Shark!” then another fin showed up this time in a jumping motion. “Oh my gosh, they were dolphins.” I saw about 2 or 3 of them. I tried to take a picture with my iPhone camera but it was too far. It was beautiful experience beyond words.

There is a one dorsal fin somewhere in this waters. Guess where it is.

Meeting Winter

I remember watching the movie with my son and how the ending moved me when a little girl who was born with one leg got out of the car to see Winter. She said something like, “Look mommy, Winter is like me.” I felt a heaviness in my heart. I said to myself, “There is a Winter in all of us.” A beautiful and inspiring movie.

Meet Winter. Her story inspired so many people to face their fears, to pursue life with courage and to accept ourselves for who we are. There is Winter in all of us.

As soon as we entered the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, we head straight to where Winter was. We were all speechless for a moment. Before us was a smiling, happy, jolly Winter who lost her tail when she was about 4 months old. Her tail got tangled in a crab trap and lost its blood flow. She almost died until they found an artificial tail for her. In the movie, a rich, generous benefactor donated money so Winter and her friends will continue to have a home after a devastating hurricane. In truth, the benefactors were the people who would pay for the tickets to see her. That day, so many generous people visited her. The place was packed with people all day long. It was a very moving and beautiful scene.

This dolphin has a scar on her back from a very bad sunburn she sustained when she was young. She followed her mom close to the shore. Kids and adults were taught dolphin first aid and dolphin 101.

We rode a trolley that took us to downtown Clearwater, a part of the Pinellas County. All the props used in the movie Dolphin Tale were there. We went inside a room that recreated the hurricane scene of the movie. My son had a great time playing games that were part of the last scene where a fund-raising was done to help save the marine shelter and its inhabitants.

The different prosthetic tails that Winter wore until a perfect one was finally made so she can swim normally.

The real house boat seen in the movie. The water where it floats is where the race between Winter and a human swimmer was held.

Beautiful Moments

We went back to our hotel that day loaded with beautiful memories. Memories that will always remind us that love, happiness, generosity, kindness, and a perfect beautiful moment happens everyday. Beautiful moments that may come as an unexpected fun surprise.

A beautiful Summer of 2012.

Thank you once again for sharing your day with me. May this post inspire you to embrace and see the beautiful images around you. May you capture these images not only with your camera but with your heart.

Today, get to know these beautiful blogger friends and their wonderful entries.

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget. Have a great time making wonderful memories.

All images taken from an iPhone 4 camera using Camera + App. My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories you make in this lifetime.

Related articles

This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, Life, photography, Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

151 Responses to Weekly Image Of Life: Beautiful

1. dinadkosasih says:

It’s a wonderful post, I enjoy reading it. Thanks so much for sharing the links to my post. I hope you’re blessed too :)

2. Freedomborn says:

Wow island traveler, what a Travel log, really wonderful, you do indeed capture life in it’s fullness both with your camera and in living it. Thanks for sharing and thank you for your kindness with the pingback, I’m honored to be mentioned on your Blog.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne

• Anne, Ron , you both shared so generously and inspired to give more. Everyday, somebody reminds me that there is beauty and goodness in people and love though has its tests is something worth fighting for. Happiness and great memories are real and we can make more if we want too. God bless you both. Thanks.

3. cobbies69 says:

Fantastic diary in pictures, and no doubt future memory remembered. ;)

4. bulldogsturf says:

You are so good at this type blog.. I always feel I’m with you… great pictures and words that show you know the goings on …lovely…

• Thanks. One day, the stories we tell and the images we shared will remind that we all had a good and happy life. Not always perfect but it’s the closest to the best thing!

5. sutira says:

Life is beautiful… Love the images and story. You’re lucky to see dolphins!
    Now you know that seagulls can be very aggressive ;)

6. john tugano says:

this post is indeed so beautiful. bro,I love how you enjoyed life treasures in your trip together with your family.There’s nothing more beautiful than being with your loved ones in a one beautiful trip..=)

7. indiGo says:

I love this post! You have a very beautiful family and I was touched by Winter’s story.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful moments. :) God bless you and your family.

Such a beautiful post. What fun you and your son have together, making memories every day.

9. Pingback: WEEKLY IMAGE OF LIFE: BEAUTIFUL « Francine In Retirement

10. Connie T says:

You week sounds wonderful. I love the beach and wow, you saw dolphins.I saw that movie and you saw the real dolphin. Great pictures.

• Thanks Connie. The dolphin encounter was a total unexpected surprise whIch made the entire trip an event to remember. I had to watch the movie after the trip so I can refresh my nemory.

I love how you lay out your beautiful life before us. These photos are amazing. Thanks for sharing. My entry for this week is sunsets. http://wp.me/p23TG1-19L

• Thanks Francine. Life has its ups and fowns but I hope to share the “ups” and hopefully others would do the same. I believe the world needs to hear and read more positive and happy stories as compared to the sad and scary news we see on t.v. or read on papers.

12. Gail says:

Great post! Beautiful photos, beautiful trip, and a beautiful family! I’ve never seen the movie, but sure want to now. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.

13. Gilly Gee says:

What a generous blogger you are putting so much effort and work into your posts. This is lovely to read and great photos too!
    p.s. your son is turning into a real charmer :-)

• Thanks Gilly. Seeing my son looking so happy… Priceless! Yes, he’s turning into one. He has his mood swings at times but pretty much irresistible when he’s at his best. Oh, he takes good pictures too.

14. catnipoflife says:

Thank you so much for the pingback. . .I am deeply honored! Your post is awesome and the pictures are exceptional! Blessings to you:>)

15. Beautiful photos and post. I am so happy that your son (and you) got to see Winter–how special.

16. Purely.. Kay says:

I just love your photos as always. These are just amazing… and I love how cute the dolphins are. There’s nothing like an aquarium

17. scrapydo says:

Wonderful to share your life with you.

18. This is such a beautiful post, and it’s always heart warming to witness someone sharing his love of his family with the world. You set a great example for many, and I loved my sidecar seat beside all of you in Florida! Thanks so much! Lisa/Z

• Thanks Lisa. It’s amazing how life balances everything. One day you’re tired, worn out, burned then the next day, you wake up in a magical , beautiful , happy place with memories to remind you how good life is. Thank you my friend. Your stories and images always remind me that joy and adventure awaits…always!

• Thank you! We often get so caught up in trials of each day that we forget to take note of the magic around us at any given time. You do a great job of calling our attention to those special moments with our loved ones and remind us to treasure them.
        I have found that a good night’s sleep almost always makes the previous day’s problems evaporate. Yesterday is gone, and a new day awaits.
        Siempre, Lisa/Z

19. angrygaijin says:

You are high on life, my friend – and I think that’s excellent. :)

• Thank you. I have my bad days and the usual adult pressures and stressors of life but I would rather celebrate the good things that comes my way. And my hope is to have more happy memories that my family would remember years from now. After all, life is about making choices.

20. Beautiful beach days with a beautiful family. I love reading the quotes your son said to your wife and your wife said both you “boys” =)

21. Beautiful photos of a beautiful trip, thank you for sharing them with us!

22. Gobetween says:

What lovely beaches, I hope your son remembers these times and enjoys them as much as you do.

23. This is such a beautiful post! thanks for sharing. my entry for the week is http://citylifepicture.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/weekly-image-of-life-beautiful/

24. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Beautiful–The Horse | Simply Charming

25. I have seldom come across such a beautiful travelogue. The text and the images dance together! Loved it.

Shakti

Simply beautiful memories for sure, Island T. Thank you again and again! :) Here is my contribution…
    Weekly Image Of Life: Beautiful–The Horse http://wp.me/p1RzUf-1n6

• Now, that’s one wonderful post that comes from a heart that knows what is truly beautiful, the inner soul!. The horse is a beautiful creature and I agree, it embodies, strength, power and beauty. As humans, these are all so inviting. For me, I hope and pray, for good health, of power that comes from a brilliant mind and of beauty that comes from a pure, kind heart that never fades. I know that I have to work hard to earn it as compared to a beauty product that I can just buy at the store. Thanks for sharing a beautiful post my friend.

Lovely photos, as always.

28. tchistorygal says:

I am SO impressed with your story. What a love-filled experience and story. My mom had friends in Punta Gorda, FL, and so I have been to beautiful Clearwater on one or two occasions when I was 10-12 years old. I will come back and “camp out”, as one blogger says, on your site when I don’t have to rush off to work. Catch you soon. Thanks again for all your kind and wonderful words.

29. Arindam says:

What a lovely post bro. So beautiful and inspiring. You have a wonderful family, where share each one of you share such a beautiful bond with each other. :) Great work bro.

• Thanks Bro. We are not perfect but we try our best to make the most wonderful memories whenever possible. Life is too short my friend. If we can be happy now and have fun, why not, right?

30. MikeP says:

The beauty I have found is in the Olympics… I love the back stories of people without a country and still being able to compete. How about the Saudi women racing for the first time. Even the exchanging of numbers from one runner to another…. that runner being with out legs. This makes it a more beautiful world for me. And for a little bit I can tune out the killings and politics.

• Yes, I heard about the amazing and inspiring stories of these olympic heroes whose journey to pursue their dreams already is more than enough to say that they already won. I salute our American medalists. I know they worked hard for these winnings. But to me, the real inspiration comes from the athletes who came from a poverty, politically challenged countries. An Athlete who though may have been born with one leg, fought for a dream. Who despite of having less resources, fought for what they believe in. These are my olympic heroes ! The gold medal is already within their hearts.

31. I always know I’ll enjoy reading your latest post- many thanks!

32. Freedomborn says:

Photos show the journey but not the emotions and feelings that accompany them, thanks for your for summary too, lovely

Blessings
    Ron.

• Freedomborn says:

Sorry Island Traveler, I meant to change to Ron’s details on his comment, I mostly post them for him because of trouble with our Blog but I agree with Ron, you bring life to your photos with your heart sharing and it brings us Joy.

Christian Love Anne

• Thanks Anne. When we share the blessings and goodness that we have in our lives, in a way we honor the one God who gives it to us. Today, I just had another beautiful weekend with my family together with my wife’s family. Once again, I am grateful and overjoyed. Take care.

• Thank Ron. I felt God’s goodness through these blessings. I am happy and grateful. Best wishes to you and Anne.

Such beautiful representations of “beautiful!” Very well done and thanks for sharing.

34. deepa says:

IT, your words are always so beautiful, heartfelt and inspiring! Thanks for the pingback! Here’s my take on ‘Beautiful’

35. Sartenada says:

Wow, how great post. After reading and admiring Your wonderful photos I feltmyself happy.

• Thank you for sharing. I’m glad you enjoyed the post. Happiness is meant to be shared. Life and its blessings are meant to be shared as well. Have a great weekend.

36. Thank you for sharing your beautiful day with your beautiful family. :)

• There was a time I saw success in a different way until my eyes and heart were opened to the truth. In one instant, all forms of riches can be taken away but love and family is forever as well as a kind, generous , peaceful and contended heart. I agree, “In the end it is those intangibles as love, friendship and respect that really matter. It is fulfilling a dream. It is striving to be better, not better than anyone else but better than your previous self. It is the satisfaction of doing the right thing and the giving of yourself to others. That is success.” Well said my friend. Well said!

37. melanietoulouse says:

Interesting, wonderful pix and story, as usually, thanx!… I’m back from the Catalan Pyrénées, Andorra, situated on the French-Spanish border, 2h-drive from Toulouse; in the winter, we go there to ski and in the summer to walk… We love mountains! :-) I did post some pix….
    - – -
    Have a serene weekend! :-)

• Oh, wow! Catalan Pyrénées, Andorra must be beautiful. I do wish to see those amazing pictures. Thank you. I am unable to go your blog. What’s your wordpress link/address?
      Have a beautiful weekend.

38. There are dolphins in the river where I live. Beautiful, aren’t they?

Thanks again for your beautiful perspective. Peace to you!

• You have dolphins close to where you live? That is so awesome. My dream is to one day live close to the sea. I know that nothing is impossible so, I am hopeful. Thanks.

39. Cathy G says:

Wonderful post – as always! This was a great way to start my day – thanks!

40. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Beautiful « Comments from Cathy

41. dearrosie says:

A perfectly lovely vacation. Your wife was so wise to book the extra day! You have a special skill of always being able to capture the beauty of each day.

• Thanks my friend. She told me that she saw me and my son looking all so happy while swimming at the beach. It was her gift to us. A generous, loving gift. I was so happy that day.

42. cuhome says:

A feast for the eyes and the heart! Like a great meal, followed by dessert! With whipped cream and a cherry on top!!!

• island traveler says:

Delicous comment my friend. A food for the heart indeed. Thank you cuhome. Best wishes and thoughts of happiness to you and your family.

43. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Beautiful « Canadiantravelbugs's Blog

44. After missing out for a few weeks I am back from holidays and recovering from jet lag as we made the long trip from Canada back to China. This was tough for me as I pondered what to pick. Hope you enjoy my idea of beauty…

• I wish Houston has the same magical Autumn color changes like Canada. I see a few browns, orange and yellows but not the brilliant reds and purples. Indeed the last photo shows a spectacular Autumn jewels sparkling like gems. Beautiful images that celebrates the joys of the seasons and its changes. Your are blessed my friend to be a part of this magic. Thank you.

45. The ocean and its’ breezes can capture our hearts and make it soar.
    Your photos ae a perfect story even without the words.
    Blessings …!!!!

46. MysteryCoach says:

Beautiful as always :) I love the movie Dolphin Tale…

47. Pingback: Across the Blogoverse | My Life In Color

48. Patti Kuche says:

Wow, what a wonderful time for you all! The photos are absolutely delightful what with the wonderful variety of activities and blissful moments of quiet peace!

49. Sabina Brave says:

All depends on the way we look at things. World looks much more beautiful, when we can find beauty in small things.

Your posts always have one intrinsic message ‘Life is good’! Thanks for sharing all those happy moments with us :-)

• island traveler says:

It is Madhu. When we count the blessings and forget the negatives, we realize how lucky we are to wake up each day with all the good things and people in our lives.

51. Tammy says:

That’s a beautiful day. I really like the houseboat.

52. island traveler says:

It was. We need to have days like these. Days that makes us feel truly happy. Thanks Tammy.

53. These pictures were full of memories, we used to live in Tampa and enjoyed Christmas’s at the beach. Something we can’t do here in PA! We are planning a trip back to visit Winter – we all just fell in love with her, what a wonderful experience and you caught everything so nicely with your photos. Blessings – Patty

• Thanks Patty. Christmas in Winter sounds magical. I saw Santa at Galveston’s seawall last December. It made our Christmas more special. I too would like to revisit Clearwater and Winter, may be this time we get to swim sit close to her.

54. jakesprinter says:

Beautiful post my friend very inspirational as always .:)

55. Judy says:

What beautiful memories you made that trip….as you always make, IT. I love reading your stories. They always give me hope and promise and make me smile!
    I’m sorry I missed this photo challenge (and the ones while I was gone), but I’ll be back on board for this week’s one. We had a great trip, but I missed my blogger friends, such as you. Thanks for a wonderful, inspiring post.

• Thanks Judy. Been busy lately too since after I came back from the Florida trip. We have family with us for almost a month and its been really fun. I’m trying to catch up with my comments and responses. I too apologize for the delays. Have a beautiful day!

Your pictures are always so inviting… Thank you for sharing your creativity and joy for life. ;-)

57. Akanksha says:

Let me know if you are interested in submitting an article for the weekly theme “A tryst with nature”
    Send me the link or the article with a short bio of yours to ver.akanksha@gmail.com before Thursday, Aug 16th

58. Your photos are always so rich in colour! A joy to read (and view)!
    (btw, I’ve nominated most deserving you for an award! If you’d like to accept it, please check out my post here. If you’d rather not, please know that I respect the work you put into your blog and am more than happy just to have been able to mention it, lovingly, on my own.
    Anne)

I love your first picture. Beautiful moment indeed. I also like the ones with your son running on the beach and on that wooden bridge. Very warm, tender, and nostalgic moments. I will definitely get into this challenge :)

• Thank my friend. Moments like these help us appreciate that there are beautiful things and moments in life. That we can have days that we just wake up all happy surrounded by the people we love, of being close to the sea and nature. That we can have as much perfect days as we want.

60. Paula says:

Everything about this post is BEAUTIFUL, as is your inner world I am sure. Well done IT :)

Beautiful in every way!

62. Pingback: When What Seems Right Feels Wrong | this man's journey

63. lifeofministermom says:

I love this post, and your narrative is always so warm and inviting! I’m enjoying my baby right where she is now, but I also look forward to these moments to come! I think it’s safe to say that both our families are the epitome of beautiful on our eyes. God bless and thanks for sharing! Here’s my entry: http://lifeofministermom.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/weekly-image-of-life-beautiful/
    Patricia

• When I looked at your beautiful , happy family and read the words that comes from your heart, I see myself and why despite of everything I have so many reasons to smile and be grateful about. Yes, the most beautiful people are the ones we love the most, the ones whom we wake up each day ready to embrace life and its journey, the ones who share our joys and tears. Indeed God is good! Beautiful post my friend. Thank you and best wishes to you and your family.

64. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Beautiful « Life of a Minister Mom

65. ailsapm says:

You’ve captured some truly beautiful images and moments here, Mr B, and clearly have a beautiful approach to life too. A very appropriate challenge :)

• Thanks my friend. My life is not perfect but happing moments like these helps me feel that it’s a beautiful life despite of the problems we all face everyday.

66. cuhullen says:

Uplifting posts. Thanks for sharing.

67. So many beautiful stories! With your beautiful family and your beautiful way of looking at life, you will always be surrounded by beauty. Thank you for sharing this lovely post!

68. Thanks for sharing your adventure and wonderful photos. To meet Winter! How exciting. I loved that movie (I’m not ashamed to admit, I cried). Thank you for sharing your part of the world with us, especially someone who is totally landlocked!

69. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Love And Family | this man's journey