Summertime Blast At Cocoa Beach

Last Days Of Summer

The last days of Summer is fast approaching. About 2 weeks from now school begins and a lot of us will be back to our usual routines of “home-work-school” cycle. Dream vacations have to wait until the next long holidays. But before the last radiant smile of Summer ends, wouldn’t it be amazing if we have one more Summertime blast before it ends?

The Joys Of Summer

All of us have our way of making our Summer special. A trip to the beach, a fun time at the water and theme parks, camping and other outdoor activities,  a travel to a beautiful vacation destination, a blissful moment at home or at a breathtaking Nature haven, a journey to paradise, a happy, adventure filled bonding with friends and family during road trips and many more.

Summertime Blast In Florida

Year 2012 is by far the most memorable Summer for me and my family. We got to enjoy two separate Summers from two different countries. Last March, we had a beautiful tropical Summer in the Philippines. A rare treat for my entire family. Then end of last month, we were able to enjoy the golden sunshine and fun beaches of Florida.

Welcome To Cocoa Beach

Fate has its way of bringing some wonderful surprise. Up until the day we headed for Cocoa Beach, we had no idea that such a place exist. We detoured from our first plan to visit Daytona Beach as suggested by one of the hotel’s staff. As we passed the sign, “To Daytona,” I asked my wife, “Last chance. Are you okay if we head to Cocoa Beach? I have no idea what to expect there.” She replied excitedly, “I’m okay. It’s part of the adventure.” I answered back, “Adventure it is!”

We got lost one time but pretty much the rest of our driving was smooth. By the time we got to Cocoa Beach, it was almost noon. The Sun was intense but the Ocean breeze made it more comfortable. I was able to find one parking spot close to the beach but there was a catch. It was next to a water puddle. I looked at my wife as she gave me this “Of all the places” look and said, “Adventure Luv, adventure.”

Good thing we brought some cash, rental for an umbrella with two chairs was $25 bucks. I thought it was a bit expensive but we had no choice. It’s pay or get burned.

As soon as we set the umbrella, my son pulled my arm while shouting excitedly, “Let’s swim dad, let’s swim.”

I didn’t expect the waves to be so rough and the water icy cold. The first wave that hit my back made me scream, “Awww!” My son seemed to be having the best time of his life. He greeted each wave with the enthusiasm and courage of a surfer. Speaking of surfers, they were everywhere, taking advantage of the big waves that day. I had to stand close to my son making sure he doesn’t get hit by one.

We found a dead crab. My son was hoping it will still return to life. He placed it inside an empty plastic bottle, placed some sand and saltwater and showed it to his mom.

After almost 4 hours of swimming, I told my wife, “I’m tired and hungry. Let’s check the restaurants at the Pier.” My wife jumped from her chair and said, “Let’s go!” As I followed my wife, I heard my stomach “growl.”

We decided to have a late lunch at Marlin’s Bar and Grill. It gave us the best view of the beach and the Pier. It also gives you a free entrance to the Tiki Bar where you can enjoy a tequila while fishing.

Before entering the restaurant, Mr. explorer had to survey the beach.

The beach was busy with all kinds of activities from playing volleyball to Sun bathing.

This was one of my favorite activities…eating. I ordered Blue Cheese Burger and fries while my wife ordered Chicken Caesar Salad. Obviously, I’m the one who was more hungry. My son shared my meal which to my surprise still had a few left over afterwards.

While enjoying an “all you can drink” coffee, we saw several surfers riding their waves.

Time to head for the Tiki Bar. On the way out, I spotted this dude doing a 360 degrees flip. He did it a few times.

Somersault by the beach. Amazing!

There were several people fishing. My son can’t help his curiosity and started to talk to one of the kids. He asked one of the boys, “Did you catch a fish? Did you catch a shark?”

A lady approached him and said, “Would you like to see the fish that I caught? It’s a Croaker.” My son opened the cooler and looked at the fish. The lady picked up the fish and said, “Here, hold the fish while your dad take’s your picture.” My son made several facial expressions and this one was my favorite. After taking his picture, I told him, “Say, thank you to the lady.” He hid behind my leg and what sounded like a whisper he said, “Thank you.” The lady smiled and replied, “You’re welcome.”

Summertime is all about making the best and happiest memories, creating experiences that our family will cherish throughout the years. As we head towards our car, I looked back at the beach, then I caught my son balancing on a log also staring at the beach. I told myself quietly, “This is one Summertime blast I won’t forget.”

Today’s Weekly Images of Life is all about our unforgettable Summertime Blast.

Thank you once again for sharing your day with me. May this post inspire you to embrace and see the beautiful images around you.

Today, get to know these amazing blogger friends.

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget. Have a great time making Summer memories.

All images taken using an iPhone 4 camera with Camera + App. My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories you make in this lifetime.

This entry was posted in Summer, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

107 Responses to Summertime Blast At Cocoa Beach

1. bulldogsturf says:

A wonderful blog of absolute enjoyment…

2. cobbies69 says:

Brill collection and posting as usual full of enjoyment..;)

3. Paula says:

I enjoyed reading this post very much… the only thing I am a bit suspicious about is that burger… it looks a bit overdone ;)

I can’t believe we are heading for fall already… great photos! :-)

5. harpersfarm says:

Excellent story along with wonderful photos. Summer always go by too fast…

Fun photos :-)

7. scrapydo says:

Lovely adventure. Thanks for sharing

8. Wow! You all seemed to really enjoy that adventure. I hope I can dig one up. :-)

• That is one awesome blast that is hard to beat. Indeed the Thunderbirds raced and conquered in the most spectacular way across the clear August skies. I would love to see something like this in person. I bet my son would be thrilled as well. What a unforgettable by the beach at Atlantic City. A well celebrated Summertime Blast! Thanks for sharing. Have a beautiful weekend.

9. Looks like you all had a great time and the beach looks so inviting!

10. rommel says:

Always loving the son-father bonding, interaction and family time in your posts. I trlu love it. Hope you continue more, even if just in regular day to day basis.

You have really experienced a blast of a summer so far. Here is my entry this week: http://wp.me/p23TG1-1bI

• Thank you my friend. A toast to you and our generous blogger friends who made each journey amazing and full of festive inspiration. Your travels, the images you captured, the people you meet, the history of each place…just rich and beautiful. It’s a joy to share a toast with you with each post. Take care.

12. It’s hard to believe the summer is almost over. I consider
    the first day of school the end of summer. BUT – tha okay.
    The fall months bring other joys.
    Blessings,
    Isadora

13. Judy says:

Hey IT! I love your Summertime Blast story and photos! It makes me smile to see such fun going on! You really DID have a blast! Here’s mine: http://jayjaysfavorites.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/weekly-image-of-life-summertime-blast-zion-national-park/

• Thanks Judy for sharing a magical moment at the Zion National Park. The river, the trail the breathtaking sunset…every step of this trip, with the joys and laughter , with the bond and the memories…indeed it’s a Summer Blast well celebrated and remembered. We are blessed to have been a part of it. I’m with your when you wrote, ” Rockin’ good summertime blast at Zion National Park! ” Your post rocks!

14. LubbyGirl says:

what a great story. love the photos – we’re preparing for our end of summer vacation, so Lord willing, we’ll get some good shots too.

15. Wow! you really had fun! great photos! here’s my entry for summer blast http://citylifepicture.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/weekly-image-of-life-summer-blast/
    I was lucky enough to spend some wonderful days in Istanbul with orphans from 14 different countries.

• My friend, you have a good and generous heart. The smiles and joys on the orphan’s faces are priceless. This is what having a “Summertime Blast’ is all about . Beautiful, fun, exciting, festive! Have a blessed day. Thank you for sharing your world with us. There is joy in giving without expecting anything in return. You gave these orphans a wonderful memory they would always remember.

16. Gilly Gee says:

I’m always thrilled to read your posts, you have such a unique voice :-)

17. Lisa at fLVE says:

What an amazing day at the beach! :) Really fun and great memories to treasure forever.

18. What a wonderful an relaxing trip! Great pics! I love the one of your son on the way to lunch!

• Thanks. It’s always good to see him so excited. Instead of walking, he kind of hops with brisk walking. The thing about kids is that when they are happy, even the way they walk shows what they feel. He had a great time that day.

19. Gen says:

Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos.
    I need a vacation!

20. espirational says:

Loved reading about your trip.

21. Wonderful beach, home of the small wave championships for surfing! I graduated from high school there when my dad worked at the Cape and before we came here to Johnson Spaceflight Center. Did you squeeze in a visit to Ron Jon’s surf shop?

• Oh, no. I missed the Ron Jon’s surf shop. If I’ve known , I should have asked for tips from you. You are blessed to have visited these places. I’m hoping to go back next year and this time spend more time visiting the different beaches and learn about the town and its people. Thanks Georgette.

22. I think it was cool that the woman let your son get his picture taken with her fish. All of the photos are great.

Great trip and fun way to have one last summer blast for the season! Great photos! I like Cocoa Beach. I stayed there many years ago when I was working in Florida at Kennedy Space Center for a couple of weeks.

• Oh, wow. You got to stay there? That is beautiful. I miss being close to the sea. I grew up close to it and I guess no matter where you go, you can’t change who you are.

24. amira says:

looks like you are having a fantastic summer blast :)

25. MD Photography says:

I love the beach vibe in these pictures. Your sons moment with the dead crab was touching also!

26. munchow says:

Isn’t those moments where you venture into unknown territory often the best? How nice for the family that you all took a change and went to Cocoa beach. I am not well acquainted with the beaches of Florida, but this sounds to be a terrific choice. As always it was a pleasure reading your post, and as always the photos are great. My favourite picture is your boy sitting on the barstool and watching the beach. Lovely!

• Thanks Munchow. He is my little explorer. Always curious. Because of him, I get to discover places that I didn’t know exist. I agree, venturing into unknown territory often is the best and exciting. And a navigator helps a lot too.

27. Arindam says:

Bro, not only your pictures but also your words, always stay in our hearts. You are a wonderful loving and honest person, your words always comes straight from your heart and reach to ours. I love how you interpretated your son with the fish and how your wife lead all of you on your way for lunch. It just show you people are connected with a strong bond. Love this post. Have a great time. I hope your son must be little worried, thinking now it’s time to go school again, as holidays are over. :)

• Thanks Bro. Well, I try my best but I am not perfect , so is my family . We have our shortcomings and imprefections but we try to work it out and be there for each other. I just wish I can make as much happy memories for them, with them.

28. mommasylvia says:

I love the beach! Especially ocean beaches. We sent some time at a NJ beach this summer! My special needs daughter loves her lake beach the best. She shedules her days of summer by the merry-go-round opportunities that await her. She knows when she goes on a merry-go-round at a certain fair that it is her last one and that summer is over!

• Looks like you had a wonderful Summer with your daughter. My son loves the merry-go-round too. It’s also a safe ride as compared to the roller coasters. Thanks for sharing. I wish you and your family a great weekend.

29. Sartenada says:

Lovely photos. I felt that I was there thru Your photos.

30. indiGo says:

Sure, you had so much fun with the heat of the sun. I enjoyed the Tiki Bar and the fish. It brings joy to my heart seeing little boys and girls hiding behind their parents with a very shy “thank you”. So cute. Thank you for this theme, it made me realize how I miss summer so much.
    Here’s my entry http://freezeindigo27.wordpress.com/2012/08/17/weekly-image-of-life-summertime-blast/

• A well celebrated Summer indeed. You captured the essence of this season. It’s magic, the fun, laughter, and discovery, the happiness and the bond between family and friends. Everything just lit up like a spectacular fireworks. I agree, “what is summer without water, beach, the sand, the ocean, the sea and water sports.” And may I add, “what is Summer without having a happy memory with the people we love.” Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing a blast to remember.

31. Donna says:

Thanks for checking out my new blog site. It was encouraging to know you appreciated what you read. You and your family seem very blessed. Love your photos!

32. Pingback: WEEKLY IMAGE OF LIFE: SUMMERTIME BLAST « Dear Bliary

33. sandraconner says:

This post is delightful. I enjoyed it so much. And it reminds me very much of a summer vacation that my family and I took when I was just about your son’s age — to Charleston, South Carolina, on the Atlantic Coast. It was one of the great treasures of my life, and I have always remembered it with great happiness. The photo of you and your son leaning over the railing at the end of your day, looking out on the ocean, is almost the exact replica of one of my experiences on that trip. I stood for quite a while, with my mother, at the railing (metal instead of wooden, but it makes no difference) and looked out at the vast ocean. It captured my imagination the way nothing else had in my few years on this earth up to that time. You are right: you AND your son will treasure this trip for the rest of your lives. Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks Sandra. I can totally relate with your unforgettable family trip at Charleston, South Carolina. They are memories of family vacations that are truly filled with happiness and beautiful images such the moment that you stood with your mother at the railing, capturing every second of the moment in your heart. These memories keeps us smiling and inspired everyday. Yes, we will always treasure this trip…

34. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Summertime Blast « Canadiantravelbugs's Blog

35. We went to Coca Beach a few years back and we really enjoyed it. I don’t remember the chair rentals… that is crazy! We also went to another Coco Beach in the Philippines which was VERY different. Both had sun, surf and sand so all was good.
    Here is my summer blast, more like a summer fizzle since we wanted something low key and relaxing this summer ;)

36. How I wish I could just stare at this view of the beach and the sea forever . The image reminded me of paradise, a paradise that we all hoped to have in our mind and heart. This sounded like me as well when you wrote, “How I wish I was still at home or lounging on a beach chair as the pressures of everyday come flooding back all at once.” I’m still thankful that even for a brief time, I was able to find my version of inner paradise. A paradise of calmness., peace, love and happiness. Breathtaking photo my friend. Thanks for taking us to this amazing place…

37. Pingback: Delhi to Dharamshala: Summertime Blast | perceptionsofareluctanthomemaker

• What an amazing adventure. Dharamshala is a beautiful fusion of the rich culture and traditions of the past and the bright , optimistic joys of the present. Your boys will always remember this exciting trip for the years to come. Beautiful images. Truly a Summer blast your family will always cherish. Thanks for sharing these. Best wishes.

38. jakesprinter says:

Great Summertime Activities my friend excellent post :)

39. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Summertime Blast « Zeebra Designs & Destinations

40. Although I had no summer vacation to share, I think this will pass inspection!

You outdid yourself on this post! Great job! Z

• Thanks Z. Congratulations not just for creating a Summertime blast on these three different museums and places, making friends and creating beautiful memories but most of all , sharing your inspiring, vibrant work to the world. The smiles on the children faces are priceless. So true, “exhibiting in three museums provided a blast of memories and much, much more. Thank you my friend.A joyful post well celebrated!

41. Vanessa T. says:

Completely amazing shots. Have an awesome summer! :DD

42. Ron says:

Love all the pics like going to the beach for the day when you haven`t ! Thanks Island Traveler, all the warmth and heat of the beach excursion, will make great memories for the cold of winter, Little boys like to make sure that they are not going to waste a minute during the day !

Blessings
    Ron

• Thanks Ron. You are right, little boys will play down to the last minute. My son won’t stop swimming until I finaly had to call it. And guess what? After I told him to stop, he said, “I’m so tired, can you carry me?” But I love him like crazy so I did carry him for just a few walks. He’s getting heavy and walking on the sand is no joke. God bless you and Anne.

43. Pingback: Merging Of The Elements | this man's journey

This looks like a great day during summer holidays. Again you took so many beautiful photos to remember the day by. Thank you very much for sharing!

45. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Summertime Blast « Life of a Minister Mom

46. lifeofministermom says:

What an incredible way to end the summer!! As always, your photos are phenomenal, and you’ve given me the confidence to do some vacation storytelling as well!! Here’s my contribution. :)

• Thank you for sharing a post warms the heart in the most beautiful and happy way. I remember the first time me and my family went to Universal Studious. It was a very exciting and joyful moment. My son can no longer remember the details of the trip but everytime I look at the pictures, I see a very happy kid having an awesome time. And yes, I felt like a kid too myself. Thanks for sharing a unforgettable trip with us. Trio with a wonderful smile! God bless!

47. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Summertime Blast « Comments from Cathy

48. Cathy G says:

Thanks for a great theme – here’s my entry!

• Thanks Cathy. Your aunt Esther is beautiful with a radiant smile. Wow, your dad has some super strength, thats two people on his shoulders. Looks like one perfect, happy day. I truly enjoy pictures of the past. So much to learn from and it helps us get to know our family more and how they were when they were younger. This is so true when we are close to the beach, “There’s something about the atmosphere, the waves and the sun that can bring out the playfulness in all of us! ” Your post gave a glowing sunshine to all of us today. Best wishes to you and your family.

49. Sabina Brave says:

Your posts are always very inspiring :)
    Have a wonderful day IT. :)

:D What a great sunny day! Your son is so cute in the picture! :D

51. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Passion | this man's journey

52. Sartenada says:

How wonderful day You had! it was a real photo adventure for me.

53. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Love And Family | this man's journey

54. hi there,
    great capture of a beautiful summer time with your family.
    summer’s been gone for quite awhile in this part of the world and we have been drenched with so much rain lately, that, i am missing the season of sun and dry. i would like to share one instance last summer in april, when i had a moment of pure bliss … http://alwaysbobswife.wordpress.com/2012/08/31/weekly-image-of-life-summertime-blast/

i guess, you are at the end of your summer, and into the threshold of my favorite time of the year … have a great day with your family and i hope you don’t me submitting a very delayed entry to your weekly challenge. thank you :)

• A Summertime blast that celebrates God creation around us. A testament of a heart inspired by her faith and her love for God. Each beautiful image is followed by an inspiring thought that made me smile with you. And yes, “In God’s love, I bloom …” We all bloom because of his love. Thank for sharing your wonderful post. God bless you and your family.

55. Pingback: When The Heat is On, It’s Summertime and It’s Beautiful | Stories of My Wandering Feet (& Mind)