Capture The Colour
A generous and talented blogger friend FirstandFabulous nominated me to join a fun challenge with a thrilling twist. I have less than two days before the end of the competition. August 29, 2012 to be exact. Now that is a “challenge” of time, creativity and ingenuity. A very good blogger friend Jo of RestlessJo also invited me to join several days ago.
The title of the challenge is CAPTURE THE COLOUR , a post about the 5 colors of red, white, blue, green and yellow. Colors of the places you have travelled. Since I’m not a frequent global traveler, I will post images that is personal to me. Images that gave colors to my world and to my heart.
Capture The Colour is sponsored by TravelSupermarket.com. Win or lose, just getting to know the amazing bloggers and their spectacular images is a priceless price in itself.
My five unforgettable colors and their story are:
Lady in red.
Galveston Island holds a lot of beautiful memories for my family. Last year, just after Sunrise, my family walked along its seawall admiring the serene seascape. More breathtaking at that very moment was my wife, sitting on a bench wearing a red dress. Her face captured the radiant glow of the Sun.
The blue waters of Dolphin Cove.
Summer of 2011, was adventure time at Discovery Cove at Sea World, San Antonio, Texas. As the bottlenose dolphin jumped into the air and made a huge splash, so did our over joyed heart filled with excitement.
The green Springs of San Marcos, Texas.
As if going back in time, the Aquarena Springs in San Marcos was once considered the Disney Land of Texas. Till today, its charms never fails to captivate its visitors. The glass-bottom boat ride gave us a glimpse of the amazing life underneath its waters. I got excited when I saw several Cichlids swimming under the boat.
The boy in orange T-shirt.
Happiness comes in many forms. My version of happiness is being close to the sea with the people I love. This Summer, fate led us to Cocoa Beach in Florida. As he jumped to greet the waves, my son shouted, “Dad, this is the best beach ever!” To him, every beach we visited is the best. It’s his way of saying, ” I am so happy!”
The yellow sunrise.
There are moments that you simply can’t forget. Moments that seemed to have frozen time and took your breath away. This moment for me was when I watched the sunrise by the sea with my son at Galveston Island. It was our first and I sure hope that there will be more in the years to come.
The white sands of Clearwater, Florida.
Self discovery and finding serenity no matter how short the time, is a rare and wonderful moment that quenches one’s soul from all its longings. One such event for me was walking the fine, white sands of Clearwater Beach at 06:00 in the morning. Waiting for the Sun to rise and start the day, I just sat close to the pier’s deck quiet, listening to the music of the waves, the wind, the seagulls and beating of my heart. I found peace and it was beautiful.
My five nominees are:
Francine of Francine in Retirement
Lisa or Z of Zeebra Designs and Destinations
Judy of jayjaysfavorites
CanadianTravelBugs at CanadianTravelBugs’s Blog
Cathy from Comments From Cathy
I invite as well all my blogger friends to check it out and join if time permits.
Here are the basic rules:
1. Publish a Capture the Colour post on your blog that shows all 5 colours .Within your post, mention the competition page http://www.travelsupermarket.com/c/holidays/capture-the-colour/so that readers will know what Capture the Colour is all about.
2. Nominate 5 fellow bloggers to take part in Capture the Colour at the end of your post and notify them via Twitter or Facebook.
3. By 29th August 2012, let the organizer of the competition know that you’ve entered either by:
Linking to your blog post on your Facebook wall mentioning Capture the Colour and tagging the TravelSupermarket.com Facebook page or…
- Linking to your post via Twitter including @travelsupermkt and #capturethecolour in your tweet or…
– Not got a Facebook or Twitter account? Email your entry to email@example.com, including your name, email address and phone number.
For more details of the rules, please visit TravelSupermarket.com
Thank you for sharing your day with me. May this post made you appreciate more the beauty and colors of everything around you. I hope you have fun joining the challenge as much as I did.
My apology to the nominees for the very short time frame before the deadline ends.
- Capture the Colour (tsinelasnirotchie.wordpress.com)
- capture the colour (nprimopiano.wordpress.com)
- Capture the Colour.. (autumninbruges.wordpress.com)
- Capture the Colour (adventuresweseek.com)
- Capture the Colour (the-travelbunny.com)
- Capture the Colour (restlessjo.wordpress.com)
- Capture The Colour (angelinem.wordpress.com)
- The World in Five Colours (thewanderlustgene.wordpress.com)
- Five Colours (lynneayersbeyondthebrush.wordpress.com)