Capture The Colour

Capture The Colour

A generous and talented blogger friend FirstandFabulous nominated me to join a fun challenge with a thrilling twist. I have less than two days before the end of the competition.  August 29, 2012 to be exact. Now that is a “challenge” of time, creativity and ingenuity. A very good blogger friend Jo of RestlessJo also invited me to join several days ago.

The title of the challenge is CAPTURE THE COLOUR , a post about the 5 colors of red, white, blue, green and yellow. Colors of the places you have travelled. Since I’m not a frequent global traveler, I will post images that is personal to me. Images that gave colors to my world and to my heart.

Capture The Colour is sponsored by TravelSupermarket.com. Win or lose, just getting to know the amazing bloggers and their spectacular images is a priceless price in itself.

My five unforgettable colors and their story are:

Lady in red.

Galveston Island holds a lot of beautiful memories for my family. Last year, just after Sunrise, my family walked along its seawall admiring the serene seascape. More breathtaking at that very moment was my wife, sitting on a bench wearing a red dress. Her face captured the radiant glow of the Sun.

The blue waters of Dolphin Cove.

Summer of 2011, was adventure time at Discovery Cove at Sea World, San Antonio, Texas. As the bottlenose dolphin jumped into the air and made a huge splash, so did our over joyed heart filled with excitement.

The green Springs of San Marcos, Texas.

As if going back in time, the Aquarena Springs in San Marcos was once considered the Disney Land of Texas. Till today, its charms never fails to captivate its visitors. The glass-bottom boat ride gave us a glimpse of the amazing life underneath its waters. I got excited when I saw several Cichlids swimming under the boat.

The boy in orange T-shirt.

Happiness comes in many forms. My version of happiness is being close to the sea with the people I love. This Summer, fate led us to Cocoa Beach in Florida. As he jumped to greet the waves, my son shouted, “Dad, this is the best beach ever!” To him, every beach we visited is the best. It’s his way of saying, ” I am so happy!”

The yellow sunrise.

There are moments that you simply can’t forget. Moments that seemed to have frozen time and took your breath away. This moment for me was when I watched the sunrise by the sea with my son at Galveston Island. It was our first and I sure hope that there will be more in the years to come.

The white sands of Clearwater, Florida.

Self discovery and finding serenity no matter how short the time, is a rare and wonderful moment that quenches one’s soul from all its longings. One such event for me was walking the fine, white sands of Clearwater Beach at 06:00 in the morning. Waiting for the Sun to rise and start the day, I just sat close to the pier’s deck quiet, listening to the music of the waves, the wind, the seagulls and beating of my heart. I found peace and it was beautiful.

My five nominees are:

Francine of Francine in Retirement

Lisa or Z of Zeebra Designs and Destinations

Judy of  jayjaysfavorites

CanadianTravelBugs at CanadianTravelBugs’s Blog

Cathy from Comments From Cathy

I invite as well all my blogger friends to check it out and join if time permits.

Here are the basic rules:

1. Publish a Capture the Colour post on your blog that shows all 5 colours .Within your post, mention the competition page http://www.travelsupermarket.com/c/holidays/capture-the-colour/so that readers will know what Capture the Colour is all about.

2. Nominate 5 fellow bloggers to take part in Capture the Colour at the end of your post and notify them via Twitter or Facebook.

3. By 29th August 2012, let the organizer of the competition  know that you’ve entered  either by:

Linking to your blog post on your Facebook wall mentioning Capture the Colour and tagging the TravelSupermarket.com Facebook page or…
- Linking to your post via Twitter including @travelsupermkt and #capturethecolour in your tweet or…
– Not got a Facebook or Twitter account? Email your entry to capturethecolour@travelsupermarket.com, including your name, email address and phone number.

For more details of the rules, please visit TravelSupermarket.com

Thank you for sharing your day with me. May this post made you appreciate more the beauty and colors of everything around you. I hope you have fun joining the challenge as much as I did.

My apology to the nominees for the very short time frame before the deadline ends.

This entry was posted in photography, Post A Week, Travels and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to Capture The Colour

1. nuvofelt says:

Beautiful entries. Thanks for sharing

2. Amazing photos as always my friend! :)

3. Sabina Brave says:

I like “your” colors IT. :)

All gorgeous IT. The red and blue are my favourites :-)

I love all of your beautiful entries. Had many problems with wordpress so can’t enter at this time. I am still trying to catch up. Thank you so much for thinking of me.

Great entries. I love that amazing sunset. Good luck with the competition.

7. scrapydo says:

Wow, you did a wonderful job with your colors.

8. Coco Beach!!! That’s very close to us here in Vero Beach! We were up there last weekend!
    All of your color entries are fantastic! You take such wonderful photos, I can’t even pick a favorite because all of these are sooooo good!!!

• Thanks my friend. Vero beach is beautiful…all the beaches in that area reminds me of my dream paradise. Perhaps one day I will move to Florida with my family. I hope everything is well with you and your family after the recent hurricane/storm.

9. cobbies69 says:

We have been to Sea World Orlando and is our favourite of ,, lovely collection of colors…;)

10. I think I like the first most; that red in contrast with the back ground, lit by the early-morning sun, which also makes for strong shadows, makes a nice composition. great post, thanks and good luck! z

Your posts are always true to yourself and to your life, and I love this one as much as all the others. I remember your son’s excitement at those dolphins, and your beautiful wife. The sunset and those emerald waters are my favourites. Thank you for including me.

Great photos for your entry! Fun contest, isn’t it? Much luck!!

13. I knew you’d get it done! Great job. The beach, the dress, all of it. It’s wonderful. Good luck, Mr. B.

• Thanks for the invite. My next goal is to check as much entries as I can. I was really impressed with the judges sample pictures. I was like, “Wow! Are this for real?” Amazing work!

14. Pingback: Travel: Capture The Colors In Five Takes… | Mirth and Motivation

15. mariannegv says:

Lovely photos. You always move me with your lovely stories about the photographs.

• Thanks. Our lives are a never ending source of emotions, both good and bad, sad or joyful, fun or just plain “extraordinary!” It took me awhile to share that painful, sad parts of my life. I wasn’t sure if readers will relate but after my first share of heartaches, I found another family…the blogging world family!

16. rommel says:

Glad you got nominated for this one, IT.
    The Disneyland of Texas sounds very interesting. Do you have blog post of it? I want to go back to Texas but doesn’t really have any travel destination in particular.

17. Patti Kuche says:

Your colours are so vibrant and full of sunshine, except the final one with those lovely dramatic clouds over the white sands, all beautiful!

18. autumninbruges says:

Lovely shots! Thanks for the pingback :)

19. Wonderful photographs. And what a fun challenge :)

Beautiful photos! They represent the color challenge very well.

21. Judy says:

Wow, amazing photos…and perfect for the challenge! Thank you for nominating me, IT! What a lovely honor! I’m very excited about the challenge, but I’m a bit confused with the directions for contacting people. I’ll take it one step at a time! Thanks again!

• Judy says:

Ok! I reread the rules….understanding it better now. I’m off to search for colors FAST! ;)

• Thanks Judy. I’m excited to see your entry. I just tweeted my invite to each of my nominees and with the organizer of the competition. I wasn’t sure as well but I did it based on my interpretation of the rules. Good luck my friend!

• Judy says:

wow…thanks IT. I appreciate that. I couldn’t figure out how to #tag my entry in FB & Twitter, so I didn’t know if that would hold me back! I appreciate you letting them know!

I enjoyed your entry but I don’t recall … orange? :lol: Best wishes to you and to all.

23. Nice entries representing each color. Well done …!!!!

24. thirdeyemom says:

Beautiful entry! I did this contrast awhile ago and loved it. But I love to see what other bloggers are entering even more!

25. Gilly Gee says:

Lovely as always, difficult to choose a favourite but i like the Aquarena springs because its new to me.

26. Valentina says:

I like the sunset.

As always I love your pictures. I especially enjoyed the green and yellow. Great pics for great travels.

28. Thanks. Yes, the green waters was crystal clear and you can even see the source of the spring water, bubbling at the sand bottom.

29. Great shots! I can see this particular pop of colour that makes them special in each of them :)

30. Pingback: Capture the Colour: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow & White « Canadiantravelbugs's Blog

31. Nice pictures… thanks again for the nomination. I didn’t look at the fine print and I missed the deadline. I had the post complete before I noticed that important tid-bit. Oh well….

32. Michel says: