Weekly Photo Challenge: Urban

My Urban Dream

I am not much of a big city guy. Gigantic skyscrapers, crowded streets, crazy traffic and hectic, modern lifestyle scares me but if I’m to make my own “Urban Dream,” then I will choose a smaller city with a laid-back lifestyle. A city where people are warm, friendly, hospitable, happier in just about anything.

An ideal city where at one side have the basic amenities like air-conditioned rooms, a comfortable bed, a coffee maker and yes, unlimited internet access. On its other side, is the sea, where in the afternoon, after work, I can just chill with friends and family, watch the sunset, have unrestrained laughter and simply enjoy life the way it is meant to be.

Then during my off days, I can take my family for a picnic at the beach, just to unwind and enjoy the sea breeze. We would relax under an umbrella, my son playing on the sand while me and my wife share our future hope and dreams while staring at the seemingly endless blue waters.

Lastly, I can witness a soothing, serene and blissful Sunrise everyday before the rest of the World wakes up. This is my “Urban Dream,” and I know one day, destiny will lead me to it. Of course, I do have to work hard making sure it does happen.

Making a beautiful dream is free. So I made one today. What’s your “Urban Dream?”

This entry was posted in photography, Summer Adventures, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

62 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Urban

1. I wish you crystal clear blue waters, wherever you go. There, I know you will be happy.

2. lulu says:

I’m there in a small Maine town that has what you wish for except for the air conditioning. Until you find your dream, enjoy where you are.

Beautiful shots as always. Indeed, making dream is free and creative. :)

4. cobbies69 says:

I do love these pictures just want to be there.. lovely share.. ;)

5. semprevento says:

…ciao sweet !!!
    vento

I hope your “urban dream’ comes true for you and your family. “Endless blue waters’ sounds really good to me. :)

7. Thanks for sharing your city with us. Hey, how do I find out/get on board with the weekly photo challenge???? I’m fairly new to WP and am a photographer. I would love to add this to my site.
    thanks!

• Hi, Darla. Thank you. To join the weekly photo challenge for WordPress, Go to the Daily post, copy and paste the logo, then subscribe to them. Every Friday, a new theme is made. Make a post about it, copy and paste your link to their main comment area. I hope that helps. Also you can join the other photo challenges like weekly image of life, travel theme and Sunday post. Have fun and good luck!

8. Beautiful Post! For sure, your destiny will deliver you and your family to that dream!

Lovely post; working to make our dreams come true makes the work just a little easier…..your son sure is getting big! Thanks for the pingback!

• He is getting big and getting more challenging. He is trying to be his own boss now. Sometimes he would joke around and tell me, “I command you dad.” Ha, ha, ha. Kids can’t live without them. Thanks Angeline.

10. Excellent! Bravo. :-)

Love your dream :-)

I hope your dream comes true. I think it will happen for you :)

13. Like you, I prefer a small town. I am from the Seattle area, but live in a little pioneer town outside of Seattle. It’s fun to visit, but I like going home to my house and garden. I love the picture of your son looking out the window. It captures so much emotion–excitement, curiosity, or even a little boy looking out the window at all the possibilities of life, perhaps his own urban dream.

• Love this one, “It captures so much emotion–excitement, curiosity, or even a little boy looking out the window at all the possibilities of life, perhaps his own urban dream.” When we see places like this outside our window, we becomes like little children, all excited and happy that we are going to a place of happiness, wonder, fun, beauty and adventure. Thanks Naomi.

14. amira says:

nice urban dream :)
    our city here is surrounded by the ocean – from the middle of the city it will take only abt 10 minutes to reach the ocean.
    the land is crowded with skyscrapers and yes quite a lot of airconditioners on :)

15. Colline says:

I definitely prefer your urban dream to the reality. I think what would be better is a large town as opposed to a city – a town with all the amenities but people who are friendlier and more helpful than those in a large city.

16. Patti Kuche says:

Looks good to me IT!

We’re dreaming the same dream.

18. Sabina Brave says:

I don’t like big cities too. I can’t breath there. But with right people beside every place looks better. :)

19. scrapydo says:

I am also not a city person but sometimes I enjoy going and just have a day out there. That is more than enough. Beautiful photos.

Beautiful photos…and I, like you, am not much of a big city person. Visiting is fine. But I prefer more quiet time with nature.

21. tchistorygal says:

I love your attitude about life, so I have nominated you for a cute award, the “Super Sweet Award” The information about it will be on my website later this evening. Thanks for your inspiring love of your family. Marsha Lee.

22. Valentina says:

My urban dream has my own B&B, decorated in artsy style with things and objects made of pure fantasy. It must face the water with a huge vineyard in the back where I produce my own wine and champagne.

23. Hi Doc! Great post as always…:o)
    My city will always be New York and Manila….where cultures clash and are reborn to a kaleidoscope of colors!
    God bless you and the family…have a great week ahead!

@))–>>—–

24. cuhullen says:

It seems I’d like to live in your city too.

25. Cheryl says:

You ‘paint’ an idyllic urban scene with both words and images, Mr. B. Love it!

26. Your city sounds ideal – except, then it would be a suburb. hahaha …
    The photos are great.

27. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: {Urban} « lifebydmagdalene

haha…i have no urban dreams…thank you. ;)
    of course, your images with the beaches makes it tempting to go and check on the urban beaches. Thanks!

29. Judy says:

I love your dream. I could live in a dream like that too! I love my small, rural town. It’s close enough to big cities, but peaceful and charming on its own. The only thing missing is water! Hmmm….how can I solve that? A kiddie pool in the backyard for now? ;)
    I adore the photo of your son looking out. I went by it and had to go back. It’s a wonderful statement about children, grown ups and life in general. Daydreaming, pausing to think, watching and learning, taking it all in….
    It’s a lovely silhouette image, IT.

• Thanks Judy. There are so much to learn from a child’s perspective. Of how they embrace adventures with open mind and heart. That we can be happy with simple things like a trip to the beach or even enjoying a water fun in our own back yard , even if it’s inside a kiddie pool.

Gorgeous… Did I miss where these were taken? Love them. ;-)