Oops Moment

Oops, Orange Color Not Included

Oh, no! I just realized today that I had one extra color, which was orange in my entry for Capture The Colour contest. If not for Liz of Mirth and Motivation, I wouldn’t have known. So, I went back to the post and counted the images and it was 6 instead of 5. Looks like my son can count better than I do. Clearly a first grader is smarter than me. Embarrassing! My apology for the bloggers I nominated. I worked on it past midnight and my eyes were probably blurry and my brain, obviously tired. I guess that makes me disqualified? In a way, I already got my prize, “You” and every reader who enjoyed my entry. Thank you and once again, my apologies. Since I’m already into the orange color mode, might as well celebrate it with a bang!

Here’s a few of my orange laden memories…

Orange shirt with matching orange crocs at Galveston Seawall.

Orange crocs meets mother blue crab and her baby crab.

Orange T-Rex. He looks mad. Must be the intense heat of Summer.

Orange pumpkins and Halloween, a thrilling and fun combination.

Meet Jack-O-Lantern. We made it last Halloween of 2011. His smile reminds me that during my “Oops” moments, the best reaction is to smile and laugh. After all, smiling swells the heart and laughter is the best medicine there is.

Soon its Autumn and orange color will rule in the most beautiful and exciting way. Perhaps my “Oops” moment has a purpose after all. Can’t argue with destiny or is it my tired brain talking once again? I should be alert at 12:56 in the afternoon. Oh, well…

Related articles

This entry was posted in family, Life, photography, Post A Week, Travels and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Oops Moment

What great orange memories you have here. I love that T-Rex and the Halloween pumpkins, and actually, I love them all. :)

2. cobbies69 says:

fabulous oranges, and great pictures nice share.. ;)

Orange is one of my favourite colours! And these are a wonderful collection of oranges! The one of your son picking up the pumpkin is priceless :-)

These are great! You are not disqualified!! They are judging each color submitted seperately in addition to the overall entry with all the colors. So you can win for one or more colors!

5. You should win the ‘Making the best of it’ prize. You are too funny.
    Outstanding orange :-).

• Thanks. I got carried away. Sometimes crazy , hilarious stuff pops in my head. This time I didn’t use breaks and just wrote what comes into my mind. Laughter is a great medicine! Ha, ha, ha.

6. What a great series! Every one of these photographs made me smile!

7. love love love orange and all your pics, especially of the pumpkins and your son

8. Cafe says:

Wonderful selection of orange! It’s such a beautiful colour :)

I just thought that you liked that happy orange colour and had chosen to include it in your post. Why not? It’s your blog. Tell you what- go have an early night tonight. You’ve earned it.

What a beautiful orange! I’s a great joy.

11. bulldogsturf says:

Great orange share… man that’s one big crab..

you may have been late for whatever it was but you made a lovely explosion with your ORANGE

Orange is such a vibrant color. What’s not to like about it? Thank you. The crabs must have thought the orange crocs were some alien invasion or something from their vantage point.

14. Sartenada says:

Great orange photos to share.

15. Kate Kresse says:

great post and so appreciated today. As we approach September, my soul hungers for fall colors. I wanted to let you know I appreciate your blog. I am passing the Reader Appreciation Award to you today….I will publish the post about it later today. Here is the link: http://believeanyway.wordpress.com/2012/08/31/reader-appreciation-award-i-appreciate-you/

I doubt your adding the orange would disqualify you… But I thought you should know anyway; I know you’d do same for me. Chin up! Your entry is still valid I bet. :-)

You did a smashing great job, Island T. but take it easy on yourself…we need you here.
    Your orange colors are stunning especially the last photo…it is like the flames are really glowing!

• Thanks Sunshine. I was like, “whew! I’m glad it turned out okay.” As for the last picture, we placed a candle inside and turned off the lights. It was a fun Halloween!

• Sunshine says:

You should have the pumpkin photo enlarged and framed, actually, have you thought about selling your images? I bet you could…they are so beautiful.
        Well, have a wonderful week and thanks!

• Thanks Sunshine. I didn’t thought about that but oneday, one of my dreams is hold a photo/blog exhibit and raise funds for the poor or the sick. It’s a way for me to give back of all the blessings that I have in my life. Thanks.

18. 2e0mca says:

Love that first shot – A young man who is master of all he surveys :-)

19. Lisa at fLVE says:

I really like the color orange. Enjoy the photo with the orange croc and crabs and the one with your son in the pumpkin patch. Great photos.

20. Sabina Brave says:

I like orange too. It’s very energetic color. :)

21. dearrosie says:

I keep going back to look at the first picture. You captured something special….