Weekly Image Of Life: Love And Family

Love And Family

Yesterday morning, while carrying my son, I waved goodbye to my in-laws. My son hid his face on my chest trying not to look back while my wife was crying quietly beside me. She looked at me with sadness in her eyes but tried not to show it by laughing and making jokes. When I heard my in-laws say, “Goodbye,” for the last time, I was not able to hold back a few tears as well.

Family shares with us both our happiest and saddest moments. They make us believe that wishes do come true, that we can hope and reach for our dreams. They help us find ourselves when we feel lost. They share our journey, no matter how it goes or where it ends. Family make us see clearly who we really are like looking at our reflection on a water surface. And when we get scared of the reflection that we see, family help us face those fears and give us courage to change for the better.

Love is a powerful emotion that sustains us during our most difficult times. It gives us wings to fly and reach for our goals no matter how high and hard they may seem. And who else can give the perfect example of selfless, generous, enduring love than our families.

Today, we will pay tribute to the family who taught us what love is. The family who nurtured us lovingly from the day that we were born to the most recent stages of our life’s journey.

What Family Means To Me

Family makes me appreciate the most simplest of blessings. They help me celebrate life and all that it has to offer. When I’m around them, I am most happiest and ordinary days becomes extraordinary.

Food seems more delicious when shared with your family. This photo was taken at Burger Guys in Houston. Finally, I was able to join the group. Every time they go there I was always at work. Today was my lucky day. I had Sydney burger which was heavenly to the last bite. But the most unforgettable part of it all was being around family that me and my wife see only once a year. Being with them is the best treat of all.

Last Sunday, we had lunch at Gringo’s Tex-Mex Restaurant to celebrate my wife’s 36th Birthday. My wife asked me that morning, “Should we pass by the bakeshop so I have a cake for my Birthday?” I told her, “It’s okay, we’ll just order a cake from the restaurant menu.” She smiled and said, “That’s fine.” She didn’t know that we ordered her favorite White Chocolate Fruit Torte as a surprise Birthday cake at Rustika Cafe. Her surprised, happy facial expression was priceless when the waiter brought out the cake as we all sang “Happy Birthday to you.”

At the end of the celebration, my son and I went to the garden for several minutes. He was playing around the water fountain. He started picking up the flowers and made a flower bouquet. He showed me the flowers and said, “This is for mom.”

Family gives me a reason to smile and be happy. They help me experience adventures that I thought no longer exist or long forgotten. They help me see the world as a place of wonder, layered with tons of fun, excitement and possibilities. They help me experience for myself that kindness, generosity, forgiveness and love exist in world that sometimes can bruised you without mercy. They help me through each healing until every last bruise and cuts heal like they were never there.

This is one of my happiest moments. Close to the sea, sharing a beautiful day with my wife and son, waiting for the sunset to happen and create its magic. A time where my worries are washed away out into the sea and in its place reigns calmness, peace and joy.

We discovered a young Alligator under the deck of the food court at Lego land. As we raced excitedly to see it, I felt like I was once again a 6 year old boy exploring Nature, making discoveries for the first time.

Family can drive me crazy sometimes but at the end of the day, their gestures of affection melts my heart.

No family is perfect. We have our moments of storms, outburst, hurts, anger, frustration, weakness, even darkness. In all these moments our family is there to makes sure that we will come out victorious, with love, peace , joy and forgiveness in our hearts. That’s the gift of having a family that truly cares about you and me.

This afternoon, while making his school homework, my son went into a stormy tantrum. He wanted to play his iPhone games instead of finishing his assignments. I heard my wife getting frustrated because he wasn’t listening at all. I went out the room and told him to say sorry to his mom and finish his homework. He gave me a hard time at first. So our talk ended with a “time out” and taking away of his T.V., iPhone games and Lego privileges. I felt bad doing it but I had to stop the negative behavior before it goes out of hand. I had to explain to him why we had to correct him and why disrespect was wrong. I had to make sure he understands that we love him so much and we want him to grow up as a good and respectful person. Finally, he mellowed down and told me he was sorry. Then we went to the kitchen where my wife was. I asked him, “Go hug your mom and say sorry.” With head bowed down, he went to his mom and wrap his arms around her shoulders. He muttered a soft, “I’m sorry mom.”

Family makes you believe that there’s magic around us and that Tooth Fairies are real. My son went home from school today holding his first fallen baby tooth placed inside a treasure chest. He’s been waiting for it to fall off for the past few weeks.

Just before going to sleep, we played a bit with his Nerf toy. I forgot to include it in my “Hands-off” list. He was a total sweetheart. He was back to his usual lovable self. A complete turn around from his earlier behavior. Like calmness and peace after the storm. Just before going to bed, we reviewed his assignment. It was all about “Respect” and who should he respect. What a coincidence, right? We all learned respect in the most dramatic way that day and it was something that will stick in our memory for a long, long time. After praying and reading his favorite kid’s prayer-book, he kissed me good night. He also made sure that his first fallen baby tooth inside the treasure chest was safely tucked under his pillow. He told me, “I want to make sure the Tooth Fairy finds it.” I stayed with him for a while until he fell asleep. As I watched him go to sleep, I quietly told myself, “Now, it’s time to call the Tooth Fairy.”

Thank you once again for sharing your day with me. May this post inspire you to embrace and see the beautiful images around you. May you capture these images not only with your camera but with your heart.

Today, get to know these beautiful blogger friends and their wonderful entries. Their love for life and their families shines brightly with each post.

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget. Have a great time making wonderful memories.

All images taken from an iPhone 4 camera using Camera + App. My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories you make in this lifetime.

This entry was posted in family, Life, Love, photography, Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to Weekly Image Of Life: Love And Family

1. thirdeyemom says:

Beautiful and so fitting! I hope to do one of these challenges again soon! :)

2. rommel says:

A big OWWW! Happy Birthday to your wife!
    And look at your son, so ready to see the world and be curious.

Lots of upcoming posts from participants that are sure going to be inspiring such as (yours) you are.

You are a wonderful family unit! What a blessing.

4. Beautifully said, as usual. Fabulous photos of love and family. Thanks, IT.

5. Gobetween says:

Parting is always an emotional time, but look forward to the next get together.

• Thanks. I will do that. The longing gets less intense by the day and soon enough, the sadness will disappear…and yes, there’s the looking forward to the next family gathering.

Wonderful heart <3 moment…thanks again for sharing and happy belated birthday to your better half. :)

7. It is wonderful that you have been blessed with such a loving family.
    he birthday cake looks delicious. I am not surprised it is your wife’s
    favorite. A very thoughtful gesture to have gotten it for her.
    Beltaed Birthday Wishes to her.
    Blessings,
    Isadora

Tank you for your wonderful ‘family’ sharing story. Happy birthday to your dear wife. That cake looks so scrumptious. What a way to end a meal! ;) Family are so important, aren’t they. I treasure every moment we have together. Wishing you a very happy day.

9. bulldogsturf says:

What a lovely share of family love and togetherness… thank you…

10. Valentina says:

It feels so good to have a tight close family. Happy birthday to your wife. I bet the cake was a happy one.

• Thanks Valentina. I grew up in a closely knit family. So did my wife. I have to do so with my own family of three although the more extended the family is, the more fun it gets.

• Valentina says:

Enjoy them every moment of the day and as long as you can. My family is in Italy and I am in California, I know how sad it gets at times not having them around, but Skype has made the distance so much shorter.

11. Whar a beautiful post, as always! :) You have a lovely family my friend!

What a touching post. Family does drive me crazy … almost on a daily basis. But there’s always that moment during the day, after nap time, or right before bed time where they do something “a gesture of affection” to melt your heart. So true.

Great photos. The food shots make my mouth water! There are burgers and there ARE great burgers. Nothing like a good old burger executed very well with the best trappings.

Great family day to celebrate a wonderful occasion. Happy birthday to your loved one!

• I agree, there are Burgers that are hard to forget and you will always want to come back, even if it means driving for 30 minutes or so. Thanks. I will my wife how many generous blogger friends shared her special B-day!

14. nuvofelt says:

What a lovely post. It’s hard to be apart from those we love

15. omel07 says:

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Very heartwarming. I was emotionally touched with your words. I may not know the feeling of parting all too well, but I’ve had my shares. It is never easy. But you can always muster up the courage to fight through it. Your family will always be there to support you.

P.S.Happy birthday to your wife.

16. jakesprinter says:

Great work Bro. Thanks for sharing your inspirational photography as always :)

Happy Belated Birthday Mrs I T ….and what a scrumpy cake…just parcel it up and send it to me please…..yummy, yummy!

• Thanks Patrecia. Yes, the cake was yummy…white chocolate with glazed fruits! I wish I can send it to you but it melts the moment you take it out of the ref. Perhaps when you visit Houston. Take care!

18. The first image is powerful and precious all at once. It has a monochromatic texture, which helps to bring out the story.

19. starlight says:

love the story.. my favorite photo is flowers on water.. those ripples, nice! oh by the way, did the tooth fairy arrived? was the tooth replaced by a dollar under the pillow?

20. Lisaman says:

That white chocolate Torte looks simply divine!! I think it’s tea time…;-)

Beautiful post! And thank God I am not the only one drooling over that gorgeous cake :-D

22. Goodbyes are hard – I have a sister in England and one in Australia so I know that feeling only too well. Family is priceless. You are very blessed to have such a wonderful, warm and close family.

• Thanks Jacquie. I appreciate the thoughtfulness. I have a sister in Connecticut I have not seen for 5 years and up until last March, I have not seen my parents for 4 years. Seeing them is a priceless, precious occassion.

Your posts never fail to inspire. I’m sleepy now and checking out.

24. Gilly Gee says:

So very touching, his first tooth fairy visit! I’m sure you will see your in laws again before long :-)

• My wife already made an agreement with her parents to visit her next March of 2013. I’m hoping it does happen. My son had so much fun with them that he said, “I want to go with them to the Philippines!” I silently told myself, “Me too.” Thanks Gilly.

• Gracie is beautiful! Her smile just lights up in this post. Images like this reminds us why we celebrate our family’s love everyday. They complete us and gives us happiness beyond words. Wishing you and your family all the life’s wonderful blessings. Thanks for sharing.

• God works in mysterious,amazing ways and guess who’s blog he led me first today? The one and only…Freeedomborn! I am speachless after reading your heart-felt, faith filled generous, loving post. I wish I have a wider grasp and memory of God’s words in the Bible as much as you and Ron do. I grew up studying Christian faith from kindergarten to college but somehow adulthood took away those priceless continuing education. I always know that one day, my faith will knock on my door and say, “Hey, where you’d been? I missed you.” I thank God for not giving up on me. He reveals himself to me everyday through my friends, family to my blogger friends, even random strangers who will make gestures of kindness. I pray each day that I will be a good father and a good husband and everyday, I learn. But my best guide is our Father’s ultimate love and sacrifice for us. He is the way, the truth and the life….life eternal. Thank you for sharing all these. I am grateful and honored. I agree, “God’s Love and goodness is so great He too does not seek to hurt us in any way or cause us to suffer and have hardship or does He willingly allow it, He tolerates it not wanting anyone to perish but He knows we will have hardship and helps us when we do and makes all things work for good.” Blessings to you and Ron.

25. Pingback: Surfing the Blogs | Freedomborn…set free

Wonderful as always! ;-)

Lovely post and a beautiful tribute to love and families! Happy Birthday to your wife!

28. lifeofaministermom says:

Your son is very fortunate to have a father like you. Without the love of our family I can’t imagine where we’d be!! http://lifeofaministermom.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/weekly-image-of-life-love-and-family/

Many blessings to you!!
    Patricia

• The joy and love in your heart and your husband and daughter, glows and grows in these images. Family is indeed one of God’s greatest gifts to us. They are our reason for smiling and strength to go through life. Your post is a living proof that love and happiness is alive and that everyday for as long as there is breathe in us, we are given so many chances to celebrate and express them. Wishing you and your family God’s abundant blessings. Thank you.

29. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life – Love And Family | imexcited

30. Sabina Brave says:

Tooth Fairies exist :) The same like Elfs :) I met some ;)

31. john tugano says:

well bro, you really have this wonderful family…>3

It’s so wonderful that you teach your son about ‘”respect” and ‘responsibility (get the homework done)” in his early age. Thank you for sharing the sweet story, IT!