A Free Spirit To Soar

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit

Every man and woman seeks to break free from any form of bondage. May it be unhappiness, misery, a rigid suffocating life, pain, anguish, suffering, loneliness, never-ending debts, heartaches, frustration, inability to let go, sins and weaknesses, of being stuck in a drowning situation that everyday, we find ourselves gasping for air.

To break free from all these takes time and effort but in the end, it’s worth every ounce of sacrifice. To have an inner spirit that is totally free is worth any riches, power or prestige in this world.

What “Free Spirit” Means To Me

Taking a plunge and just going for my dreams. Dreams that I always had in my heart but long set aside because I followed the dreams others told me was better for me. Dreams that I hope will bring meaning , peace and happiness in my life and that of my family.

Running with absolute freedom with nothing to hold me back. Heading towards places of adventures and discovery. Places where I can just be myself with the people I love.

Being lost in a beautiful moment where my heart is just bursting with joy. A moment where time stops and all worries  drifts away. Moments that I hope and pray will last forever.

Finding solitude and peace. Having a state of mind where everything is calm that no stress or worldly concerns can ever stir. A heart at peace and content knowing all that he could ever want and long for is in front of him. A soul at rest, knowing he forgave and moved on as well as being forgiven for his past mistakes.

Finally, a “free spirit” to me is being able to soar above my human frailties and embrace the faith that I was born with. A faith that will guide me back towards a path of light and goodness.

Thank you for sharing your day with me. I hope you enjoyed my version of the Weekly Photo Challenge called Free Spirit. May this post inspire you to embrace the “free spirit” in you. A free spirit that will take you to places you always dreamed about and towards people your heart always yearned for.

Related Posts:

Weekly Photo Challenge: Merge… (eof737.wordpress.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge – Free Spirit (myphotoyear2012.wordpress.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (acemanonline.wordpress.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (joycannis.wordpress.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (nokeinthecloud.wordpress.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (ackans.wordpress.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (comingeast.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (marichulambino.wordpress.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (dailypost.wordpress.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit  (jayjaysfavorites.wordpress.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit  (carramedia.wordpress.com)

Last Thoughts: Free Spirit (The positivepage.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (gusgus64.wordpress.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (ahecticlife.wordpress.com)

Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (3rdculturechildren.com)

This entry was posted in Inspiration, Life, photography, Post A Week, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

97 Responses to A Free Spirit To Soar

A lovely, heart warming post as always :-)

What a great and positive post, as usual. Your writing and photos never cease to inspire me. Have a wonderful day. :)

3. scrapydo says:

This is so inspiring and beatiful. Thank you for sharing your feelings

4. bulldogsturf says:

A lovely post of your interpretation of a free spirit… love it… I’ve just commented on another post of the free spirit theme, that I am either of free spirit or an idiot… having given up my employment at the age that I am (sixties) to see if a computer program I developed that is being encode will look after me for the rest of my years… so far the interest from all over the world is encouraging.. and hopefully it will enable me to retire and follow my dreams of travel and photography… is that being of free spirit and faith … or an idiot..???

• My friend, that is the voice of a man with a great free spirit and faith…and a dream that will take places. I wish you all the best… I can already picture you travelling and making the most amazing photos.

5. Gilly Gee says:

I knew your photos for free spirit would be good!

You are a Spirit of Mystery…I would love to learn more about you earlier life..Any Chance?

• Hmm…to be honest, my earlier life was more exciting and filled with adventure. Back in those days, I don’t have much responsibilities and I go and explore where my curious feet takes me. Unfortunately, no digital images at that time and I was not into computer nor writing. Thanks.

7. Love the first shot!

8. gelaikuting says:

Great post and photos as usual. Have a great day :)

9. It is lovely how you get inspired from your family every time! All those lovely words and pictures make smile every time! :)

10. These words –
    Running with absolute freedom with nothing to hold me back –
    resonate flying like a free spirit. Encouraging words to add to the free spirited photos.
    Blessings ….

11. Patti Kuche says:

You capture your son’s free spirit so beautifully, that it may fly forever!

12. starlight says:

always a fan of your writing.. your words are like lyrics to a wonderful melody.. very nice post, i wish i could write as good as you.

We have to allow ourselves to be free from all our own biases and heartaches over what’s past. It’s hard to do but we need to have the courage to get beyond all the ugliness. It’s the only way for us to be free. Thank you for a great post.

14. cobbies69 says:

Beautiful set of pictures to interpret the theme… love them thanks for sharing..;)

15. Freedomborn says:

Hi island traveler, great moving pictures, thank you for sharing them, how blessed are you are, how blessed is your son.

To be set free we need to know the one who sets us free so we can soar, as a devoted Dad like Ron, I thought you might like to see the Power point I did for Fathers, there is a Letter for you in the sound Track, hope it gives you wings to fly.

Blog Post – http://freedomborn.wordpress.com/2012/09/02/our-fathers-love-letter/

Christian Love from both of us – Anne

16. jakesprinter says:

Great work Bro, your photography shines for this week theme Free Spirit ,Thanks for sharing :)

17. Cher says:

Great post for this week’s theme. I love the first and last shots!

18. Cher says:

Great post for this week’s theme. I love the first and last shots!

19. What more can be said than what everyone above has said?!!! great and beautiful post, and oh so very true! some of us are lucky to have that soaring free spirit, and hopefully others might follow that lead! you’re a great leader of smiling and positive spirits! z

20. Kate Kresse says:

wonderful and insightful description of the free spirits we are all created to be. thanks and have a fabulous day!

You are setting such a wonderful example and path for your son! We must work sometimes to free our spirits, but we can do it! Hope you’re having a restful and fun weekend.

22. Always a heartfelt commentary from you, and always a joy to read and view.

23. Frankwell says:

Love that shot of him jumping into the pool!

I think you’re well on your way to being that free spirit you describe. Love that leaping shot especially.

25. The Hook says:

Sorry I haven’t been around much lately, but my book, The Bellman Chronicles, will be FREE to download on Sept. 10 – 11! Check it out on my Amazon Kindle page.. You won’t be disappointed. And if you can slip me a review, I’d be forever grateful…

26. Finding solitude and peace. Ahhhhh, yes. Lovely post, Mr. B.

27. sandraconner says:

The pictures are amazing, and your words are truly inspired and anointed. They really encouraged me tonight. I pray that ALL of your dreams come true.

28. rommel says:

You always are encouraging and inspiring. It’s perfect that you feature your son’s free spirit. I think they are the epitome of geniune free spirit.

What a beautiful and loving way to express the free spirit! The last picture is very cool!

30. lifeofministermom says:

I love this post so much! All the pictures are lovely, but my favorite is the black and white one of your son preparing to fly into the water. While in college I was blessed with the opportunity to intern in Alaska. My dad (who passed away 2 and a half yrs.ago) came to visit me and he was asked how he felt about letting his daughter go so far away. His response was corny as was his nature, ;) but classic and one I’ll never forget. “We, as parents have done all we can to give our children wings. Now it’s time to let them fly!” I see you cultivating this very confidence and freedom (with fatherly wisdom of course) into your son. I desire to encourage my daughter in this way as well. I pray that her joy and love for life will never be hindered.
    God bless you and your family!
    Patricia

• Thanks Patricia. Always an inspiration to hear from you. Your great love for your God and family is always written and expressed beautifully in every post that you make. I truly enjoy your entry. The joy in your heart, your affection for your daughter and husband, a pure revelation of a wonderful soul. God bless you and your family.

31. Arindam says:

As always, very thoughtful bro! I could relate to each word. I too live my life like free birds. I do not much care what others think or say; what maters to me the most is what I enjoy and if my enjoyment is hurting someone else. If not, then why to worry! :) Have a great week bro!

32. danajoward says:

You have captured Free Spirit beautifully through words and pictures. I love your post! :)

33. Very nice, once again! :-)

34. aekshots says:

Very nice post…good shots.

35. Pingback: Weekly Photo Chalenge : Free Spirit « komuter jakarta raya

36. Tammy says:

Those photos perfectly captured free spirit!!

37. TheDeeZone says:

Love the first shot.

It is always a joy to read your thoughts…thank you!! ;)

I enjoyed your post on free spirit. You soared through your post and it was a joy to see and read.

40. Judy says:

I love your free spirit post! So Inspiring….beautiful….showing the love of your family….the love and pride you have for your son, and sharing stories about being a free spirit. You have such a way with words (I know I’ve said it before! But it bears repeating!) You know just the words to say to inspire us and to show the love you share with all of us. Your photos are marvelous as always. Your B&W images are fabulous. Nice post!

41. Wonderful combination of words and images! (and so glad to hear I am not the only one who is finding increasing queasiness with heights as I grow older!)

42. Oops, meant to put the prior comment on the previous post, as I was enjoying both of them!!

43. Thanks Judy. Sometimes, when I look at this pictures and remember how beautiful and happy the moment was, I am filled with great inspiration to be thankful and this is my way to thank God for all that he is given me. Sharing the good things in our lives is a way to be thankful for our blessings.

44. thirdeyemom says:

Gorgeous post as always and wow!!!! Look at all your likes! You are a gifted writer!

45. I can definitely feel the joy in the spirit of these photos. Thanks for enjoying my Free Spirit post and for following my blog. Glad I found another bright spot on the web here! :)

Beautiful words and photos… Let Freedom Reign!

BTW, the link you added on the DP page is broken… :-)

48. Sabina Brave says:

If we free our spirits, every miracle will be possible. :)