My Dream Day

My days are not always perfect. Just like anybody else, I get worn out. Life is pretty good in doing that but then that is just life in general. It does not make exceptions. It does not make excuses. Sooner or later, we have to join its constant twists and turns.

To jump with all freedom and excitement is exhilarating. For a second, it gave me a glimpse of what it feels to fly and just be one with the moment. This is what I hope my “dream days” will be. Thanks to my son and his adventurous spirit, I get to see those “dream days” one day at a time. Photo taken early Summer of 2012 using my every ready iPhone 4. Yes, just the basic 4 and not the much buzzed 5. Just as good my friends!

There are days that I am happy. There are days when I’m sad and crying from within. There are moments when every part of my body aches from physical exhaustion but I can’t afford to lay down and recuperate. But there are days that I’m blessed with all the time in the world. Just having a totally awesome day, joyful, at peace, no worries, no fear, no stress.

The gift of silence and just being one with Nature. A priceless event that can unfold any day for as long as we choose to seek it. Walking at Clearwater Beach, Florida at 06:30 in the morning was one of those gifts for me.

Under the walkway of Pier 60, Clearwater Florida. Summer of 2012.

It is a day I call “My Dream Day” where everything is just quiet, peaceful, bright and positive, full of warmth, love and happiness from the time I wake up to the time I read my son’s storybook before he goes to sleep. It is a day that my mind is so clear and rested, with my ears free from all the annoying sounds, my eyes shut from all disturbing visions and my heart just still, calm, blissful.

If I can have this much stillness in my heart no matter how stormy life can be, I’ll be happy and at peace. That may take lot of mental, emotional, spiritual training but I have a lifetime to perfect my skills. Till then I have images like this to help me move one step closer to my dream day…or days even. Basiao beach, a tropical haven in Capiz, Philippines. My little haven.

These dream days may even have fun surprises like a walk by the beach all to myself or a picnic with my wife and son, sharing a beautiful moment. A day that is all about the things that makes my heart smile without the thought of worries, problems and heartaches. It is just a day and I think we all deserve that one perfect dream day.

The Sun, sea and sand brings about a dream day full of smiles and exciting memories. A photo taken at Cocoa Beach. An unexpected surprising detour.

This week’s Image of Life is titled “My Dream Day.”

What is your dream day? What do you hope to experience when you wake up tomorrow?

A young man jumping over a tropical Sun. I don’t know who took this picture but I found it in Facebook under Boracay photos. Whoever took this was truly gifted and generous to share something this magical. If we all can feel like this everyday, then was all have reached our most longed “Dream Day.”

Thank you once again for sharing your day with me. May this post inspire you to embrace and see the beautiful images around you.

Today, discover the inspiring world of these blogger friends. Their zest for life, their families, their environment and most of all their faith are priceless treasures that will bring a smile to your day.

The Guat of  http://thewishfactor.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/weekly-image-of-life-inspiration/

Indira of  http://amaltaas.wordpress.com/2012/10/01/weekly-image-of-life-inspiration/

Francine of  http://francineinretirement.wordpress.com/2012/09/27/weekly-image-of-life-inspiration/

April of  http://alwaysbobswife.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/weekly-image-of-life-inspiration/

Lisa “Z” of  http://playamart.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/inspiration-while-the-world-outside-my-window-goes-insane/

Helen “Knittinggalore” of  http://citylifepicture.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/weekly-image-of-life-inspiration/

Patty of  http://lifeofaministermom.com/2012/10/02/weekly-image-of-life-inspiration/

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget. Have a great time making wonderful memories.

All images taken using an iPhone 4 camera with Camera + App. My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories you make in this lifetime.

This entry was posted in Inspiration, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to My Dream Day

1. Beautiful all your posts my friend! I love the last shot of the man jumping! Impressive!

2. this is a beautiful post. you used many references to describe a feeling of peace; i also refer to having a smile in my heart – that is so very important to feeling complete and for giving one a sense of purpose and being a part of a much-larger picture.
    i especially liked this: “If I can have this much stillness in my heart no matter how stormy life can be, I’ll be happy and at peace. ” ah, you nailed it!
    may your happy-within days trump those discouraging ones!

thanks so much for pointing attention back to don’s story. he was truly humbled.

of course i have a dream day in mind! i’m in the city today and will be back home tomorrow. see you in a few days with a dream post!
    z

• Thanks Z. Don’s story is full of hope and inspiration. When I read stories like that I tell myself, “And you where whining how you life was hard?” It humbles me and makes me realize there is no mountain we can’t climb for as long we do our best. God has his ways and he will help us go through the most dificult times. It’s just nice to know that we can have days that are perfect.

• yes.. every so often when i have one of those days that kicks my spirits down.. i realize that i am slinking in spirits… i pull in my reins and i say, ‘hey. get real. you can walk. you can see (i lost my vision for 24 hours while living alone in the country in CRica).. you can see in COLOR (my sons are color deficient).. then i remind myself that i love plants and trees and flowers an birds and music andi love to cook and garden and read books and can build most anything i want and am a fast thinker and, and, and by that time i am literally walking on air and have a smile on my face.. but it takes that internal nudge to wake up and reflect.. and then i am happy again.

i realize that i am lucky that i can do that, and it is effective.

you are right. there is no mountain we can’t climb, and we have to get there one step at a time.. we are allowed to rest along the way and prepare for the next segment of the journey!

i just returned home and hope to catch up tonight.

z

3. it is truly always a lovely trip with you

Your post are always so inspirational, and the photos are full of wondrous images. I have just returned from two hours of playing the piano to people at our mall. Their responses really made my day perfect. :)

5. The final image is a great capture. Nicely done and terrific composition. Is he blessing the sun? Or is the sun blessing him? Lovely.

6. absolutely stunning pictures especially the young man over the setting sun, fantastic!

sorry to hear that some of your days are really sad That is when the Good Lord is closest to you

7. I love reading your stuff. I know that moment you speak of — when you would fly, or at least are flying inside as you watch your child leap off a rock or a diving board into what you imagine is a great unknown. My perfect day is one I live many, many times: I’m walking or running through nature and I would capture the moment and hold it still, somewhere deep inside, if I could. But I can’t, so I breathe in God’s beauty as if a starving woman gulping water in the desert.

Or hiking along the cliffs of Carmen with my husband . . . that was the perfect day, many times over.

• Thank you. It is beyond words to see our kids jump and leap with so much joy and freedom. Something we adults can learn from or simply recall cause I bet we all did it as kids.I love you perfect day.Peaceful blessed with Nature and God’s presence. Nothing can be more beautiful than that. Have a great day.

8. TBM says:

Another beautiful post!

9. wolke205 says:

I m sorry that I have barely commented on your site the last weeks – just wanted to let you know that I love your posts & I read every single one. The last photo is incredible beautiful…Take care, hugs.

10. Indira says:

Very beautiful photographs, inspiring as always, wish your everyday be your dream day. Thanks for sharing delightful post.

We all have our ups and downs and t’s important to remember the up ones. Images like yours help us all to do just that :-)

• Thanks my friend. I agree, life will have its ups and downs, what matters is we value and remember the positive ones. Making sure it inspires us to face life in a new light.

12. Imelda says:

Gorgeous pictures, Island Traveler. I totally understand the days when you feel frustrated and sad. I have many of those. Your dream day is kind of my dream day too. :) I hope you have many of your dream days to let you go through the not so dreamy ones.

• Thanks Imelda. I wish for us, our families , our friends to have as much happy, peaceful dream days in this lifetime. It is good to know there is a balance in all things.

13. bulldogsturf says:

A lovely set of photos as usual… beautiful…

14. SmallHouseBigGarden says:

Beautiful images and thoughts!!!
    When I first started drug addiction recovery in 2006, my counselor kept repeating “deal with life on life’s terms” but it took me FOREVER to internalize that notion…When I finally did, everything changed for me!

Your posts indicate you understand life on life’s terms, and I know that’s why I love reading your blog! Thank you once again for reinforcing this positive message! :)

• Thank you. Your journey inspired me to face my challenges with full courage and a hopeful heart. The past 10 years felt like 30 years. I learned so much, cried so much but then I too have laughed, loved and felt happiness so much! I wish you all the best on your journey with life.

15. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: My Dream Day « City Life Picture

A very truthful and inspiring post. It is good to come here and be inspired. Sorry I could not join in this week had some unexpected situations come up that needed my attention. Will join in again next week.

• Thanks Francine. Just hearing from you makes me smile already. I wish you a wonderful week. I know how life can sometimes get so busy and hectic. This is my first weekend for the past month to really feel that it is a weekend.

17. Cara Olsen says:

Such lovely moments captured . . .

Thank you for coming by yesterday. It was nice to hear from you. I’ve spent some time away from the blogging world, for some much needed “me” time, though I have missed reading many of the blogs I follow. Your images and stories always stir up something within me. Your honesty about experiencing days all over the spectrum is refreshing. So many people try and cover their emotions with platitudes, while their hearts suffer silently beneath.

~ Cara

• Thanks Cara. I appreciate the generous , inspiring comment. Yes, there are times my work and home activities gets to hectic too and I had to put my blogging in a “pause” mode. But I do miss it everyday, It is a part of us and who we are now. Have a great week my friend.

18. hi IT!
    as usual your image of life bursts with your love for family and i think mine did as well. thank you for continuing to encourage everyone of us. may the good Lord bless your weekend ahead : http://alwaysbobswife.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/weekly-image-of-life-dream-day/

• Thank you. Your post inspired me today. Everything I hope for a beautiful dream day is here. A fun day at the beach with the people I love, having a relaxing time away from life’s troubles, a serene moment with the Lord as speaks through his breathtaking creations. This are the days we hope to keep forever. Have a blessed weekend.

• thank you, too … today definitely is a dream day for me … worship was soulful and i had a most meaningful talk with my dearest friend! have a great weekend with your family as well.

19. I couldn’t pick just 1 thing so I made a top 10 list of ideal days… any one of them would be perfect :) Maybe I should have also listed keeping up with blogging! ;)

• I love your 10 favorite dream days. In a way, they are also the ones I hope to capture everyday. The breathtaking image of the sea, sand and surf of Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba just had me dreaming and hoping that soon, I get to be close to the sea once more. probably not as blue with white sands but somehow with a much similar joy and peace. No. 10 is something I often get frequently for free this days and I just felt blessed that I am healthy and alive to enjoy Nature’s amazing sky painting everyday. Have a great weekend!

20. dearrosie says:

Without those days of peace we’re not living we’re surviving. We need to stop and rest and for me, nothing does it as well as the ocean.

• I’m with you on that. Nothing more say’s “heal, recover, rest, rejuvenate,” than being close to the Ocean. Nature has a healing gift. All we need to do is find time to discover it. Thanks my friend.

Wonderful shots and lucky you to be so close to the ocean ;-)

22. Cheryl says:

What a wonderful “Dream Day”. I felt soothed and calm(er) just scrolling through the array of images. Thanks, Mr. B. for the pause from all the stress of house construction!!! I know that my dream day(s) are still several months away, but I’ll visit this post when I need to feel renewed.

• Thanks Cheryl. I’m excited for you. Soon, you will be in your dream house and all the crazy days and nights will all but a memory and you enjoy the gift of bliss in your new home.

23. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: My Dream Day « Life of a Minister Mom

24. lifeofaministermom says:

What is a dream day? A special occasion? A day filled with simple pleasures? Everything in between! I love this post because it immediately brought me to a calm and serene place. I sense the warmth and relaxation when you and your family only have each other, and not the cares of this world to focus on. I love that you embraced these times and captured them for a lifetime!! My thoughts this week…http://lifeofaministermom.com/2012/10/09/weekly-image-of-life-my-dream-day/

God bless you all!
    Patricia

• Thanks Patricia. You post always motivates me to keep finding treasures in the most simple and basic of things. I agree with you that just being around our families, happy, contented, without worries is a beautiful dream day. These are the secrets to a joyful, fulfilling life. It may not be 24/7 but just knowing we get them everyday is something to be thankful for. Have a blessed day to you and your family.

25. rfljenksy says:

Great pictures. I dream of the days like your photos represented.

Oh, this is delicious, Island T. and my dream day would be sleep in…endless blog time….floating around on a dreamy yacht somewhere on a crystal clear ocean…but the dreamiest would be having others along to share in this dream. :)

27. Sabina Brave says:

I like the most last photo. And ocean all arround. :)