365 Days Of Being Happy

Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy

Happiness is a priceless treasure we all seek. Sometimes we get then easily while other times we have to work harder for it. There are times it comes as a surprise while other times we have to run and chase it. Some are fleeting. Others last a life time. Most are captured in moments. A few leaves a legacy that inspires a new generation of hopeful hearts.

I wish I could say I’m totally happy 24/7, 365 days a year but we all know that is just a delusional lie. I could say with all honesty that I found happiness in fractions of time. In events, of certain days, hours and minutes. These I could say happens 365 days a year, round the clock, even in my times of sleep through my dreams.

My son’s soccer team won today with a victorious 9-1 score. It was an exciting and fun game down to the last second. We only had 4 players while the other team had 6. My son’s team had to run and play for a full hour. No subs. No breaks.We were concerned that they will all be exhausted but they gave us parents a total unexpected surprise. The team spirit were amazing. I could hear them talking to each other, planning the next strategy as they ran and kick the ball in full force and passion. In the end, we the parents were the ones inspired by their positive enthusiasm. One dad said, “Best game ever.” I couldn’t agree more.

For those who have been a part of This Man’s Journey, you know this blog is all about my constant pursuit for love, happiness and peace. Sometimes I get them. Other times I don’t. A few even led to heartaches. No matter what the outcome, the thought that I may find happiness with each attempt fuels my soul to go on.

One of my son’s happiest memory. A tropical island Summer with his cousins. Memories like this inspires me to keep searching and collecting happy events for me and my family. Yes, happiness is everywhere, we just have to find the one that is meant for us.

I wish I can bottle all the happiness I experienced in this lifetime and remember with all vividness each joyful memory. That too is impossible knowing my neurons are getting older and some of those memories that once made me smile I may not remember many years from now. Today, I found an alternative version to my “happiness bottle.” I made a collage of the various happy events in my life. Thanks to photo magic, I was able to make a “Happy Memories” collage using my iPhone’s Pic Collage app. Now I have a way  to see and remember happiness 27/7, 365 days a year.

Thank you for sharing your day with me. Knowing you are there week after week, sharing my photo challenges and my journey makes me happy. I apologize for the delayed responses. I promise to catch up as soon as possible. I appreciate each visit, each comment, each shared post. Wishing everyone a beautiful, happy week.

This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, Life, Love, photography, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to 365 Days Of Being Happy

1. Absolutely love the picture collage. And your quote about finding happiness… fuels your soul to go on. Yes, we must go on to find our own happiness. Beautiful post as always.

• Thanks Brooke. I’m glad you enjoyed the post. I think we all deserve to grab a piece of happiness in whatever way we can. Life can get busy and crazy but we owe it to ourselves to breathe freely, happily.

I love your photo collage….didn’t know about that app!

3. danajoward says:

Beautiful Happy Photos!! The collage was amazing :)

4. barb19 says:

As you say, we cannot be happy 24/7, happiness comes in bursts and starts, and we have to grab each one as it comes to us. I love your photo collage so you can look at your happy moments whenever you want.
    An inspiring post – as always!

5. Very impressive presentation! Great work and great opening of your soul! Thank you for sharing your life with us! z

6. bulldogsturf says:

You could reblog any of your posts… they all depict happiness… love this blog…

• Thanks Bro. I try to celebrate the joys so I get to be reminded that life is good during times of trials. Plus…I get to relive all of these years from now in my memories.

This is awesome my friend what a great post. I especially love these two lines ” I could say with all honesty that I found happiness in fractions of time … No matter what the outcome, the thought that I may find happiness with each attempt fuels my soul to go on.” Great lines and great pics! I especially love your collage.

• Thanks my friend. Just knowing that there’s a possibility that I can be happy or bring happiness to those I love is worth every hardship and sacrifices. My parents did the same for me and now I appreciate the all the more knowing they gave up so much to make sure we are all happy.

8. As always, this is a beautiful post! You open your heart and share so much with us. Thanks! Z

9. Angelia Sims says:

Congrats to your son’s team! What an awesome win. Love the smiles and the pic collage is AMAZING and inspiring. Love love love. If you open a bottle company for happiness, let me know… I’ll come help and we can give it away for free. Everyone should have happy moments like these. Excellent post. Thanks for the link. :-)

• Thanks Angelia. Yes, I will definitely let you know if ever I will be able to bottle happiness. Isn’t it cool if we can. Life is about “living, loving and laughing.”

loved the photos…With you i have come to the conclusion that your wife and your son are all that you need in your life to give you happiness, , security, and love so this is a good thing for you to write about… Have a wonderful day my friend

• Thanks my friend. For the past 7 years, I realized that all I need is her, my son and the God that watches over us. Being away from my parents and siblings made me rely more on who I am with physically for love, strength and everything else.

11. Freedomborn says:

Thank you for sharing your Picture collage island traveler, it’s great and I can honestly say one of the best I’ve seen.

Happiness to me is in someone’s eyes of Love as they look at me, in kind words and deeds, in looking at God’s creation for real or in photos and enjoying God’s provision and blessings and in many captured moments that I will never forget and always be thankful for .

But it is in knowing without a doubt that I’m a child of The King of Kings that I have deep inner Joy even when I have tears in my eyes. I remember being very much in grief as I was creating a Power point that I had promised a friend and as I put the words and pictures together with the music I was lifted up and cried tears of joy even though my heart was breaking and this happened to me more then once and continues.

Jesus was known as a Man of sorrows, acquainted with grief but He had the Joy that passes all understanding, a Peace that many long for and a Hope that because of His great Love that reflected His Heavenly Fathers, many would be saved and they are and will be.

Some say laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone and sadly for some this is True but Jesus says come to me I really care, I Love you and I will lighten your heart and give you my never ending Joy, and He does.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne

• Anne, thank you for the blessing of words that uplifts my spirit. It took me literally fall on my knees with heartches and tears to fully comprehend the extent of God’s love and goodness. At the time when me and my wife felt all alone, he was showed that not only was he our king but a friend who will never abandon us. Best wishes to you and Ron.

wow lovely work and the light on your first shot is amazing!

13. I just love the title of your post! :) :) :)

14. You have lots to be happy for. Fabulous post. I did try that pic collage app and love it. Another thing to be happy about. :-D.

Beautiful happy photos. I love the collage. Great share.

16. As usual a broad smile spread across the room as I viewed your images. They exude happiness through your eyes. Lovely.

17. My family is now grown but somewhere along the way I realized looking back that their happiest memories were just moments in time, ordinary to us but extraordinary to a child. Thank you for sharing.

Congratulations to your son and his team! Thank you for sharing your happy moments and events! Beautiful photos to express happiness, love, and hope.

19. bluebrightly says:

A great post. Thoughtful and visually interesting – such nice processing – coloring – BW choices. And glad you shared the fun you had with the app.

20. shoes says:

What a great collage! I think happiness is something that comes in bits and bursts and not something that can be maintained constantly. We do need to make room for all the other wonderful emotions we feel too.

21. What many and wonderful reasons for feeling happy. I especially liked how you said the parents were the ones who left the field feeling inspired. What a great way to be!

• Indeed we were the ones talking excitedly about the game. the mom in front of me whose daughter score 3 goals looks so happy. Our kids were busy muching the snacks after the game. Thanks.

22. Patti Kuche says:

IT, I love what you do with your iPhone and how you always manage to find the sunshine in your days! Happy, happy!

• Thanks Patti. My iPhone camera is my photo buddy. It goes where I goes. My wife bought me a Nikon camera with zoom lens but it’s to bulky for me. I used sometimes though.

23. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Happy! | Mirth and Motivation

Love your happy images, and that gallery is stunning. :) Congrats to your son’s soccer team. Have a wonderful week.

Cool! You did a wonderful happy job. ;-)

26. TBM says:

I always enjoy stopping by and reading your posts. They always put a smile on my face.

27. sued51 says:

I love the style of your collage with the white borders. Lovely photos, great job!

28. Vanessa T. says:

I’d knew I will feel fuzzy all over looking at your photos~ so here I am again! :D Awesome post and a very beautiful collage!

29. Beautiful picture and illustration of happiness. Happiness for most of us is a result of receiving our expectations. Mathematically, when there is an intersection between our expectations and our results then we have happiness. For some others, happiness can be engineered. It can come from simply meeting certain psychological conditions, such that whether or not circumstances tally with expectations, the same feelings are stimulated. Your beautiful post is inspiring thoughts! :)

• Love this, “Mathematically, when there is an intersection between our expectations and our results then we have happiness. ” Indeed we do and we hope to add more and more of these perfect blend of things that gives happiness. Thanks.

30. love the collage! just looking at it ,makes one happy! :) nice post

• Thank you. We just need to find the one that works for us. To me pictures is a way to go back and remember that moments that made us laugh and feel good about ourselves.

31. Arindam says:

Beautiful collection of thoughts and pictures bro. I have the privilege to know you and your blog when I was new in the blog world. So I knew, how much happiness means to you. Your every word, every picture and every post not only shares your happiness with us but also it bring some happiness to our lives. Thanks a lot for spreading that happiness week after week bro. Best wishes to you. May you get lots and lots of happiness in coming days! Have a great week bro.

• Thanks Bro. Always a joy to hear you inspiring words. Happiness is one of my priceless treasure in this world. Yes, heartaches and pain will always be there but random bursts of happiness erase them away and gives me a fresh start to go on one day at a time. There is no perfect 24/7 days but those moments that we felt everything is perfect makes up for everything else. God bless you and your family.

32. I loved the picture of your son on the soccer field, and the one of all the kids jumping into the pool. Your collage was very cool as well, you’ll have to tell me how you did that! Cheers!
    James

• Tha collage was called pic collage app. It’s cool and fun to use. Yes, we had a great game that day. This Saturday we also won but my son was a bit tired after asleep over at his friend’s house. We need more practice this week which is a great way for me to exercise. Thanks.

Hope you are feeling better… even though I’ve been so busy with stuff, I do remember my favs like you. Blessings. ;-)

34. bebs1 says:

We really cannot be happy 24/7 otherwise we wouldn’t know happiness. Just looking at your pictures I think you need to be grateful about and if you appreciate life, happiness comes naturally. It doesn’t take much, isn’t it?

• So right. It doesn’t take much to find our personal version of happiness. A smile, a hug and a kiss, a thoughtful gesture of gratitude, a trip to the beach… hardly cost anything but priceless. Thanks Bebs.

35. Freedomborn says:

Hi island traveler this is just to let you know that your Page has a error on it, I had already left a Like on this Post but couldn’t on another one that I had missed. Wayne my Computer Tech, is checking it out , you are not the only one that has this bug, it seems to be with quite a few I visit , perhaps I should do a Post about this, so people will be warned,

Lady Dei said yesterday others are having the same problem with the Likes. It seems to be a plug which means it may be deliberate, I will let you know after Wayne contacts me and if it’s possible will also explain how you can debug it, but would no doubt be a good idea to let WordPress Support know too so they can check it out for you, as it is not my Blog I can’t do this, I have taken Screen shots of some of the Blogs debuging pages. Some people are very sick in the mind for sure and in their spirit but it could still be Technical we will know soon.

Christian Love Anne.

• Thanks Anne. I was getting frustrated with the “like” button problem . I thought it was just me. I appreciate the information. Also a few days ago, the photos were all jumbled up. I was like, “Oh, no…is my site compromised?” It went okay the day after. I still have problems with the like part on some blog sites. Thanks for the constant positive feedback. I appreciate that a lot.. God bless you and Ron.

36. dearrosie says:

Beautiful post IT. Love the collage.
    I’ve had no problem clicking the like problem. I’m playing catch up here and I’ve clicked the like button on every one of your previous posts.

37. Imelda says:

I like the heart of your son’s team! He must have been proud, but the parents are even more so judging from the parents’ comments. :-) Yeah, we are not happy 365 days a year, or even a whole 24 hours. What matters is that there is joy in our hearts and that remains regardless of the emotional rollercoasters we experience in a day. God bless you with constant joy and happiness, too. :-)