Weekly Image Of Life: October Magic

Discovering The Magic Of October

Every month a new magic unfolds but some months have its unique charms that have us spellbound. October is one month that opens a new door for fun, play, excitement, of creating brand new stories and retelling old ones, of discovery and rediscovery, of wonder and yes, of magic. Of magic that is fueled by the little child’s hopes and dreams in all of us. The inner child in our hearts that somehow was forgotten and only resurface when we needed it the most.

Sometimes we just have to let go and let destiny bring us to places we only dreamed about.

October magic is all around us. The changing colors of the leaves, the cooler breeze, the orange pumpkins changing into something amazing, the smell of delicious spices and sights of mouth-watering foods celebrated in the most festive way, of laughter and joy of simply being around the people who made us feel that anything is possible in this world. People who opened our eyes to everyday miracles and magic.

Last Sunday, we found a few of October’s fun surprises. It was unusually cold that morning. My son whispered while in church, “Dad, when is the bazaar starting?” I whispered back, “After this.” He asked again, “When is that?” I replied, “As soon as the mass ends.” He held my hand and as soon the priest gave a go signal, he pulled me towards the door while saying excitedly, “Lets go.”

First stop was the toy section. We met several friends and all the kids had a great time choosing their toys. We got a scrabble for 50 cents.

The women went to the jewelry section while the men accompanied the kids at the play station. Everyone had a blast at the Fishing booth and playing with the silly string spray. My son looked so happy chasing the other kids. The air was filled with children’s laughter and it sounded so beautiful. Nothing more priceless that seeing our kids looking so happy.

Just before leaving the bazaar, we stopped by the Fire Truck Station and met one of our everyday heroes. The fireman gave the kids a tour and my son get to sit by the driver’s area. Excitedly, he turned the steering wheel, looked at me and smiled. A kind of smile that melts any parent’s heart. A kind of smile that makes you happy and glow from within.

On the way home, I told my wife, “Do you think the Pumpkin Patch we went to last year is already open?” My wife replied, “May be. Let’s check it out.” The Pumpkin Patch was on a little side road that we accidentally discovered last year. As we head close to the place, I read the sign which says, “Pumpkin Patch Open.” We all cheered, “Yipee!”

My son started choosing the perfect pumpkin. He shouted, “Which one dad?” Just like what I told him last year I answered back, “The one you can carry.” He hopped and jumped, ran and did some  somersaults until he found the one he wanted. He decided to get 2 minis and 2 Wee Bees this time. The challenge now is to find a tiny carving knife to make a mini Jack-O-Lantern.

As compared to last year’s Pumpkin Patch trip, this year we get to ride a train pulled by a John Deere Farm Tractor. My son chose a Tiger cart which surprisingly fits him and his mom. I followed them for a while so was the mom beside me. Her daughter who was in a Hello Kitty cart started crying. She was by herself. She did stop crying after her mom assured her that she will be okay.

As I took this picture, I am once again reminded that I can be happy with just the most simple of things and of the most simple of moments. All I need is to be around the people who inspire me everyday. People who showed me again and again the magic of love, whether its October, November or December. Oh, my son was born in October, about 7 years ago. It was the time when all the magic began for all us as a family.

Thank you once again for sharing your day with me. May this post inspire you to embrace and see the beautiful images around you. May you capture these images not only with your camera but with your heart.

What is your October story? Whatever it is, I hope it brought you lots of joy and unforgettable magic.

Today, discover the inspiring world of these blogger friends. Their zest for life, their families, their environment and most of all their faith are priceless treasures that will bring a smile to your day.

Helen of  http://citylifepicture.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/weekly-image-of-life-my-dream-day/

April of  http://alwaysbobswife.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/weekly-image-of-life-dream-day/

Canadian Travel Bugs of  https://canadiantravelbugs.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/weekly-image-of-life-my-dream-day/

Patricia of  http://lifeofaministermom.com/2012/10/09/weekly-image-of-life-my-dream-day/

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget. Have a great time making wonderful memories.

All images taken using an iPhone 4 camera with Camera + App. My friends, have fun discovering and creating the most beautiful images everyday. They are a part of the unforgettable memories you make in this lifetime.

This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, kids, Life, Love, photography, Post A Week, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

121 Responses to Weekly Image Of Life: October Magic

1. rutheh says:

What a lovely magic day!

Ruth E Hendricks

2. I just love pumpkins, they look so friendly! In Greece they are not so popular…..

3. Hi there, thanks for the pingback! I enjoyed reading your post! My October story is that my brother was born on the 20th! When i was 4 years old, I was waiting, eagerly watching through the glass of the “baby section” waiting for my dad to tell me which baby belonged to us! :)

• That is one magical moment. I have 5 sisters and the last three I get to experience that happy time of anticipation. No words to describe the first time I saw my baby sisters in the nursery room. Thank you for sharing .

4. Cher says:

Definitely, looked and felt like magic! Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks Cher. I’m glad you enjoyed it. I tried finding your wordpress address to thank you.

• Thank you for such an inspiring post, Island Traveler. Our October is also magic: I found my prince charming over a decade ago, and we got married in October (more precisely, the 18th – today is our anniversary!) and this wonderful man helped me start our family, with our first child, and only boy, now, just 7 years old – also, in October… So, Fall, October, this fantastic season, has a lot of heart images and memories for us… It’s definitely, a Magic October! Here’s a bit of our recent ‘magic’:
        Thanks again for the inspiration!
        Raquel

5. cobbies69 says:

Fabulous memory in the making, and thanks for letting us in..:)

6. bulldogsturf says:

I love this blog.. it always gives me a warm feeling… family love…. the best…

7. Your blog just makes me feel all warm and cozy. You’re photos are full of colour and you write with such a beautiful appreciation of family and life. :) Thanks.

8. Colline says:

The visit to the pumpkin patch sounds like quite an experience. I love the train – as did all the kids I am sure :)

Another great share of a magical day at the church bazaar and the pumpkin patch. I love the little rides the children are on. Your son and I share the same month for our birthdays.

10. really enjoyed this – takes me back to when my sons were little and loved stuff like this

11. Indira says:

Wonderful theme and post. I also enjoyed you having a wonderful time. Happiness always comes from small, simple and things which cost you no money. Oct. is a festival time in India. We are preparing to enjoy. Have a nice, peaceful, healthy and great Oct.

12. Very creative capture that first one! What a keeper!

13. danajoward says:

What a magical trip down memory lane for me. I love seeing the children having fun picking out their pumpkins, riding in the colorful carts and getting to sit in a fire truck with real firemen. What a trip you had. A wonderful post and capture for “Image of Life” especially in October. A+++++ blog today. Thank you for sharing ;)

14. Thank you for starting my day off with a smile and warm feeling within. When I open my email, I am always drawn to your posts first; you and I share the same love of family (even though I am now in the grandparent phase of life), and apparently, we also share the love of fall as well!
    Thank you for sharing your day; the bazaar sounded so fun as did the pumpkin patch.
    We too have one here in Oklahoma that is the bee’s knees. Unfortunately, it is a bit pricy unless you just want to look at what they have for sale. But the patch itself has hay mazes, hay rides, hay playground and pumpkins in the field to choose from. When I worked at the local paper, I would always get passes for my five grown kids and now seven grands, but no more free passes for me. I will have to look for a less extravagant venue to share with my babes.
    Thanks for reminding me that great memories don’t have to be costly!

• Thank you for a beautiful sharing and yes, I truly enjoyed reading your post. Your family and the joys you share together inspires me. Love and family is universal no matter where we are. God bless you and your love ones.

15. Joy says:

Love it! Yay for pumpkins and Fall, orange and family! Great post!

16. Angelia Sims says:

Joy beams from the faces of your family. I adore that pumpkin farm. I adore the smiles. I adore all the love you share. It warms my heart.

17. Your post was bittersweet for me. Our family used to have a pumpkin patch every year. It was wonderful! We watched families come and spend the day, picking pumpkins, taking hayrides, sitting around the bonfire eating pumpkin treats, etc.. Our own kids played outside in the brisk fall air and were worn out every night. It was truly magical.

Then my stepfather died and we just couldn’t keep it up. None of the rest of us were farmers like he was, and growing pumpkins takes a lot of work. We realize now how much we took for granted all those magical Octobers of hosting a pumpkin patch. All we have now are the memories.

• Thanks for sharing a heart- felt, moving, powerful comment. sorry to hear about your stepfather. Through him you and your family had magical times at the Pumpkin Patch.A priceless gift no money can buy. His magic lives in our now and through the family who shared his love and memory.

18. There is a reason that Thoreau always reminded us to “simplify, simplify”! ~ Kat

• That’s right. In beginning, everything was simple yet blissful. If only we all go back and remember the things that once made us truly happy and at peace without even costing a single cent. Childhood is a magical time that we all shouldn’t have forgotten.

19. Truly autumn has its abundance of joy that all ages can appreciate. You’ve captured some of that sparkle–the way that nature and human nature can coexist.

What a wonderfull way to tell the story! Great photos. I love the one your wife holds your son with a beautiful smile.

21. You should reblog the first photo of the giant pumpkin under the weekly photo challenge ‘BIG’.

22. Donna says:

You have discovered the secret of enjoying life….observing even the little things in life and noting beauty; being thankful for all that is good around you; living in the minutes of your days, the days of your months and the months of your years; recognizing what is good and from Whom it comes from. Happy October!

23. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Happiness | Tasagi Designs

Oh, it’s very interesting. Pumpkin festival (Halloween) isn’t familiar with us. I hope that you enjoy this. :)

Those little train cars are so cute. Enjoy your October :)

26. The weebees are so cute and your family just beams with joy. Great post, indeed!

27. Cara Olsen says:

What a wonderful way to celebrate the change in season. One of my favorite things to do is walk around the pumpkin patch — mostly just to watch the children and walk on straw. ;-) I haven’t carved a pumpkin in ages, though. Maybe I will this year . . . Some of those pumpkins are enormous!

Happy Friday to you,

~ Cara

• Thanks Cara. I carved my first pumpkin last year. One of the happy benefits of having a little child is that I get to relive my childhood again, this time with pumpkins.

What a magical experience!
    Hopefully we never lose our inner child.

29. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: October Magic « बंजारा

30. Indira says:

Some places, incidents really have magical experience. Thanks for this theme , here are my pics. of Oct. Magic.http://amaltaas.wordpress.com/2012/10/13/weekly-image-of-life-october-magic/

• You got me when you mentioned “festivals, cool weather and zoos.” Magical and fun indeed. Beautiful images that brings about a sense of adventure, wonder and excitement. Durga is beautiful and her story is an inspiration of courage and hope. I rememer seeing her image in books as a kid and she fascinated me. I just didn’t remember the name. Great post my friend. Have a great week…..

31. these are all wonderful photos,and i was with you on the journey to find the perfect pumpkin/pumpkins for this year! what a great outing!
    lisa

• Thanks Lisa. I wish I did a yearly pumpkin hunting but it was only last year that I realized how fun it could be and how events like this should be celebrated to create fun memories.

32. Cheryl says:

How wonderful for your son that his Daddy’s inner child lives so close to the surface, Mr. B.

33. I love October too. You helped me remember searching for the best pumpkin with my dad :)

October is the beginning of the season of magic. Great photos, and your son is growing fast!

Your boy looks so happy, what a fun day and the first photo is magic!

• Thank you. My boy find happiness pretty much in everything. He teaches me everyday that I can laugh, smile, be happy with the most basic things that hardly cost a thing.

36. Sabina Brave says:

Life is built from priceless moments :)
    Have a wonnderful weekend IT.

37. Pingback: Beautiful Blogger Award « danajoward

38. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: October Magic « The Wish Factor

Really great pictures. I loved all the pumpkin patch ones. Good narrative too. Just wanted to send you my link to your challenge. Hope you enjoy. As always it includes a little humor. :)

• Love it. Its a joy to see and feel the magic from another parent’s eyes, of how amazing , fun, colorful, even crazy yet irresistible exciting world it is to be around our little kids. Last year, it was chaotic inside Children’s Museum doing trick or treating. Hundreds of screaming kids running everywhere. I thought I was going to pass out but them looking at other parents faces I told myself, “Oh, they look like me too.” But in the end, we realize how fun and happy it had been and in a heart beat will do it all over again. Thanks for sharing these.

40. Your beautiful photos really give me a feeling of magic in them. Too bad that my October is going to be spent in final exams. Anyway, happy October!

41. Your pictures are amazing. I just love autumn and pumpkins and as you say – magic! Great post!

I love your selections for the BIG challenge… That first shot is priceless. :lol:

These are wonderful pictures. What is it about the great red fire trucks, huh?

The pumpkins look too beautiful to be real! I’m reminded by Linus and his obsession with “The Great Pumpkin” in Peanuts. Wish Charles Schulz were still around.

44. Pingback: Blennerhassett Mansion by Candlelight « Francine In Retirement

Here is my entry for the weekly challenge. http://wp.me/p23TG1-1t1

• It’s amazing how something so beautiful, grand and magical holds a sad story, particularly for the one who started the mansion. I still would like to believe it was created for something wonderful as shown by the images, of the enchanting road lighted by candles and lanterns, leading us to a time of passion and mystery. I wished the man and his wife who built got to stay there long enough the magic of a house and a dream they created. A magic and dream we now get to enjoy through the eyes of those who visited the place. Eyes like yours my friend. Thanks.

The huge pumpkins brings me to the magical land of Alice in Wonderland!! :D

I love your October post, as I do all your posts…it warms my days. Thank you. :)

What a gorgeous and joyous post. :) Some of those pumpkins are really HUGE! Have a great week, filled with lots of special, happy moments.

49. TBM says:

What a fun day. I loved seeing the pumpkin patch. It’s been years since I’ve been to one, but I used to love them. Thanks.

50. Pingback: October Magic « Comments from Cathy

51. Cathy G says:

Hello! Thanks as always for a great theme! Here’s my entry!

• Your post made me smile in happiness. The purest magic is love among families that goes beyond time and generations. Your story reminded me of how I was growing up with 5 siblings. Everything seems magical and moments like these reminds me that it was always there only waiting to be rediscovered. Anita has blossomed into a generous, beautiful person.She is very thoughtful and loving to her brother’s new baby. Magic is knowing we have a family to be there for us may it be on our birthdays, on holidays or the gift of new life. Thanks for this amazing post. God bless you and your love ones.

I just love the look of pumpkins and I like to eat’em too!

53. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: October Magic « City Life Picture

54. Another great post and beautiful photos, thanks for sharing. Here is my October magic http://citylifepicture.wordpress.com/2012/10/16/weekly-image-of-life-october-magic/

• riceless, beautiful, magical Gourd lights. It is a work of Art made with intense passion and have me feeling inspired. It is rare nowadays to have someone work on something with blood,sweat and tears. It is an honor and a joy to marvel at this amazing work. Lights up my world and all that sees them. Have a blessed day and thanks.

55. Pingback: Elephant Procession | perceptionsofareluctanthomemaker

56. deepa says:

Lovely post! The picture of the pumpkins is amazing! Here’s my entry..Joining after long .

• The festival you shared was truly magical. The elephant and the golden chair they carry had my imagination ran wild. Keep us posted for the Oct. 24th event. What an exciting, colorful October magic!

57. Gobetween says:

Beautiful photos, looks like everyone enjoys Halloween. Halloween is not celebrated in South Africa but I love looking at the pumpkin lamps and the costumes. Here is my posts http://gobetweenflames.wordpress.com/2012/10/17/weekly-image-of-life-october-magic/

• Love your version. It reminds me that magic is even at our very footsteps. We just have to look and be amazed. I wish to share my comment of your post, “Beautiful indeed and they all exude positivity that lights up the room and our hearts. Your home garden of flowers must be an amazing place to just relax, enjoy coffee or tea and just remember life’s blessings. Thanks. These are beautiful too, “No matter what you have to do today remember to pause and appreciate
      something preciously beautiful in your life. ” A blessed day to you and your family.

58. Barb says:

When I saw your post pop up in my inbox, I said, “Oh boy!” because you always take me someplace beautiful and give insight into the precious moments that make up life and you certainly didn’t disappoint. Seasons are changing , but there are some truths like live which stay the same.

• Thanks Barb, I’m glad you enjoyed the post. Yes, living our lives, of trying to feel alive stays pretty much the same. We should never change the things that make us feel truly happy, life being around family, being close to nature and our faith.

59. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: October Magic « Life of a Minister Mom

60. lifeofaministermom says:

Ahhh, the love of family. Isn’t it grand! I’m so excited to share these photos with you, as a dear friend of mine truly made the October Magic come alive! Your pictures tell the story of a wonderful time, and I pray your son had/has a fantastic birthday!!

God bless you all!
    Patricia

• My friend, you found the purest magic of all, you God and your family. Everyday I wake feeling knowing I have my family no matter what and that God will always be there despite of my imperfections. These are our version of magic and one thing amazing about it is that it last beyond October or any seasons. Your friend did an awesome capture of your beautiful daughter . She is an angel indeed. This words were filled with October magic, The “magic” is in these moments, and comes from the reality of knowing I have a relationship with an extraordinary God!! He’s blessed me with my family and friends, and saw fit to make me the mom of the most precious angel. ” Thanks Patricia and have a blessed day.

61. Pingback: October Magic: Walking after dark | that cynking feeling

62. dearrosie says:

Love the pumpkin pictures! Oh what a lucky boy you’re such a supportive Dad.

63. Iamrcc says:

Thank you for the like of my Weekly Photo Challenge Post “Silhouette”.

64. naomimgruer says:

Love the photos–pumpkin picking is a yearly tradition in our home. Since you are a devoted dad, you might like my post called “Beach Darling” under the category “For Reel” on my blog, https://bmoreenergy.wordpress.com. :)

65. Imelda says:

Oh, this is just so sweet! I love it that your son gets the pumpkin that he can carry. My sons got the biggest that they could find. I will make a post of our pumpkin picking and carving day and link with you. :-) But that is an aside.

The pumpkin place you have is nice. It has a fun ride. I love your pictures – shows how much you are enjoying your family. :-) Thanks for sharing.

66. Iamrcc says:

Thank you visiting and the like of my Weekly Photo Challenge Foreign post.