Unforgettable Geometry

Traces of Geometry are all around us. Some are created by man while others provided freely and abundantly by nature. Most come as an exciting surprise as our day unfolds.

Currently, I have about 5,000 images in my computer. Most I can no longer remember except when I browse through my photo archives but there are several that I can never forget. They remind me of a beautiful, unforgettable time. A time I wish to always cherish in my heart and just may be if fate wills it, relive all over again.

One of those images I took was at the beach. I was helping my son make his sand castle when I noticed a drift wood behind him. I took a quick shot with my iPhone camera then continued helping him with his castle. Soon after, while reviewing the images I realized not only did I capture the events of the day but more importantly, I was able to capture an unforgettable picture I will treasure for always. A picture that reflects all the past happy memories I wish to remember , the inspiring present I wish to keep and the bright future I hope to make.

Images like this reminds me that happiness comes in the most simplest of things. All I need are the perfect elements for a joyful, well celebrated moment. A day at the beach with clear blue skies, away from the demands of the world and just having wonderful time with the people who makes me laugh like there’s no tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing your day with me. May my version of this week’s photo challenge called “Geometry made you smile and made you remember happy events in your life that you can not forget. Events that you always treasure and carry in your memory wherever you go.

Today, take a moment and relive in your thoughts one of your happiest memory. I bet it will make you feel like you are at the beach just enjoying the waves, the warm sunshine and the smiles of the people who means the world to you.

This entry was posted in family, photography, Post A Week, Summer Adventures, Travels, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

69 Responses to Unforgettable Geometry

1. Very natural geometry! One of the few posts i ‘ve seen about geometry that’s so into nature! Beautiful! :)

2. cobbies69 says:

I see no ships,, well move your hat lovely post ;)

3. sandraconner says:

A really lovely post and great pictures. They definitely fit the theme too. Thanks for sharing your delightful times with us.

4. Beautiful photos, and your words shine with love.

Lovely post once again. Your geometry pics really made me smile. Your little son is adorable. :)

6. I do like this photo, so different from the ones I put up and equally geometrical. Your family is lucky to have so many image memories.

7. Valentina says:

I like the driftwood photo. It shows the bent of time.

Today was one of those memorable days for me. After a rainy start, we were blessed with a beautiful, bright Autunm day. We walked by a sparkling river, and kicked at the leaves, then I was treated to a very nice meal in a French restaurant. (it was my birthday)
    Driftwood is beautiful. Leaves too.

9. dearrosie says:

Beautiful photo IT. I love how you always get your son in the pictures.

• Thanks. He is my bundle of joy and in real life, he is the center of me and my wife’s world. He keeps us smiling and hopeful of things. My wife would sometimes joke, “I can not live without my son but I sure can live without you.” Ouch!

10. The first image is a treasure to be printed and placed in a prominent spot. It’s the essence of Thoreau’s “Simplify, simplify, simplify.” We can discover the greatest gifts of life in the simplest of discoveries, which turn out to be far larger than what is originally felt and perceived.

• Thanks Sally. I learned to downgrade early based on what life’s experiences brought me and my wife. It was a big decision but I’m so glad that I did. We can be happy with having the most simple and basic of things. I wish somebody told me that sooner. I kind of learned it the hard way from personal heartaches.

It’s so wonderful that you can connect the wonderful story and beautiful photos with the geometry theme. Thanks IT! Have a great week.

• I kept the picture to myself for awhile. It kind of reminded me of a very happy time and how that day made me feel but I told myself, “It’s time to share it and hopefully make others feel inspired by it as much as it did to me.” I’m glad I did. Thanks Amy.

12. This is one of the reasons I really loved this theme and I had so much fun with it. I love your interpretation of it and your beautiful pictures as always.

Geometry of driftwood and your little boy, perfect!

14. Cheryl says:

Fabulous ‘framing’ Mr. B! Great interpretation of the week’s challenge.

15. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge : Geometry « Cheryl Andrews

The first photo is absolutely wonderful :)

17. Cara Olsen says:

You are blessed. To be able to see geometry in a piece of driftwood, that is a gift. Not everyone would have looked at that and thought “Look at those stunning angles!” Our eyes are gateways, and if we choose, we can open them wider and wider, taking in ALL the beauty He has created for us to enjoy.

Great photos!

~ Cara

• How you merge the words is truly inspiring, “Our eyes are gateways, and if we choose, we can open them wider and wider, taking in ALL the beauty He has created for us to enjoy.” Indeed our eyes are the gateway and how we chose to interpret what we see make a huge difference.

18. Indira says:

First one is really wonderful.

19. rommel says:

Powerful words for a powerful image. Sometimes, it really is those mundane moments, simple things that gets us.

20. Angelia Sims says:

My happiest memories are at the beach. That glimpse of peace among the sand, you have frozen it so perfectly. Those times are exactly what makes my heart smile. Wonderful memory and image.

21. TBM says:

I can always feel your love via your photos.

22. jenfbs says:

My favorite place. I love how your son is framed so naturally within the driftwood, just perfect.

• Thank you. I was surprised too after I took the shot. It was at high noon when I took it and the Sun’s glare was disturbing my vision. It was only while under the shade when I got the chance to check it out.

23. MythRider says:

Where do you get the list of blogs?

The picture of your son with that too large hat did make me smile :-) Lovely post as always IT.

25. jakesprinter says:

Beautiful geometrical images my friend ,Thumbs up :)

26. Lisaman says:

I love your son on that walkway…great theme photos

27. Thanks for providing a little thoughtfulness to our crazy day of elections. It’s a breath of fresh air.

• Your welcome and thank you. Oh, I got to vote for the first time. It was actually cool although somebody told me a few days letter that my vote doesn’t count because there’s a pre-chosen group of people who are to vote. I was really disheartened that somebody decides for who I want or we want.

28. LubbyGirl says:

I haven’t done this photo challenge yet, but I’ve looked at a few others. I think I like this one the best so far.

29. munchow says:

As always from you a very personal and heart-warm post. And as always very engaging pictures. You say you have a problem remembering pictures in your archive? Just wait until the number passes 100,000…

30. A beautiful interpretation of the geometry challenge! Thank you for visiting and “Like-ing” mine – I’m glad to have “met” you by way of that.

• It’s an honor to find your blog. I enjoy discovering blogs. It’s like going into a treasure hunt. The treasure are the works of the bloggers we meet along the way. Thanks.

oHHHHH dear…you and Otto with sooo many pictures in your archive. Amazing, and your post is geometrically and beach perfect. :)

32. Patti Kuche says:

Gorgeous photos IT and a lovely contrast between the tangled and straight lines which take us through our lives! Your lovely little boy is going to have such fun looking through your great shots, 5,000 and counting, when he is older!

I love your photos and that first one is pretty awesome! ;-)

Creative representative for geometry! Beautiful!
    Wow, 5,000 photos!? That’s a lot, but then, I’m not really sure how many I have.