Weekly Photo Challenge: Renewal

What renews my tired spirit? Moments like these…

Last Saturday was our final soccer game for the 2012 Fall season. My son and I practiced for about 10 minutes before the game started. He was on fire and just ready to give his all. The other team was just as good and making our first score was a challenge. Both sides have great defensive and offensive tactics. My wife told me, “What’s wrong with you? You kept shouting unfinished words.” I told her, “Hey, it’s a nerve wrecking game.” Obviously, I still have left over caffeine in my system from last night’s work.

Every parent that day cheered for their kid like they were champions and I believe they all are. They played with all their hearts with a passion of a winner. Seeing my son all  excited, happy, having a great time and just pursuing his dream with all he’s got inspired me that day. The entire moment gave me a chance to renew my tired spirit. He gave me a reason to cheer, smile and laugh. He made me forget the woes and stress of life. I have a feeling, based from the enthusiastic, positive cheers of the other parents that I wasn’t alone.

After the game, we were all hungry.  Thanks to a quick detour to our local HEB, we renewed our energy and strength with a delicious “brunch” of Roasted Italian Herb Chicken, Lemon Tart and Eggnog drink.

I went to bed with a grateful heart knowing I had another beautiful memory with my family. And yes, a full, happy belly as well. Mmm…life is good!

Thank you for sharing your day with me. May this post inspired you to find the many ways of renewing you spirit today.

Related articles

This entry was posted in family, Inspiration, Life, parenting, photography, Post A Week, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Renewal

1. Mazigrace says:

Inspiring. Yes, life is good when you are renewed spending time with those you love.

2. Delightful, as always! Thanks for sharing your day, and for the pingback, too! ;-)

3. bulldogsturf says:

Your blog and posts inspire me every day… and make me think back to when my children were young… 30 odd years ago…

4. dearrosie says:

You should frame one of these pictures – a fantastic combination of the amazing clouds, and the low photo angle of your son kicking the ball.

5. Indira says:

You are right, moments like this can renew mind and soul. Very beautiful photographs. I’m going down the memory lane when my children were young, we used to play together. Heavenly experience.

Another beautiful post. Love the photo of your boy just about to kick that ball. Wonderful memories. :)

7. TBM says:

Wonderful. I remember playing when I was a kid and the bliss.

8. The sky is incredible in these! Great post!

9. amira says:

those outdoor photos are just breathtakingly beautiful. and yes your words with it says so much more about renewed spirits.
    It’s a gift to be able to stay so positive :)

10. Thanks for visiting my Renewal post, and great work on these shots. I’m seriously impressed.

I must try to learn more about getting the sky to work harder in my photos!

11. You’ve shared another exhilarating day with your family, renewing our journey with you. I have to mention the sky, which defines renewal–waves of light, blue and clouds scattered above the game as though protecting and opening life’s possibilities all at once.

12. Gail says:

A beautiful post and story of renewal. Such wonderfu pictures and oh…. that meal….. that had my mouth watering!

13. i agree with all of the above! great images, and btw, why am i suddenly hungry for roasted chicken and lemon tart?

Some fantastic shots there IT! And that brunch must have tasted just as good :-)

15. That sky is just breathtaking. What a lovely and positve post. thanks. :)

Yes lovely shots and just look at that sky – nice lemon tart as well!

Happy to see you renewed and replenished. That chicken looks so good!

Your boy was determined to play an awesome game! Stunning shot of the sky and the cloud. Thank you, IT!

19. janna hill says:

The clouds! The clouds are awesome. Of course so was the soccer game your tike and supper.
    Thanks!

20. Great post and great picture! Reminds me very much of my childhood days when I read stories like this.

Children have a wonderful way of renewing our spirits. I am glad everyone had a wonderful day.

22. Oh, how I loved reading this! I share your love of watching our respective children play soccer, and find it both uplifting and renewing as well. Your photography is outstanding as well! Stay blessed!

23. That sky is just spectacular. And your love for your son comes through in every post. How marvelous it will be for him to look back and know what you were thinking at times like these.

24. blparham says:

Thank you for sharing. It’s great to come across positive people. You’re ground level photo angle is great!

Some time to enjoy sports can be very renewing.

26. niken says:

What a beautiful post ! It reminds me to my family in another city and makes me feel warm inside. Thank you :)

27. cuhullen says:

I appreciate you sharing this day. I could use a day like this too and now I sort of have this one.

28. Life is good just the way you captured it. Have a great day.

I am so happy that you are happy. God Bless you my friend

30. This makes me wonder what game(s) Li’l D will want to play when he’s older. Whichever game(s) he lands on, I’ll be deleted to watch him and let him know the joy for me is not in his winning but in his joy at the doing.

31. Southern Comfort eggnog, soccer, and the love a parent has for their child. I feel renewed! :-)
    Great job, as always.

32. Looks like it was a beautiful day for a soccer game! And the food looks really tasty, making me hungry, great photos!
    Hope you and your family are all well!
    James

33. deepa says:

Your photos are stunning ! and Wonderful memories created as well!

34. Freedomborn says:

Hi island traveler, thank you for sharing from your heart your Love for your son and I was also blessed when you shared about your Love and commitment for your wife, how wonderful also that the simple Joys in life bring you so much pleasure to you, as does your Photography bring pleasure to many.

I have missed you dear friend but have been having major Computer problems, it is still in being serviced so I’m using another one, I tried to visit you but your Blog was distorted like some others and I’m unable to leave a Like on most Blogs to encourage those who Post but there are other ways and one is a smillie and well wishes, you often bring a smile to my face and Ron’s too, thank you and may God bless you greatly :-D :-D :-D

Christian Love from both of us – Anne.

What a wonderful share and with the soccer pictures to match too… I can tell your son was having a good old time… The memories will linger and that delicious food too. Yum! ;-)

36. petit4chocolatier says:

Beautiful day and a beautiful post! Love the chicken, tart and eggnog!

37. gourmandchic says:

Just wonderful. I think I feel like a part of your family already. Ha ha ha

38. Judy says:

I love your photos of your son’s game! They are truly enjoyable! The shot of your son getting ready to kick the ball is awesome. We’ve all been there! Early Saturday mornings, summer evenings! Cold benches in the fall, hard benches in the gym….cheering our kids on. To me, it’s a special part of being a parent, and as an adult, the kids remember that you were there for them. (even though it’s sometimes hard on the backside!) The clouds were amazing that day. A dream background, hanging over the lovely memories you were making. Keep on shootin’!! Your posts touch my heart, IT.

39. Angelia Sims says:

This is so sweet! They grow up way too fast and it is so important to embrace these memories in every way possible. Love the sky in these photos. It makes me think the whole world is happy in your moment.

What a great sky, indeed. It can make us happy. Thanks for sharing.

41. The Hook says:

Youve been blessed, my friend. Thanks for sharing.

42. Love the skies in these shots! Very well captured and great with the low angle.

43. Beautiful post! Sometimes it’s the little things in life that bring that mean the most. It’s wonderful that you treasure your time with your. The photos are just stunning with the clouds. Thanks for sharing!!! Have a fantastic weekend!!! ~Sophia

This is superb and inspiring! What special times to remember.
    The action photos of your son are stunning! Very well done!

45. Colline says:

Spending time with my family always seems to renew my spirit – especially when I see my children enjoy their moment to the fullest.

46. Sorry for the delayed responses. I’m currently with my sister’s family for Thanksgiving. Wishing everyone the joys and beautiful events of this holiday.

Wow & WOW! Great game photos…love the way the sky looks! I got renewed just looking at them…& the final touch…longing for a drop of the Southern Comfort eggnog!!! You betcha! Woo! <3

48. To my blogger friends, your comments, posts and generous support renews me everyday. Wishing you all days of beautiful sunshine and an overflowing of inspiration, joy and blessings.

49. munchow says:

Great pictures. I particularly like the first one, the little boy playing soccer on the big field and under a big, big sky. Wonderfully captured. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend.

50. rommel says:

That shot of the ball in the air with a sky like that…. Darn amazing action shot!

51. Pingback: #192: Blog of the Year/Featured Blogs Highlights/Ventura, California « The Sophomore Slump

Wow! The image of the cloud is like super jet!!!! :D Amazing!