I Am Thankful For…

Less than two more months, year 2012 will be another memory. Before this year ends, lets take time to thank the people who made a difference in our lives. People who stood with us during our toughest battles. People who despite of everything remained loyal, caring and generous. People who made us smile, laugh and feel hopeful that tomorrow will be a better day. People who helped us pick up the pieces after the storm and gave us a reason to renew our faith. People who guided us back on the right path when we lost our way.

I Am Thankful For…

My wife, who is my partner in all things. Who stood patiently, lovingly at my side during my worst. Who didn’t give up on me when I have failed. Who forgave me when I caused her heartaches and headaches. Who shared my deepest fears and pains when everyone else seemed to have forgotten. Who offered her love unconditionally and remained my best friend till this very day.

Thank you for all these and more. Thank you for everything and anything you shared with me from the day we met. Thank you for choosing me despite of knowing I can’t give you the stars. Stars I promise to gaze and dream with you till the end of time.

Thank you for nurturing our son with so much love. For patiently preparing him for school each morning and teaching him lessons in life that will mold him into a good person we both hope him to be.

My son, who showed me a world I long forgotten.  An exciting, fun world full of happiness, fun, adventure and possibilities. A world where I am free to be myself, to laugh, to create, to be silly and still be cool at the same time. A world where I can be a superhero in his eyes and save the day.

Thank you for giving meaning and purpose to my life. Thank you for giving me and your mom a joy beyond compare. Thank you for letting us be a part of your everyday stories. Stories where magic is real and dreams come true with happy endings.

We’re Having “Tiktu” On Thanksgiving

Yesterday, my son made this as part of our Thanksgiving celebration. He was trying to spell the words the way he saw them in his 7-year old mind. I will translate them to the best of my knowledge.

He wrote: First me and mom and dad and sister and brother we went to HEB. We went to buy a Tiktu (Turkey). We went to the car and we went home. We got the tiktu (Turkey) out of the car and we put it in the oven. We ate the tiktu (Turkey).

This morning he made a Tiktu cut out and wrote the things he is thankful for.

He wrote, ” I am thankful for…I am thankful for helping. I am thankful for cleaning my house. I am thankful for house. I am thankful for my mom and my dad.”

Though his writing was simple and has lots of grammatical errors, he showed with pureness and sincerity what being thankful truly means. I smiled with a warm, joyful feeling in my heart knowing he values me and his mom. That he acknowledge the love and bond we shared with him everyday.

My parents, my siblings, my wife’s family who continue to generously give their love, support and prayers even if we are already in a foreign country away from their physical presence. Thank you for inspiring me and my wife to soar above hardships and challenges. Thank you for helping us believe that life has something better, brighter, happier to offer at each destination of our journey .

To my family, thank you for giving me the wings to fly and reach for my dreams. Thank you too for spreading your arms to catch me with each fall . I will always be grateful and cherish each generous gesture you all gave me through the years.

My God, who showed me his love, mercy and faithfulness again and again. Thank you for always being there for me and my family. In the moments when we felt all alone, you became our constant friend, giving us comfort and hope. Thank you for making us realize that there is so much goodness around us. That light can overcome darkness. That joy can replace pain and tears. That peace can prevail during times of chaos.

My blogger friends, who constantly inspire me to follow my passion to write and capture life’s moments. Thank you for each visit, “like” and encouraging comment. Thank you for sharing your beautiful world through your posts day after day. Thank you for your patience when I can’t catch up. Thank you for simply being there making me feel that I will never be alone in my blogging journey.

This week’s Image of Life is everything that “I am thankful for.” If we are to look deeper and count all our blessings, we need several blog posts to list most of them.

Wishing everyone a memorable Thanksgiving holiday among family and friends. A Thanksgiving event that is all about celebrating the people who are important in our lives.

Today, discover the inspiring world of these blogger friends.

alwaysbobswife of  http://alwaysbobswife.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/weekly-image-of-life-create/

Francine of  http://francineinretirement.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/weekly-image-of-life-create/

Deepa of  http://perceptionsofareluctanthomemaker.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/weekly-image-of-life-create/

Lisa of  http://playamart.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/creative-alternatives-for-home-security/

The Guat of  http://thewishfactor.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/weekly-image-of-life-create/

Doris of  http://goomfh.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/weekly-image-of-life-create/

CanadianTravelBugs of  https://canadiantravelbugs.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/introducing-weekly-photo-themes-x4/

Gemma of  http://firstandfabulous.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/weekly-image-of-life-create/

Patricia of  http://lifeofaministermom.com/2012/11/14/weekly-image-of-life-create/

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget. Have a great time making wonderful memories.

Images taken using an iPhone 4 camera with Camera + App.

This entry was posted in Inspiration, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

110 Responses to I Am Thankful For…

if only your wife would lend you out on loan…you have such a wonderful way with words that shows how much you care…most men, including my husband, would never dare to be so bold as to openly declare how much he cared…..well done my dear friend

• Thanks Patrecia. When I was younger, I dread being vocal but now that age is catching up, I try to care less of my comforts and hope to say more, do more before I am out of time. I don’t want to wake up one day with so many ” what if’s.” take care.

2. I’m thankful for the opportunity of being alive till today even as I countdown to my wedding. Thankful that I have eyes and can see to type this words right now and also to see this beautiful pictures you’ve put up. Thankful for getting to meet even if its on the net, a great and optimistic person like you and thankful for all the blessings money cannot buy. The Lord is good!

• The Lord is good and generous indeed. He created the world with kind and loving people like you who shares a joy that we all can enjoy and find inspiration from. God bless you and your husband to be with all the happiness today and forever.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family.

4. masadiso79 says:

Thank you for the wonderful things that you share with us. Thank you for including me in your beautiful post. Thank you for blogging with wordpress so that I met you! :)

• The honor and joy is mine to have a blogger family like you who shares generously and accepts unconditionally. One of the main reasons I love blogging. Have a great day my friend.

5. munchow says:

A post full of passion and compassion. You always writes so beautifully about your family and what it means to you. Love is coming through in every word you write. Thanks for another beautiful post. And may you and your family have a lovely Thanksgivings Day, too.

• Thanks Bro. Family is everything. If not for them, I don’t know what I would do. They give me reasons and sense of purpose. This week, I was blessed to be with my sis in CT for Thanksgiving. I have not see her in person for 6 years.

Ahh lovely and super photos too :-)

7. scrapydo says:

Thank you to you for being a blog friend too. You mean a lot to me just like a brother I never had,

I had forgotten it was Thanksgiving this weekend. What a beautiful way to celebrate it, with you and your lovely family. God bless and keep you all.

9. shoes says:

I like your son’s thank you “tiktu”. :-) Very sweet, simple, and true.

10. Beautiful. Heartwarming. Your posts always touch me. Thank YOU!
    I retired from teaching first grade/kindergarten this past June. Because of this I read your son’s note easily. Haha. No translation needed. Children’s writings are like a foreign language. If you’re around them enough, you start to ‘get it’. Take my word for this: you will call that tasty gobbler ‘tiktu’ for many years. Hope to be back with a post :-). If not, i wish you and yours a happy, blessed, fun-filled Thanksgiving.

• I’m starting to decipher the hidden magical words. Fun and exciting. Simple yet shares a joy that only comes from a child’s playful imagination. I’m honored to meet you, a teacher who taught all of us the basics of life. Happy Thanksgiving!

11. thirdeyemom says:

This is so beautiful but you never disappoint! You have a lot to be thankful for. Thank you for sharing your beautiful voice with us!

12. As always, this is a beautiful post, and I loved seeing your sweet son’s scribbles written from his heart. I loved the turkey hand and everything that makes him unique!
    Thanks!
    Z

13. barb19 says:

A heartwarming and beautiful post, my friend.

14. hi IT, much love is written in the spaces between the words and lines you wrote … the thought and message tug so deep, they leave a beautiful imprint of love and gratitude.

your kindness and encouragement have inspired me to continue to write and share them to the blogging world, i did a little token of thank you by mentioning you in this post: http://alwaysbobswife.wordpress.com/2012/11/17/a-tug-in-my-heart-that-hopefully-tugs-yours/ … again, it is a small merit to your inspiration. Maraming Salamat, kaibigan!

Indeed there is so much to be thankful for. There is nothing like a loving family to come home to day in and day out.

16. Thank you for an inspirational post that made me give thought to those that I am grateful for. You are blessed and have blessed us with these beautiful thoughts!

17. Cara Olsen says:

This is an incredibly lovely post . . .

As you moved through your list of “I am thankful for,” I found myself silently agreeing for the same things: for a spouse who has seen me at my darkest and is always willing to walk me toward the Light; for a God who never gives up on me, who is near and involved, always.

Thank you for sharing your gladness with us.

~ Cara

• Thanks Cara. In a way, we go through our darkest to realize how it is worth every pain to reach the light we longed for. Our family, friends and the God who was and is always there keeps us rejoicing day after day. Happy Thanskgiving to you and your family.

Thank you so much for writing loving, inspiring, encouraging, and beautiful posts. Thank you for sharing your passion with us. Wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving. IT!

19. Jenn says:

I came across your blog through another.. what can I say but that your posts are filled with love, life, emotion and such beauty :) thankyou so very much for sharing your beautiful world :)

20. friendlytm says:

Thank you for such a beautiful post. My warmest wish to you and your family. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Your post are always so inspiring and from the heart. What a lovely family you are, and your son is just too cute. I love his gratitude Tiktu. Have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving week.

22. Colline says:

I wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving.

23. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: What I’m Thankful For … « The Wish Factor

Hey great pics! I’m really loving the first one … the black and white with your wife in the background. Very cool. I enjoyed the picture of your son’s turkey too. Very nice. :) Hoping you have a great Thanksgiving, my friend … sending you some great vibes … all the way from So. Cal.

Here’s my take on your challenge. Hope you get a laugh and hope you enjoy :)

25. masadiso79 says:

Dearest thismansjourney, Good morning! Today I was happily surprised to find out that I was nominated by a fellow blogger for the “Very Inspiring Blogger” Award. This involves some kind of participation (as you probably already know)! One of the things I had to do was to propose 15 bloggers for the same award. Truth is, that I thought of you immediately, because the way you talk about things and the love that one can feel through your blog is intense! So, there you go my friend! Participate! http://goomfh.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/728/ This is a link to my page, where you will find the instructions! Thank you for being such an inspiration to me! :)

26. TBM says:

It is amazing how much saying thank you means to the speaker and the recipient. We often get so caught up in life we forget the simple things that mean the most.

27. A very touching gratitude list. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

28. Thank you for reminding me that it is Thanksgiving this week…I always thought Thanksgiving in the USA was the last week of November. However, it is everyday that we should find at least one aspect of our lives that we are thankful for. I also like the picture of your son’s turkey, it brought back (long time ago) memories of doing this type of project when I was in the classroom.

29. gelaikuting says:

Happy thanksgiving :) This is a very touching post :)

30. I am thankful to have such inspiring writers as yourself to keep me firmly grounded in what is truly important. I always walk away from reading your posts with a nice feeling about the day.

• Thank you. Same here. It’s amazing what positive and happy thoughts can do for others. We had so much trials for 2012 but the good ones overshadowed the bad. That hope is always there.

31. Pingback: I Am Thankful For… | Simply Charming

First, may you and your loved ones have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving Day…I do hope you get a day off from work!! Second, thank you again and again for all you do here…NO, you do not get a day off from blogging! Haha, just scaring you! I think we should change this holiday to your son’s version…cheers to Tiktu Day!! It is even easier and shorter to spell! Okay, here is my contribution: Top Five Inventions…ever so grateful…http://wp.me/p1RzUf-1Kb
    Seriously, I do hope you have the day off from work on Tiktu Day. :)

• Love the top 5 inventions. Something I am grateful too. I am now in CT for thanksgiving thus I’d been out of the blogging circuit. I will catch up though soon with passion . Prepare! Ha, ha, ha. Happy Thanksgiving.

• Sunshine says:

Well, I do hope you had some Thanksgiving time off, Island T.! :)

There is so much to be thankful for…hard to narrow it down to just a handful.

I am thankful for your support. Thanks a million!!!!!!

33. Arindam says:

First of all, let me thank you bro, for making our days brighter and making us realize that we need to treasure each moment of our lives, we need to thankful for all the good things life give us. You are a wonderful person bro, your words and pictures are always beautiful, true and heart touching. May you get many more reasons to be thankful for in coming days bro. Wishing you and your wonderful family a happy thanks giving.

34. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: I Am Thankful For | The Serenity Space

35. Beautiful and inspiring post sir! Sometimes to be thankful all we need to do is look around and count our blessings. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

36. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: I Am Thankful For… « Life of a Minister Mom

37. lifeofaministermom says:

First let me begin by saying how grateful I am for you, your blogging talent, the pictures and stories you share, and our friendship!! Everything you do and say is done with love, and that’s what it’s all about! I am thankful for life, health and strength, and for the newest addition to our family! http://lifeofaministermom.com/2012/11/20/weekly-image-of-life-i-am-thankful-for/

God bless you and have a wonderful wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Patricia

• Thanks Patricia. That means a lot to me. This are the very reasons we celebrate days of joy and gratefulness. You and your beautiful family are a blessing to us all. You have a heart filled with love and faith.

38. Patti Kuche says:

And thank you IT for your continued generosity in your words and pictures which are always so full of love, hope, joy and compassion! My best wishes to you and your family (your little boy is growing up!) for Thanksgiving and beyond!

39. A lovely and memorable post. Thanksgiving is such a beautiful occasion for it requires us to get of the high horse of self aggrandisement and makes us embrace an attitude of gratitude. An attitude which holds the power to transform this world like nothing else can.

God Bless

Shakti

• Thanks Shakti. Thanksgiving do remind us of what a grateful heart can do and how much this world needs it. People tend to forget that material things only gives transient gratification but kindness goes a long , long way. God bless.

Thank you, dear IT, for this post. Reading it today helped me a lot to focus on the things I can be thankful for rather than dwell on something that made me rather upset today.

• I too have my moments where I get upset , even angry but the people and events reminds that instead of looking at the bad, I should look on the good. It humbles me everytime. Thanks.

• auntyuta says:

I think you’re right, rather than dwell on the things that I think are bad, I should try to find something good in all the confusion. For instance, I like things to be kept simple. Today’s technology makes often things much too complicated for me. However without the advancements in technology I wouldn’t be on the computer right now, would I? So I see there is something to be grateful for!

41. Sartenada says:

It is important to be thankful. Great photos.

42. Pingback: I am thankful for… | Thirdeyemom

43. thirdeyemom says:

Beautiful. Thanks for inspiring me and happy thanksgiving!

44. That was one breathtaking post full of blessings. Thank you.

45. rommel says:

Ow, your son’s “Thankful for” list is adorable. He picked the simple things in life. What a soul! Thank you, IT for being a blogging friend. Happy Thanksgiving!

46. Tammy says:

Beautiful photos this week. Love the first one of your wife.

47. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Thankful | Perceptions of a reluctant Homemaker

48. deepa says:

Happy Thanksgiving week, my friend! It is a time for us to count our blessings and be thankful!

49. Hi island traveler, one of my Pen names is Melodyanne , I had to use it now because, the Hackers have blocked all ways for us to access Freedomborn our Blog, they have also crashed my Computer two times. WordPress are not answering when I write but perhaps they are not getting my communication. One thing I know for sure God always has the Victory and evil begets evil, so sadly they will reap what they sow but please pray as I will do that they will come to heart repentance, it is not God’s will anyone suffers eternally, it is their choice, Truth only causes concern when we are in error, if they have fear of The Truth we share and so seek to stop us Blogging, it is because they are fearful and deceived or if it’s for power or money or even revenge, they will find as God tells us, when people hurt His redeemed Children they bring their own punishment. Although the Police are aware we will seek no revenge but will look for a new way to stay in touch with all our American Christian friends.

We were blessed and enjoyed the times we shared island traveler and will keep in touch with you by e-mail as I’m not sure if you will receive this comment, I will let you know about our new Blog or if we continue with Freedomborn on WordPress, take Care till then and God bless you and your Loved ones greatly.

Christian Love from both of us – Anne ( Melodyanne)

• Sorry to hear that my friend. It is a very frustrating and painful event to have you blog site hacked. I just hope you get to store all your previous posts. They are priceless. Keep me updated of your new blog site or if the old one had been cleared of its problems. God watches and I know he has something even better in store for you. God bless you and Ron.

There is plenty to be thankful for and wishing you and yours lots of love for the rest of the year.
    ¸.•*¨*•.♪♫♫♪May your week ahead be filled with thankful moments! .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ♥˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜”

51. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Rekindle The Joy | this man's journey

52. Pingback: Weekly Image Of Life: Rekindle The Joy | this man's journey

53. dearrosie says:

What a beautiful post IT. You really know how to be thankful. I’m sure your wife is thanking you back with as much love as you gave her here.
    I LOVE your son’s story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I’m delighted to learn that you spent Thanksgiving with your sister and her family. Six years is much too long a time not to have seen her.

I know this doesn’t belong in a comment connected to being Thankful but I’m shocked and saddened – I can’t think of an appropriate word to express my dismay – to read in melodyintheheart’s comment (just above mine) that her blog was hacked and she can’t get into it or do anything about it. My goodness that is awful.

• I was also sadden how people can be so evil and unfeeling . What they did to Anne and Ron was unbelievable. I felt their heartache knowing how much passionate they are about their blog and the heart they give into it. They shared so much and inspired me in so many ways.I hope they will be able to make a new blog site soon and pray that they will overcome the pain of this event. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

54. swozy says:

You know, we don’t have Thanksgiving in Australia, but if we did, I would be grateful for all the same things as you.

We are so blessed and yet we seldom take time to acknowledge it.

Thank you for reminding me!

• Thanks Swozy. I agree. A lot of times we dwell on the bad and negative stuff forgetting that just being alive, of having a great health and yes, a family to love us and be at our side are more than enough to be grateful everyday .

55. elleturner4 says:

Hi! What a beautifully eloquent blog. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for visiting my blog and the like. :)

56. The Hook says:

You’ve truly been blessed my friend.

57. seeker says:

Thanksgiving is over but every day is thanks giving day and I thank you for stopping by at my site. Have a Blessed Merry Christmas with you and your loved ones.