Happy Holidays

The Holiday Season Is Here

The vibrant joys and excitement of the holiday spirit can be seen and felt everywhere. Stores are dazzling with colors of red, green and cold. Christmas trees of every shape and height adorned with all the wonderful decors and lights sparkle like stars on a festive Winter’s night. Smell of Apple, Cinnamon, Pine Tree and Peppermint lingers in the air making us remember happy events in our lives. When I turn on the radio, I hear the Christmas songs I used to sing as a child.  Warm, merry, delightful songs filled with beautiful memories. Memories I hope and pray I will never forget. Happy memories that inspires me to create new ones with my family year after year.

IMG_1296

This holiday season I hope to make lots of fun and joyful events with my family. We started off by visiting the Santa Village at BassPro Shop. My son wanted to mail his “Wish List” letter at Santa’s mailbox in person.

DSC_2087

We met some fascinating creatures along the way. One of them was a talking reindeer. I wasn’t sure if it was Rudolph because his nose wasn’t red. May be it glows when it’s dark or when he flies with the sleigh.

DSC_2074

With met some elves. I had to thank them for the cool toys they make for the kids around the world. Before I could finish thanking one of the elves, he fell and landed on the soft snow. Oops! Had to help him first before giving him a hint of my son’s dream toy.

IMG_1295

Before leaving, my son got to play some of the hottest toys this Christmas. His favorite was the Air Hunter Z-Curve Bow. He also enjoyed the Air Hogs NASCAR cars and  Ford Raptor Truck. I was surprised he didn’t ask me to add them on his wish list. Lucky me!

IMG_1298

I called my son, “Hey, it’s time to go.” He replied, “Where are we going?” I smiled at him and said, “It’s a surprise.” We bought some Caramel Pecans before leaving the store. They were delicious!

Christmas Tree Lighting Festival At Pearland Town Center

We arrived at the town center just in time. We lined up for some free Santa flashlights. My son got excited when he saw a few of his old friends. I had to chase him several times when he started running around with his buddies.

IMG_1331

We saw the Grinch. He was actually very friendly and smiled eagerly for the camera.

IMG_1762

We also saw an Elf standing on sticks juggling bowling pins. He was a jolly talented fella.

IMG_1764

Even if it doesn’t snow in Texas, a snow slope was created for the kids so they can have a taste of Winter’s fun and magic. My son braved the slippery stairs to try it out. As soon as he stood up after he slid down the slope he said, “Mom, dad, that was awesome. Can I do it again?”

IMG_1763

The crowd cheered when an announcement was made that Santa has arrived. I looked around but didn’t see any signs of him. Then a spot light beamed towards the roof of the activity center. One by one, the reindeers went down using a rope. Then finally, it was Santa’s turn. The crowd’s cheered even louder. My son ran towards the front isle hoping to catch Santa.

IMG_1770

IMG_1765

IMG_1766

The town’s mayor excitedly told everyone, “It’s time.” There was a brief silence as everyone looked at the Christmas Tree. Then a jubilant cheer followed with clapping of hands as the tree was lit up by hundreds of brilliant, flashing lights. It was beautiful.

On the way home, the radio was playing some Christmas tunes. This time singing with me was my son. I’m glad we all went home feeling that indescribable joys and warmth of the holidays. Tomorrow, another Christmas adventure awaits us. We will be revisiting Dickens On The Strand in Galveston Texas. I just love the holiday blessings!

IMG_1768

IMG_1771

In the spirit of joy that Christmas brings, this week’s Image of Life is titled “Happy Holidays.”

Thank you for sharing your day with me. I hope you create a happy and memorable holiday this year for yourself and your family. May it light up your heart in the most meaningful and inspiring way just like a fully lighted Christmas Tree.

Happy Holidays to all.

What’s does the holidays mean to you? What was that happy holiday event you wish to remember and recreate all over again?

Discover the inspiring world of these blogger friends.

Jenni of  http://lifeschoolinc.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/weekly-image-of-life-boundless-joy/

Masadiso79  http://goomfh.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/weekly-image-of-life-rekindle-the-joy/

Jenn of  http://the-serenity-space.com/2012/11/29/weekly-image-of-life-rekindle-the-joy/

Patricia of  http://lifeofaministermom.com/2012/11/30/weekly-image-of-life-rekindle-the-joy/

The Guat of  http://thewishfactor.wordpress.com/2012/12/01/weekly-image-of-life-rekindle-the-joy/

For those who wish to join in this week’s challenge, here’s a link and the widget. Have a great time making magical holiday memories.

Images taken using an iPhone 4 camera with Camera + App and  Nikon 1 J1.

This entry was posted in 31 Days Of Christmas, Weekly Image Of Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

93 Responses to Happy Holidays

1. Special, special memories for your son, family. My heart was warmed reading, looking at your photos…. like coming in from the cold, standing in front of a cozy, warm fireplace. It did my heart good to see this. Granny Gee/Gloria :))) Just beautiful….

• Thanks my friend. This is what I hope to capture during the holidays. Not the crazy shopping or the extravagant buying of stuff. Christmas is about sharing a joy among friends and family. To give a kind gesture or simply to make others feel rememvered and special.

2. Awwww….this whole post and your fantastic pictures brought a tear to my eye! I thoroughly enjoy following your journey. :)

How wonderful holiday. It must be happy for you and your family. Have a great day!

4. SimplySage says:

Beautiful! Didn’t know Bass Pro did such a wonderful thing!

5. SimplySage says:

Here’s my first Happy Holiday one. I’ll work on getting the proper tags. I’m also trying my best to post a photo a day in December following #FMSphotoaday theme. She has a one word theme for each day. We’ll see if I can keep up. Such inspiration I find from you all!

wonderful..it makes Christmas feel very close..thank you my friend and Bless You always

7. Donna says:

Looks like your son had tons of fun! Merry Christmas and may His blessings continue for you and your family!

8. Most holidays are family-centered and call us to come together to celebrate. The winter holidays are about the surprise on a child’s face, the wonder on a child’s face, the anticipation in a child’s mind. It’s about how we give to other and not just objects–the giving of ourselves to bring joy to others. The last image is especially symbolic of that awe and wonder that children can feel. In our chaotic world such holidays take us to another place. Thanks for another post about your love for your family.

• Thanks Sally. Children reminds us of what it is to truly be happy with all your heart and to awed with the simplest of things. This is so true, “It’s about how we give to other and not just objects–the giving of ourselves to bring joy to others.” Have a blessed holidays….

9. I hope you had a wonderful time on the Strand! This weekend, my husband and I attended the first of some Christmas concerts. I love the music at this time of year. There were sing-a-longs and classics that only a well trained choir could sing.

• Thanks Georgette. Now you just gave me an idea. I think I should attend a Christmas concert atleast once this year with my family. Looks like an amazing family tradition to do every Christmas. God bless.

10. starlight says:

i love the last photo.. so wonderful :)

11. Pingback: Christmas Gift Suggestions « SimplySage

12. jennifermaki says:

What a splendid, holiday-cheer-spreading, post. Your joy for this journey, for this life, for your family and friends and the community you have inspired here, is so genuine and empowering. Thank you again, for finding us at LifeSchool Inc. You delight us. Happy Cheer Spreading. I’ll have some pics n’ post for the week soon:) j

Merry Christmas and the most happy holidays to you and your family :)

14. Colline says:

What a fun way to spend time with your son. I am sure he will hold those memories close to his heart as he grows up.

“Memories are made of this.” :) What a wonderful time your son must have had. So much to see and lots of exciting activities too. Love your photos. That poor elf with his head buried in the snow, made me LOL. The photo of your son posting his letter, is adorable. :D

16. Beautiful memories! This is what your son will remember when he grows up – we can all create beautiful memories of precious time spend together!
    Wonderful post :-)

Very special and the last photo is just so touching.

18. Cara Olsen says:

I love Christmas. No, really, a lot. I admit that I still cling to my childhood Christmas memories — they are much more grand than the ones I have accumulated in adulthood. Still, I have often told my husband that I am not ready to share Christmas with a child because I still want it for me. Selfish, I know, but the loving man I am bound to reminds me that sharing it with our child, should we ever be so blessed, would only enhance our love and appreciation for the season, not diminish it. Seeing this through your pictures is a great reminder of this. The look on your little boy’s face and how obviously excited he is to be in the midst of magic and whim is contagious!

Cara

• I love Christmas a lot too. Best holiday of the season for me. Happy memories are rekindled and new ones made that makes whatever problems we had for year 2012 seem to vanish. Wishing you and your family all the blessings of the holidays.

19. wolke205 says:

I love Christmas and the time before. All the beautiful lights everywhere, the spirit of Christmas is in the air..wonderful :) Have a blessed Holiday Season :) By the way, last year I asked on my blog for special Christmas memories. This year I would like to know which is your fav Christmas song :)

Hugs, take care :)

• My favorite Christmas song “Silent Night, Holy Night.” A bit sad tune but somehow it shares the pureness of Christmas including its hopes, dreams and the joy we all wish to have. Happy Holidays my friend. Thanks.

20. Indira says:

Everyday is like Sunday to us now and everyday is holiday. But when working it was different. Your lovely photos reminded of those days. You write so earnestly, and enjoy holiday with your family it touches us also. God bless you. Have a very happy and memorable day. Post some more photos.

21. Pingback: WEEKLY IMAGE OF LIFE: HAPPY HOLIDAYS « Francine In Retirement

• Thank you Francine. I truly felt the joys of the holidays in the post. Love the jolly Santas around the world and their stories. It brings out that little child in all of us. In the Philippines we are passionate about Christmas. December is like a month long holiday of merry making. Rich or poor, each one tries to capture the essence of Christmas which is giving, loving and just simply being happy. We would exchange gifts with family and friends, attend an early dawn mass a few weeks before Christmas, visit the Nativity scene called “Belen” on Christmas eve, have “Noche Buena” which is a family celebration of great food and fun activities. Happy Holidays my friend!

There is nothing like watching the joy of a child watching the wonders of the holidays. Your photos gave us that joy. Here is my entry for the challenge. http://wp.me/p23TG1-1KK

23. cobbies69 says:

fabulous post and memory for all. ;)

So lovely to have a child to share the joy of Christmas with- it brings out the child in you! Beautiful post. What a great way for Santa and the reindeer to arrive. I’ve barely just started to think about Christmas, but I do have WordPress snow on my website!

25. These photos are absolutely gorgeous! I hope to be back with some holiday cheer.

26. bebs1 says:

Your son is very lucky that he’s got parents who really make the time to make each day memorable. I believe too in making memories rather than just giving plain gifts which can be set aside after they’re opened or they tire of it.

• Thanks Bebs. My parents gave me and my sisters the most amazing Christmas filled with love, fun, joy, and lots of delicious foods. They showed us that Christmas is about celebrating family and our faith. They were right.

Yes, do have a great celebration with your family. A child views Christmas with such innocence. All the ills we deplore are totally lost on them—the commercialism, the desperation of retailers, the overindulgence with food and drink that goes on, the sadness of those who can’t afford to give their children something special. To our young kids, it’s still magical. Enjoy these years while they last.

• Thank you. Children do really make Christmas magical. They help us remember its pureness and not what the commercial world has turned it to be. I remember being at happiest as a kid during this holiday season. How I wish we all can have that similar feeling year after year. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Beautiful photos of Christmas!! :D
    The green alien Santa looked so angry! He is coming to town to scare kids. Haha! :D

29. angrygaijin says:

Santa came in through the roof!!

Haha, that’s the Grinch all right. Pretty mean looking guy! But if he treated you all well enough, then I guess he’s ok in my book. :) He did learn his lesson after all, eh?

Safe travels! Merry Christmas!

30. Arindam says:

Bro, you are having a wonderful time with your son. I visited your blog for the first time, during this time last year and it’s wonderful that you have not changed yet. You are still the same person, who value family and happiness of your family members a lot. Wishing you lot more happiness, peace and togetherness during this festive season of the year. :)

31. oh, to look through a child’s eye….

32. Pingback: FOR THE GREAT FEAST « MY WALL

33. Imelda says:

It sounded like a fun experience. You just provided your son with magical memories.

Meanwhile, I am glad to be able to participate in this party. The photo was from the Lighting of our City’s Green a few days ago. :-) http://mywordwall.wordpress.com/2012/12/04/for-the-great-feast/

34. Thank you Imelda. Love the party mix idea. The holidays should be fun with lots or merriment. Christmas is a magical time to once again renew our faith, to witness the birth of our Saviour, to feel the love and generosity among family and friends. Beautiful post. Happy Holidays. God bless.

35. A beautiful holiday adventure you had :) Love the Christmas tree! So huge, colourful and sparkling… just like December! Happy holidays!

36. Pingback: BLESSED « Francine In Retirement

I have nominated you for the Blog of the Year 2012 Award. See it here:

38. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Happy Holidays (Jesus is the Reason!!) « Life of a Minister Mom

39. munchow says:

There is nothing quite like celebrating the Christmas time as with kids. For me Christmas is more than anything the kids’ event. It was for me when I was I kid myself, and today I celebrate through and with my kids. Even though they are passed the stage when they believe in Santa Claus, they still enjoy all the fun related to Christmas. Thank you for sharing this family day with us – as always it’s a post full of passion and love.

• Thanks. Christmas is about giving and being happy like a child does. Pure and grateful. My son too reminds me of what this holiday is all about and to for a moment recapture the joys of my childhood which is a priceless gift anyone can ever receive. Wishing you and your family all the joyful blessings this holiday season and everyday.

40. lifeofaministermom says:

Wow, what fun!! I’m sure you have amazing traditions in your house for the holidays!! Our tree is up and the Christmas spirit has officially set in. Jesus is the reason!! :)

• Thank you Patricia. That was a post make by a heart of love and faith. The greatest gift we all received during Christmas is the birth of Jesus. Your post reminded of how Christmas was growing up in the Philippines. It was simple yet full of meaning. We would put up a Belen which was a Nativity scene and wait for the 25th so we can go to church and celebrate his coming. Then we would share a delicious late dinner and give each other our exchange gifts. Nothing fancy but it all came from the heart. Nowadays, it tends to get lost with the blaring of consumerism. But it’s never too late to truly have a meaningful holidays. Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family. God bless my friend.

41. clarbojahn says:

Reblogged this on Clarbojahn's Blog and commented:
    This is what I hope for your holiday season. “Happy Holidays”
    PEACE and HUGS to All OF YOU!! :)

42. clarbojahn says:

This was such a beautiful post, I reblogged it on my own blog. Thanks so much!! :)

43. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Happy Holidays | The Serenity Space

• Thank you for sharing these, “Despite everything, it is always a magickal time of year. No matter where we are, or what age we are. And yes I will still wake early.” If I can make I wish for you, I wish that you wake up on Christmas morning your kids around you. I know how it feels to celebrate Christmas for the first time or even more without the people you shared so many happy Christmases of opening gifts, sharing food, just being merry in all its pureness. What matters now is that celebrate Christmas in our hearts. That our loves ones, even if there are far from us will always feel the joy and warmth of this beautiful event. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

There is something abut having kids around that makes it such fun…. Your pictures were heartwarming. :-)

45. Thanks Liz. Children makes this season truly merry and bright!

46. Pingback: Really needs to be rekindled in our hearts. | Transient Reflections

47. Love your photos, it’s fun to take kids out during Christmas, their always so excited and happy about everything, the lights, the toys, the trees, music. Fun to look at them and just reminisce about past Christmases :)

48. Pingback: Welcome | All Things Christmas

49. Pingback: Weekly Image of Life: Happy Holidays « The Wish Factor

You’ve got a lot of Christmas Spirit going on here. And I love the way you think. I too get inspired to create happy memories for my kids. I hope they remember though :) We have yet to go to a tree lighting … but that’s definitely on the list! Great pictures my friend! Full of the Christmas spirit most definitely :)

Here’s my little addition to your challenge hope you enjoy.

51. Patti Kuche says:

What wonderful fun for you all. Your son is bound to inherit a treasure bank of rich and wonderful memories! Christmas greetings and best wishes to you all!