With Each Changing Seasons

Changing Of Seasons And The Stories They Bring

Changing of seasons gives me hope that better things will come my way. It also gives me that sense of excitement that new, magical and beautiful transformation are about to happen. Transformation that brings about excitement, fun and possibilities.

Island Traveler

With each season, I am also reminded that people change. Unfortunately, it is a change that is not all good all the time. Sadly, several people I know growing up changed. People that I considered as close friends and family changed. I changed.

Island Traveler

Island Traveler

Island Traveler

Island Traveler

Winter time is both sad and joyful moments for me. It is where Christmas happens and every time, nostalgic childhood past Christmases never fails to resurface. I could vividly see and remember how happy I was playing and exchanging stories with my childhood relatives. Relatives who I grew up with. Relatives who once I shared my hopes and dreams. Relatives whose face I could hardly remember today. Yes, people change. I just wish the good side of things and people doesn’t have to.

Island Traveler

Island Traveler

Change of seasons is also about hope and with that, I wish for my son to grow up knowing his cousins and creating a bond with them. I pray his generation will have a more meaningful relationship with his extended family than mine. A relationship that gets better and stronger as time passes by. I believe Christmas time is when wishes do come true and one of my wish is that one day, friends and family who drifted apart will set aside their pride and just forgive. Changing of seasons is about second chances. Chances we all should take before it’s too late.

Island Traveler

I wish for everyone all the happiness, love and peace with each change of seasons. Thank you for sharing your day with me. I hope you enjoyed my version of this Week’s Photo Challenge called “Changing Seasons. ” A blessed day to all.

This entry was posted in 31 Days Of Christmas, family, Inspiration, Life, Love, photography, Post A Week, Weekly Image Of Life, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to With Each Changing Seasons

1. Mazigrace says:

Wonderful photos and expression of your journey of seasons of change.

• Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed the post. Our journey thus have both the high and lows but how we choose to embrace the good and learn from the past mistakes makes the difference.

2. Another wonderful post. Each picture is perfect!

Christmas is a season of love, and sharing. And forgiveness too. Your post on changing seasons is perfect! Wishing you and your family love and peace.

• Thanks Angeline. Christmas is about love, family, giving, faith and forgiveness. Each one is a priceless gift to give and receive. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Wonderful and descriptive post on changing seasons. Thanks for sharing.

5. Colline says:

Such beautiful photos. Unfortunately extended families no longer seem to have the cohesion that they once had. People’s priorities have changed. But there is always hope that this will change. In the meantime your son will have a strong relationship with his parents and that counts for a lot.

• Thanks Colline. My hope too is that one day family will be more cohesive. In all honesty, what’s the point of having all the success in life if we don’t have that “family” to share it with. I witnessed extended families who despite of having less material stuff looked truly happy cause they have each other come what may.

• Colline says:

Seems to me that when people focus on attaining the material things in life, they forget what is truly important: the love of one’s family.

6. Indira says:

Beautiful photographs but the most attractive things are your write up to go with pics. Beautifully described. lovely post. Blessings.

7. Great photos. I can relate to your thoughts regarding drifting apart from extended family. We all change and grow. The hope always has been that family will accept you for who you are not who they want you to be. It’s been surprising to me how different political views have caused me to be pushed away from family that once was very close. Hoping the New Year brings us all closer to those we love.

• Thanks Barbara. Isn’t that sad that differences of ideas and dreams can make people who used to be that close drift apart? I just hope that this season and thereafter, there will be unity and forgiveness among family and friends. I think we will be happier if it does happens. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

8. bulldogsturf says:

Yes I did enjoy you post of changing season… lovely…

9. bluebrightly says:

A really wonderful post – the photos and the images together, and most of all the feelings. Thank you.

Such exciting pictures thank you…have WP not had a ‘go’ at your media library? I cannot use mine!

• Thanks . I think they just updated the media upload. I found out that you have to click the picture, then click edit and then a feature for editing pops up. Copy and paste the image url at the far right. Update me if it works.

11. TBM says:

Great post! I wish everyone changed for the better, but I’ve learned that not everyone does. All we can do is be the best we can be and show others by example. happy holidays.

• Thanks TBM. Unfortunately a few change from bad to worse. These few had a total change of heart and commited something so evil I can not imagine they could do it to their own flesh and blood. But God is good and he sees all. I pray that one day they will open there is to the severity of their acts before it’s too late. “Karma” is real and justice prevails in the end.

12. The combination of your visual journey and your commentary are apt reminders of how each of us interpret and view these themes from our interior and exterior lives. Mostly, I enjoy that your images are how you see your son’s view of the world. Thanks.

13. Thank you for including my blog post in yours. May your Christmas be filled with peace and family togetherness too.

14. A beautifully written post with beautiful photos!
    Wishing you and your family blessings and peace this holiday season.

15. munchow says:

As always the photos are so wonderful, small personal statements about your universe. The same could be said about the text. As for changes, I usually see them positively, like you say about the changes of the seasons – they bring about a new or second chance.

16. InaNutchell says:

In some respects your post was a happy one, and in others is was a bit sad. I think that the world over, families drift apart. But perhaps this has always happened, just that some families have a lot in common and others don’t.

Love your heartfelt thoughts expressed in this beautiful post. I hope all your wishes for your son and family do come true. Your photos are so perfect for the theme. :)

18. rommel says:

Brilliant write-up about change of seasons intertwined with change in general. IT, your word are oozing with inspiration and enlightenment every time. I think this is one of your best, most cohesive, complete summation of thought you’ve ever put together. Excellent read from a very excellent blogger.

19. I hope there is a ‘and they lived happily ever after’ moment. :-)

20. This is so very lovely! I smiled especially at the line, ” I just wish the good side of things and people doesn’t have to.” Amen, my friend. And God bless you and your family.

• Thank you. With sincerity, I hope that the good things can last forever, that includes the meaningful relationships we built through the years. God bless you always and your family.

AWESOME photos my friend. You have good archive of great moments. Always glad to stop by and check out your story through pictures. Great seasons for you and your family :)

What a lovely season. Everything brights. :)

23. Change–I thought I would never forget the names of classmates in a photo. I did. Who me? I really did. I thought the members of our wedding party would always be best friends. They moved and staying in touch is harder now–not the same as face to face fun. Yes, you have captured the ebb and flow of change like in your third picture. Space and time change.

• Thanks Georgette. I agree. When I was younger, I too remember classmates and buddies but now I could hardly remember half of them. I have not seen some of them like 20 years. Crazy right? Change happens everyday, every year, all the time. I just hope we change for the best. Merry Christmas my friend. God bless.

24. karlapr says:

Love this! You have a great simple way of stating things. And the photographs are terrific.

• Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed the post. Each one of the pictures is a reminder of a wonderful event. I think we all deserve to have as much of these, short as they may seem to feel inspired and motivated.

25. Arindam says:

Bro, I like that part of this post, where you mention that with change of season you experience change in people; and it’s not always good. And let me tell you, I too experience the same. But then every new season brings new hope, new dreams and new aspiration to us; which make our lives beautiful. Wishing you and your family Merry Christmas! May god bless you with lot more, happiness, success, peace and good health of your and your family members!

• Thanks Bro. I appreciate a lot the generous comment and the wonderful well wishes. I wish for you and your family love, peace, great health and happiness as well. Yes, change can be a good thing and I just hope we and the people around us change for something even better. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

26. Jo Bryant says:

you never disappoint me when i come here…another wonderful post
    I have something for you…no rule…take one, take all, take none…up to you

Blessings to you too. Your pictures are heartwarming and your son always puts a smile on my face… yes, a lot changes; especially people. Peace & Blessings! :-)

One of the picture looks like pop corn falling from the sky! :D I love it!
    Merry Christmas to you and to your family!

29. pix & kardz says:

a post from the heart. what a great Christmas wish, and the perfect photo images to go with it. that’s how it starts to come true – with one person wanting something, and giving voice to it. and then another, and another….

here’s taking the opportunity to send you and your family some Christas blessings.

30. Beautiful photos! Changing of seasons… ah seasons they form a lovely cycle, full of colours and hope!

31. May your wishes come true.

32. MikeP says:

Love this blog post… truly important observations on family and life. Second chances for sure and the hope for our children’s future.

33. Pingback: 2012 Blog of the Year Award « Canadiantravelbugs's Blog

34. Hey IT – I have nominated you for Blog of the Year. Come get the details over here:

I enjoyed this post very much. Where there’s joy there can also be sadness. where there’s good there can also be evil. To overcome evil with good this is what we as human beings are capable of; that doesn’t mean we can ever hope for a world where there’s only good. I read your following post, I couldn’t comment. I just felt too sad. May we all join in prayer to overcome sadness . . . .
    May we all find some joy in the Christmas Season despite all the sadness. We have to overcome darkness and turn towards the light.. In what kind of darkness must this shooter have been to resort to such evil? It is truly mind boggling, isn’t it?
    Thank you very much for your heartfelt writing. Much love and Season’s Greeting to you and your Family! Uta.

36. dearrosie says:

Another lovely post. Nice to see the black and white photo.