Tears And Tragedy Days Before Christmas

In a matter of days, a parent’s worst fear happened at two different parts of the world. Several days ago, a merciless typhoon Bopha hit Davao Oriental, New Bataan and surrounding communities in the Philippines causing death, fear, misery along its path. At the other side of the globe, 20 innocent kids and 6 adults lost their lives as a gun man went on a senseless shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Connecticut. Hundreds of families will never have the same Christmas ever again.

Photo by Karlos Manlupig/Associated Press.

It was a traumatic day for those who made it. This girl was in tears. It was a scary event that needs so much healing, answers, comforting and support for the years to come. Photo by Melanie Stengel/The New Haven Register/AP Photo.

Every child deserves to be happy. To smile and have that chance for a better life. A life where he/she feels safe, loved and well provided for.  The boy in the second photo is in tears when he should be smiling during the Christmas season. As we go about the joyful celebration of this holiday season, let us not forget that someone out there may never know what Christmas means this year. May we be able to share our blessings and give a gift of hope for those who needed them the most.

Photo by Ted Aljibe/AFP/Getty Images.

Carrying what’s left of his home. This boy took with him his treasured things that symbolizes his hopes and dreams in the midst of tragedy and chaos. A shoe to take him to places with a bit of comfort, a book that will help him finish his education so he can give himself and his family a better life, a family album that will remind him of the happy memories of the past, a past that will mold him into becoming the greatest person he could ever be and the image of the child Jesus called “Santo Nino,” which represents his faith that God will always be there to help him during the most difficult times. He taught me a priceless life lesson today. This boy’s story holds true in all of us who experienced an overwhelming crisis and hardship in our past, perhaps even today. During this time of darkness, we hang on to what we thing will give us the most courage and strength to find the light.   Photo by Ted Aljibe/AFP/Getty Images.

Let us light a candle and offer our prayers for them today and everyday for as long as it takes. What they are going through at the moment can not be describe in words but we can show them that they are in our thoughts and heart by helping them in what ever way we can. Here are several related articles about these tragic events and in some of them, it mentions agencies that we can reach to show them that we care.

Robbie Parker shares to the world the hopes and dreams of his beautiful daughter, Emily. Please check Emilie Parker Fund Facebook page and give our deepest respect and generous support (AP Photo/Emilie Parker Fund).

As we continue the usual glee and merriment of the Holidays, let us not forget that this year, someone in this world will not feel the joyful spirit of Christmas. Let us work together in whatever way we can to bring those joy and hope back into their lives.

I apologize for the gloom and sadness in this post but today, I wasn’t able to sleep because these stories and images kept flashing in my head. Once again, every parent and child, not only in America are terrorized in fear that something this evil can happen. We need to unite once more as one nation with one heart to cope and overcome the fear, the threat, that feeling of helplessness. Perhaps writing and talking about them will ease the horror, fear, even the anger that someone can be so heartless and that nature’s disasters can be unforgiving . It is time to once again pray and hold hands as one nation and one people, united in one spirit. Together we can overcome anything. Together we can help each other dry every tear and heal all forms of tragedies. We will be each other source of inspiration and strength. Good will prevail and overcome darkness.

Last night, my son and I offered a little prayer for the victims and their mourning families. I had a feeling that I wasn’t praying alone. And yes, I was able to finally sleep soundly even just for several hours. I woke up still thinking about the events and I still felt that fear that my kid , anyone’s kid will never be safe when they leave for school. The words I read in the news, “Hold your kids closely,” still echoes in my head and I will be hearing that everyday by heart every time I bring him to school. As I watched the latest update on the Newtown’s shooting, I saw the faces of the innocent victims. Their faces full of light, joy, with eyes sparkling with lots of hopes and dreams. I had to stop for a while to wipe the tears I can no longer hold back.

A loving father who while fighting back tears told the world that her daughter loved to draw and was always smiling. Her smile and those who perished that day will always be honored and remembered. The world mourns today. (AP Photo/Emilie Parker Fund)

My message to every parent, “Don’t let this kind of terror win.” We are stronger than we think. We are stronger together. God is there and he will help us face our fears and win our battles.

Related Stories:

Huff Post Crime: A Father Fight Back Tears

CNN: Newtown School Murders: The World Reacts

This entry was posted in Events, Life, people, Post A Week and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

101 Responses to Tears And Tragedy Days Before Christmas

1. Mazigrace says:

Our hearts go out to these families who have lost precious life. Makes one realize that life is fragile and can be snuffed out in a second. Be thankful for this new day and the blessings that we have. Peace, love and light to those in need right now.

• Thank you my friend. A comment full of bright and generous thoughts. Yes, we should be thankful everyday for each and every blessings we received particularly the gift of life. God bless you and your family.

2. Yes I so agree. I was writing a silly blog yesterday unaware that the lives of so many were being changed forever. Thanks for writing this one.

• After hearing and seeing the images and stories on T.V. and the internet, I couldn’t write anything except the current events that haunted us all. A tragedy that made us realize how precious life and family is. A tragedy that made us cry from within. Thanks for sharing.

3. Little hearts need not be subjected to so much grief. No one should. I pray for a world gone wildly out of control. Your post is a tribute to those who suffer and a reminder to those who are here to try to get back the control. Too much sadness. Hug your boy, IT.

• I hug him more now than ever. I pray for a better , safer world for him and his generation. What happened in CT can happen anywhere. The fear, the pain has affected us all. When it involves innocent kids, we can longer act blind on the evil around us. We have to work together to try our best it will not happen again. That we all can one day sleep soundly knowing once again our love ones are safe. God bless. Thanks.

4. Awww this made me cry. And I was listening to I DREAMED A DREAM ryt now, and it just make this more heartbreaking.

• When I was watching these images, reading the loss and pain both tragedies had created, I was in tears. It’s an intense emotion that I can not hold back. We all have to speak out and make others know that we care. It will be sad and disturbing if someone still feel indifferent or insentive to what has happened. Thanks for sharing.

My heart is sadden for the lost families are experiencing during this time. My prayer is that they will be comforted in their time of need.

• Yes, I do pray that in this moments of grief they will find comfort. That healing happens quickly. That soon they can once again smile. For now we show our respect and share their grief. Thanks for sharing.

6. God bless you for this thoughtful reminder that all of us are part of a great worldwide family that should share grief as well as joy and lend our prayers and support to those who have been recently victimized.

• Thank you John and Mary. All my friends felt a similar sadness that something so horrible can happen to these beautiful little angels. We all need to unite and find ways to make sure it doesn’t happen again. We pray as one community for the victims and their families.

7. lifeofaministermom says:

There’s no need to apologize IT. We all feel what you’re feeling, and I thank you for so eloquently expressing the impact of these tragedies. I spent a great deal of time in prayer yesterday, and will continue to do so far the broken-hearted. I thank God for His love, and I know He will continue to lift us all up during these times of need.

God bless you friend!

Patricia

• While updating this post, I was crying. I saw the girl’s picture and her dad who will never see or hug her again. My wife is feeling the same although she more quiet about it. Everyday, they will be now part of my family’s prayers. God is there and he can help us heal all hurts and fears together. Thanks Patricia.

8. bebs1 says:

This is unbelievable. I feel very grateful and lucky that I grew up at a time when the world was a lot better for a child to grow in. Now, where is safe haven? That last picture taught as all a lesson, what he holds most important in life are really all what we need in this life.

• Thanks Beb. I too grew up in a much safer world as well. We may have less then but we can walk to school at peace. We don’t lock our doors. We know our neighbors.We reach out when someone is in need. Today, everyday is too busy with just about anything. Sad because we invented all these gadgets to make life easier but somehow a lot of us lost that sense of giving and ability to care. It’s time to change and go back to what is real. Merry Christmas.

9. starlight says:

so true, my heart aches just watching and reading the news.. sending my thoughts and prayers for those who are suffering.. it’s quite difficult to be happy yet life goes on..

10. our24yeargap says:

Don’t forget about the children stabbed in a Chinese school yesterday. They have had an outbreak of stabbings in their schools lately.

• I didn’t know that. I’m so sorry. I will check it out. My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families. This world needs a lot of healing. We all need a lot of healing. It just so sad that it had to happen at a time when everyone should be happy and not grieving. Thanks for sharing.

11. Thank you for reminding me what is important and to pray without ceasing for those that have been hit the hardest. I do not claim to understand why these horrible things happen in our world (I have my own thoughts, but now is not the time for them). I just re-read The Shack last week, and it has helped center my troubled heart. I always glean new truths each time I read an inspirational book or a passage in the scriptures, and this time, the phrase, “Love without an agenda” hit a chord with me. I pass it on to you, hopping it brings you some peace.

• Thanks Darla. “Love without an agenda,” sounds beautiful and inspiring. We do need to love generously without expecting in return. Real love is thinking of someone’s welfare before our wants. I pray for peace for the world that needs it so badly. A peace that starts within us, the those around us, then the world over. God bless and wishing you all the joys of the holidays.

12. Cathy G says:

Hello island traveler. There’s no need for you to apologize. As always you express what is in your heart. It’s likely that many others are feeling the same way. I also decided to share my own thoughts, too. Somehow, it just felt important to do so. God bless you.

• Thank you Cathy for sharing your generous thoughts and hopes. I watched this morning while updating the post the images of the victims and their families. When I saw the Emily’s smile and knowing what happened to her, I cried. A cry that I can’t hold back. As a parent, I can not imagine what her parents are going through. My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families. God bless you my friend. Merry Christmas.

• Cathy G says:

Hello Island Traveler. Thank-you for sharing your thoughts during this tragedy. What the family members and community of Newtown are experiencing is unimaginable. It will be important to support in the long term as well as the short term. God bless. Have a Merry and Peaceful Christmas.

• Thanks Cathy. Yes we both need long term and short term support for those affected by these tragedy. We should never forget that evil lurks around just waiting. But when we pray and work together, we are stronger.God bless and wishing you and your family the joys of the holiday season. Merry Christmas.

13. Karen Wan says:

Beautifully written post. Thank you for sharing it!

14. you wrote a beautiful, heartfelt post. Thank you.
    My daughter and I sat in front of CNN most of the afternoon and cried off and on; my sons in MA. were texting us from work throughout the day, too: it was the type of horror that makes family want to join hands, even if only in a digital sense.
    I also feel horrible for whatever afflicted the young perpetrator; what pain he must have carried to lash out against his mother, community and self in such a brutal way. As the news trickled in and his brother was quoted, saying “I hadn’t spoken to him in two years.” I felt crushed! Every aspect of this story is so incredibly sad; against the backdrop of Christmas, more so.
    Again, thank you for being one of the good guys…it matters!

• It is so sad. There is not even a word to describe the horror and pain this event has caused. When I look at the beautiful faces of the children and read how many times they got shot, I felt like my heart is being crushed. If I react that way, just imagine how the parents are feeling right now. I hope and pray the all wounds and grief will heal soon and those who lived can move on in time. Thanks for sharing.

15. Cara Olsen says:

Though the world continues to spin, my heart continues to weep with the knowledge that we, as a people, are capable of committing heinous, unthinkable acts against children. There are no words to express the deep sadness and overwhelming shame I feel on behalf of those without conscience.

My husband said something very poignant yesterday, something that helped me put the whole of it into perspective. I’ve copied and pasted it here for you, in the hopes that these words help you as well.

“It is clear after a day like today that a great evil can exist within man….if we are capable of such evil, we must also be capable of an equal or greater good. It is our obligation to perpetrate great good among those we encounter in our circle of influence . . . for those fighting for Love will always win!”

Blessings,
    Cara

• Your husband is a wise, kind hearted man. His belief on the good in all is very inspiring. I will remember his words by heart. The world mourns with the victims and their families. They will be in our thoughts and prayers. What happened in Newtown can happen anywhere and we can no longer be indifferent. As a nation, we all should work and pray together that all wound will heal and that something like this should never happen again. God bless you and your family.

I’m still numbed… The only thing I can think of and ask is why there is no gun control…

• I am numb too till today . So are my friends and family who day and night continues to follow up with the tragedy. Violence of all forms especially guns should be banned. No if and buts. We saw the evil it can do. Time to put a stop to it. I hope there is a politician out there brave enough to fight for this. Whoever he/she is, millions will support him/her for sure. Thanks Amy.

17. Thank you for the very touching post!

18. Thank you for posting this. I cannot post my scheduled Christmas post tomorrow. I will keep the one I posted Thursday, as I think that is more appropriate. Just a bit numb as are my daughters who teach school. Thank you for reacting with these thoughts and photos. We are one right now in our incredulity and grief…again.

• I told my son today, we need to add another gift to your teacher’s Christmas to show her that you love her. I didn’t know he had a bad day yesterday and wrote in his notebook, “Sorry teacher ___ . Love____. The incident cause sadness and grief to every parent and child. Our weekend was full of sadness. Last night my wife cried again as she read the stories of the parents who lost their little angels that horrible day. Every parent I know are scared because it can happen anywhere and no one is safe anymore. Every time we bring my son to school, he gets more hugs and kisses than ever. Wishing you and your family a Christmas full of love, peace and joy.

19. I am not sure that we can ever begin to make sense of these tragedies. There is not explanation that will take the pain and hurt away from those affected. We can only pray that they will find peace in their hearts and the strength to get through it all.

• Prayers do help a lot. Since the incident , I continue to pray for the victims and for their grieving families. I can not imagine what they are going through when they are alone at night in their room no longer hearing the laughter of their love ones. If we cry because of the sadness how much more the one who is directly affected by it. I hope and pray that their healing process happens soon and that the pain gets bearable.

20. I don’t think we’d be human if we weren’t overwhelmed by sad situations such as these. I know it makes me feel helpless. I can’t do much more than care and wish that things were different.

• I share your thoughts. It’s just hard to accept that we are helpless but perhaps together, we have more chances in making a change that will make it safer for our kids once the leave our homes. Thanks for sharing.

21. pixilated2 says:

My head is reeling.

Thank you for expressing what so many of us are feeling, beyond the shock and horror. We have the easy part.

• Indeed we do. I friend of mine lost her baby so many years ago but when she started talking about her, tears fell from her eyes like it happened yesterday. I realized there is no way of overcoming the pain. It just gets less painful but it is still there. I think the media is distracting the family of the victims from really grieving. When all the craziness subsides, it’s only then that they have the quiet time to heal. I pray that the healing happens soon. Thanks for sharing.

23. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

An excellent, excellent post – and thank you for the links at the end. I had not known about the typhoon. You brought me news. I will pray for them – all. While we go about Christmas shopping, this is where they are at. God Almighty, that shooting in Conneticut is worse, for it was not mother nature, but human choice.

• I agree, the Connecticut was worse since it was an act of an evil , senseless man. People kept saying he was crazy but personally, I think that doesn’t justify what he did. Shooting kids while looking straight into their scared faces is “pure evil.” As parents, we know that our children is our light and joy. When that is taken away, life will never be the same again. May God hid our prayers and comfort comes quick to those who survived and the family of the victims. We continue to pray for those who didn’t make it that day.

A beautiful and thoughtful post. So many people suffering because of these latest tragedies. We will remember their grief as we celebrate Christmas, and pray that they find peace.

25. westseventhfreelance says:

Thank you for this post…it is so important to be mindful and do whatever we can, no matter how small it may seem, or feel, for all children and families around the globe-

• Thank you. Until today, I can not finish reading the updates of the events without tearing up. That in mind, I can not imagine that pain the parents must be feeling everyday. God is good and I know he will comfort them during this time of grief.

26. angrygaijin says:

Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for writing this post.

27. I have struggled with those stories and images, as well — your post reminds us that unfortunately too often there are tragedies throughout the world that tarnish the holiday season. Peace and joy to you and your family this holiday, Island Traveler ~ Kat

• Thank you Kat. I agree. It is sad that something so horrible happened and it fell at the time when people should be celebrating their families and not mourning. We continue to pray for them. Wishing you and your family all the joys, love and peace of the holidays.

28. Connie T says:

Both event are sad. So many people died in the typhoon. It made me sad yesterday to hear about the school shooting. I just don’t understand why anyone would do that.

• Me too. It was senseless and horrible no words can even describe. It is unbelievable how a human being can look into someones eye, a child’s eye with all anger and no mercy. Gives me shivers every time and some tears. Thanks for sharing.

29. It’s terribly hard to respond to such tragedies–I’ve had a pit in my stomach with the news. Both are devastating and wrenching. If only we could erase all such events, and we could all live in peace.

• If we can only erase the events and turn back time. I pray for peace , healing and forgiveness for all. It is time to set aside the things that divided people and join hands to protect the innocent and pursue peace. Thanks Sally.

30. Cheryl says:

So poignant, Mr. B. Without voices like yours there would be no hope when tragedy occurs.

• Thanks. That night I couldn’t sleep. It was very disturbing. I have a first grader and I can not imagine something like that horrible can happen to another child of a similar age. It was a violation of every parent and child rights in America and the world over. This is something that will haunt us for a long time and we should never forget. We should do our best that it will “never” happen again. If I can only stay with my son everyday in school but we all know that is impossible. Faith will give us comfort.

So much tragedy in our world… My heart goes out to the families affected by typhoon Bopha which hit Davao Oriental, and to the families in Newtown, CT… so, so sad. :-(

32. thirdeyemom says:

I have been so upset and stunned by this senseless act of violence. I wish there was an answer. I wish we could give these children back to their parents. You and I both have children the same age. It makes my heart bleed. Really I can hardly sleep.

• Yes, it made my heart bleed and honestly the anguish and fear is still there especially every time I bring my son to school and see all these young kids so full of joy, hope and dreams. If we only can shield them parents 24/7. God have mercy on all of us. My Christmas wish? A world where our children can be safe again and a world embracing peace instead of hate and greed. Thanks for sharing.

33. rommel says:

Oh no. It hurts to look at the images. I can’t… I don’t want to think … I’m grieving … badly.

• Me too Bro. I had to turn off the computer or T.V. sometimes to give me time to not feel bad the incidents. This is something that hit all of us where it hurts the most. I agree to one writer, “A person can be bad. Evil is evil.” We can not make excuses for the horrible act he made. It’s not right . It’s not fair to the grieving families. They deserve a closure because this is something that they will carry with them for so many years.

34. john tugano says:

it really pains me to see and to know what had happened to the little angels of newton school and also to my fellow kababayans who suffered a lot because of the typhoon.I don’t know how these people will cope in such tragedy especially now that Christmas is coming. I hope Christmas will still be happy amid of these chaos..I pray for them bro..

• I don’t know how they will cope too. Right now, the media and the shock of it all is probably preventing them from really grieving. When silence comes and we are alone, that is when the feelings of hurt becomes unbearable. Let us pray that they will find the healing and peace they needed badly.

Through all of this pain and loss of lives, I know God must have a reason…may we all be sheltered in His love and keep our hopes high that His goodness is strongest when we are at our weakest. Thank you so much for sharing your heart.

36. Pingback: Remembering Connecticut Loved Ones By Name | LifeSchool Inc.

37. jennifermaki says:

Thank you for this touching tribute. Shared along at lifeschoolinc. No words could ever express, truly, but we can share fully of our hearts and send prayers for a deeper love to come from all of this. Bless you and your beautiful family. jenni

• Thanks Jenni. Yes, one of the things we could do know if just pray, hold hands in our thoughts and desire to create a better world for our children, to hope that the victim’s family will find peace and healing soon and that our little angels are now happily playing and laughing in heaven.

38. aRVee says:

Great post bro! These are just too sad to bear.

First, the typhoon that hit the Philippines is just so devastating, more than 900 lost their lives, and I would have to say a good number of them is attributable to illegal logging. So sad that innocent lives had to suffer…

Then a heart breaking Sandy Hook massacre, such a very sad story to bear considering that most victims were children. It breaks my heart.

RIP to the little angels and our fellow countrymen who died so soon.

Happy Holidays to you, your family, friends, relatives and all your supporters! :)

Stay blessed and take care!

• Thanks ArVee. It broke my heart too and it does still. Going through work and life diverts my thoughts but when I see or read about them, the emotions comes fresh all over again. I guess it goes to all. We need to care. We need to feel and remember. Merry Christmas to you and your family. God bless.

39. Thank you for reminding us that suffering happens every day, everywhere. My prayers are with those families and especially the children. I wish I could erase the pain and suffering.

• I wish I could erase them too and that it never happened. We continue to pray for them. Perhaps one day, the living families and the survivors can smile again…really smile. Thanks.

40. Miljo Anne says:

Very well written post! My prayers for the victims especially for their loved ones left behind! Let’s also pray for the children who are in trauma and that they can move on from this tragic event…

• My friend was just talking about the traumatized survivors. Of how in years they will be haunted with painful memories and scary nightmares. Just unimaginable. They too should be part of our prayers and may people realize that they need help us well. Thanks and best wishes.

41. Some people are so mad… to take off a child’s innocence and his merry Christmas spirit… Let us pray for them. Beautiful and touching post!

42. dearrosie says:

Thank you for this heartfelt post IT. Last Friday was one of the saddest days I can remember.
    I’m so glad you also included the devastation from the typhoon that hit the Philippines. We need to be reminded – it’s so easy to forget – that the rest of the world are suffering too.
    I’ll never forget the photo of the little boy covered in mud carrying his shoes, his book and a statue of Jesus!

My blessings you to and your family IT.

• Thanks my friend. Somehow that boy reminded me of all of us during our lowest moments and when trials comes our way. It reminds me of what is really important in life and what we should bring with us when we have to choose only a few. All blessings to you and your family.

Thank you for sharing the sadness in your heart. You’re so right when you say that all children deserve to be happy. These recent events which have shattered families, have reminded us of how fragile life is, and also that we need to love and hug those dear to us, very often. Tomorrow is never a certainty; we only have each day as it comes. Love and best wishes to you and your dear family.

• I am hugging more my son and spending as much time to make him happy. I wish I can work less and just spend quality time with my family. Sadly , even during the holidays that is not possible. Work pretty mush is part of survival but unfortunately eats up that needed time to build moments with our love ones.

44. friendlytm says:

I have nominated your blog to receive the Wonderful Team Readership award. Please check it out.

I wish you a wonderful holiday season, and a happy new year!

Sincerely,
    Denise, aka friendlytm
    Dec 18, 2012

45. Freedomborn says:

Dear Island traveler, my compassion is with all those too who have lost Loved ones at Christmas or suffered in some way. Last Christmas my Sister died and Ron was away and I spent it alone except for a few Blogging friends and my furry friends. It was a hard time for me but when something like this senseless killing happens, fear is also part of the grief that they feel and my heart is very heavy knowing the heartache that many have. God feels deeply the pain His Children suffer and we never walk through it alone, He gives us His strength to carry our Burden and it no longer weighs us down.

These world wide natural disasters were foretold by Jesus and are a sign that our world is coming to an end, we will write a Post about what to look for next year, there are still more Prophecies to be fulfilled but we can see then starting to come in view even now.

I would like to share again Island traveler the Scripture The Lord gave me, everytime I read it I’m reassured and encouraged. Another thing that God encouraged me with was an assurance that I did not need to worry about tomorrow, He won’t leave us ever and regardless of what happens to us or our Loved ones, our grief will be limited when compared to our Eternal Joy, and we will have no memory of what we have suffered and lost on earth.

Isaiah 43:1-3 – Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour.”

Jeremiah 29 :11-12 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Lamentations 3: 33 For He doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

Matthew 11:27 -29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Christian Love Anne.

• Thank Anne. You words are so comforting. Thank you for opening my eyes too. It is so easy to be side track with the demands of the world and forgetting the essential part of why we are here on Earth. The scary events around the world scares me too and somehow, I do agree without that the closer we are to what was told by the prophets, the harder it gets. It’s only love and faith that will help us make it through. Thank you for sharing this, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour.” This Christmas, I will bring my son to the Nativity scene in our church and show him of reason for joy and hope. Sorry to here about you sisters.I know she is now at peace and happy in heaven. There is no total overcoming from a loss and grief but we find strength in our God, our family and friends. Merry Christmas.

46. Imelda says:

May God grant eternal rest to the departed and consolation to the living. May He see all of us, especially the grieving and sorrowing, through these tragedies.

47. Indira says:

Very sad even to read, just think of those bearing it, makes me cry. How people can be so insensitive. Very well written with sincere feelings, thanks for sharing.

• Thanks Indira. It was a heartless act and yes, there are still people out there who are insensitive and indifferent. They are lucky it didn’t happen to them or someone they know. Tragedies like these make us realize that we are humans that capable of caring, feeling, loving and giving. It unites all that listened to their humanity.

48. Pingback: My Christmas Wish | terry1954

49. Thank you for speaking out about these two tragedies. We are heartbroken and in shock, but yours is an important reminder that we need to take care of our children, all over the world.